Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

indigi posted:

mmm, ER nurses not really

Condolences on your havana induced bad take

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Weka posted:

And that worked? You'd think an awful lot of nurses would have been calling in sick.

Sort of, the nurses continued with some symbolic "illegal" strikes and the latest development is that Danske Regioner (i.e. their direct employer) had their negotiator basically turn around to face the government and say "Look we're going to have to give them more money, so pay up."

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

That graphic with the Fix my AC! complaint presented as an unreasonable demand makes it pretty clear that landlords really just expect money to be paid without putting any work or upkeep into their job/ investment.

We bought a place that has an illegal unit downstairs and people are genuinely confused by our not renting it out, seeing it as giving up free money.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I wish landlords were like in my mangas, big titty bicurious blondes who live next door and don't knock

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Professor Shark posted:

That graphic with the Fix my AC! complaint presented as an unreasonable demand makes it pretty clear that landlords really just expect money to be paid without putting any work or upkeep into their job/ investment.

We bought a place that has an illegal unit downstairs and people are genuinely confused by our not renting it out, seeing it as giving up free money.

absolute brutal takedown of the theoretical landlord who made that meme image obviously created as a joke making fun of landlords

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

little munchkin posted:

absolute brutal takedown of the theoretical landlord who made that meme image obviously created as a joke making fun of landlords

The only inaccuracy is that they had to use an image editor to make it and an actual landlord would just use some meme generator website

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I'm genuinely curious what the original is now though, I did a reverse-GIS and that wasn't really helpful other than showing it kinda popped into existence 4 days ago. It sorta looks like it's from PragerU so I went there to see if anything recent kinda lined up with it topically and immediately regretted it.

I didn't find anything obvious that could be the source of that image and I'm done looking cuz I'm all filled up on my nazi quota already so here's a thumbnail that made me giggle:

Also lol good I'm glad this has whipped you into a frothing rage:

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Professor Shark posted:

That graphic with the “Fix my AC!” complaint presented as an unreasonable demand makes it pretty clear that landlords really just expect money to be paid without putting any work or upkeep into their “job”/ “investment”.

It's called PASSIVE income goddammit

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I was at a funeral last month and the whole "stand for the flag, kneel for the cross" thing clicked and made sense. I'm 36

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
...what didn't make sense about it

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Did you think they were protesting the crucifixion?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Im not baptized and never went to church and especially never went to Catholic church

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Gonna make a bold moral statement and say I'm against nailing people to crosses

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
i also had no idea what kneel for the cross meant but i assumed it was just some weird Christian thing

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Cloks posted:

i also had no idea what kneel for the cross meant but i assumed it was just some weird Christian thing

Ironic how there is widespread subservience to the "king of The Jews" by the same people crying about (((globalism)))

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

500excf type r posted:

Im not baptized and never went to church and especially never went to Catholic church

Oh, because of the kneelers?

That's not standard across christian denominations, but not exclusively catholic.

The term actually comes from moto military christians or someone of similar nationalistic zealotry. I definitely heard it first in the army, only sparsely outside of it.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Oh, because of the kneelers?

That's not standard across christian denominations, but not exclusively catholic.

The term actually comes from moto military christians or someone of similar nationalistic zealotry. I definitely heard it first in the army, only sparsely outside of it.

I just never thought about what it meant beyond random zealotry, not different than stomp on the flag and I'll stomp on your rear end or something but more jesusy

I had 'pirates code' instead of no rel pref on my id tags during my deployments because I figured it would be a pretty good lol if I needed last rites

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

500excf type r posted:

I just never thought about what it meant beyond random zealotry, not different than stomp on the flag and I'll stomp on your rear end or something but more jesusy

I had 'pirates code' instead of no rel pref on my id tags during my deployments because I figured it would be a pretty good lol if I needed last rites

So like did they have to ship over a military-trained ordained pirate just in case

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Shame Boy posted:

So like did they have to ship over a military-trained ordained pirate just in case

I'm still alive, never found out =(

Maybe my token grave stone could have a jolly roger

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Shame Boy posted:

They just send whatever chaplain. What's on the tags doesn't mean poo poo unless the religion has specific rites. Mine said No Pref Rec until I got my deployment spares, which said None.

The chaplain isn't for you most of the time, it's for your unit and easing the management of loss, because a lot of people need help accepting Joe isn't coming back.

That said, the chaplain that deployed with my unit had a mental breakdown and had to be shipped back home after 4 months. Dude was play kung-fu fighting trees, talking lots of nonsense, just losing his mind being away from his wife a half dozen kids. His replacement was this brick shithouse of a baptist preacher that was actually pretty chill with us heathens.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Shame Boy posted:

normal rites but the chaplain has to talk like a pirate the whole time

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jazerus posted:

normal rites but the chaplain has to talk like a pirate the whole time

Arrrr father who arrrrrrt in heaven
Gallowed be th-eyyyyyyyye name

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

The Bloop posted:

Arrrr father who arrrrrrt in heaven
Gallowed be th-eyyyyyyyye name

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

little munchkin posted:

gently caress you it's accurate

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

little munchkin posted:

Hope that land lord sees this bruh

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The number of actual in IRL life landlords who have seen that meme and shared it in earnest is more than 1000.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

https://twitter.com/Fishferbrains/status/1444440170439208961?s=19

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I bet some enterprising Host could whip something up that could randomly generate fake booking information and report every unit in the building in order to get around this

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
lol if you believe you'll actually get that $100.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
drat, the place is literally named gaslamp

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Fame Douglas posted:

yeah youre totally getting kicked out that same day

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth

bob dobbs is dead posted:

drat, the place is literally named gaslamp

probably San Diego, theres a whole area called the Gaslamp district. Its basically the citys bar strip, but classy because its pretty much downtown.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Fame Douglas posted:

eh, do it anyway on the way out

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

new friend from school posted:

probably San Diego, there’s a whole area called the Gaslamp district. It’s basically the city’s bar strip, but “classy” because it’s pretty much downtown.

they always rigorously call it the gaslamp quarter in sd tho

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

lol youre paying for my whole stay or Im not giving you poo poo

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I'm bad at being woke, what's the take on Airbnb? In this case, we have three actors: landlord (bad), hosts and guests. Aren't the hosts just being sublandlords and the guests are enabling it? Is it just bad guys all the way down?

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
they are illegal hotels that enjoy the current state of gerontocracy that cant pass any laws or regulation. If you can avoid using them please do. The people with more power are more culpable but no one is innocent

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

They also have a pretty bad effect on the long term rental market in places with lots of tourism - I think people can overstate how much they specifically impact affordability and availability vs other factors but its definitely there

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

indigi posted:

lol youre paying for my whole stay or Im not giving you poo poo

you could turn them in on your last day and take the gift card if you're ok with being a landlord snitch for $100

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Ive never used air bnb but I assume theres a guest rating system like with rideshares

I imagine turning in your host might get you some serious dings on that right?