Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

poo poo like that is why I’m glad I don’t Twitter anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Twitter is bad

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I think the problem is rovert, not Twitter. Twitter doesn't help, though.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Venomous posted:

no, but I remember when he tagged with God against Shane and Vince, and Vince buried God, the fucker

Ah poo poo you're right I forgot about that. It was still stupid as hell.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Tampa Bae posted:

what

Gresham is legitimately one of the best technical wrestlers in the last 15 years, just put him in a match

e: Ever. He's up there with Malenko, Angle, Danielson, and Zack Sabre Jr

He's on shows nobody outside of the hardest of the hardcore watch. He also wrestles a style that doesn't make you immediately go wow the way a hoss hurling somebody or a flyer doing a crazy move does. I am completely sure that given time AEW could make him a star but he's not going to come in shining the way ZSJ would due to ZSJ being a top guy in NJPW for like 5 years. Anyway they are clearly trying to do something with Lee Johnson and he seems like a cool wrestler so push Lee Johnson

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I feel like I posted this the last time they were brought up, but a loving CARLIST

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 22 minutes!

I have never seen anyone claim to be promonarchist. I didn't even know that was a thing until now

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Shard posted:

I have never seen anyone claim to be promonarchist. I didn't even know that was a thing until now

There are shitloads of them sadly and they're all just as dumb as that guy

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I hate to get back on the Trevor Train but fuckin’ lol...

https://twitter.com/EFFYlives/status/1443381600251695105?s=20
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1443615556729516037?s=20

The sheer loving nerve.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Shard posted:

Come to the UK.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

karmicknight posted:

I feel like I posted this the last time they were brought up, but a loving CARLIST

Carlists in 2021 is the actual funniest possible political affiliation and it makes me happy every time i see one

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

lol

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

karmicknight posted:

Right nothing like supporting a claim to the Spanish throne with a guy who died almost a 100 years ago. Like who do you support the bloodline died out in 1936.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

karmicknight posted:

One day Archduke Karl Pius descendents will get the crown they deserve.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
karl piss

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
maybe he just likes making lists of cars

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 22 minutes!
Who is Carl and why are some people isting him?

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

Shard posted:

Alternate branch of the Spanish monarchy that evertime the Spanish monarchy has looked weak leads to them trying to put a member of that family on the throne. The current family the Bourbons are considered too corrupted by liberal democratic ideas by Carlists but no one cares about them anymore.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shard posted:

It's a Hardees/Carl's Jr divide thing.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

my life of being shamed by things sharing my name continues

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The promonarchist arguments about regality and dignity of rule goes out the window when you start talking about cousin fuckin.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

CarlCX posted:

my life of being shamed by things sharing my name continues

Don't worry, its not as crazy as American Monarchists.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

coconono posted:

The promonarchist arguments about regality and dignity of rule goes out the window when you start talking about cousin fuckin.

For some I imagine that's a feature and not a bug.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Shard posted:

You can be a Carlist or an Urkelist, make your choice now!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Carlist is just Spanish for fascist.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

There was a sign about Uncle Carl last night

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I'm actually thankful that someone explained Carlist because I had no idea what it was

I kept thinking of all the possible pop culture references it could be

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
This is why people have got to get excited about Victoria 3 (or I guess HoI IV also features the Carlists)

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

I'm actually thankful that someone explained Carlist because I had no idea what it was

I kept thinking of all the possible pop culture references it could be

Yeah its a super niche thing that you really only know about if you either A) someone who studies post Napoleonic wars Spain, or B) a fan of paradox games.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Mohawk Potato posted:

Yeah its a super niche thing that you really only know about if you either A) someone who studies post Napoleonic wars Spain, or B) a fan of paradox games.

Those are probably the same person

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

All that Carlist/pro-monarchist nonsense sounds insane and incoherent but actually seems like a more honest version of the whole spirit behind "conservatism" and "traditionalism". Its just people mad at change and other people getting rights. Even if that change happened like 100 years before they were born.

"fervent anti-zionist" stands out though.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I think French monarchists are funnier than the Carlists by a hair, mainly because there's three different groups of them bickering over a crown that doesn't even exist anymore. At least Spain has a king.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The best fact about the Carlists was that at some point in the Franco years the claimant was the Duke of Parma. Who by the early 70s had turned into a Titoist (the communist leader of Yugoslavia) & he got big into the idea of worker self-management of industries & so forth. Which, inevitably caused another schism in the Carlist movement between the Legitimists & the arch-conservative reactionaries.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Sep 30, 2021

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

all I remember about Carlism is that Franco forcibly merged the Civil War era Carlists with the Falange, to which the Carlist pretender to the throne was extremely pissed off and burned most of hIs bridges with Franco

anyway, orthodox Carlism is far-right monarchism and therefore extremely dumb

Venomous fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Sep 30, 2021

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I have such a soft spot for American monarchists because it never existed but they really want it, right down to some of them saying the line of monarchy should be traced back to George Washington and that the current King should be King Richard Washington of Texas.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
One of the leading British monarchists is an American who pretends to be British but is really just an Italian from upstate NY.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Just want you all to be aware that this completely slew me. I'm dead now. Sorry.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Mohawk Potato posted:

Alternate branch of the Spanish monarchy that evertime the Spanish monarchy has looked weak leads to them trying to put a member of that family on the throne. The current family the Bourbons are considered too corrupted by liberal democratic ideas by Carlists but no one cares about them anymore.

Note: the Carlists were in bed with the fascists during the Spanish Civil War, so make of that what you will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

edogawa rando posted:

Note: the Carlists were in bed with the fascists during the Spanish Civil War, so make of that what you will.

Yeah Franco was afraid that Juan Carlos Bourbon was too liberal and was afraid too make him his heir despite most of Francos supporters wanted the monarchy back. Then Franco died Juan Carlos ascended the throne and immediately declared a republic so gently caress you Franco.