Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Walla posted:

Simone, I hope you have a good day and I hope you manage to make a new friend.

Danke!

i hope people do realize that my extreme reactions to negativity are just borne of how tired i am of negativity in life in general... everyone is just so miserable and pissy. in the past week, i've been screamed at 3 times by road rage people in situations where i didn't even do anything to endanger or inconvenience the other person... but was still called "a dumb motherfucker", "a loving human being" (despite being a girl? i guess my haircut is very androgynous but still), etc. and i do mean SCREAMED at. this one guy, i was just like "okay" and he goes "I'LL KICK YOUR loving rear end"

so yeah, it's like... drat people, can we just stop with all the double irony yet, can't we just be sincere and nice, just once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
i loving love five guys and panda express

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
like i always say, "just because the world is poo poo doesn't mean you have to fit in"

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Willo567 posted:

i loving love five guys and panda express

panda express is objectively terrible and unhealthy but it does taste okay

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Five whole guys?!

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Simone Magus posted:

panda express is objectively terrible and unhealthy but it does taste okay

i used to go to sarku and get the chicken teriyaki with fried rice but i don't live near one anymore so i have to make do with what i have

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

Danke!

i hope people do realize that my extreme reactions to negativity are just borne of how tired i am of negativity in life in general... everyone is just so miserable and pissy. in the past week, i've been screamed at 3 times by road rage people in situations where i didn't even do anything to endanger or inconvenience the other person... but was still called "a dumb motherfucker", "a loving human being" (despite being a girl? i guess my haircut is very androgynous but still), etc. and i do mean SCREAMED at. this one guy, i was just like "okay" and he goes "I'LL KICK YOUR loving rear end"

so yeah, it's like... drat people, can we just stop with all the double irony yet, can't we just be sincere and nice, just once

Hey, I’m sorry for assuming you were a guy and generally bringing you down even if it wasn’t intentional. I hope your week goes better cause it definitely doesn’t seem like you especially deserve it.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the cafe where i used to work had a sign at the register that said "no, your barista is not hitting on you" because it was such a problem

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

telling you not to hit on service workers isnt being negative or rude or mean. randomly being rude oddium again is however so please stop doing that.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Simone Magus posted:

Danke!

Do you drive at the speed limit because I've found at least here that people get pissy if you're not driving like 5-10 over at all times

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Stux posted:

telling you not to hit on service workers isnt being negative or rude or mean. randomly being rude oddium again is however so please stop doing that.

ill be rude to oddium whenever i want

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Looper posted:

the cafe where i used to work had a sign at the register that said "no, your barista is not hitting on you" because it was such a problem

Is this one of those parasocial relationships I've heard so much about

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ethanol posted:

Umm im not going to answer this blatant troll attempt, clean up your act

okay ... okay!! walter white hands up: "ya got me !!" ✋ 😛 🤚

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ethanol posted:

ill be rude to oddium whenever i want

ill destroy you

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i don't weigh in often on this sort of thing but i think it was fair to say not to hit on service workers, AND i also think that the barista might either appreciate the kind comments you've been leaving, or is hoping to keep you as a customer

i think you would need more to go on before you could assume further interest. although i'm ace so i'm a pretty outside observer here, so just speaking for me personally, a server hitting on me would actually make me incredibly uncomfortable. i dunno how this sort of meet cute works out logistically outside of movies without someone being fired for being inappropriate or someone getting kicked out for being inappropriate

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
yeah no I get it, many of you think that there is literally zero chance that someone wants to be my friend

i get what you're saying

all i'm saying is that i respectfully think you're loving crazy because making friends with people who come into your work is ABSOLUTELY A loving THING

you

jesus

gently caress

and my original statement wasn't "I SHOULD PROBABLLY HIT ON THIS CHIKC HUH GUYSSSSS"

it was just "haha maybe this person is trying to befriend or flirt with me wouldn't that be rad :kiddo: "

so you know

god drat

gently caress

this is literally maddening

i don't know if you people are that hosed up or what that you think it's worth telling me NO DON'T GET YOUR HOPES UP

literally

LITERALLY WHY not say "haha yeah maybe! good luck Simone!" or NOT SAY ANYTHING

LITERALLY WHY BE NEGATIVE AND PESSIMISTIC

LITERALLY WHY

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

no. we're saying dont hit on service workers. stop being toxic and gently caress off.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the chicken noodle is good too in a bread bowl

e: that's what i get for not refreshing

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

quit loving reading everyone's posts uncharitably. when have I been an rear end in a top hat to you? i'm saying that they might appreciate your comments, or they might just be doing their job. i'm not being pessimistic. you asked if you were being flirted on and i'm just making a read of the situation.

calling me crazy for what I said is ridiculous. i'm not saying friendships can't be formed in a place of business, friendship and flirting are two different things. if i go to a place of business enough that the server recognizes me and strikes up conversation, fine. you asked about flirting, and over them putting a thank you on a receipt. just.. see how it plays out the next few times you go?? why is this crazy advice?

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Sep 30, 2021

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I’m a macaroni and cheese and shoving a baguette in my maw guy

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stux posted:

ill destroy you

go go go

enemies everywhere

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
I suggest walking away from the screen and taking a break, Simone. This isn't doing your mind any good if it's resulting in you getting massively irate. There are legitimate wastes of one's energy, and getting mad about other peoples posts on a video game sub-forum is one of them.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

what is happening

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

go go go

enemies everywhere

ethan is my good friend, it will be a friendly destruction involving looney tunes tnt and such

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Simone Magus posted:

yeah no I get it, many of you think that there is literally zero chance that someone wants to be my friend

You need to take a break. You are reading this hostility where there is none by completely discarding the context of everyone else's posts. I'll acknowledge some people have been shorter with you than is necessary but this statement is not remotely true and is a serious overreaction, so please take a break and chill out.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

op i support your efforts to find harmony and love in a world where wondering if somebody might like you is considered hitting on them like drunk at a bar or a us senator on any given day of the week but also it is valid that some peoples response is to say the baristas job to be nice to you because that is their job and a lot of people get ideas hence having to tap the sign

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Harrow posted:

You need to take a break. You are reading this hostility where there is none by completely discarding the context of everyone else's posts. I'll acknowledge some people have been shorter with you than is necessary but this statement is not remotely true and is a serious overreaction, so please take a break and chill out.

Oh I know I'm reading more hostility than exists. But to say there's "no" hostility is just false. Oddium and Stux take great pride in poking at me, basically nonstop, and I literally have no idea why. I know they don't like me, but merely disliking someone isn't a good reason to constantly gently caress with me and put me down without ever saying something like "hey Simone, i'm not trying to make you feel down, i am just a human being too"

no it's always just this tiresome mega irony and "cute" hostility that, i sincerely don't know why everyone else loves it, i guess because they are never on the receiving end of it. it's just... so tiresome, i don't know why they can't just literally ignore me.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

don't listen to them Simone, I hope you and the Panera waitress have a happy life together and drink lots of soup out of the same big bowl

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTrk4X9ACtw

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Simone Magus posted:

LITERALLY WHY BE NEGATIVE AND PESSIMISTIC

LITERALLY WHY

Simone Magus posted:

i'm not gonna read what you wrote, oddium, because i'm not a masochist, but you have a good day too. i know you only dislike me because of how i am, not because of anything i've actually done, so i hope you one day get over that.

oddium posted:

the black bean soup at panera is so good

oddium posted:

panera bread for only having the black bean soup on alternating days i don't remember you get the Oddium Whatsa Matter You of the week

come on now. you can't assign hostility to people's posts where there literally is none and then get mad at people for "negativity and pessimism" when they're responding perfectly reasonably and in good faith to your question, or not responding at all. this is weird and makes everyone very uncomfortable

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Simone Magus posted:

these sorts of things are difficult to judge when they involve people whose jobs involve being nice, which is why people who don't have lots of social interactions thinking bartenders or waiters are hitting on them is a thing.

i'm not saying not to trust yourself or anything, just that you probably shouldn't assume anything from interactions which didn't take place in a normal social setting and not a customer service interaction.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

oddiums literally just been saying what food she likes so i dont think you should read into it unlesss you want to know what food oddium likes, which is tacos

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
we should just make the october thread early at this point

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
every so often i decide that 7-eleven is a great place to get a cheap lunch and every time it gives me the shits

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i get into fights with stux all the time but they are usually about switch pro or why persona 4 is bad

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Simone Magus posted:

Oh I know I'm reading more hostility than exists. But to say there's "no" hostility is just false. Oddium and Stux take great pride in poking at me, basically nonstop, and I literally have no idea why. I know they don't like me, but merely disliking someone isn't a good reason to constantly gently caress with me and put me down without ever saying something like "hey Simone, i'm not trying to make you feel down, i am just a human being too"

no it's always just this tiresome mega irony and "cute" hostility that, i sincerely don't know why everyone else loves it, i guess because they are never on the receiving end of it. it's just... so tiresome, i don't know why they can't just literally ignore me.

the only hostile person in this thread is you constantly blowing up at people treating you normally and being unbelievably patient with you. everyones gone far out of their way to make you feel welcome here and your response has been overwhelmingly rude and toxic and everyones loving sick of it. post somewhere else.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Simone Magus posted:

I'll be honest, I'm not convinced that people here actually dislike you like, as a person. We don't really love posts like this one, though:

Simone Magus posted:

A lot of us are, in fact, on the receiving end of being poked at, too. I mean poo poo, Stux pokes at everyone, it's like his brand. And Oddium was just posting about Panera food.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

ethanol posted:

op i support your efforts to find harmony and love in a world where wondering if somebody might like you is considered hitting on them like drunk at a bar or a us senator on any given day of the week but also it is valid that some peoples response is to say the baristas job to be nice to you because that is their job and a lot of people get ideas hence having to tap the sign

okay and to clarify, this isn't a barista, this is the kitchen manager, it actually isn't her job to be nice to me, i certainly don't see big red hearts drawn on literally anyone else's receipt

again, like, i'm not loving stupid, i don't have to be told "service industry people are often falsely nice!" like i'm freaking 12 years old. i'm saying, GIVEN THAT, i suspect there's a TINY chance that this person, going through extra effort involving drawing a heart on a receipt when she doesn't write anything on anyone else's receipt

oh forget it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Quick, someone tell me if Stardew Valley is an RPG