Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Fartington Butts posted:

Has anyone tried those frozen korean fried seaweed rolls? They look like they could be good, but I'm suspicious of how they would turn out after being cooked.

I had those and would get them again. When you cook them in the oven, if you have convection, definitely use it as they're way better being shatteringly crisp. They also leave a surprising amount of oil on the sheet pan after they're cooked, but they don't taste oily assuming you've cooked them long/hot enough to make them crisp.

The interior has the texture of seaweed salad, so sort of mushy and springy at the same time. I personally like it but I know some might not go for it. They also definitely benefit from some sort of dipping sauce (I go with soy sauce mixed with sriracha).

Chinatown posted:

After eating all the limbs the night of getting one, I cool it in the fridge overnight, then use my hands to tear the rest of the meat off and put in sealed containers.

I personally find I get a lot more meat off the rotisserie chickens by picking them clean after they've cooled down a bit from the store but are still warm/room temp, versus cold from the fridge the following day. The fat/connective tissue is still soft and malleable when they're warm so it pulls off a lot more cleanly as opposed to being hard and firm from the fridge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

I usually eat the thighs/drumsticks for lunch/dinner and shred the breast meat for tacos or whatever. Once it’s picked clean the carcass goes in the freezer until I have time to make stock.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Holy cow almost all of the groceries went up 33%.

But I guess there's this?

Fox Mulner
Feb 25, 2001

No wonder this clown died, his lungs were filled with CANDY!

FogHelmut posted:

Where the hell is this? I want one so bad.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

FogHelmut posted:

How’d you notice this?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

FogHelmut posted:

I really hope my Costco has this when I go tomorrow

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

bagmonkey posted:

I really hope my Costco has this when I go tomorrow

That's a limited time puzzle they only sell with new store openings (from what I was told)

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

nwin posted:

How’d you notice this?

Choice New York strip is selling at $14 a pound. It's normally $9. Rarely $11 or $12.

The giant bottle of honey went up to $14 from $10

Everything else is up a few dollars at least. Frozen hamburgers, frozen ground beef, bacon, frozen fish.

Fox Mulner posted:

Where the hell is this? I want one so bad.

This was in Laguna Niguel, CA on Heather Ridge. The store's been there for a very long time it's not a new store.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

DkHelmet posted:

Wait, is this an actual thing and not ironic posts? I require proof.

Lol it is absolutely not real

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

I bought the 50lb bags of rice and they're now $20.

Might die.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

DoubleT2172 posted:

That's a limited time puzzle they only sell with new store openings (from what I was told)

Whoever told you that was lying or misinformed

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
They have the puzzle at the costco near me that is abkut to close

cause they are opening a newer bigger one :toot:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Also they had stacks on stacks of paper towels and TP, no limits.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

They had that puzzle at my Costco in 500 or 1000 piece varieties

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Nooner posted:

They have the puzzle at the costco near me that is abkut to close

cause they are opening a newer bigger one :toot:

not gonna lie, i freaked out a little at the first half

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
Has anyone here ever bought a car from Costco?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

FogHelmut posted:

Everything else is up a few dollars at least. Frozen hamburgers, frozen ground beef, bacon, frozen fish.

mine has a big sign over the cheese section saying "our prices reflect the higher prices from our suppliers, our profit margin has not changed"

I guess they got some complaints from customers about it?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

mds2 posted:

Has anyone here ever bought a car from Costco?

Yes, and I think its been discussed in this thread. Generally easy process. Decent deal, but not the theoretical best deal you could get if you were an experienced car shopper.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

It's been years, but yeah I used the Costco car buying service once. It pretty much was like an invoice plus 500 dollars pricing situation, no real negotiation needed.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
My parents buy theirs through the dealer program. You pretty much tell them what kind of car you want and they shop around for a decent, if not the best deal. You could probably find what you're looking for a little bit cheaper if you do your own legwork, but the convenience is worth it for them.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Given the current market the Costco Auto Program is going to be your best bet at getting a good deal.

As I've said many times in this thread, Costco doesn't run the program, a 3rd party does, and Costco doesn't set the pricing the dealership does.

caelxii
Jun 20, 2003

I used the Auto program for my last two cars, they basically per-negotiate for you. Just saves a lot of time and I'm not the best at haggling. Last year when everyone was freaking out about cars not selling I got 10% off, a 1,000 Costco cash card, and 0% APR.

Once I was at a Ford lot test driving and they were pushing some lease thing on me hard. I told them I was going to go through the Costco Auto program and they literally showed me the door.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I priced a Honda Pilot five years ago through Costco and it was $200 under MSRP. We went to the Ford dealership the old fashioned way and got $6500 off on an Edge. YMMV. And I have no idea what the Honda price would be non-costco.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Costco auto is good for setting your brain to mush while someone else does all the shopping work for you. If that's you're usual speed, even if you think you could do the legwork and get a better deal, just use Costco. I wasted effort and time doing it myself after I tried with Costco. It wasn't worth it to save $500. I'd pay three times that to never talk to someone at a car dealership again.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I would absolutely not buy a car right now unless I absolutely had to.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
Thank you everyone. We aren’t in the market now, but will be in about a year.

I got a $1000 auto coupon today from Costco and it got me thinking.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Pennywise the Frown posted:

As someone in the automotive business, I absolutely agree from a consumer perspective

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

jisforjosh posted:

As someone in the automotive business, I absolutely agree from a consumer perspective
The business is bad enough I was offered an embarrassing amount of cash for my beloved but horrifically abused 2011 Tacoma. Things cannot possibly be good if someone is willing to buy Monica.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

fizzymercury posted:

The business is bad enough I was offered an embarrassing amount of cash for my beloved but horrifically abused 2011 Tacoma. Things cannot possibly be good if someone is willing to buy Monica.

As the owner of a 2013 Tacoma, what's an embarrassing amount?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

My car with 35k miles on it is selling right now on the used market for just over what I bought it for 2 years ago.

lol

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

charliebravo77 posted:

As the owner of a 2013 Tacoma, what's an embarrassing amount?
$12k but I have no idea if he was high or that's normal or I'm being hustled. I kept her cause she's mine and she's perfect. I didn't research if it made sense.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

That's actually low for a Tacoma.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

fizzymercury posted:

there's a 2013 tacoma in my area with 74k miles selling for $25k.

He was lowballing the poo poo out of you.

edit: just saw a 2011 with 160k+ miles for $18k.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
i picked up a box of everything bagel crusted cod from the frozen section

holy poo poo! it’s so good!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I can not overstate how valuable Toyotas are right now. The muscle car boom is back, but think the truck in Back to the Future and trailing out from there.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Well drat I'll have to tell Monica she's an expensive lady. Honestly I wouldn't sell her if I had to. Having said that, it is bananas that something as well utilized as that truck has even 12k in her. I could buy so much Dubliner cheese with that...

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

fizzymercury posted:

Well drat I'll have to tell Monica she's an expensive lady. Honestly I wouldn't sell her if I had to. Having said that, it is bananas that something as well utilized as that truck has even 12k in her. I could buy so much Dubliner cheese with that...

That you feel this way about your Taco us exactly why they are so valuable. The Toyota Tax is real. Don't sell it 'cause you won't be able to get it back without paying more than you get out of her.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

durrneez posted:

i picked up a box of everything bagel crusted cod from the frozen section

holy poo poo! it’s so good!

that sounds good, will be on the lookout for this

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

mds2 posted:

I got a $1000 auto coupon today from Costco and it got me thinking.

Whoa! Like via email? I’ve gotten those generic $50 off $500s for Costco dot com but that would be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Hed posted:

Whoa! Like via email? I’ve gotten those generic $50 off $500s for Costco dot com but that would be awesome.

Auto as in automobile. It's $1k towards a Chevrolet through the Costco auto program.