Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I'm finishing up Far Cry 3, and I'm realizing that I didn't actually get the "Deluxe Edition" content (even if it is supposedly 'lame'). I can see the Deluxe Key entry in Steam's "Manage Your DLC" list, but clicking on that just takes me to the home page of the Steam store. I definitely don't recall it popping up one of those "Your Key is: " things when I installed it a week and a half ago. Blood Dragon did, but this didn't.

I don't know how to view the Deluxe Key in the Steam "Manage your DLC" interface. Is there any way? Would Steam Support be able to help (ha!)?

EDIT 2: The Ubisoft Connect launcher does see that I have the FC 3 Soundtrack, the "Testing Unit" exclusive mission and the Special weapon "Cannon", but despite that I don't know how to access the mission and gun in-game.

EDIT: Also, where's the head of the Hollywood celebrity?

Same thing happens to me, and I definitely played the deluxe edition items before. So maybe you do have it.
Try seeing if you can find Hurk, that's one of the deluxe items.

And youtube the Hollywood celebrity head, its on a beach in the south east of the map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Cowcaster posted:

so what's the right name for a minecraft/ark/valheim/conan thing then

I just call them Builders. Open world builders. Survival builders. I use several tags, I dunno.

But yes, Survival implies: food, water, oxygen, whatever. Not gathering construction resources by itself.

Squiggle fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Sep 30, 2021

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
It bothers me that some Horror game gets the Survival tag just for trying not to die in a normal horror game.

I know the tag shouldn’t only belongs to resources management survival, but… it makes it a bit harder to find the ‘Survival’ I am looking for.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ok i'm just going to outright reject any dogma that is putting minecraft and valheim in different sacks and be comfortable and confident with my decision

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

happyhippy posted:

Same thing happens to me, and I definitely played the deluxe edition items before. So maybe you do have it.
Try seeing if you can find Hurk, that's one of the deluxe items.

And youtube the Hollywood celebrity head, its on a beach in the south east of the map.

Yeah, the key is tied to your U-play account and you have to manually look at the key in your Uplay account, then type it into the exclusive content in-game menu. Bizarre extra steps needed, but okay.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Cowcaster posted:

ok i'm just going to outright reject any dogma that is putting minecraft and valheim in different sacks and be comfortable and confident with my decision
Brave of you to write off all Skyrim-likes.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Stux posted:

ark and conan and minecraft all have resources u need to manage to not die. valheim is more like uhhh probably closest to terraria honestly lol
yea i kind of figured valheim was in the terraria/DQ builders vein from what i've seen

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I just bought Records of Lodoss war: Deedlit in wonder labyrinth (what a title!) from a steam sale. Saw this run at last SGDQ but skipped most of the run because I immediately thought I want to play it myself and to avoid spoilers. Took a while! But as an avid Metroidvania fan it looked like just my thing.

Incidentally, lately I've been going through the games in the Castlevania: Advance collection, and Deedlit might have to wait until I finish with Aria of Sorrow, but at least there's some interesting stuff in the backlog (still need to play Harmony of Dissonance too)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

a whole bunch of games added to Gamepass just now and in the last 24 hours:

Scarlet Nexus - Bamco's attempt at an AA cyberpunk ARPG. Yes it is anime.
Unsighted - A top-down action game sitting somewhere inbetween CrossCode and Hyper Light Drifter
Astria Ascending - A Vanillaware-looking sidescrolling JRPG by... the Super Neptunia RPG studio........ RPS was not kind to this game
AI the Somnium Files - Uchikoshi's best VN since 999. NOTE: Protag is very horny.
Mighty Goose - Metal Slug but with a goose
Dandy Ace - As someone put it on discord, "Great Value brand Hades"
Marvel's Avengers - play it for the campaign only

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Sep 30, 2021

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Unsighted looks great but it looks like the exe posted is bugged and wont load past 90% at the start screen.

Also, didn't see it posted but Back for Blood and Riftbreaker are coming to gamepass for free too

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Only about an hour into the Outer Wilds expansion and it's already insanely cool, god drat.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

zedprime posted:

Brave of you to write off all Skyrim-likes.

if i'm writing off skyrim-likes by doing that it just seems like a major bonus

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I’m excited for the demo fest tomorrow.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

explosivo posted:

Oh hey Riftbreaker showed up in the Coming Soon section of gamepass today so that's cool if you have that and want to play riftbreaker when it comes out

The demo is amazing, I highly recommend it. It looked...ok from the videos but totally hooked me once I played it. Day 1 for sure, which I almost never do.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Deakul posted:

I'm kind of surprised that Hot Wheels Unleashed isn't in any sort of hot water over its... disgusting DLC/Season Pass roadmap.

https://hotwheelsunleashed.com/dlc

:capitalism:

I like to think it's because a chunk of the target demographic is used to spending money in terrible ways, like honest to god Hot Wheels loot boxes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL2jKTaRzsE

100 bucks a pop. Season Pass is a bargain!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Sab669 posted:

Is there a Chronicon thread? I picked it up after reading about it ITT the other day. Having a lot of fun with it so far. My Plague guy is loving poo poo uppppppp.

The fandom wikia site seems quite bare bones though so it's hard to look stuff up. What does the Reach stat do?

Melee range isn't it? I have not looked into it though. Just assumed.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I picked up Unsighted on game pass and it won't even open. The first load screen gets stuck on 90% and refuses to progress further.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
all these "survival" games and i'm constantly dying :thunkher:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-09-30-efootball-is-clearly-not-ready-for-its-bizarre-launch

Konami have massively hosed up what was once my favourite football game franchise...it's currently the lowest rated 'game' on steam hahaha https://store.steampowered.com/app/1665460/eFootball_2022/

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Sab669 posted:

Is there a Chronicon thread? I picked it up after reading about it ITT the other day. Having a lot of fun with it so far. My Plague guy is loving poo poo uppppppp.

The fandom wikia site seems quite bare bones though so it's hard to look stuff up. What does the Reach stat do?
You can find that information in-game under the Help Index - Reach increases the range of skills, the distance they will travel, and the radius of any areas of effect.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Chas McGill posted:

Konami have massively hosed up what was once a game franchise

Yep

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Wow you don't often see Overwhelmingly Negative.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Chas McGill posted:

Konami massiv gently caress

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
I hope this teaches other non-gaming companies that they can't just enter the video game market and hope to do well.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

pentyne posted:

A lot of new things, but some balance issues, like primalist bloodrager is objectively superior in all ways to barbarian, and some truly trap choices this time, like Assassin (worse then useless) and Nine Tailed Heir (gives up a ton of benefits for a kitsune gimmick build).

They really just put Naruto in there?

exquisite tea posted:

Paradox had 2 recently (Imperator Rome and EU4 Leviathan) :laugh:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

drat, only 9% positive, that's the worst I've ever seen by far

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it's weird that these annual iterative titles seem to be falling apart lately, you'd think about 90% of the job would just be copying and pasting. wasn't there a wrestling game a year or so ago that just was an absolutely complete shitshow?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

I picked up Unsighted on game pass and it won't even open. The first load screen gets stuck on 90% and refuses to progress further.

You need to find a window to authorise your micrososft account

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

it's weird that these annual iterative titles seem to be falling apart lately, you'd think about 90% of the job would just be copying and pasting. wasn't there a wrestling game a year or so ago that just was an absolutely complete shitshow?

Someone with a 7 figure salary had an idea and the 400 people who's jobs depend on the game selling well were forced to make that idea.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

A video game that has a new release with minor updates every year should evolve, logically, into a technically flawless, almost bug-free game that's on the modern edge of technology, with crowd-pleasing gameplay.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

It took me months to admit that I wasn't going to boot it back up and play more, but...

Dragon Age 2, I'm sorry. I'm throwing in the towel. You aggressively want to be an HBO Miniseries and I aggressively do not want that. This sucks for both of us. I'm uninstalling you and installing DAI instead, in the hopes that a massive open world MMO thing will be more my style instead of your grimdark tightly focused sad family drama thing.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

StrixNebulosa posted:

It took me months to admit that I wasn't going to boot it back up and play more, but...

Dragon Age 2, I'm sorry. I'm throwing in the towel. You aggressively want to be an HBO Miniseries and I aggressively do not want that. This sucks for both of us. I'm uninstalling you and installing DAI instead, in the hopes that a massive open world MMO thing will be more my style instead of your grimdark tightly focused sad family drama thing.
But there's not a hot romanceable pirate babe in DA3 soooooo......

DA2 > DA1> DA3

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The problem with copy and pasting 90% of the content is that people will criticise the game for not changing enough and it'll review badly. If you want to copy and paste content you're better off doing GaaS than annual releases.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

No Jerusalem, you have to finish playing World before you get Rise. Bad Jerusalem.

:shepspends:

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

The WWE 2k series was already one of the worst annualized sports franchises for a number of reasons, but last year the company that had developed the games since 1999 decided they'd had enough of the annualized bullshit and quit in mid-development and the attempt to pick up the pieces resulted in what was basically a non-functional shitshow, yes. But the problem is, even if you fixed all the bugs, it would still be kind of a bad game.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

but of course, it was a wrestling game :smug: :smaug: :pranke: :smugdog: :smerg:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

No Jerusalem, you have to finish playing World before you get Rise. Bad Jerusalem.

:shepspends:

Rise is so much better and accessible. I've never done this before, but I am considering double dipping because it's an absolute blast. Also because I am an idiot.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah rise really is good and I’m gonna double dip for sure.

Dat wire bug man.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Speaking of wrestling games, could someone who enjoys wrestling games explain to me why Fire Pro Wrestling is awesome? I regularly heard it referred to as best-in-breed when third-person slobberknocker simulators were concerned, so I tried Fire Pro Wrestling Returns for maybe three minutes, and as someone who knows nothing about pro wrestling it was an astonishingly miserable experience on all fronts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Stormgale posted:

You need to find a window to authorise your micrososft account

I see the Xbox Identity Provider in task manager but I seriously cannot find a window to authorize the game