Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Yeah I really only see the argument for maybe one more season after this which would focus on Archer and co adapting to life without her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Wow, Mallory's last line on this episode was amazing.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Wait did this mission actually end with the gang succeeding and scoring a cool mill? Did I miss something?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Nope, you're correct

So far this has been a pretty good start to the season. I honestly don't know how the show is going to continue past this season without Jessica Walter though.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
DR. GOD

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Any episode where Archer gets to fawn over a cute animal is a good one :3:

I liked very new character that was introduced this episode, and the returning UN lady, I hope we get to see them again (although maybe it's best that the poor intern goes to work for someone less insane).

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
I liked the sign for "phrasing."

This season has been pretty good so far.

Did anyone else think that it would be Mitsuko Miyazumi who disabled Cerebrus?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

tarlibone posted:

I liked the sign for "phrasing."

This season has been pretty good so far.

Did anyone else think that it would be Mitsuko Miyazumi who disabled Cerebrus?

Absolutely I did.

The intern got lucky; she's too good for them.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
This episode was amazing. The reason for the monster truck exploding got a big laugh from me.

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Sep 16, 2021

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

PAMPAGE!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Fun Shoe
I appreciated that Archer had to confront the fact that his... erhm, coming back from sabbatical... had immediate direct and indirect negative impacts on pretty much everybody on the team, particularly Cyril. I was wondering if they'd bother to bring that up.

Wait, did I say Cyril?

I meant Murderfoot.

And I thought they were saying "lube" an awful lot, apparently in reference to drugs maybe? Why did they keep saying "lube" instead of drugs? I thought it was drugs that the wall thingee dispensed. What was I missing there?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

tarlibone posted:

And I thought they were saying "lube" an awful lot, apparently in reference to drugs maybe? Why did they keep saying "lube" instead of drugs? I thought it was drugs that the wall thingee dispensed. What was I missing there?

They were talking about sex lube.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Big guest stars in this episode, bruce campbell and karen fukuhara. I like the gag at the end.

Nope, she's real dead

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Was this the show where they meet some characters and it's a couple where one was a flight steward and the other was an air marshall?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Fun Shoe
Krieger, get this off!
Good thought, but I don't think we have time for that...
REMOVE IT FROM MY FACE!!
Oh, gotcha. Yeah, you just poke it right here.

Just such a silly exchange.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
This has been a well above average season and I have no clue how or even if they should continue without Jessica :(

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

This has been a well above average season and I have no clue how or even if they should continue without Jessica :(
I feel like it’s probably best just to end the show

Are we going to get some follow up to the end of last season where Archer was seeing things? We’re well into this season and it hasn’t come up.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Milo and POTUS posted:

At most one season or a TV movie about Archer and gang coming to terms without her. That has potential if done right.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Gotta say I didn't see this season being better than Rick and Morty's season but here we are

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
https://deadline.com/2021/09/archer-renewed-for-season-13-at-fxx-1234846188/

Guess we'll find out what a season without Mallory is like.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Eh I dunno, shoulda done a made for TV movie to wrap it up.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I really feel like this is a mistake.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

ShakeZula posted:

I really feel like this is a mistake.
Yeah I agree

There’s a big difference in writing out a character like Woodhouse and arguably the secondary lead character

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It must be a strictly commercial thing, that they are just keeping the staff employed and getting them steady pay checks.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

I mean surely Adam Reed could just tell FX "It wouldn't feel right to keep the show going without Jessica, let's see if we can figure out a new project." Is there anyone watching Archer who wouldn't at least give a new animated Adam Reed FX comedy a chance?

On a certain level I trust the people involved, but it's not like the post-Murphy Sealab episodes are ancient history either, so this feels like unfortunately familiar territory.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

This season has been good, but it's going to be hard to do another season without Mallory

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Fun Shoe
A Warlock, a Stratocaster, a Telecaster, a Jazz Bass.

The hot alien babe with Predatormouth from Archer: 1999.

Jethro Krull.

A glaive with flutes for blades.

A holographic love interest, maybe.

Colt.

tarlibone fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Sep 30, 2021

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

ShakeZula posted:

I mean surely Adam Reed could just tell FX "It wouldn't feel right to keep the show going without Jessica, let's see if we can figure out a new project." Is there anyone watching Archer who wouldn't at least give a new animated Adam Reed FX comedy a chance?

On a certain level I trust the people involved, but it's not like the post-Murphy Sealab episodes are ancient history either, so this feels like unfortunately familiar territory.

I agree, but also their contract might have a renewal clause that allows FXX to keep optioning seasons without his input.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Reed is also less actively contributing to the show.

He's passed it off to new people to run it for the most part since last season.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I'm so glad Ray is back

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

ShakeZula posted:

If the coma seasons had been better received they might have done that.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

FlamingLiberal posted:

There’s a big difference in writing out a character like Woodhouse and arguably the secondary lead character
I'd say Woodhouse was at least as central as Mallory. I don't think there's even one absolutely essential character in the entire show, and that includes Archer himself; they could do a time skip and have one of his kids take over the central role.

ShakeZula posted:

Is there anyone watching Archer who wouldn't at least give a new animated Adam Reed FX comedy a chance?
Yes? Obviously? I doubt most people who watch the show even know who Adam Reed is. I only know from seeing his name here in context. There are very few people who can drum up interest through name recognition alone.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Tiggum posted:

I'd say Woodhouse was at least as central as Mallory. I don't think there's even one absolutely essential character in the entire show, and that includes Archer himself; they could do a time skip and have one of his kids take over the central role.

Yes? Obviously? I doubt most people who watch the show even know who Adam Reed is. I only know from seeing his name here in context. There are very few people who can drum up interest through name recognition alone.

Is the show really worth watching without Jon H Benjamin though? It could have been if Jessica Walter was still alive but current cast would be really hard to pull off. Okay I'd watch Pam beat the poo poo out of people.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

pixaal posted:

Is the show really worth watching without Jon H Benjamin though?

Depends on who replaces him as the central character and how good the writing is. :shrug:

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
Long term, I might agree, but it might be interesting to see how Archer responds in the short term to losing, basically, the only person he really cares about.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Small White Dragon posted:

Long term, I might agree, but it might be interesting to see how Archer responds in the short term to losing, basically, the only person he really cares about.

This is what I'm interested in but making a whole season out of that is gonna be tough.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Tiggum posted:

Well I guess I'm assuming the advertising wouldn't lean on his specific name as much as "From the creator of Archer," etc. Just like how Archer was "the new show from the guy who made Sealab."

And I'd strongly disagree about Woodhouse being as central as Mallory. He was a funny target for Archer's terrible behavior in the early seasons, and they did a solid job of memorializing him with Dreamland, but you could have lifted him out of the show completely and very few of the characters would have been affected in the slightest. Mallory, on the other hand, is directly involved with everyone on a plot and character level.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Obviously a new show should be about Krieger being his best self.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Horace Kinch posted:

Obviously a new show should be about Krieger being his best self.

He’ll finally learn and master YYZ in tribute to Neil Peart :canada:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Turn in next year to the series premier of RAY