Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I also noticed that if you want to just rent a car to do a bunch of hauling, it's like 60-80 bucks minimum. also if they decide you didn't clean it enough after they can charge you hundreds of dollars. i mean you can get a car lease for like 200/month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

mastershakeman posted:

streetcars are pathetic and all trains should operate either subterranean or elevated so no at grade crossings are possible

yeah we wouldn’t want our precious cars to be inconvenienced by having to stop for a tram now would we

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

yard salad posted:

god I loving hate Costco. the weird mix of barebones warehouse and Apple / jewelry store makes it this strange collision of Puritan frugality and consumer excess.

i have a family and i dont really like it lol, its not that hard to just pick up smaller amounts of dry goods as you go through the grocery store... ime no need to buy 100 rolls of toilet paper all at the same time. then again the closest costco to me is like five miles which is incredibly too far for me to want to drive just for goddamn groceries and house supplies, and also my house is small and so storage space is limited.

supposedly we are getting a little corner store that will sell sandwiches and some fresh and canned food in my neighborhood this fall, if that is true... no more driving to the grocery store! its walkin time baby!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Sphyre posted:

yeah we wouldn’t want our precious cars to be inconvenienced by having to stop for a tram now would we

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
https://twitter.com/IDoTheThinking/status/1443636143707222019?s=19

:qq: but there's not enough parking :qq:

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Honestly, the prices nowadays at Costco aren’t worth it when you factor in the membership fees unless you really want to go nuts. There is only so much soap and toilet paper you are going to buy a year.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

hell yeah

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Ardennes posted:

Honestly, the prices nowadays at Costco aren’t worth it when you factor in the membership fees unless you really want to go nuts. There is only so much soap and toilet paper you are going to buy a year.

The real trick is to have friends or family with memberships so you can stock up on nonperishables

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Ardennes posted:

yeah but one fifty dog + drink

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I want to be Squamish now

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
i hate every car i see
from escalade
to mazda 3

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

christmas boots posted:

i hate every car i see
from escalade
to mazda 3

Oh my god, I was wrong
It was roads all along

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Sphyre posted:

nothing as fun as trains being unable to move because theres wrecks on the tracks to clear

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Sphyre posted:

brain so broken by car culture that you think cars are the only thing moving around on the surface

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

mastershakeman posted:

nothing as fun as trains being unable to move because theres wrecks on the tracks to clear

well would you look at that it turns out that the problem is cars. and as always when the problem is cars the solution is to get rid of them

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

brain so broken by car culture that you think cars are the only thing moving around on the surface

yeah trains are definitely as menacing to pedestrians as cars are 🤪 and they also use as much space 🤪

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

who cares how much space they use or how dangerous they are, they’re still better buried or lifted. no need for designated street areas at all really

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/grescoe/status/1443638526482989062?s=20

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

If you're calling it Méduse you'd better be turning cars to stone.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Ok ive decided im good with more police surveillance now

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

:yeah:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Ardennes posted:

they have certianly been pushing smaller-quantity organic keto paleo marked up poo poo big time and other high-end poo poo. it's still worth it to split a membership (or mooch off one), especially if you have a family of 3+. like you still save a lot/get much better quality than buying rolls of TP/PT/Soap/Cheese/Flour/Sugar/Bags of Rice/Pallet of Coconut Milk-tomato paste-sauce-etc at target/grocers.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Blockade posted:

My Alderman, who I have decided is cool and good for a politician, has been waging a war on cars and has removed lanes from a number of roads. Motorists are mad but I am a fan

Doesnt go nearly far enough oc

it's pathetic that the bottom pic isn't the absolute minimum standard for every street in america

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Polo-Rican posted:

it's pathetic, that the bottom pic isn't the absolute minimum standard for every street in america

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Polo-Rican posted:

it's pathetic that the bottom pic isn't the absolute minimum standard for every street in america

excuse me, but professional engineers have determined that this road must be a 50 km/h throughfare for vehicular traffic only, and must maximize traffic flow as much as possible

the entire point of building a city is to accommodate the automobile, not make a livable community for human beings

if you disagree with this, i will personally petition council to rezone your property into a surface parking lot while i furiously masturbate to pictures of urban renewal and tract housing exurbs

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Sphyre posted:

its more that the idiot drivers wouldnt stop for the tram.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

congrats to the Squamish on becoming landlords

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Ardennes posted:

my boomer dad uses them for glasses prescriptions and apparently its a huge discount

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Ardennes posted:

it's $5/month

Costco beats the poo poo out of all my supermarkets, that's for sure. I don't buy prepared foods so idk how they compare but for staple ingredients and produce it's always less expensive per unit

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

actionjackson posted:

I also noticed that if you want to just rent a car to do a bunch of hauling, it's like 60-80 bucks minimum. also if they decide you didn't clean it enough after they can charge you hundreds of dollars. i mean you can get a car lease for like 200/month

you can rent the pickups at home Depot/Lowe's for $20 for 75 minutes, that's usually all I need if I plan correctly

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

actionjackson posted:

congrats to the Squamish on becoming landlords

wow, units offered at market rate. transgressive

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

God Hole posted:

wow, units offered at market rate. transgressive

they should be owned by the people living there, hth

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

I have four and can agree they are one of the worst things for the world.
. . .
I own eight bicycles though

this sounds like a problem. do you collect other things in greater number than you need?

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

e: i'm an idiot

God Hole has issued a correction as of 06:23 on Oct 20, 2021

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

not a bad idea, can we affix this contraption to one of those phalanx systems they have on aircraft carriers to shoot down missiles though?

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

"a massacre of parking" is good collective noun

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

indigi posted:

who cares how much space they use or how dangerous they are, they’re still better buried or lifted. no need for designated street areas at all really
unlike cars there's not a constant flow of trains and designated crossings with guards are fine

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

all parking should be massacred

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
free parking was the most expensive space of them all, in the end...

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

christmas boots posted:

i hate every car i see
from escalade
to mazda 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Harik posted:

unlike cars there's not a constant flow of trains and designated crossings with guards are fine

why though? just bury them. then you can use the area all the infrastructure would take up to do anything else