Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I believe Kuule hain nussivan was skipped an hour ago. So, the Toronto Maple Leafs will select a 1B goalie whose name sounds kind of local, Antti Raanta (Rauma, Finland is a very distant suburb in the GTA). Raanta is one of the best goalies in the NHL when he's healthy, which is approximately never, but what are the odds that both he and Jack Campbell would be injured at the same time? Also, this continues the long tradition of Leafs-Canes player (especially goalie) swaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Okay, Kuule hain nussivan is skipped, FBS is on the clock until 7:52 ET.

Then:

Drunk Canuck
glynnenstein
me
Arabian Jesus
Yaya

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Winnipeg is acquiring a nice young Minnesota boy who's had a full (well, full by pandemic standards) season under his belt: Mikey Anderson

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

The Washington Capitals select Ryan Hartman.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

The Blues are going to hope from an offensive rebound from Adam Henrique. Even if 21 points in 43 games is his new production in the future, he can still be a solid two way 3rd line center.

Gabe Landeskog-Alex Barkov-Nino Niederreiter
Alex Lafreniere-Jordan Staal-Eeli Tolvanen
Jordan Greenway-Adam Henrique-?

Mattias Ekholm-Ryan Ellis
Gustav Forsling-Jared Spurgeon

Jake Oettinger
Alexandar Georgiev

Arabian Jesus is up.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

I lately arrive to select C SAM STEEL

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Gotta pick up some of those bottom sixers who can do stuff. Oilers pick Dillon Dube!

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I was thinking about Henrique next, good pick this late. He's still a solid player.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Oh right the draft. That's still happening.

Can't update the sheet but I'll grab Zach Parise who most certainly wasn't worth the millions of dollars he was making in Minnesota but should be more worth the price tag at *checks notes* we literally don't know. His cap hit is unknown. Lou why the gently caress are you like this

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
The Carolina Hurricanes are continuing to focus on intangibles. Grit, drive, big checks, and being a bunch of jerks.

Very few centers in The league still available show these abilities. And while you can teach a new position, you cannot teach the intangibles.

The Hurricanes also want to shore up our 4th line , and there is no better way to do that than pick the best 4th liner in the league. A player with true grit.

Carolina selects:

Cal Clutterbuck.

Wilson —- Kadri —— Marchand
E Kane — M Domi —- Kreider
Perry —- ??? —— Simmonds
Rinaldo —- Clutterbuck —— Maroon

Gudas —- Brendan Smith

Binnington

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I can't believe Parise's contract is still unknown. I hope it's something wildly bad.

Technetium is up until 4:47 EST, then VOTE1

Arabian Jesus has one to make up.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

We'll take G Laurent Brossoit

I'll update the spreadsheet tonight!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I can't believe Parise's contract is still unknown. I hope it's something wildly bad.

Technetium is up until 4:47 EST, then VOTE1

Arabian Jesus has one to make up.

I think Tech, VOTE1 and lazerwofl have all been passed and Im up right?

e: nope still 30 minutes for lazerwofl. I am not good with time.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

The Nashville Predators are proud to select Marcus Pettersson and hope his offense rebounds this year! Welcome Marcus!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

OK I think its safe. I actually had a lot more choices for this one than I thought I would and had to spend some actual time narrowing down the pool a bit. I had one player in mind but Im going to leave him on the table for Team Jerks and instead go the fancy stats way to start filling in my bottom 6.

So welcome aboard Nick Bugstat. Bjugstad? Whatever.

https://twitter.com/jfreshhockey/status/1412160081525936128?lang=en

mentholmoose and The Flyera are up.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Flyers are going to take a center and move Lundell to left wing.

Dylan Strome, come on down.

Max Pacioretty-Leon Draisaitl-Patric Hornqvist
Tomas Tatar-Yanni Gourde-Joel Farabee
Anton Lundell-Dylan Strome-?

Thomas Chabot-Matt Dumba
Travis Sanheim-Dante Fabbro
Cam York-?

Juuse Saros

MononcQC is up.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

The Chicago Blackhawks are now a well oiled machine. However, we've added a ton of players with a lot of dietary restrictions, and Phil Kessel and Phil Danault are starting to feel too much pressure and need more ammo to be able to counter our endless army of good eaters, vegans, and diabetics.

To throw a spanner in the works, we're glad to welcome aboard ANTOINE ROUSSEL, directly from France, who is now co-owner of a Cabane ΰ Sucre (Sugar Shack) in Saguenay, Qc. We hope this will have a positive effect on our team dynamics and their blood sugar levels.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

The Detroit Redwings will select Cody Glass

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Dallas Stars select G Pavel Francouz.

Francouz was very strong in his first 30 odd games of NHL action, posting a .923 save percentage in backup duties for the Avalanche. He's also one of those guys that has always had excellent numbers year in / year out in the pro leagues he played in before coming over to NA. He hasn't played at all in 18 months now recovering from an injury, but we'll bet on someone who has shown excellent performance historically rather than picking a guy who is much more inconsistent and hoping that he turns in a good year.

Buchnevich - Cirelli - Gallagher
Bunting - Terry - Radulov
xxxx - Bonino - Kase

Dumoulin - Makar
Pelech - Pulock

Mrazek
Francouz

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Oct 1, 2021

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I think Iodised QQ's time is up so I'm gonna hop in.
Alexander Carrier is 24, cheap, and appears poised to be a top-4 d-man for the Preds this season. I know nothing about him except that he played a lot of minutes in limited games last season and didn't completely dick that time up so good enough for 3rd pairing.

Vladimir Tkachev is a pick for potential. Can he translate his KHL success on to the offense starved kings (and on my team, I suppose fill in for the Tyler Bertuzzi shaped hole on my top-line LW)? Let's find out together.

e:
I'd watch this team

Bertuzzi - Matthews - Konecny
Tkachev - Hischier - Gurianov
Jost - Thomas - Compher

Provorov - Ekblad
Grzelcyk - Andersson
X - Carrier

Merzlikins

Good Soldier Svejk fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Oct 1, 2021

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

At this point I need to actually watch my cap, so since I still need a few NHL bodies I'll go with a semi-young, semi-cheap 3rd line option who has at least shown an ability to do something positive in the NHL with Zach Sanford

https://twitter.com/JFreshHockey/status/1441837165013389326?s=20

For my second pick I'll go with a prospect who seems to have a very good chance at playing full time this year, or at a minimum get a good amount of reps. At the risk of falling in to the Rangers fans overhyping their own prospects machine, let's go with Nils Lundkvist

So that puts us at:

Connor - McDavid - Tarasenko
Verhaeghe - Backstrom - Palmieri
Sanford - Reinhart - Fast

Slavin - Larsson
Giordano - Lundkvist

Talbot
Swayman

Iodised QQ fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Oct 1, 2021

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Alright Starsfan is technically skipped as of now.

MononcQC is up until about 5:23 ET.

Then:

me
Furnaceface
The vanished lazerwolf
VOTE1
Technetium
Duckman2008

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Lazerwolf needs cheap scoring potential and someone who can sub in for his very old centers, so if there are no objections I'd like to give him (plucking from own shortlist, argh)
Philipp Kurashev
which would give him:

Kurashev - Kuznetsov - Kucherov
Killorn - JT Miller - Voracek
X - Carter - Brown

Chychrun - Burns
Keith - Jones

Vanacek
Halak

Lotta K's on this team. Probably the most per player

Good Soldier Svejk fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Oct 1, 2021

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Works for me.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

So there's one thing, we the Chicago Blackhawks can need, and it's the ability to both compete internally and externally, and to do that best, we need to be able to think both in and out of the [penalty] box. We've got talent, we've got strife, we've got strong spirits. What we need is people who can play both inside and outside of the game, who can go past the simple dimension of hockey-as-defined, particularly as defined by the rulebook. We need someone who can make people mad, make them lose their temper both inside and outside the team.

Now you could say we've got some of that in Antoine Roussel's dirty play, but we think we can do better by getting a player with a bigger reputation, more experience (and a bit of a costlier contract) to really up the ante for our team. Hell, he's ready to sucker punch a ref and we think this is the sort of thinking we can make use of.

Welcome to the Chicago Blackhawks MILAN LUCIC!

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Flyers are going to take a backup goalie, Anton Khudobin.

Max Pacioretty-Leon Draisaitl-Patric Hornqvist
Tomas Tatar-Yanni Gourde-Joel Farabee
Anton Lundell-Dylan Strome-?

Thomas Chabot-Matt Dumba
Travis Sanheim-Dante Fabbro
Cam York-?

Juuse Saros
Anton Khudobin

Furnaceface is up until 6:25 ET.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Remember how I bragged about having so many choices for the last pick that I had to spend time going through it?

Yeah totally opposite problem this time. 2 choices, both suck, so I will mimic the real life Canucks and take OEL because it just feel right.

back to lazerwolf.

e: I assume cap hit is total combined for players being paid by multiple teams right?

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Oct 1, 2021

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Sorry, busy afternoon at work :)

My next pick will be a promising youngster from the (2 time) reigning Stanley Cup champions, C Alex Barre-Boulet

He's put up promising possessing driving numbers in a short stint as a 2nd/3rd line forward when the lightning needed injury coverage, his scoring numbers in juniors and the AHL suggest he might be an addition on a scoring line in the NHL sooner rather than later.

Also, why wasn't this guy drafted? did he do something horrible as a teen? the guy put up 51 points in 68 games in his age 17 season in the QMJHL, and then proceeded to notch 89 points in 65 games during his draft eligible year.. which seems like a player that usually gets drafted

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

He's a bit small. Possible he was really undersized and had a late growth spurt or something

Yzerman (or his staff) has a really good eye for those undersized but incredibly talented forwards and I suspect once the cupboard his tenure stocked starts to dry up we'll start to see detroit suddenly having these undersized guys cropping up from seemingly nowhere

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

The Detroit Redwings will continue to build on our press box, and having been shocked to have just lost the most expensive defender left, will instead focus on our 14th forward, Jeff Skinner.

9 million till 2027.. that’s a thing..

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Speaking of Yzerman, I'm just gonna hop in for lazerwolf again and select another cheap center/winger that is good enough for Tampa's third line, Ross Colton

And if no one has any objections I'll happily just sub in form him at this point, unless he comes back at some point.
I like the simultaneous experience of drafting my own team with my own vision while also trying to fill in the holes of something cobbled together

Unless someone else wants it in which case I'd be down to hand it off at any point
I like a rotating cast of guest GMs, too

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Speaking of Yzerman, I'm just gonna hop in for lazerwolf again and select another cheap center/winger that is good enough for Tampa's third line, Ross Colton

And if no one has any objections I'll happily just sub in form him at this point, unless he comes back at some point.
I like the simultaneous experience of drafting my own team with my own vision while also trying to fill in the holes of something cobbled together

Unless someone else wants it in which case I'd be down to hand it off at any point
I like a rotating cast of guest GMs, too

I'm gonna say yes on both of these for now.

Duckman2008 is up until the morning technically.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

The Nashville Predators are proud to select Eric Robinson! Welcome Eric!

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

go for it svejk

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Carolina has been striving to live up to its name as a bunch of jerks.

The issue being , a lot of times it takes time to establish oneself as a jerk. All of our players are older. For grit, experience, and being a complete rear end in a top hat, this is great.

But we must also look to the future. And thankfully, Carolina got a PM with a hot tip of a future young jerk who fits the theme perfectly.

Therefore, to complete our forwards , Carolina selects:

Logan Mailloux

Man does he look like a schmuck. But truly the foundation of a future , complete, jerk.

Wilson —- Kadri —— Marchand
Perry — M Domi —- Kreider
Maroon —- Mailloux —— Simmonds
Rinaldo —- E Kane —— Clutterbuck

Gudas —- Brendan Smith

Binnington

Note: in terms of having multiple players who have forced women to do things against their will (a side controversy I legit don’t like of course), Carolina is at least applying said same dynamics to our lineup, and forcing Evander Kane to play 4th line center against his wishes. gently caress that dude for the record.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Are you also forcing Mailloux to play center when he's a defenseman?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

eXXon posted:

Are you also forcing Mailloux to play center when he's a defenseman?

Lol oh poo poo, I didn’t even check his position , I assumed he was a forward for whatever reason. I’ll re adjust , I need defensemen anyway

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Duckman2008 posted:

Lol oh poo poo, I didn’t even check his position , I assumed he was a forward for whatever reason. I’ll re adjust , I need defensemen anyway

Forcing him to play center would be a pretty jerk move though.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

Forcing him to play center would be a pretty jerk move though.

This is true , and I’m going to really debate this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Yaya has mentioned he is taking Jaroslav Halak.

Arabian Jesus is up for about another hour, until 2 ET.