Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Do you remember Jonathan "Fatal1ty" Wendel and the entire line of video game peripherals that Razer made sporting his likeness?

Well it got worse. Not content with already being the world's most embarrassing company on Earth, Razer set out to top themselves (bottom themselves?)

First there's Project Brooklyn. An elite gaming chair with a wrap-around retractable screen. Now you can own noobs without even leaving your highchair while mommy brings you some cereal.

But that's not even the dumb stuff this thread is about. Are you ready for this? No, you're not, and you never will be. But buckle up bucko because you're getting it anyway.

Meet Project Hazel.
https://www.razer.com/concepts/razer-project-hazel

THE WORLD’S SMARTEST MASK
This RGB-infused n95 mask has a host of sick-rear end features, such as voice amplification and an Instagram Snapchat Filter that lets you take a video of yourself with a CGI Project Hazel mask on your face. :hellyeah:

GAMER THIMBLES
https://www.razer.com/gear-accessories/razer-gaming-finger-sleeve

I don't even want to say anything about gamer thimbles.

What do you think about this??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
:negative: i am at a loss for words

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
All I need to know about Razer I learned from this thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3459842&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Lmao at that mask

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Wait razer like the scooter company?

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Gaming community stole our genius posting gloves patent this is an outrage

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
It just kept getting cringier the more I scrolled down.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The chair is a bit dumb, but the wrap around monitor would be cool for flying and space sims.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
razer peripheral sucked me off???

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Chinatown posted:

razer peripheral sucked me off???

Huh???

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
You didn't even show the gamer gum they released.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Jose Oquendo posted:

You didn't even show the gamer gum they released.

This started as a Powdered Drink Mix that gives you unparalleled GAMER NRG.
https://www.respawnbyrazer.com/

The gum is a spin-off product and according to their ads chewing the stuff makes dust fly out of your eyes so you can see your enemies better

DESIGNED FOR GAMERS. BY GAMERS.
Giving you an added boost to stay sharp and focused when gaming.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

A scientist in the lab working feverishly on new inventions and discoveries to increase their own GAMER ENERGY

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

the RESPAWN DRINK MIX BY RAZER website features seven glam photos of professional gamers at the bottom of the site with no context given.

Is this the genius scientists who invented RESPAWN BY RAZER, or the entire RESPAWN BY RAZER customer database??

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Oct 1, 2021

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
a man dips his fingers in fetid rear end sweat and smears a line of it on my forehead.

"RAZOR" he murmurs

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Where is Kirk when the world needs him in its darkest hour?

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

deep dish peat moss posted:

the RESPAWN DRINK MIX BY RAZER website features seven glam photos of professional gamers at the bottom of the site with no context given.

Is this the genius scientists who invented RESPAWN BY RAZER, or the entire RESPAWN BY RAZER customer database??

Those guys definitely look like guys who got good at games because they spent all their free time playing games due to being too hosed up to have a social life.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Yaldabaoth posted:

Those guys definitely look like guys who got good at games because they spent all their free time playing games due to being too hosed up to have a social life.

my monitor has turned against me.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

lotta fuggin casuals itt

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

I love that the old joke of sticking an RBG light on something and upcharging for it now being gamerfied is as true as ever.

Rub it in their face. Gamer lube and condoms. Gamer pregnancy tests. Gamer family that cares. All things they'll never know what to do with them.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I use all these products at once to play roblox

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

This is what peak performance looks like

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

The cabinet spills open dusting the counter with a fine neon green powder coat. I look over my shoulder and see the loading bar is hovering around 50%.

"poo poo! I don't have time for this!"

My Razr watch chimes, alerting me that my heart rate and blood pressure are dangerously high. The 802.11x enabled device recommends I "Drink a Monster Cooldown Extrm to keep my trigger finger steady!" Not to be delayed further, I use the sleeve of my ROG STRIX WI-FI hoodie to push the majority of the dust onto the ground. If I can't have the GamerFuel powder from the bottom of the Twitchios, then surely my iRobot: Rick and Morty Shwifty Sweeper Edition will enjoy the treat.

Frantically, I throw open the rest of the cabinets in search of a bowl only to find all of them dirty, radiating a nuclear hue, in the sink. After a quick rinse and shake, I pour some cereal and Pepsi into what still smells like a bedpan. My sense of smell completely deadened by the festering poop socks and black mold growing from what will surely be a condemned property, I pay no attention to my rancid treat and quickly shovel it into my mouth with an old 2GB stick of DDR2 RAM.

While using my last two, uncracked molars to chew a meal that tasted like a gummy bear found between couch cushions, I peer over the top of my Gunnars to see the load bar approaching critical mass. Startled, I drop the bowl onto the ground, shattering it into a million little pieces. Cockroaches appear from beneath the sink to smuggle the remaining bits of food left stuck to what was once probably the cleanest surface in the house. Two of the bugs stay back, boldly feasting in front of me. The remaining duo suddenly start running in erratic patterns for a few seconds before stopping completely. I pay this no mind as I hop over the mess giving a little "Wahoo!" like Mario.

"God, I'm so random!"

I get back back to my desk in time to give my best Apex Legends performance to date: a 0.2 KD and only 3 racial slurs shouted over the mic.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I've been saying for a while that the covid mask situation is a massive marketing opportunity as it basically has introduced a new article of clothing that everyone is expected to wear, and nerds already thought gas masks look cool so why not lean into it

Didn't expect Razr to be the ones to pick up on it, but here we are I guess

The transparent plastic over the mouth is probably there primarily to make it look cool and show off the lighting, but as a bonus it would allow people with bad/no hearing to lip read, which is a common complaint I hear about the standard masks :shrug:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

genuine lmao

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Razer’s peripherals won’t even work unless you install their always on spyware as well.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
I clicked to reply to this thread using a Razer mouse and now I'm self-conscious about this

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Going to own some noobs with this bad boy

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Haha, this reminds me of back when my company was printing cards for Upper Deck and for a hot minute we produced a series of pro gamer cards along with traditional sports cards. There were headshots of the players in their team shirts all just like this with their stats and usernames and everything.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Devils Affricate posted:

I've been saying for a while that the covid mask situation is a massive marketing opportunity as it basically has introduced a new article of clothing that everyone is expected to wear, and nerds already thought gas masks look cool so why not lean into it

Didn't expect Razr to be the ones to pick up on it, but here we are I guess

The transparent plastic over the mouth is probably there primarily to make it look cool and show off the lighting, but as a bonus it would allow people with bad/no hearing to lip read, which is a common complaint I hear about the standard masks :shrug:

Kind of :same:

I'm a nurse, so I know masks are definitely a mixed bag, but I also know my elastomeric respirator is a hell of a lot more comfortable and protects better than a surgical mask But practically shouting to be heard gets old really quickly, so the voice thing and the clear front seem good?

The big cons would be that thing needs to strap around the back of your head, because it's gonna be hella heavy on your ears. And are they actually powering a fan or something at the filters to exchange air, or is charging just for the stupid lights?

I dunno.

That high chair and the thimbles... jfc the cringe

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Watch the mask cost six to eight times what a 3M secure click does and not actually seal or filter properly.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

super sweet best pal posted:

Watch the mask cost six to eight times what a 3M secure click does and not actually seal or filter properly.

TO BE FAIR such masks are designed to protect the wearer from what they inhale, with little care given to what happens to the exhaled air (it just kinda blasts out the front), whereas covid solutions like this one are at least in theory designed around stopping particulate spray from exhalation

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

Devils Affricate posted:

TO BE FAIR such masks are designed to protect the wearer from what they inhale, with little care given to what happens to the exhaled air (it just kinda blasts out the front), whereas covid solutions like this one are at least in theory designed around stopping particulate spray from exhalation

thats very fair

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
the mask emphasizes the fact that we actually live in cyberpunk hellworld big time and I really like it kind in the same way i like elon's Cybertruck

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

If this was a superhero team it would be called The Unfuckables.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

i am 100% down with that mask and have wanted one for a while. it seems like if everything's not on fire so you need a mask, there's a horrible airborne disease so you need a mask. so if it is just going to apocalypse all the time a) lets get it done with a high quality reusable thing that does it all well and b) lets make it look as crazy as possible because poo poo is hosed and i want people to feel as uncomfortable about it as i do

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Some of you are really underestimating how unsettling it is to see the mouth through that particular mask design

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

We've designed the mask so that you look like Predator opening up its weird clawed mouth