Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Well, it's been about a decade since I graduated, so I think I am in the clear.

Also,

Kehveli posted:

the dude who asks you if you've ever heard of Jordan Peterson in how insufferable they are.

A student of mine asked me whether I had heard about Jordan Peterson and what I thought about him last year. I think I managed to convince him in a polite and reasoned way that ol' Jorps is really not a person he should pay any attention to.

Warden fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Sep 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

don't trust anyone with an university education

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Andrast posted:

don't trust anyone with an university education

Not trusting teachers, lawyers or economists is pretty reasonable, but what about doctors or engineers?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Warden posted:

Not trusting teachers, lawyers or economists is pretty reasonable, but what about doctors or engineers?

lmao imagine trusting an engineer

signed, an engineer

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Alrighty, fair enough.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Only trust your fists

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Nenonen posted:

Only trust your fists

I've seen my fists... nope.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Warden posted:

None of them. We are going full Year Zero, as the great and wonderful Khmer Rouge taught us. Everyone off to the farmlands and hold on, I seem to be writing an election speech for kepu, what the hell

matti
Mar 31, 2019

i crashed some med student fraternity party week or two ago (they told me to leave) and also have urinated on the steps of university of tampere many times

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

Warden posted:

The Internet told me not to trust doctors. :horsedrugs:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

An apple a day tastes pretty good. :kiddo:

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

3D Megadoodoo posted:

An apple a day tastes pretty good. :kiddo:

Big apple shill spotted. :tinfoil:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

Small apples are much tastier.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Let's be honest here: if I could become a shill for Big Anything, I totally would. Man's gotta eat.

And now that I've got your attention, let me tell you about this new dildo that's been built using current technology,

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

Heads up, Apple Inc. is now this thread's official sponsor. Only Safari browsers will be allowed.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

matti posted:

and also have urinated on the steps of university of tampere many times
thank you for contributing to a proud academic tradition o7

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Apparently the new narrative for Fixiteers is that Brexit problems are because of greedy corporations not paying their workers enough and not because of the clusterfuck that yeeting out of an association comprising your largest trade partners/closest neighbors.

Can't blame plandemic, greenleftsuvakit or the immigrants for this one so it is really hurting their shitbrains - yet this newfound solidarity with the workers has clearly not led them to consider voting for a party that does anything for the workers as opposed to Persus, which are somewhere to the right of Cock in economic matters these days.

It is an entertaining dilemma. Just check the comments on any Brexit article.
https://www.hs.fi/paakirjoitukset/art-2000008300335.html

There's still couple of moronic olds writing the Finequivalent of "Everything is going to be fine! Project Fear!" and few brave spirits who shout that actually Brits are doing great and EU is falling apart but they are noticably more quiet nowadays.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Oct 1, 2021

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Persu talking point has always been that immigration is bad because it drives down wages. Minimum 3000 € wage required to immigrate etc.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

doverhog posted:

Persu talking point has always been that immigration is bad because it drives down wages. Minimum 3000 € wage required to immigrate etc.

The funny thing is that this is not completely 100% false, only mostly. What tends to happen is that immigrants, at least low-skilled ones and/or ones coming from poorer countries, do all kinds of very low-paying poo poo jobs such as running restaurants and washing laundry and driving lorries and so on. However, if there are no immigrants at all, then these jobs are also not done at all. So it's not the case that immigrants "steal" the jobs of the natives, as the natives literally refuse to pick strawberries or wash shirts or whatever the gently caress.

If you go to e.g. London which has loads of immigrants you'll find that the number of, say, laundry shops is approximately infinity times larger than in Helsinki. In Finland, are there even any laundry places, like at all? Maybe you can get your shirts washed if you pay 50 € for three shirts or some poo poo in the one and only laundry place in the country in the basement at Stockmann? :shrug:

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
How in the heck should I know? My valet does my laundry.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

jaete posted:

The funny thing is that this is not completely 100% false, only mostly. What tends to happen is that immigrants, at least low-skilled ones and/or ones coming from poorer countries, do all kinds of very low-paying poo poo jobs such as running restaurants and washing laundry and driving lorries and so on. However, if there are no immigrants at all, then these jobs are also not done at all. So it's not the case that immigrants "steal" the jobs of the natives, as the natives literally refuse to pick strawberries or wash shirts or whatever the gently caress.

If you go to e.g. London which has loads of immigrants you'll find that the number of, say, laundry shops is approximately infinity times larger than in Helsinki. In Finland, are there even any laundry places, like at all? Maybe you can get your shirts washed if you pay 50 € for three shirts or some poo poo in the one and only laundry place in the country in the basement at Stockmann? :shrug:

Still. I happen to like that about Finland, part of a society with a flatter class structure unlike britain, hiring out is for the bourgeoise.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

His Divine Shadow posted:

Still. I happen to like that about Finland, part of a society with a flatter class structure unlike britain, hiring out is for the bourgeoise.

A family with two working parents can hire cleaners to come in like bi-weekly without it bankrupting them. I'd imagine if you have kids, it makes sense.

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

jaete posted:

In Finland, are there even any laundry places, like at all? Maybe you can get your shirts washed if you pay 50 € for three shirts or some poo poo in the one and only laundry place in the country in the basement at Stockmann? :shrug:

Most are dry cleaners, but there are a few old-school laundry places in Kallio as well a few laundromats.

Those were mostly killed off by Arava norms that mandated from the late 1960s onwards that blocks of flats must have a laundry room.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

His Divine Shadow posted:

Does hiring a big dude to cause me lots of physical pain monthly count as "hiring out"? Wouldn't want to be guilty of class exploitation towards my massage therapist, but my body is hosed up enough that I can't function properly without his less than tender ministrations. Man's a miracle worker with hands like goddamn shovels.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

aina kun uutisissa on juttua Peter Nygårdin seksuaalirikosjutuista, niin luen otsikot Petri Nygårdina ja mietin että miksi Yhdysvallat haluaa että suomiräppäri luovutetaan sinne oikeuteen

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Nenonen posted:

aina kun uutisissa on juttua Peter Nygårdin seksuaalirikosjutuista, niin luen otsikot Petri Nygårdina ja mietin että miksi Yhdysvallat haluaa että suomiräppäri luovutetaan sinne oikeuteen

Because Petri Nygård's fresh rhymes and daring disses can be used as weapons of mass destruction.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

today I was listening to Hannu Hoskonen, a mouth-breathing kepuster from wolf border, talk about how Maria Ohisalo is somehow breaking the law because her party turned in favour of legalizing the pot and therefore she should resign.

This person has been in the parliament since 2003 and apparently thinks it's illegal to campaign to overturn or change a law.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Nenonen posted:

This person has been in the parliament since 2003 and apparently thinks it's illegal to campaign to overturn or change a law.

What's that quote about "jotka ajavat lakien muuttamista -- raiskauksen laillistamista" tms, from what's her face

Same party as well I think?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
When even Hesari is like "yo lie a little bit less" you know Cock is wildin'

https://www.hs.fi/politiikka/art-2000008302091.html

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
https://www.hs.fi/kotimaa/art-2000008303018.html

quote:

Vain perussuomalaisten äänestäjissä enemmistö, 55 prosenttia, pitää periaatteellista kieltäytymistä hyväksyttävänä.

Letmebefrank
Oct 9, 2012

Entitled

https://twitter.com/koponenhilden/status/1444722955481755652?s=19

Ilmeisesti kyttien fyffet menee tietotekniikkaan, pomojen palkkoihin ja tilavuokriin. "Ilmeisesti", koska asian selvittely ä ei oltu tuon threadin mukaan tehty helpoksi.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
It'd be interesting to see the salary distributions or just the salary Gini coefficients of various government agencies and ministries

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

Nenonen posted:

today I was listening to Hannu Hoskonen, a mouth-breathing kepuster from wolf border, talk about how Maria Ohisalo is somehow breaking the law because her party turned in favour of legalizing the pot and therefore she should resign.

What's so hard to understand? It's illegal because its wrong because it's illegal.

Qtamo
Oct 7, 2012
Stay safe jauhokäsiaave

Qtamo
Oct 7, 2012
So, now that Saarikko has promised cops will get 30 million extra, there's no more need for YT-neuvottelut (and I'd suppose no more need to have a critical look at the police in general). I thought we weren't supposed to negotiate with terrorists :confused:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Qtamo posted:

So, now that Saarikko has promised cops will get 30 million extra, there's no more need for YT-neuvottelut (and I'd suppose no more need to have a critical look at the police in general). I thought we weren't supposed to negotiate with terrorists :confused:

That money will go straight to coke parties for the top brass.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
Here's some yle-käppyräs

Also posting this just to relive the magic of 2015-2019:

Can you imagine a government coalition that consistently polls at 70%, what a wild time the 90s was

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Lmao Sipilä's gov was such a disaster

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
It seems likely Pers Kok will be in the next gov. Dark and dreadful, but seems almost unavoidable atm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I think Kok/SDP is more likely

Pers Kok will require Kepu and I really doubt Kepu is going to go for a government where they are the third largest party. They might do it in the future after they accept their fate but not yet.