Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Inzombiac posted:

It's gonna be loving Goku. Just you wait.

just as long as it's baby goku from dragon ball and not adult goku from dbz, this would be excellent

edit: oh mannn not the dreaded goku page snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Bofast posted:

At least on my monitor the lower of the two has way stronger colours, if that makes sense. Mario's clothes have slightly deeper colours with what looks like a bit of glow on the lower one, for example, whereas the upper one has slightly more washed out colours.

I still want a Nintendo Bait

The one after that can be the NIntendo Master Bait

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

But which company will be the first to make a console I can Fuuuckk ughnnn

Oh Yeah by Yello begins playing in the background of this post

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Willo567 posted:

i'm still bummed that sony seems to be of the opinion that no one wants to play ps1 or ps2 games. i would like for there to be way more games on nes/snesflix, but at least the option's there, and nintendo has put out pretty much most of their first party titles for both systems save super mario rpg and earthbound (with the former maybe having to do with copyright issues involving square, don't know what the hold up for earthbound is)

I wish they would let me buy Um Jammer Lammy to play on my ps5.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Tetris Effect in one week, and I still have 7 Mario Picross puzzles to beat.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Tetris Effect in one week, and I still have 7 Mario Picross puzzles to beat.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They should make a Nintendo Switch Lite OLED with a bigger OLED screen but still smaller than the original Switch

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Zurtilik posted:

It's going to be a minion to tie in with their partnership to Illumination. =)

flavor.flv posted:

It's going to be a minion rabbid to tie in with their partnership to Illumination. =)
3 Rabbids in a trench coat

3 Minions in a trench coat can be the echo fighter released later to tie-in with the illumination cg movie

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

SE should be ashamed of dungeon encounters
https://youtu.be/xNcMb1XLhMk

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Still got a Skyrim-style itch I'm tryin' to scratch. Kingdoms of Amalur looks a little more like a single-player MMO than a cozy walkabout with crafting; maybe in the future it'll call to me.

Based half on threadbuzz and half on my love of physical, I practically blind-bought the Subnautica + Expansion pack.

I'd better not be disappointed.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

The United States posted:

3 Rabbids in a trench coat

3 Minions in a trench coat can be the echo fighter released later to tie-in with the illumination cg movie

Chris Prat Mario, to tie in with the Illumination CG Movie

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Junkie Disease posted:

This legitimately looks like it was an internship project.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hammer Bro. posted:

Still got a Skyrim-style itch I'm tryin' to scratch. Kingdoms of Amalur looks a little more like a single-player MMO than a cozy walkabout with crafting; maybe in the future it'll call to me.

Based half on threadbuzz and half on my love of physical, I practically blind-bought the Subnautica + Expansion pack.

I'd better not be disappointed.

It's better than an MMO but still a bit repetitive because it was released unfinished. The rerelease didn't fix the fundamental content problem of stuff like repeated dungeons

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Junkie Disease posted:

Did they make a game and forget to include the play screen? I've played browser or phone games like this that were free and had no or very little monetization. They got a pass because 1-2 people on the dev team and the actual mechanics are good.

Square could certainly have good mechanics but they are a power hour company known for graphics. You are telling me they couldn't throw together some cave textures and 3D models?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

They should make a Nintendo Switch Lite OLED with a bigger OLED screen but still smaller than the original Switch

This is honestly what I was hoping for. My 3DS feels really compact and awesome to play, whereas with my switch it feels like... A big Android tablet with controllers on the side. The ergonomics are pretty good with a grip but I wish the base model was a little bit smaller

I know some games can be hard with small UI/text. The work around there is to never give your money to companies who suck at scaling text

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Junkie Disease posted:

what the heck

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Spacebump posted:

I wish they would let me buy Um Jammer Lammy to play on my ps5.

i just hate that sony only greenlights big AAA projects and doesn't take risks on smaller projects anymore. I'm also really loving unhappy with them shuttering Japan Studios and killing off franchises like Ape Escape, Patapon, Locoroco and Gravity Rush

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Junkie Disease posted:

this is a very confusing video game trailer

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Junkie Disease posted:

The title is stupid, but the fact that the Final Fantasy V developer is behind it makes me think the mechanics are going to be super cool.

Pity they can't give him teams to put graphics to mechanics.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

pixaal posted:

Did they make a game and forget to include the play screen? I've played browser or phone games like this that were free and had no or very little monetization. They got a pass because 1-2 people on the dev team and the actual mechanics are good.

Square could certainly have good mechanics but they are a power hour company known for graphics. You are telling me they couldn't throw together some cave textures and 3D models?

Yeah for being some of the forefathers of RPGs, do they not get that too old rpg games looked like this because of technical limitations not because anybody actually enjoys stripped down visuals? Even traditional rear end DQ was like you know what random encounters suck, we don't need to do stuff like this anymore because this isn't the '80s

Reminds me of that stupid card game they announced in the direct. Call it a stylistic decision all you want at the end of the day it means you don't have to put significant effort towards the visuals

I have very strong opinions about role-playing games okay

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

when they said "Hiroyuki Ito is coming back to work on this game" they meant "Hiroyuki Ito is literally the only person on the dev team, we locked him in the basement and told him to make an RPG for us if he ever wants to see his family again"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Junkie Disease posted:

BATTLE
DO

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

KingSlime posted:

Reminds me of that stupid card game they announced in the direct. Call it a stylistic decision all you want at the end of the day it means you don't have to put significant effort towards the visuals

Reminds me of those people who somehow legitimately believe people use pixel art to save money over more expensive, better-looking 3D animation.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

John Lee posted:

Reminds me of those people who somehow legitimately believe people use pixel art to save money over more expensive, better-looking 3D animation.

they use pixel art because pixel art looks nice

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

KingSlime posted:

lol cmon man

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Augus posted:

I miss the days of SNES and Saturn pixel art

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Augus posted:

That board does not look nice it's simple geometry. I only mentioned 3D in my dig because that is what Square is known for now. They did some gorgeous stuff on the (S)NES but their recent attempts at making them HD have just made just look worse than the originals.

Sqaure should stick to 3D and NIS should stick to 2D. loving NIS doing ugly 3D models for the New Disgaea when they have amazing looking sprites for 3/4 the stuff in the game already.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

John Lee posted:

there is a hefty baked in assumption here that 3D animation looks better somehow

I'll gladly point to the Final Fantasy transition from sprites to 3D or the new Actraiser as painful counterexamples

Great spritework is much more impressive than 3D

edit: i realize now your post could be read either way

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

KingSlime posted:

Yeah for being some of the forefathers of RPGs, do they not get that too old rpg games looked like this because of technical limitations not because anybody actually enjoys stripped down visuals? Even traditional rear end DQ was like you know what random encounters suck, we don't need to do stuff like this anymore because this isn't the '80s

I have very strong opinions about role-playing games okay

This post is so bad it made me like Dungeon Encounters.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

pixaal posted:

That board does not look nice it's simple geometry.

it’s also not pixel art???

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Y'all like the card game? Fair enough you're certainly allowed to haha

The Bloop posted:

edit: i realize now your post could be read either way

Yeah I took that post to mean that pixel art takes much much more effort than the average 3d visuals

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Great news guys, KingSlime has decided that you're allowed to like the card game.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I'm gonna be ambivalent out of spite

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
But are you going to spend money on it though? Y'all are no fun, it was a hoot seeing people's reactions to that game on different streams!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Augus posted:

it’s also not pixel art???

clearly, wasn't sure if you were calling it that. I've seen plenty of people call MS paint graphics pixel graphics.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
unlikely, I believe the main draw is Yoko Taro and I haven't played Nier so I don't really know what I'm missing

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Ohhhh that's right I had forgotten entirely that yoko taro is involved. Yeah I'm not a huge fan myself, played through Nier A and it was okay ish.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5X64JKqt3I

This lovely Vagrant Story-esque 3DS game Crimson Shroud was 3 hours long but did the "minimal graphics and focus on mechanics" thing better than that one up there. I'm all about mechanics first, but text-only would be more appealing than that VR missions-looking setup for Encounters.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Augus posted:

when they said "Hiroyuki Ito is coming back to work on this game" they meant "Hiroyuki Ito is literally the only person on the dev team, we locked him in the basement and told him to make an RPG for us if he ever wants to see his family again"

Hey, I mean, if the game has cool mechanics I'll play it, I'm a sucker for crunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the demo for voiced cards game was very dry and simplistic, but i do dig the aesthetic