Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

lol

e: top lines from the text

"Bernie is sincerely asking...

$10.

That's the amount we're asking you to contribute today."

ill buy you a cert dude. i don't think you can use campaign money for the forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mythical Moderate
Jul 5, 2002

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded. They are all those of 'Justice'.

When Obama won a Nobel peace prize nine months into his presidency for not being George W. Bush. lol

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Mythical Moderate posted:

When Obama won a Nobel peace prize nine months into his presidency for not being George W. Bush. lol

look you can bail out the banks, collect thermal and all the liberals will love you….or we show you the Kennedy file again. Plato o plomo, Barack.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

When he became the first Nobel Peace Prize winner to drop a bomb on another Nobel Peace Prize winner

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Chamale posted:

When he became the first Nobel Peace Prize winner to drop a bomb on another Nobel Peace Prize winner

wait, when did this happen?

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

wait, when did this happen?

When he "accidentally" bombed a Doctors Without Borders hospital in Afghanistan in 2015

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Yeah, well, George W. loving SUCKED.

Obama might have been centrist neoliberal but George W. is straight up evil man.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
obama's straight up evil too

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kitfox88 posted:

obama's straight up evil too

Trump was far less evil than Hillary, they shoulda given him the prize, too. (I can't even remember who all got it during his reign.) Maybe he'll get it next time?

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Bernie needs to get a JOB

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Trump was far less evil than Hillary, they shoulda given him the prize, too. (I can't even remember who all got it during his reign.) Maybe he'll get it next time?

Trump is legit the least evil US president in many decades.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Orange Devil posted:

He was dumber than George Bush Jr. though, which is something of an accomplishment.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

mawarannahr posted:

he needs to buy a forums membership now that the paywall is up. then he will bug everyone for plat.

"i'm disgraced forums poster healthcarestomper88 ... "

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

He was dumber than George Bush Jr. though, which is something of an accomplishment.

dubya's bumbling folksy dimwit persona was completely artificial. he was slightly below average at worst. the problems of bush's presidency stemmed from his all-consuming greed and cruelty, not a low iq.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Orange Devil posted:

in terms of foreign policy yes

in terms of domestic policy he enabled some real shitters but so has pretty much everyone else so I will give ya that and ultimately end up agreeing

in terms of actual human being I think he's still bottom half, because he's a total piece of garbage in ways that career politicians are not because they have to get elected

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
He's garbage in all the ways many career politicians are, whose crimes are covered for by a complicit media.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
when John Bolton wanted to start a war with Iran, Trump said no, John Bolton called it the worst decision he had ever seen a president make in the history of humanity, and then they went their separate ways.

George W. Bush dealt with the exact same moustache man for five years and decided hey, you know what this guy would be good at is representing the country in front of the United Nations

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

afaik not only has Biden not filled the vacancy still but the Republicans still have a majority in the FCC

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Tubgoat posted:

He's garbage in all the ways many career politicians are, whose crimes are covered for by a complicit media.

I really disagree with you here, Tubgoat, because the thing that made Trump so much "less evil" is his incredibly child-like lack of intellectual development. He's very much not garbage in the ways that career politicians are simply because he completely lacks the ability consciously string together immoral acts for long term gain. Hell, it's the same reason he's a lovely businessman.

He's a salesman and showman, and he can certainly grift given an obvious opportunity, but he demonstrated time and time and time again he cannot see situations for the strategic value for extracting profit and will always pursue the short term gain. An example is Erdogan asking why we're in Syria and him, right there and then turning to a senior defense official and asking "Yeah, why are we in Syria?" (Something I just remembered lol).

The very same stuff that makes him ask a 7 year-old if he still believes in Santa or tell a press conference that the Special Olympics are hard to watch is the same stuff that makes him question endless wars where we lose on the ground. He can't see that the purpose of the wars are to enrich defense contractors and shore up the MIC. Hell, he'll give a more money to the MIC, but only because he thinks it will help us "win" and he's only concerned with the facade. He cannot be as evil as other career politicians because it is that lack of understanding the true nature of things which prevents it. Evil relies on knowing you're doing an immoral thing whereas Trump simply doesn't know and it's why Obama is so much worse, because he's fully aware of his evil actions.

DACK FAYDEN's point is that that can all be true but that is also how he comes to be a rapist, which I think we can all agree Barack Obama probably wasn't.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

There was like 2 weeks after the new congress was sworn in where McConnell just refused to allow a vote on committees changing chairs so the GOP just stayed in control of the senate because woops you need 60 votes for that.

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

LastInLine posted:

I really disagree with you here, Tubgoat, because the thing that made Trump so much "less evil" is his incredibly child-like lack of intellectual development. He's very much not garbage in the ways that career politicians are simply because he completely lacks the ability consciously string together immoral acts for long term gain. Hell, it's the same reason he's a lovely businessman.

He's a salesman and showman, and he can certainly grift given an obvious opportunity, but he demonstrated time and time and time again he cannot see situations for the strategic value for extracting profit and will always pursue the short term gain. An example is Erdogan asking why we're in Syria and him, right there and then turning to a senior defense official and asking "Yeah, why are we in Syria?" (Something I just remembered lol).

The very same stuff that makes him ask a 7 year-old if he still believes in Santa or tell a press conference that the Special Olympics are hard to watch is the same stuff that makes him question endless wars where we lose on the ground. He can't see that the purpose of the wars are to enrich defense contractors and shore up the MIC. Hell, he'll give a more money to the MIC, but only because he thinks it will help us "win" and he's only concerned with the facade. He cannot be as evil as other career politicians because it is that lack of understanding the true nature of things which prevents it. Evil relies on knowing you're doing an immoral thing whereas Trump simply doesn't know and it's why Obama is so much worse, because he's fully aware of his evil actions.

DACK FAYDEN's point is that that can all be true but that is also how he comes to be a rapist, which I think we can all agree Barack Obama probably wasn't.

yeah there's no way he would have been able to build the concentration camps if not already there. Thankfully Nobel Peace Prize Winner Obama took care of that for him, so all he had to do was crank the dial to 11

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

lil poopendorfer posted:

yeah there's no way he would have been able to build the concentration camps if not already there. Thankfully Nobel Peace Prize Winner Obama took care of that for him, so all he had to do was crank the dial to 11
This is a way better way to say what I meant, yeah

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

vyelkin posted:

when John Bolton wanted to start a war with Iran, Trump said no, John Bolton called it the worst decision he had ever seen a president make in the history of humanity, and then they went their separate ways.

George W. Bush dealt with the exact same moustache man for five years and decided hey, you know what this guy would be good at is representing the country in front of the United Nations

that's kind of a good bit though because the United Nations simply do not matter

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Proust Malone posted:

look you can bail out the banks, collect thermal and all the liberals will love you….or we show you the Kennedy file again. Plato o plomo, Barack.

Collect thermal? The kitten from garfield?

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Few octobers ago when Liz Bruenig changed her Twitter handle to “elizabeth boo!nig”

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

The original infrastructure week, where there was a massively planned great rollout of the huge amount of improvements Trump was going to bring us to great fanfare on Monday and then he fired Comey on Tuesday.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Ben Carson thought the pyramids were built to store grain because he played too much Sid Meier's Civilization

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Carlos Danger

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clZ2GoiYMQ8

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Carlos Danger

Pierre Delecto

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Reinhold Niebuhr

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Otto Warmbier (more like Otto Not Have Snagged That Poster, amirite? :dadjoke:)

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

(I can't even remember who all got it during his reign.)

One of them was the prime minister of Ethiopia, who is currently attempting genocide.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

Collect thermal? The kitten from garfield?

that was supposed to read “the medal” but I can’t proof

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

sleeptalker posted:

One of them was the prime minister of Ethiopia, who is currently attempting genocide.

Thanks, Ahmed!

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

sleeptalker posted:

lol!!!1

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Mitt, drop to your knees!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Kazzah posted:

Mitt, drop to your knees!

When Romney flew to Vegas in 2012 to publicly kiss Trump's ring, only to get a lukewarm endorsement and lose. Then spend all of 2016 getting mocked by Trump, having Trump win, flying to DC again to publicly kiss Trump's ring, and then getting jack poo poo.