Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Dawgstar posted:

To pick a specific Bridget and Mary Jo riff I'd go with their version of Angels' Revenge, The Maturing Woman or Rescue Me.

Very cool! I saw Rescue Me on twitch I think, good stuff, big big Dudikoff fan. Dudikoff Megathread right here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3780872

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I watched the riff of Jack Frost the other night and laughed a lot.

Made in America! :dumb:

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
We watched Plankton last night and....that was certainly something.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/MaryJoPehl/status/1429797786468372484

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Samurai Cop is coming to a YouTube near you, consider this a black gift from me.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

By popular demand posted:

Samurai Cop is coming to a YouTube near you, consider this a black gift from me.

I have such sights to show people. One of them being a famous Japanese stunt performer in a speedo, apparently.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

New Bridget and Mary Jo riff, "Before I Say Goodbye" a movie that doesn't have enough of a budget to even fake blowing up a boat.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also the main character is a psychic who writes an newspaper column and is also running for Congress.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/Doranisms/status/1432891192610627585

HOLY loving poo poo

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

That's really cool! Largely unchanged after 40+ years.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Time to plan my pilgrimage.:pusheen:

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

That is amazing! I never thought the room would still be in use!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Jet Jaguar posted:

That is amazing! I never thought the room would still be in use!

They did take forever setting it up. Wouldn't want it to go to waste.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I demand them to film themselves setting it up next year in full, excruciating detail

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Interesting thing about this week's release is that Bill is friends with Peter Sagal, who wrote the original script (which got completely changed during the course of production) and they're going to be putting out a companion video where Bill talks to him about the movie.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdBQdxGeyCQ

Really made me think

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The riff about writing a Joy Division song slays me every time.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wait wait... don't tell me Peter Sagal wrote the newest Rifftrax flick?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJvNnP1ZGmM

An amazing collision of worlds. Didn't know Peter and Bill were tight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jvWs4qnOPk

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nqa6e6WV2o
SHAKE HANDS WITH DANGER

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I didn't even have to open the video to hear the musical riff.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sorry, I was too busy burning greenhorns.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The stunts look super painful!

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

quote:

This cautionary tale about youth and hormones finds high schoolers Tommy and Helen crossing state lines on a whim to get married by a justice of the peace.

They’re grounded for life when their parents find out, but still somehow manage to find themselves involved with a gang of car thieves. Come for the gripping mortgage subplot, but stay for the Thelma and Louise denouement! With special guest appearance dialogue by Ed Wood!

:shepspends:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Giving this to Bridget and MJ? And people mock the idea of an ordered universe.

Also today's deal was The Trucker's Woman so I jumped on that. There's a nice little homage in the riffs to Riding With Death.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Sep 18, 2021

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A couple of teenagers get married in order to bang and then they don't even do it.

Edit: Holy lol that ending.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Sep 18, 2021

Barudak
May 7, 2007

This interview with Peter Sagal about Savage was great

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
There is a jaw-dropping amount on Tubi, more than 100 hours I would guess.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Student Bodies is a 1981 horror comedy that's

Very interesting. It's a Mel Brooks-style (I'd say Airplane but it predates it) riff on the horror genre as it stood- a weird mismash of Halloween, Friday the 13th, and Black Christmas

It's not an all time great movie, its very dated in a lot of respects, but its worth watching I think. In this case, dated means more that the style of comedy can feel archaic, beats and jokes go on for too long or don't quite hit the mark and some of the jokes are obtuse to the point where you're not sure if they're references or the movie's own invention. There are a few jokes that haven't aged well, there always are, and I kind of get the feeling that the people who made it did not like the genre very much

But its got some good stuff to it and its a fascinating view into this early section of 80s horror

this is the wrong thread I now realize

Ah well enjoy the post

Burkion fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Sep 27, 2021

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
https://www.rifftrax.com/money-plane

2020's Money Plane! (it's a just the jokes riff)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Goddamn Kelsey Grammer is really embarrassing himself these days.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Insta-buy, not only because that movie is insane, but to hopefully encourage them to do more of these instead of only being limited to VOD.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

It's called the Money Plane. Some of the baddest motherfuckers on the planet are on that plane, all craving action.You wanna bet on a dude loving an alligator.... Money Plane.

That's from memory from back whenever. Pretty funny movie, needed a lot more Grammer and Jane as well. Coincidentally during the past year and a half I rocked through Cheers and all of Frasier. I can't get enough.

(Edit: I remembered the planet part of the Grammer quote)

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Oct 2, 2021

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Looks like Amazon Prime added a few 2019 episodes
I noticed Blood Theater and Contamination.

I watched about half of Contamination, they sure went for it with the exploding gore effects.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Money Plane makes for a good companion piece with McBain. Both are just very casual action movies where you rarely, if ever, feel like the heroes are in danger as they go through their plan.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I may regret saying this as I cannot remember McBain, but Money Plane is so annoyingly self aware that it's clearly the lesser of these two films.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Without a doubt. Though I'd say that Money Plane works as a bad movie because despite being aware of its bonkers premise, the movie doesn't have the chops to hit its potential. It's like when the first Purge movie came out and people were interested in what could be done with the concept and the first movie barely scratched the surface.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

McBain is one of the sleepiest action movies I've ever seen, and its so conservative in such a lazy boomer way that I can't help but be transfixed by it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gavok posted:

Without a doubt. Though I'd say that Money Plane works as a bad movie because despite being aware of its bonkers premise, the movie doesn't have the chops to hit its potential. It's like when the first Purge movie came out and people were interested in what could be done with the concept and the first movie barely scratched the surface.

I mostly remember the first Purge for being a dorky home invasion flick with a scene-chewing lead villain.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Barudak posted:

McBain is one of the sleepiest action movies I've ever seen, and its so conservative in such a lazy boomer way that I can't help but be transfixed by it.

Hey! I give it 50% odds, at the very least, that McBain inspired the "Protagonist is so above the opposition that he or she is not even close to being challenged at any point of the narrative" vibe from Equilibrium and Ultraviolet (And some of the Resident Evil movies).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

This is like the third time I watched Star Games (now free on the YouTube channel) and I was still unprepared for just how stupid it is.
I take back everything I said about Episode One of Star Wars.