Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

The city just tore up the sidewalk and driveway around my house. My cars are now condemned to a garage they can no longer leave. Cool.

An I hate cars success story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

goon project: bury all attached garages within one mile of your home in the debris you have made of their driveways

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Tulip posted:

Just walked past a memorial to a 3 month old who got struck by a car

how did that even happen they cant even crawl

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Its extremely possible for a car to leave the road

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

or for a child to be in a car and be the only occupant killed

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

LonsomeSon posted:

or for a child to be in a car and be the only occupant killed

oh so now people who are in cars are "victims"???

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
legalize crime against people in cars

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

500 good dogs posted:

oh so now people who are in cars are "victims"???

i agree that any 3mo old piloting an automobile isn’t a victim

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Filthy Hans posted:

cucked by Midas

the Midas Cuck :cmon:

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

500 good dogs posted:

how did that even happen they cant even crawl

I assume somebody plowed into a stroller in the crosswalk, or hit baby and adult holding baby with the adult surviving.

E feels bad death to cars

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Tulip posted:

I assume somebody plowed into a stroller in the crosswalk, or hit baby and adult holding baby with the adult surviving.

:(

death to cars indeed

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Tulip posted:

happened to someone my mom knew at work so yes death to cars

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Lastgirl posted:

everyone banging out paragraphs just to get to the crux of the point:] i hate cars

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
cars

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

gently caress u

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

500 good dogs posted:

gently caress u

I am not a car!!!

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

Centrist Committee posted:

I am not a car!!!

*u were jousted to death by a goon in a tram*

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

Tulip posted:

u mean a 3mo old who was involved in an accident?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

cool av posted:

u mean a 3mo old who was involved in an accident?

a 3 month old involved dented fender

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

the 3yo was unlicensed and we have access to her preschool report card

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

IT'S loving INFRASTRUCUTRE. ITS AN INVESTMENT STOP TIHNKING ABOUT IT IN TERMS OF COST THAT ISN'T HOW GOVERNMENT FNDING WORKS.

loving liberals man.

lol what the gently caress is this nonsense

it doesn't matter if it's full communism now, burying poo poo is harder to build and harder to maintain. same for throwing it up on ridiculous stilts

fire in a tunnel/in the sky? this is bad, sucks to be you

fire at street level? exit the loving vehicle and walk away. bonus points for easy access by emergency services too!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Harik posted:

it doesn't matter if it's full communism now, burying poo poo is harder to build and harder to maintain. same for throwing it up on ridiculous stilts

fire at street level? exit the loving vehicle and walk away. bonus points for easy access by emergency services too!

there’s sprinklers in the tunnels, nbd

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tulip posted:

Were they wearing a reflective vest

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

DESTROY

CAR

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

The city just tore up the sidewalk and driveway around my house. My cars are now condemned to a garage they can no longer leave. Cool.

sidewalk?!?!?!? that sounds like communism to me

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

https://youtu.be/vzm6pvHPSGo

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

its simple, effective, and works every time

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
I got to the site of the 35w bridge collapse like five minutes after it happened, we were watching cartoons in my college house basement and heard that poo poo, biked over directly and were like good loving lord this is metal as gently caress

A lot of cars died in that. Not as many as you'd think though

Any of you other mpls goons see that poo poo? Fuckin nuts. Those gusset plates were turbbofucked for years. Can't even spend enough on the car infrastructure to prevent that.

wilfredmerriweathr has issued a correction as of 14:48 on Oct 2, 2021

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

heres an old Irving Berlin song for the thread. imm dreaming of a carrrrrless wooorrrlllddd. just like the onessssssss in my dreamssssss

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Ich bin ein berliner!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

I got to the site of the 35w bridge collapse like five minutes after it happened, we were watching cartoons in my college house basement and heard that poo poo, biked over directly and were like good loving lord this is metal as gently caress

A lot of cars died in that. Not as many as you'd think though

Any of you other mpls goons see that poo poo? Fuckin nuts. Those gusset plates were turbbofucked for years. Can't even spend enough on the car infrastructure to prevent that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74JNl5n-YdI

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

had to do my ten minute drive to the suburbs today

Only registered members can see post attachments!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

actionjackson posted:

had to do my ten minute drive to the suburbs today

i hate cars

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Tulip posted:

Were the parents prosecuted for negligence?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Harik posted:

Completely ignoring construction costs AKA the amount of work it takes to do, there's a significant difference in terms of land use, which is to say has implications for actual convenience of the amenity, not to mention that any place where you have an at-grade train you don't have a building or park or graveyard there, just due to physics.

With labor costs, it's pretty complicated. Tunneling is traditionally much harder/slower than either at grade, elevated, or cut & cover, but people who live at street level have gotten really good at disrupting non-tunneling construction, driving up costs and time. This is largely motivated by the fact that non-tunneling construction is disruptive to people who it's happening right next to (assuming it isn't just fully displacing them). Also by "people who live at" I mostly mean "people who own businesses that are located at" because small business owners are much better at protecting their class interests than the rest of us :rip:

My point is that there's reasons to build trains in different ways at different places for different things, just so long as automobile delenda est.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I’m the injected molded wheel well rivets

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Harik posted:

Ah yes, the well known MTA death tunnels where thousands of subway riders every years are killed in tunnel fire accidents. Above ground tracks represent a very expensive externality for residents of the neighborhoods they traverse. Burying tracks protects them from inclimate weather and allow much more surface use within the area's they serve. For cross country trains, sure, above ground is fine, for mass transit within urban areas udnerground is a long term investment and we don't need liberals screeching about costs.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

train and "cars" good, CAR bad

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

docbeard posted:

There Will Come Soft Trains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Lastgirl posted: