Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Redstone conduits do work but I think you need to check one of the checkboxes in its interface? I think I saw on dev you need a sensor filter installed for it to trigger, but once it does it'll grow about as fast as you can harvest it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
Cheers Vib Rib - each conduit on the snad needed the sensor. Stupid really but it did work. Rocco I would imagine your solution works too, but it was easier just to craft up those sensor filters.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Lordshmee posted:

I decided to start a new Omnifactory run because I wanted to play dev, and do early passive crafts from the get go. One thing I can’t figure out is how to make sugarcane grow on snad as fast as some of the YouTubers I see doing it. I have redstone conduits hooked up to a timer ticking very fast with strong signal on the input and outputs on each snad block, but no matter how I vary the timer it just grows at the same fast-ish rate, but it can’t even keep up with the consumption of two steam boilers. Any tips?
In dev, it's slightly different. Get one redstone conduit and a filter, configure like this underneath your snad, you may have to yeta wrench it to connect to the snad block. No timer required, this will do it all.

E: beaten, oh well

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
What's the method for gathering the sugar came once your snad grows it like crazy? I've just started omnifactory and while my lonely steam dynamo is feeding on planks because lumber axe I assume super snad farms are the gold standard.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Vacuum Chests are cheap and easy early game for collection.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
There's a block breaker in what I think is Actually Additions that is your safe choice if you're on a server with Omnifactory. You can get in a situation where a ton of sugar cane is getting pistoned out of place, but if the chunk isn't loaded when you're offline, it'll get strobed if EnderIO conducts run through it (we think that was the culprit). So the pistons will keep on doing their thing but the chunk won't stay resident long enough for any sugar to drift into the hoppers. After 4000+ sugar cane bundle up like this, your rear end can't log in to your base anymore when it tries to fully load the chunk until you open the region data and blow away all the sugar. IMO I would just cheat in the breaker if the recipe is too onerous.

I think the pack was trying to lean on sugar cane for a long time but numismatic dynamos with the gem conversion (?) augment will turn DML farm diamonds into a ton of power. You can get them up to electrum with low-tier materials and generate 6,000 RF/tick on each one.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
The Autobreakers can be made legitimately in OF as soon as you get aluminium from the Electric Blast Furnace. So pretty early.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Okay thanks. Im just playing solo and stuffing planks will work perfectly fine up to that point I'm sure. I also have to see if oilsands is worth using since there is a huge vein blended up with the Redstone I found.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I haven't taken a dive into petroleum yet but there's a whole bunch of poo poo to do with petrochemicals and you'll want to earmark some oil for doing that instead of lighting it up.

Edit: You could also come play on the Disasterpiece server.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I'm playing a solo dev OF and my lostcities world has a shitload of oilsands, so I'm definitely going to play with distillation towers. I'm just about to move into MV which should let me get an ME network going, that'll take a good while though, ME drives and molecular assemblers are not cheap in this pack.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

ewe2 posted:

I'm playing a solo dev OF and my lostcities world has a shitload of oilsands, so I'm definitely going to play with distillation towers. I'm just about to move into MV which should let me get an ME network going, that'll take a good while though, ME drives and molecular assemblers are not cheap in this pack.

In GTNH, molecular assemblers require EV tier GT assemblers as an ingredient. :shepface:

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
If I remember correctly, you had to wait until the tier after to do processing patterns too.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

If I remember correctly, you had to wait until the tier after to do processing patterns too.

I don't actually remember what the recipe for the pattern terminal is, because I enchanted and opened a shitload of the AE loot bags, and got, like, 10 of them. AE lootbags are really, really good in GTNH. They and IV lootbags should always be enchanted.

The 16 + 4 upgraded terminal, though, is definitely LuV.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

I declared victory on my 1.2.2 OF game cause all I had left to do was the last quest which was just gonna take a ton of time to get ingredients but I had mostly fully automated everything, and moved on to other games. But the talk of the dev version and me pokin around that before reeled me back in.

So, started a new world and this time I'm gonna try to get everything automated early. I've already been doing better with not hoarding poo poo and making the minimum number of items to move on. Firmly in LV, got the EBF set up already. Probably need more power to run it constantly, but it'll work for batch stuff. I also got a poo poo load of oil sands under my base, so will be runnin off oil soon.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The friend I was playing Sky Bees with wanted to try a new pack. I was thinking Valhelsia 3, but the world isn't really that exciting, I was expecting more structures. I'm wondering if going back to Rougelike Adventures and Dungeons wouldn't be the right call. Is there anything similar for 1.16.5? Life in the Village 2 might be fun, I've never used Minecolonies, but I was hoping for more tech and magic.

I'd do another skyblock, but we just did Sky Bees and I can't imagine Skyfactory going much differently. Though, not having to gently caress with bees nigh-constantly sounds nice.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Sep 29, 2021

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
Is there anything that causes thunder on a semi regular basis without the weather changing? I'm playing a slightly edited Enigmatica 6 and roughly once a day I hear thunder for no apparent reason, and I'm not in a desert.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

metasynthetic posted:

Is there anything that causes thunder on a semi regular basis without the weather changing? I'm playing a slightly edited Enigmatica 6 and roughly once a day I hear thunder for no apparent reason, and I'm not in a desert.

I think that might be Apotheosis triggering a mob with special armor (the rare, common, uncommon, etc stuff) somewhere near you. Good luck finding them before they despawn though.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

Maguoob posted:

I think that might be Apotheosis triggering a mob with special armor (the rare, common, uncommon, etc stuff) somewhere near you. Good luck finding them before they despawn though.

It was this, thanks!

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

In GTNH, molecular assemblers require EV tier GT assemblers as an ingredient. :shepface:

LOL gently caress THAT poo poo. I'm glad they allowed finding inscriber patterns in meteorites in Omnifactory also, I never liked the original mod chain for that either.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

ewe2 posted:

LOL gently caress THAT poo poo. I'm glad they allowed finding inscriber patterns in meteorites in Omnifactory also, I never liked the original mod chain for that either.

Frankly, I barley notice. Then again, I waited until ZPM to do any serious autocrafting. At this point, I have single step ASoC EV circuits in a circuit assline on autocraft, along with everything else, so it's dead simple to just mash the button.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
What are folks using for Omnifactory texture packs?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
The ever divisive sphax and its OF specific addon, Here

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug

Rynoto posted:

The ever divisive sphax and its OF specific addon, Here

Yeah, I'm trying to use this but Grass specifically ends up being totally invisible. I've downloaded the latest sphax and that specific patch :(

for context. Grass is invisible, other blocks look just fine.

double edit: Apparently this is a foamfix problem. :( I'll look to see if I can figure out a fix.

triple edit:

figured it out - if anyone runs into issues with BDCraft/Sphax texture packs setting certain things to invisible, use the fix here: https://github.com/asiekierka/FoamFix/issues/277 - basically go into the FoamFix.cfg and change the B:smallModelConditions=false to true.

Falcon2001 fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Oct 2, 2021

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
I use Faithful32. Almost vanilla, but with some nice changes. I particularly like how each tier of GT machines has a different color. Get this one, as every other mirror I found didn’t work: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/texture-packs/faithful32-modded/files

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
i'm about to step into HV in Omnifactory now and I'm not really sure what the strategy for autocrafting slightly complex intermediate items like circuits are. They're super important and you need a ton of them but apparently the AE2 crafting card solution is really bad for them, due to the lag they cause? I've been batch crafting them in groups of 100 or so at a time to avoid having chunks taken out of my time when I need to use them, but that really doesn't feel like enough now that I'm beginning to want things like printed processors in huge amounts for expanding AE2 storage and capacity. I've got on-demand crafts for most simple items like rods, plates, and gears going now and ME emitter-stopped passive crafting for various ingots, dusts, and other base-tier ingredient, and on the other end have no issue just using JEI to slam out multiples of given MV machines as I'm building out new automation lines. But, the intermediates like circuits are a lot more confusing about how to handle without massively increasing lag on the server I've got going.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I've been putting a mod pack together to play with (hopefully with a friend!) and, well first off, I was surprised that I didn't really have to do any editing straight out for world gen. I do have things like three different types of copper blocks, but once they're smelted they all turn into the same copper ingot and they can be used in any recipe that requires them, but I've been progressing through in a quick survival world to make sure there's nothing that unintentionally harder or things not working together and it all seems to be working okay so far! it's a 1.12.2 pack only because including Matter Overdrive, otherwise it could've been a much more current version.

My big question is there anything I'm particularly missing? In particular anything that might improve backend stuff you don't actually see while playing or might not experience issues with while playing solo? Or if there is an easy way to make changes like the ore thing. That's not critical, but if it's easy I might as well.

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004

Impermanent posted:

i'm about to step into HV in Omnifactory now and I'm not really sure what the strategy for autocrafting slightly complex intermediate items like circuits are. They're super important and you need a ton of them but apparently the AE2 crafting card solution is really bad for them, due to the lag they cause? I've been batch crafting them in groups of 100 or so at a time to avoid having chunks taken out of my time when I need to use them, but that really doesn't feel like enough now that I'm beginning to want things like printed processors in huge amounts for expanding AE2 storage and capacity. I've got on-demand crafts for most simple items like rods, plates, and gears going now and ME emitter-stopped passive crafting for various ingots, dusts, and other base-tier ingredient, and on the other end have no issue just using JEI to slam out multiples of given MV machines as I'm building out new automation lines. But, the intermediates like circuits are a lot more confusing about how to handle without massively increasing lag on the server I've got going.

I set up passive autocrafting of parts and outputted them into a limited size drawer so that they were always available. It just ate through my gallium supply for a while until I got it buffered enough.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

TheJadedOne posted:

I set up passive autocrafting of parts and outputted them into a limited size drawer so that they were always available. It just ate through my gallium supply for a while until I got it buffered enough.

ok thank you for saying this, this is what I wound up settling on too. It feels slightly jank for dealing with the huge low-tier circuit needs of AE2 but I guess that once I've moved on to the next theme of circuits I can probably just passive craft the first tier, since I won't be able to use those boards.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

I definitely need to set up passive crafting of circuits this go around, because I didn't before and that was a dumb move. How are you running the level emitter signals from your storage to the crafter?

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
One trick you can do is boost the size of the circuit recipe. So you don't have a recipe to make one, you have a recipe to make a stack. So when it comes up, you poo poo out 64 of them instead of just the three or whatever it was going to try to do.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Impermanent posted:

People super overstate lag or have potato computers; all the lag comes in super late game if you use nothing but export/import busses on every machine. There's nothing wrong with a interface card with a storage bus to autocraft keep a stack of them.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Oct 5, 2021

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
One of the most satisfying moments in Minecraft is when you watch your first assembler craft a stack of t1 circuits for you. It just feels like an accomplishment.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Apparently Twitch experienced a huge leak. This means that if you had CurseForge credentials that haven't been updated since 2019, your encrypted password is leaked. Might wanna change it.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Apparently Twitch experienced a huge leak. This means that if you had CurseForge credentials that haven't been updated since 2019, your encrypted password is leaked. Might wanna change it.

The ones in the leak are hashed not just encrypted so it really shouldn't be a huge concern for them to be cracked, but I can understand worrying the people behind the hack might have something more concerning.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug

BurritoJustice posted:

The ones in the leak are hashed not just encrypted so it really shouldn't be a huge concern for them to be cracked, but I can understand worrying the people behind the hack might have something more concerning.

At the very least if you have the hashed password and the source code, you could generate a password that would work, so you should change it on twitch; and just to be safe, change it elsewhere.

(This is also a good opportunity to start using a password vault if you aren't.)

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Falcon2001 posted:

At the very least if you have the hashed password and the source code, you could generate a password that would work, so you should change it on twitch; and just to be safe, change it elsewhere.

(This is also a good opportunity to start using a password vault if you aren't.)

Yeah, good point. Normally, just having a hashed password database leak isn't a big deal, since you don't have the hash. However, this came with the source code, and (if the coding is poo poo, which it almost always is,) they hardcoded the hash.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

BurritoJustice posted:

FYI this is incorrect, as the salt was stored in the source and someone already set up a website listing passwords (I am not posting it; don't touch the poop) so change yours immediately.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Bhodi posted:

the salt was stored in the source

lol I loving called it. dumbasses

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
It's honestly more complex than that since it's typical to store bcrypt salts alongside [in front of] the pws and it doesn't matter for various technical reasons, as long as you do other things correctly as well, which they apparently did not, but this is isn't the thread for that and it's not super relevant, all you need to know is just change your password, for reals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
They did bcrypt right, the "salt" isn't a secret, it's a randomized string to prevent people from being able to reuse brute force attempts across multiple passwords, and it is supposed to be available everywhere the hash is. Unless they had literally one salt that everybody shared, which I don't believe is the case. Any hash dump is going to be associated with some number of stolen passwords because an awful lot of people use passwords that are in the top 10k most common passwords, or passwords that were stolen in a previous breach- in fact, twitch users specifically do it so much (because they trend young), they used to have a problem with people brute forcing common passwords & credential stuffing attacks on the front door until the identity team made some stupid AI thing to lock account aggressively if anything looked weird.

Your password will not be stolen if you have practiced good password hygiene up until now, but that is not a good reason to stop practicing good password hygiene.