Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, its middle class suburbanites that are there due to white flight that are loving poo poo up. And the source of the chud kids because either they were indoctrinated by their parents, and the isolated and insular nature of these places they won't improve because they have no asperations to go away to university, and when they do its to Aryan Nation Bible College.

Back on my USAF service for a sec: this reminds me of when I spent my first two years stationed in the UK. We were at a small base not far from London. So we're in a different country, only a short drive from one of the globe's most amazing capital cities. And even the small town just outside the base was pretty nice too...and yet, I knew more than a few Americans who literally spent their entire time just hanging out with other Americans, on the same base, never once going out and experiencing a different culture or meeting different people. I mean, we had a variety of wonderful beers at many different pubs, and these fuckers were still drinking Budweiser. There's no hope for people like that, their minds are closed and no amount of reaching out to them would convince them to drink a better beer help find some workable middle ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Back on my USAF service for a sec: this reminds me of when I spent my first two years stationed in the UK. We were at a small base not far from London. So we're in a different country, only a short drive from one of the globe's most amazing capital cities. And even the small town just outside the base was pretty nice too...and yet, I knew more than a few Americans who literally spent their entire time just hanging out with other Americans, on the same base, never once going out and experiencing a different culture or meeting different people. I mean, we had a variety of wonderful beers at many different pubs, and these fuckers were still drinking Budweiser. There's no hope for people like that, their minds are closed and no amount of reaching out to them would convince them to drink a better beer help find some workable middle ground.

My brother and his wife went to Scotland/Ireland a few years ago (before the reign of Trump) and he was initially worried that everyone would hate Americans but he said every single person they met was just so incredibly friendly and welcoming, they had a really awesome time

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Shanghaied posted:

Half of the US population still thinks Born in the USA is about how awesome Murica is.

Born in the USA is about how awesome Murica is.

E: not very

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...

Another Bill posted:

Even Ontario medical experts are a bit baffled as to why things are going so well COVID-wise fwiw. We have a high vaccinated rate and a mask mandate, including all kids in schools, and we're beating the best case scenarios of our provincial modeling.

Alberta is borderline apocalyptic right now.

I think a huge part of it is how many people follow the mandates put in place, both vaccination and masks, and Alberta and Saskatchewan are the lowest in the country by both metrics. The only provinces in the country with less than 70 per cent of their people vaccinated, and coincidently, just absolutely loaded with chuds.
Both Premiers went all in on 'now it's a matter of personal responsibility' a couple months ago and a third of both provinces said 'nah, I'm not that kind of person' and here we are today.
The most pathetic thing is there's not a single reason or excuse for it that hasn't been debunked and disproven a million times over. But these assholes just won't listen or take any steps they aren't absolutely forced to, and it's not getting better. The sacks of poo poo aren't changing their minds or improving things in the numbers that need to happen.
Now there's talk that unless poo poo gets sorted and numbers fall quickly by the middle of the month, here in Saskatchewan at least there will be a hard shutdown. No sports, no gatherings of any kind, all the awful stuff we dealt with back at the beginning of this. We just went back to masks and people lost their minds, and Moe was a breath away from calling the antivaxxers and deniers loving idiots at a live press conference.
And the best part of all?
I bet you could slam in any red state's name in that screed above and it would fit perfectly.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
The irony of chuds loving to play “Fortunate Son” at their rallies and MAGA events when the lyrics are about as unambiguous as you can possibly get is always good for a hearty lol.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

The irony of chuds loving to play “Fortunate Son” at their rallies and MAGA events when the lyrics are about as unambiguous as you can possibly get is always good for a hearty lol.

Almost as hilarious as Trump playing the world's most famous gay anthem at all his rallies

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Count down to firing

https://twitter.com/TizzyEnt/status/1444121883998310409

I'm in the military, I can do what I want!

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Sydney Bottocks posted:

It's why whenever someone comes in here concern trolling about "maybe you should try understanding them :smug:", that you know they're just concern trolling, because how do you relate to some wannabe alpha male chud who has a giant fuckoff truck and enough guns to equip a small paramilitary force, and whose parents continued to enable them right into their adult lives? How do you feel empathy for someone that had a lot of breaks growing up, but continues to say poo poo like "black people have it so much easier"? How do you look at some chud foaming at the mouth as they storm the Capitol, or some Karen ranting at store workers and cops about having to wear a mask, and go "maybe if we understood where they're coming from we could reach a middle ground"?

Besides, we do know where they're coming from and what they want. They want to have laws and consequences apply to everyone but them. They want all the breaks in life and those same breaks denied to others. They want to be treated like the universe revolves around them. They have a breathtaking narcissism that's borne of a deep insecurity: that they're not actually as wonderful or special as they want to believe they are. Is it any wonder that so many of them imprinted upon Trump like they were baby ducks?
Was it someone here who said, We outnumber them. THEY should try be trying to understand US.

Anyway, I feel like I understand them well enough to know that what they want is to destroy us, and after Jan 6 I just stopped caring.

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
I think this is just basic human bullshit.

I don’t have power.
I want power.
If I actually have power I want more power.
If your power gets in the way of my power, I’ll take your power.
The only way to take power is to de-humanize/de-patriotize anyone not contributing to my power.

All we’re missing at this point is monkeys screaming at each other and throwing poo poo*

*see Fox News.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1444325523220361222

15 percent of the people huff their own farts.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

The Last Call posted:

Count down to firing

This dude is the Liam Neeson of chud hunting.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Humanity: there is no bottom.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Outrail posted:

Born in the USA is about how awesome Murica is.

E: not very

Born in the USA is a great song. It really is, and the fact that even Ronald Reagan heard it and went “yeah America rules” tells you everything you need to know about Republicans and their patron saint.

The Boss is awesome in general btw, to the point of cancelling shows when states started to set up anti-trans laws during his 2016 tour.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

This dude is the Liam Neeson of chud hunting.

lmao being in the military means you give up a shitload of freedoms that non enlisted people have. your friggin 1st amendment rights pretty much go right out the window.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

The Last Call posted:

Count down to firing

That’s a very drunk pregnant lady, isn’t it?

That kid is so hosed, it’s not even funny.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Want to set some conservatives into meltdown? I give you.........

Jesus!

It was crafted using artificial intelligence, combining traditional iconography and what we know about his ethnicity, and culture for the time and region.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Jesus was great in the Green Knight

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

funeral home DJ posted:

That’s a very drunk pregnant lady, isn’t it?

That kid is so hosed, it’s not even funny.

How else do you expect them to grow their voter base?

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

lol at their sources. freeworldnews.tv and christianitydaily.com, the cornerstones of truth. genuinely insane people

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Frank Frank posted:

chud hunting.

You're never gonna keep him down.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Isn’t the predominant theory “Jesus” as an actual individual never existed?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1444354090301988864

Being a lovely human being has consequences.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Its true. Instagram and Facebook showed up on my doorstep, kicked me in the dick and took my guns. They are super mean.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sydney Bottocks posted:

And that's a hardy lol that they don't want to go to one of the places in the world that isn't to different than what they're used to. gently caress these guys who don't want to change, lets stop worrying about them and let them stay in the past. Its not worth the effort and pain.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

The Last Call posted:

Jesus!

It was crafted using artificial intelligence, combining traditional iconography and what we know about his ethnicity, and culture for the time and region.

I'd let him bless my holy spirit

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
People with co-morbidities refusing to get the vaccine is amazing

Being over 50 is a co-morbidity.

"A small touch of heart disease" jfc

HE'S MISSING A LUNG

Also sharing this because I couldn't find one where someone was having people pray for her husband for the scarring in his lungs to heal and in the comments someone said "oh honey, the scarring IS the healing" and that just stuck with me. The guy had also been intubated for six weeks and he was almost certainly braindead.

The Last Call posted:

Jesus!

He looks nice.

trickybiscuits fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Oct 2, 2021

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Isn’t the predominant theory “Jesus” as an actual individual never existed?

There's not much proof one way or the other. He might have existed, but there aren't any written records from his lifetime. The earliest gospel (Mark) was written 30-40 years after Jesus' death, so god only knows if any of it is true.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

The Last Call posted:

Jesus!

It’s a neat experiment (and we’ll never know how he actually looked so why the hell not) but iconographic history would likely not be very helpful at all. To my knowledge there are zero references to his appearance in the earliest known sources of his life, and I’d wager that the general appearances on display through Christian art has its ultimate origin from some Christian dude just making shot up, alternately, cribbing from some other source (I.e. taking the likeness of another person and attributing it to Jesus).

Sorry early Christian history is my ja

Also virtually every historian with any meaningful insight into the subject agrees that Jesus existed. As to the nature and particulars of that existent, there’s much debate, naturally.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Shanghaied posted:

Half of the US population still thinks Born in the USA is about how awesome Murica is.

I was watching some old-school territory rasslin' from the late 1980s and I was irrationally irritated when one of the big all-American babyfaces (not Hulk Hogan, though) would come out to that song like it was some big patriotic rallying cry

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
thats cool my jam is (grapes)

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Bob Quixote posted:

Don't most of the folks that join the military tend to come from the places that want to secede, and may not be as inclined to bomb the poo poo out of those places as they are a foreign country though?

Not that I actually think a civil war is remotely possible at the moment since none of the people advocating for it are actual high ranking active duty military people with access to all the fancy stuff, but I am not sure how well one would actually go if the army was turned on US civilians, even if they were traitors. Wouldn't there be defections at some point?

No, because when it gets right down to it, the sort of true believer types you're describing who join the police or military will overwhelmingly side with the system which legitimizes their petty power and authority over their families, neighbors, and communities.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Aardvark! posted:

thats cool my jam is (grapes)

Mom, I wanna (grapes).

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

CPA Hell posted:

But even then, you are getting the bottom of the barrel. Look at the background of many of them. Mechanics who didn’t qualify to be an infantryman. Cops with spotty records and no commendations. Yes theres the occasional green beret or navy SEAL, but they are tools without guidance. Most are people that are only marginally effective when they are part of a much more larger and cohesive organization.

On Jan 6th they made it into their objective and once they were met with legal force they retreated, milled around, and lost their purpose. I’m not saying they are not dangerous, they are a mob and are dangerous. But they lack all of the qualities for any sort of sustained engagement or longer campaign. We’ll continue having the cold civil war with all the cosplay and occasional violent flare ups but they lack the ability to wage a real war.

Remember when a bunch of proto chuds took over the wildlife refuge and completely wrecked it by breaking into all the artifacts and loving them over, bulldozing a trench to poo poo in but poo poo everywhere else instead, all while people mailed them dildos and those poo poo inducing gummy bears?

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

BigglesSWE posted:

It’s a neat experiment (and we’ll never know how he actually looked so why the hell not) but iconographic history would likely not be very helpful at all. To my knowledge there are zero references to his appearance in the earliest known sources of his life, and I’d wager that the general appearances on display through Christian art has its ultimate origin from some Christian dude just making shot up, alternately, cribbing from some other source (I.e. taking the likeness of another person and attributing it to Jesus).

Sorry early Christian history is my ja

Also virtually every historian with any meaningful insight into the subject agrees that Jesus existed. As to the nature and particulars of that existent, there’s much debate, naturally.

If it pisses off the chuds, and it will, then I'm all for handsome Jesus being posted everywhere as a response to thoughts and prayer warriors. From now on this is true Jesus in my book! History be damned!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Gutter Phoenix posted:

There's not much proof one way or the other. He might have existed, but there aren't any written records from his lifetime. The earliest gospel (Mark) was written 30-40 years after Jesus' death, so god only knows if any of it is true.

You forget the earliest letters of Paul, which, while after Jesus’ death, is almost certainly the earliest Christian writing in existence. Of note is the fact that in one of the indisputably “real” Pauline letters, he makes mention of personally meeting James, the brother of Christ, which the context makes clear is meant to be understood as his physical, real life brother from the same mother.

One could ofc argue that Paul is lying about it but James the brother of Christ appears in other sources so it is at least conceivable that there was a Jesus who had a brother named James.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat

If I owned a landline, and was dumb enough to answer the phone, and somehow didn't hang up right away, and then the person asked me if Satan-worshipping paedophiles run the government, media and finance, I would totally say yes.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Apparently someone flew plane sized tvs into them then? Cuz shittons of people saw it personally.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
CEOs are at their wits’ end — they don’t know how to get their employees back in

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/01/ceos-are-at-their-wits-ends-dont-know-how-to-get-employees-back-in.html

CEOs are at their wits’ end to figure out how to get their employees back into the office as high levels of Covid infections persist 18 months into the pandemic. That’s the sentiment shared by CNBC’s David Faber and Jim Cramer, who regularly speak with business leaders about return-to-work challenges.

“I continue to hear a litany of frustration from those who run large organizations in terms of their inability to get people back in the office,” Faber said Friday in an exchange with his “Squawk on the Street” co-host Cramer. “I had a lunch and a dinner last night,” Faber said. “It’s just a never-ending theme. Some of these CEOs are at their wits’ end as how they deal with it. ‘How do I get people back in.’”

Cramer said possible approval of a new Covid antiviral pill from Merck and Ridgeback Biotherapeutics could be the “game changer we’ve been looking for” to get people who are worried about getting sick at work less fearful to go into the office. Pfizer and Swiss pharmaceutical Roche are also racing to develop Covid drugs.

“A lot of the times when you speak with companies that are involved in the supply chain, the issue is absenteeism,” Cramer said. “People are scared. Maybe if this makes it so you’re less scared, you’re going to show up to work.”

Corporate America has been grappling, in fits and starts as cases fluctuate, with how to safely bring their employees back to work and whether to impose vaccine mandates.

On Friday, PwC announced it will allow all U.S. employees, nearly 40,000 of them, who can telework the ability to work virtually from anywhere in the continental United States moving forward.
Many big technology names including Apple, Amazon, Alphabet’s Google, Facebook and Microsoft have postponed their return-to-work plans.
Salesforce co-founder and CEO Marc Benioff said Tuesday, “We’re not all going back” to the office. CEOs of large companies call him and say they want their employees to return to the office, Benioff said, in an on-stage interview at the Code Conference in Beverly Hills, California. Benioff previously told CNBC he expects 50% to 60% of Salesforce employees to work from home even after the pandemic.
Wall Street financial firms have largely recalled their office workers, with many of them on hybrid schedules. Goldman Sachs is also requiring employees to be vaccinated in order to return to offices, following similar edicts from Morgan Stanley and Citigroup.

The jog situation has truly changed much to the shock of businesses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The Last Call posted:

Jesus!

Bin Laden?