Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

goblin week posted:

well Rude Tales of Magic manages to do that

Branson Reese could build an entire world if you just let him talk for an hour straight. Dude has a seriously chaotic imagination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

"Coyotes howl in the distance..."
"What are they saying?"
"One's yelling 'I just became a father!' and the others are responding 'Congratulations!' 'It'll change your life in the best way!'"

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
“The pond is buzzing with frogs”

“What are they saying?”

“I WANNA FUUUUUUUUUUUCK!”

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Squad!

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Devo's impassioned "NO YOU IDIOTS IF YOU SAY HI TO THE WORM IT WILL JUST WANT TO EAT US" monologue may be the best thing I've heard Travis do in The Adventure Zone.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

docbeard posted:

Devo's impassioned "NO YOU IDIOTS IF YOU SAY HI TO THE WORM IT WILL JUST WANT TO EAT US" monologue may be the best thing I've heard Travis do in The Adventure Zone.

It's true, it was actually good. I hope he can continue this, as it's a big improvement on just saying "I am good at oratory and rhetoric", as Travis McElroy is in fact not

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Ok Comboomer posted:

I’m p sure that guys a Previa_fun alt, just ignore them both

That's some impressive paranoia/denial that maybe two different people can actually think turning everything into doomer politics is lame.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Previa_fun posted:

That's some impressive paranoia/denial that maybe two different people can actually think turning everything into doomer politics is lame.

nobody cares what you two think

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I mean I was ready to drop it but since comboomer keeps being aggro about it, I don't actually care at all that they commented on it or the comment itself, I was just genuinely confused that people thought it was exclusively poor food at first then comboomer's response to me was extremely weird so I rolled my eyes at it. that's the extent to which I wanted to be involved in this very stupid and not even related to the mcelroys conversation but here we are on the next page.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Colonel Whitey posted:

I mean I was ready to drop it but since comboomer keeps being aggro about it, I don't actually care at all that they commented on it or the comment itself, I was just genuinely confused that people thought it was exclusively poor food at first then comboomer's response to me was extremely weird so I rolled my eyes at it. that's the extent to which I wanted to be involved in this very stupid and not even related to the mcelroys conversation but here we are on the next page.

cool cool, apparently I’m being “extremely weird” by noticing obvious things that have been noticed by a gorillion people before me

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
Guys my loving 9 year old came home from school singing berries and cream today. Apparently it’s going around his school like crazy.

Wtf has Justin done

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Besties is going start releasing Chris and Russ only episodes on teusdays just talking about games they have played and can’t fit into the Friday show. Same feed as the main show.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
That sounds cool, they’ve had enough variable host episodes that I don’t think it’ll be weird without the McElroys.

Also BDG update, hopefully this means we’ll be hearing big stuff from him!
https://twitter.com/briamgilbert/status/1443964202213908490?s=21

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Gann Jerrod posted:

That sounds cool, they’ve had enough variable host episodes that I don’t think it’ll be weird without the McElroys.

Also BDG update, hopefully this means we’ll be hearing big stuff from him!
https://twitter.com/briamgilbert/status/1443964202213908490?s=21

According to his and Karen's websites/twitters, they're working on an upcoming Netflix series.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Teddybear posted:

According to his and Karen's websites/twitters, they're working on an upcoming Netflix series.

Oh wow both of them? Thought it was just Karen. Do we know anything about it? Animated or live action?

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

He's such an animated person it would be an utter shame to force an artist to try to capture it. Good on em'.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
I feel like BDG could have a long career of voiceover cameos/one-offs on any number of cartoons if he wanted it, recurring/cast roles too but I imagine that’s a bit divergent from where his career appears to be moving atm

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

His career at the moment is basically hundreds of people send him about ten thousand dollars a month to put out one three minute video a month right?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

John Wick of Dogs posted:

His career at the moment is basically hundreds of people send him about ten thousand dollars a month to put out one three minute video a month right?

yeah pretty much

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ok Comboomer posted:

yeah pretty much

Tom Rogers is a much better investment. Only one video every ten months but it's five hours long

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Well he did live in NYC and now LA so that's how much above getting by?

I honestly have no idea other than those are expensive as gently caress places to try to live.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Well he did live in NYC and now LA so that's how much above getting by?

I honestly have no idea other than those are expensive as gently caress places to try to live.

No clue how much of a cut Patreon takes or how it's taxed, but a steady $120,000 income is certainly above water in either of those places. You aren't in house-buying territory, but you're not living in a shoebox either.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Brian started at about 70K at Polygon according to a Twitter thread he posted irt to salaries, something only achievable thanks to the Vox union's pay floor. Typical media salary in NYC is like ~50kish (if that, I know people full time at Bustle etc who never cracked 40), 120k is "head editor" money. That's a pretty comfortable salary even here.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

70k seems like peanuts for NYC, it’s not much in most places in California either.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Colonel Whitey posted:

70k seems like peanuts for NYC, it’s not much in most places in California either.

There's a big difference between living in LA and owning a home and sending kids to private school in LA money.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Colonel Whitey posted:

It depends how you define "success", but that's well above poverty for a single person renting in Brooklyn with roommates, and into "being able to start paying off loans and saving for retirement" territory.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Yeah it’s enough to live on, but if you need to have roommates to make it work I’d say it qualifies as “not a lot of money”

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Which is why I qualified definitions of success, but the idea that you're only successful as a home owner is outdated. We'd have to go into how the entire housing industry is broken, that no one aside from millionaires "owns" a home in NYC, and that even people making over $70k in places like Georgia are finding it hard to buy a home now due to predatory speculation to really get into this, though.

EDIT: And even aside from that, there are studios in the city that go for like $2k a month, which is doable on $70k, though not the best. So even if your only qualifier is whether you have roommates, that's still possible there.

Poor Miserable Gurgi fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Oct 2, 2021

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Colonel Whitey posted:

Yeah it’s enough to live on, but if you need to have roommates to make it work I’d say it qualifies as “not a lot of money”

yeah adults should not have to have roommates to afford housing

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Colonel Whitey posted:

It always fucks me up to read sentences like that from a second world country because that’s basically unimaginable wealth around here. One percent poo poo. 😔

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Yeah our country is fuckin stupid

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Yeah, that's a crazy amount of money.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

These idiots

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DvkBwmgK3k

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
That reminds me, how was the most recent live show? There are still a few more days to listen so I’m considering buying it.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
Oh hey, I guess there was a second Hootenanny that I completely missed. Really liked the first one, I should go look up the next.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Zeeman posted:

That reminds me, how was the most recent live show? There are still a few more days to listen so I’m considering buying it.

Not as good as Summer Boys (the last live show) but still pretty good. Lots of bits.

Skip Sawbones though.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I can only hope BDG is actually moving to Ventura County, so I can see him going into the whole foods at the collection while I'm going to the annex for Nashville chicken and waffles on a stick.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

RandomPauI posted:

I can only hope BDG is actually moving to Ventura County, so I can see him going into the whole foods at the collection while I'm going to the annex for Nashville chicken and waffles on a stick.

I like that you don't even want the chance to meet him, or maybe end up with mutual friends somehow. Just observe him from afar like a cryptid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The yard you have to cross to get from parasocial to social is just lousy with rakes.