Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

S.W.O.R.D. #8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Endless Mike posted:

S.W.O.R.D. #8

Body horror warning on that one, goddamn. I don't even know what is going on with her.

Sinatrapod
Sep 24, 2007

The "Latin" is too dangerous, my queen!

I love how "Oh poo poo, they gave Storm a knife!" is such a long-running thing. Some people forget that while most of the X-Men were lost and confused teenagers when Xavier scooped them up, Storm was busy being some kind of local demigoddess with 20 years of taking no crap under her belt.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I was reading SWORD and almost laughed out loud when what's his name took Storm's powers thinking she'd immediately concede.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Kurt spent so much time around Wolverine that he forgot that getting stabbed nonlethally is still extremely painful.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
... I don't think I ever noticed the large chain running between Callisto's legs. That's probably uncomfortable when sitting.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Callisto, much like Batman, never sits.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Sinatrapod posted:

I love how "Oh poo poo, they gave Storm a knife!" is such a long-running thing. Some people forget that while most of the X-Men were lost and confused teenagers when Xavier scooped them up, Storm was busy being some kind of local demigoddess with 20 years of taking no crap under her belt.

There's a great scene in Marauders where Callisto meets up with them. She throws a knife at Storm, who catches it, then hug and say hi. Pyro is watching open-mouthed and says something like "They just throw knives at each other's faces! No wonder we never beat them." Everyone forgets how badass Storm is.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nilbop posted:

Body horror warning on that one, goddamn. I don't even know what is going on with her.
Tarn the Uncaring challenges Storm to a fight in the Circle. Arakko rules are that you fight until someone yields or dies. Tarn immediately changes her DNA to remove her powers and turn her into an earthworm hybrid thing. But Storm's actual powers are that she'll gently caress you up with a knife.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

10 Beers posted:

There's a great scene in Marauders where Callisto meets up with them. She throws a knife at Storm, who catches it, then hug and say hi. Pyro is watching open-mouthed and says something like "They just throw knives at each other's faces! No wonder we never beat them." Everyone forgets how badass Storm is.

Which makes the whole 'Madeline Pryor was making Cyclops hold back in the fight' explanation annoying as anything.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Dawgstar posted:

Which makes the whole 'Madeline Pryor was making Cyclops hold back in the fight' explanation annoying as anything.

Maddie made him hold back. Turns out she didn't need to.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
People don't seem to love Donny Cates's Thor run, but I think this panel of Freya wrecking monsters while riding a cat mounted with gatling guns fits the thread critieria.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

:shrug: I don't know who these people are or what's going on.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Yeah, should've provided some context. Its from Redfork. Our friend on the left is trapped in a mining accident. The fella on the right was already down there waiting for some company. Basically everything about the composition/color of that panel gives me the creeps even without the dialogue.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Sinatrapod posted:

Nightcrawler, buddy, I love ya but she can beat his rear end without taking his life. An oath not to kill is not an oath to do no harm.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I know the art is a little fugly but Callisto is all girl

10 Beers posted:

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Oct 2, 2021

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

S.W.O.R.D (2020) #8.

It just keeps hapenning to storm

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

A secondary knife-attracting mutation

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Infinitum posted:

Her alternative code name is Magneta.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Her farewell issue in Marauders is fun because it's structured around everybody else making bets about how many knives she has on her at a given time, and telling stories of their formative Storm encounters.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

How Wonderful! posted:

Her farewell issue in Marauders is fun because it's structured around everybody else making bets about how many knives she has on her at a given time, and telling stories of their formative Storm encounters.

Are the answers to that
-Yes, and somehow always enough knives for the situation
-Immediately gave me the impression she is ready 24/7 to shank a mf

The other hot question is
where does she keep them

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Are the answers to that
-Yes, and somehow always enough knives for the situation
-Immediately gave me the impression she is ready 24/7 to shank a mf

where does she keep them

She constantly has a knife storm above her,just waiting to fire it downwards.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Rigged Death Trap posted:

where does she keep them

At least one's in her ponytail.

I got the impression reading that comic that about 90% of the reason she switched to her current full-coverage bodysuit is that it gives her more places to keep hidden knives.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
It's actually a secondary mutation that she's told no one about.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Skulk Hogan posted:

Yeah, should've provided some context. Its from Redfork. Our friend on the left is trapped in a mining accident. The fella on the right was already down there waiting for some company. Basically everything about the composition/color of that panel gives me the creeps even without the dialogue.

If it helps I got it and Ive never heard of the comic

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Yeah, it's a creepy as hell panel regardless of the context.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Makes sense to post it here in the creepy panels thread then

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

If you dont think creepy monsters are badass I weep for you.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Please tell me the next panel is Bishop handing Pyro a knife.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

She can control the weather. Sometimes that means summoning rain, or snow. Other times, freak rains of fish. Or knives. Same principal. Some day she'll summon a sharknado. It's weather.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Herodotus called it the Knife of Ororrocles.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Hero Academia Vigilantes #111

Powerless brawler hero Knuckle-Duster has had a rough time. Once a promising speedster hero, he had his superpower stolen and ruined his own life. His drinking and self-destructive behaviour drove his wife and daughter away. But in his aging years, he's trying really hard to make up for it.

Throughout the series, he's been tracking his former student, nicknamed Experiment #6, who stole his powers, and their last clash left Knuckle-duster permanently on crutches and missing an eye. This time he won't miss.

Far away, his kid.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

One Piece - Chapter 148

L <- R

Old school One Piece is the loving best.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Marauders #20

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Is that Bishop? Why is he dressed like Lil Nas X?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Because when Marvel Studios people are combing the books for pre-production they want a relatively contemporary look to draw from instead of the Achy Breaky Hart hair and blue/gold uniform. It's weird that they shaved like 10 years off his face and downsized his build though.

Marauders has been a weird and honestly pretty lovely book. 50% good redesigns and 50% #girlboss posturing but it forgot to have anything resembling a plot.

This issue with Storm came after literally a year of her barely doing anything other than whine about Kitty's safety and it reads sequentially as "oh poo poo we both haven't actually done any stories with the characters being anti-trafficking pirates and I just got word from editorial that Storm's getting pulled from my cast. Better do a quick issue of flashbacks to make up for all the time I spent avoiding interesting stories or character moments."

Looks nice in isolate though.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ManiacClown posted:

Is that Bishop? Why is he dressed like Lil Nas X?

He's the Red Bishop (yes, I know) to Kate's Red Queen

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
From Sanda, a wholesome Christmas manga from the Beastars creator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Sanda is so loving weird and I'm totally down for it.