Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Please don't fist small garf.

Frank Frank posted:

I seriously wonder what the target audience for Garfield is. It’s painfully unfunny and like 3-4 panels. Is it just octogenarian weirdos that think that it’s supposed to be funny?

I liked Garfield as a young person, before the strip became passé. Probably because Garfield is fat, lazy and overeats, so I could identify.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Garfield Eats is babytown frolics, I'm the world's youngest licensee of Riffraff Fucks

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Cathy Doesn't Eat

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Cathy Doesn't Eat

Ack!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

There's been no updates on any of the social accounts since the "big announcement", I'm starting to think it was just that he found a place where he could rent that big Garfield costume.

But while researching it, have we discovered this yet? https://entergage.ca/

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

steinrokkan posted:

In a better world we would get Piff & Herculé Eats!, based on the popular multimedia cartoon franchise operated by the Communist Party of France

...and you learn something new every day!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Knormal posted:

There's been no updates on any of the social accounts since the "big announcement", I'm starting to think it was just that he found a place where he could rent that big Garfield costume.

Well now I’m, well, you know.

edit: entergaged

Last Chance fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Oct 3, 2021

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Knormal posted:

quote:

Entergage brings you the Hollywood magical experience & creates memories in the palm of your hands with your favorite cartoons from food to retail at your convenience.

That sure is a sentence

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Elephant Ambush posted:

That sure is a sentence

I mean sure yeah, so long as the cartoons you want are Garfield or Scooby Doo. You want Marmaduke you are poo poo out of luck pal.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Frank Frank posted:

I mean sure yeah, so long as the cartoons you want are Garfield or Scooby Doo. You want Marmaduke you are poo poo out of luck pal.
He seems to be trying to start up some kind of unregulated licensed character Etsy, this is also linked from his main page as one of his "brands": https://egeez.com/ I can't tell what it's supposed to do, but my best interpretation is that if you want to sell Marmaduke Commemorative Plates you can use this company as some kind of middleman to get permission from the rights holders, or if you own Marmaduke you can sign up with this site to sell stuff directly rather than using your own store for some reason?

Awful lot of licensed characters on that site. Sadly the videos on the page are broken, because I really want to watch this.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
What capitalist scum lol. Just inserting himself as an unnecessary middleman for poo poo that doesn’t exist or need to exist ever

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

What capitalist scum lol. Just inserting himself as an unnecessary middleman for poo poo that doesn’t exist or need to exist ever

while what you say is true can we not go all politics forums on nathen and just laugh at his idiocy without bringing wider societal concerns into tt

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

while what you say is true can we not go all politics forums on nathen and just laugh at his idiocy without bringing wider societal concerns into tt

Although I agree this shouldn't be a D&D thread, it's hard to discuss Nathen's bizarre bullshit without putting it into context of who he is and how he acts.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

If only there were a way to buy dolls on the internet...

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
So what you're saying is that you want a Nathen doll.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

So what you're saying is that you want a Nathen doll.

Only if it's fully licensed!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Knormal posted:

He seems to be trying to start up some kind of unregulated licensed character Etsy, this is also linked from his main page as one of his "brands": https://egeez.com/ I can't tell what it's supposed to do, but my best interpretation is that if you want to sell Marmaduke Commemorative Plates you can use this company as some kind of middleman to get permission from the rights holders, or if you own Marmaduke you can sign up with this site to sell stuff directly rather than using your own store for some reason?

Awful lot of licensed characters on that site. Sadly the videos on the page are broken, because I really want to watch this.

Marvel and Disney are going to love this idea

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Frank Frank posted:

Although I agree this shouldn't be a D&D thread, it's hard to discuss Nathen's bizarre bullshit without putting it into context of who he is and how he acts.

Nature vs. Nurture, eh? You don't think Nathen would be the way he is if his economic upbringing were flipped? (Granted, if he wasn't born into that ethnicity he wouldn't have named the book the way he did...)

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Agent Escalus posted:

Nature vs. Nurture, eh? You don't think Nathen would be the way he is if his economic upbringing were flipped? (Granted, if he wasn't born into that ethnicity he wouldn't have named the book the way he did...)

sounds like someone is committing arabiolosis

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

yr new gurlfrand! posted:

sounds like someone is committing arabiolosis

Maybe. Maybe we all are. Maybe we do it all the time. What the gently caress does that even mean.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Agent Escalus posted:

It's been my experience that a lot of people are born with a repugnant nature that consumes their entire being unless nurtured properly.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
questioning what’s arabiolosis? that’s arabiolosis

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Agent Escalus posted:

Nature vs. Nurture, eh? You don't think Nathen would be the way he is if his economic upbringing were flipped?

It's all in the income-based definition. Rich: eccentric. Middle class: neurotic. Poor: insane.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Knormal posted:

On the main page it's stated that only officially licensed products can be listed. It's meant to be a reselling platform for such vendors (it is stated), with fees, of course. Your guess is as good as mine why Nathen thinks people would buy from this "service" instead of via eBay or Amazon.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Nathen is not bound by "reason". This is Arabiolosis country, baby

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

BigBadSteve posted:

It's all in the income-based definition. Rich: eccentric. Middle class: neurotic. Poor: insane.

Actually, I think he might be healthier, I mean counterfactuals are always weird, but he's probably been indulged and told he's a certified genius with a big brain most of his life. If he'd been forced to get a job moving merchandise on a pallet jack for a few years he probably would've been better off.

Granted assuming he's in the closet being poor and that way might've gotten him killed in the KSA, so he might not be better off at all not being able to run off to the chalet in Canada.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

pseudanonymous posted:

Granted assuming he's in the closet being poor and that way might've gotten him killed in the KSA, so he might not be better off at all not being able to run off to the chalet in Canada.

Did I miss something? Why are we assuming this? I mean I know Garfield is male but that might be a special case.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Did I miss something? Why are we assuming this? I mean I know Garfield is male but that might be a special case.

Idk if you're just shitposting but I'm p sure there's something in his book about him being bi?

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Oh he's openly gay, I think they meant he might be broke and pretending to do fine. For example he seems to only have one suit, the orange one with garfield buttons, and for scooby promotion pics he just photoshopped the color into purple but the buttons are still garfield.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

The Alchemist posted:

Oh he's openly gay, I think they meant he might be broke and pretending to do fine. For example he seems to only have one suit, the orange one with garfield buttons, and for scooby promotion pics he just photoshopped the color into purple but the buttons are still garfield.

Is he really openly gay? I thought he has always danced around the subject.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Frank Frank posted:

Is he really openly gay? I thought he has always danced around the subject.

His whole book's theme was how hard it was growing up gay in UAE. Oprah was his only ally.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

The Alchemist posted:

His whole book's theme was how hard it was growing up gay in UAE. Oprah was his only ally.

Oh wow, didn't know that. I wouldn't have guessed that from the title.

Also LOL you read Nathen's book.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

IIRC he wrote about getting with his german cousin in Lebanon or something. I deserve either a prize or a punishment if I remembered that correctly.

e: Ok a different cousin went to Lebanon but still

"I had no sight of female flesh nearby in Riyadh, as my favorite cousin Safa had left to Beirut, where the daemons cleared the battle for my special destined sexual lifestyle to blossom further. It all started with my German cousin without going to second base. The kiss and smell of his neck made my heart beat faster with overexcitement, but I kept my composure, as I always had an ego that played a part of its own, which soon would grow into disaster.

He was shier than I was as I always had to make the first move. My character was always a strong one where I would always make sure I get what I want; because if I didn't, depression and insecurity would be a consequence. I was a risk taker and a source of trouble, the start of any success in the corporate world. He had caramel soft hair showing his attractive German genetics. I always had a thing for soft, lighter hair than mine, as it is thicker and darker. We attract what we aren't!

We used to call each other from our house line and talk as we waited for one another to say: "Come on over, mom left with my siblings to shop at the mall." We also used to plan sleepovers where midnight was the most intense and erotic moment. The beginner feeling of romance swept us away. We didn't know much!

After 3 years of sinful temptation, they left for Germany for good where adversity hit them - a hideous separation struck their parents, and their father marrying for the second time secretly in Tunisia with a baby step-sister they have never met."

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 5, 2021

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Ugh

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Is this a cultural thing were romance between cousins is unproblematic? I wonder if anyone in his family has read his book where he writes proudly about planning erotic sleepovers with his shy cousin, then segues to how his uncle secretly married his own stepdaughter

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Kevin DuBrow posted:

I wonder if anyone in his family has read his book where he writes proudly about planning erotic sleepovers with his shy cousin, then segues to how his uncle secretly married his own stepdaughter

Nobody has read Arabiolosis, other than the guy who posted an in-depth review of it here

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Each of us are born not having read Arabiolosis and each of us dies having not read Arabiolosis.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
The copy on this book is truly incredible, I had forgotten (emphasis in the original):

quote:

Nathen Mazri has become like a prisoner for injustice, like a soldier fighting for his life, and like a survivor thriving out of the kingdom for his freedom. All Nathen wanted was to feel alive.

Nathen, a young Arab-Canadian man is leaving Laval in the French province of Quebec with his family to settle in a soon to be discovered a tyrannical kingdom of Arabia in the middle of the desert sinking his soul in monotony, an unspoken epidemic, and defeated by suppression for over 12 years of his life lingering with broken dreams, Scoliosis, sexual identity crisis, bipolar disease, and the struggle to claim true elusive love.

THE MOST SHOCKING REVELATION NEVER BEEN TOLD BEFORE

Destiny is all-knowing, all-mysterious putting Nathen’s will to succeed and survive as a thinking species rather than a feeling species into test.

This self-help memoir will empower you with the laws to self-reflection, self-awareness, and self introspection involving critical thinking even under the most suppressed circumstances as these are the golden keys of life.

THE EVOLUTION OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY HAS UNFORTUNATELY TURNED THE HOMO SAPIENS FROM THINKING SPECIES INTO FEELING SPECIES.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Reading Arabiolosis? That’s an Arabiolosis.

Not reading Arabiolosis? You better believe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Kevin DuBrow posted:

I wonder if anyone in his family has read his book where he writes proudly about planning erotic sleepovers with his shy cousin, then segues to how his uncle secretly married his own stepdaughter

I read it as his uncle went and got re-married, had a child with his new wife, and the uncle’s existing children haven’t met the baby.

But it’s Nathen, so who loving knows for sure.

Also, I am certain that Nathen gave his parents a copy of the book and they put it on the bookshelf and have never, ever opened it.