Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Vargo posted:

Wallace the Brave

Spud is what you get when Calvin has healthy social relationships. The Fight Club thing still happens but it's more of a side show and his life doesn't revolve around it in a toxic way.

Wallace is a good friend is what I'm saying :unsmith:

Also lmao Sterling

Crabgrass

Support Tauhid's Patreon here.

Old School Peanuts (Jan 17-18, 1953)

Calvin and Hobbes (Jan 29-Feb 1, 1990)

Blind Alley

https://kumerish.com/blind-alley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Julet Esqu posted:

I'm glad they took the time to unstack the bunk beds in the middle of their argument. Tidiness counts!

The bunk beds were only stacked hypothetically.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Uramachi Sakaba

Chako

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Thranguy posted:

The bunk beds were only stacked hypothetically.

I looked and there is a panel with the beds stacked. I suppose it's possible it was meant to be Stef's imagination or something, though if that's the case then a thought bubble would have been nice.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "294 - Jucika And The Discreet Waiter"

"Vígszínház=Comedy Theatre Of Budapest
Záróra=Closing Time
Nemzeti Színház=National Theatre
Holnap Folytatjuk=We'll pick it up tomorrow"

"295 - Jucika And Santa"

"Télapó is actually Ded Moroz-a figure similar to Father Christmas/Santa Claus"

"Ded Moroz is a legendary figure similar to Saint Nicholas, Father Christmas and Santa Claus who has his roots in Slavic mythology. The tradition of Ded Moroz is mostly spread in East Slavic countries and is an important part of Russian culture. Although at the beginning of the Soviet era communist authorities banned Ded Moroz he soon became an important part of the Soviet culture. The literal translation is "Grandpa Frost".

Ded Moroz is depicted as bringing presents to well-mannered children, often delivering them in person in December days and secretly under the Christmas tree on night at 31 December on New Year's Eve. In East Slavic cultures, Ded Moroz is accompanied by Snegurochka, his granddaughter and helper."

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Doomykins posted:

"295 - Jucika And Santa"

confirmed: the reason Santa is jolly is because he knows where all the naughty girls live

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Jucika is great.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
I decided last week to start going short on Saturdays. All the other times that happened this week were purely by accident.

Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Peanuts (October 5, 1974)

The Funky Winkerbean Salute To The Ghost Of Your Long-Departed Youth

Oh, For gently caress's Sake, Another Week Of This?

This started out as a solipsistic reflection on how the world we once knew is dead, and now it's threatening to turn into something zany, and I can't decide which is worse.

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (May 4 (be with you), 1938)

Out Our Way (June 28-30, 1937)

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
And He Did! September 26, 1918

Outbursts of Everett True November 14, 1918

Gay and Her Gang November 14, 1929

Oaky Doaks April 16, 1936

Mopsy June 19, 1937

Up Front July 28, 1944

Dark Laughter December 25, 1948

“I told the teacher that my mommer could’nt come to see me in that old Christmus pageant ‘cause she had took sick an’ the old man was out with the Pennsylvania Railroad. Then she said I HAD to bring my Uncle Bootsie. So … If HE took sick …”

Those Were the Days July 5, 1956

Wee Pals January 6, 1966

Dogbert June 15, 1966

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I miss my newspaper job. I did 10 good years at a 75k circulation daily, and now the paper doesn't even exist.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2018 Spiderman

1979 comics

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Footrot Filth

Any pet owner knows exactly how nasty that blanket is.

The Lockhorns

Mandrake

Johnny Hazard

90s Overboard

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Compu-toon

No Fastrack just yet!

No Safe Havens on Sundays!

No Rae the Doe on weekends!

riderchop fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Oct 3, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Slammy posted:

And He Did! September 26, 1918

OK this is getting pretty abstract but I think this is a reference to the Battle of Jutland (1916) where the British Navy's new battlecruisers (lightly armoured battleships intended to be very mobile and maneuverable) underwent their trial by fire and were found extremely wanting as very lax safety maneuvers and lack of fire prevention features led to several ships being lost very quickly and after sustaining light damage.

Vice Admiral Beatty famously (and possibly apocryphally) lamented that "there's something wrong with our bloody ships today", and a lesson was learned: a chicken can't swim like a duck.

I wish all of his WWI strips had been this layered!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Kid Fenris posted:

Rabbits also eat their own poo poo, and I wouldn't put it past this comic to acknowledge that.

They did, actually! Not explicitly, but they did:

Mikl posted:

Classic Kevin & Kell in: knowing is half the battle (October 28 - November 3, 2002)

Again, sorry for missing yesterday. I'm having a difficult few days.

Classic Kevin & Kell in: trouble with bigots (November 10-16, 2003)

People are prejudiced and transphobic. News at eleven.

(No, seriously, showing this kind of prejudice is one thing K&K actually does well.)

Modern Kevin & Kell, yesteday and today.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin
Hasn't updated (wasn't there some alt site for CK that sometimes had missing strips?)

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.

EasyEW posted:

Mutt and Jeff

That silly old joke is really elevated by the concern for beyond the fourth wall. Quaint in the best possible sense. :allears:

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
I don't know why I posted Kevin and Kell last night, my wires got hard crossed from no sleep! Waiting on CK to get Fastrack

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange will not be seen today thanks to Comics Kingdom.

Get Fuzzy 10/2/01

Brenda Starr 4/28-30/47

Smokey Stover 8/22/01

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1946

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (January 4, 2010)

Arlo and Janis Classic (January 4, 2000)

Garfield Classic (January 4, 1990)

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Comics Kingdom seems to be having troubles again today. Which means Bizarro and Family Circus will be delayed, but here's FoxTrot.

FoxTrot

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
No Crabgrass today

Old School Peanuts (Jan 19, 1953)

Calvin and Hobbes (Feb 2-3, 1990)

Blind Alley

https://kumerish.com/blind-alley

That's a weird looking bird. :thunk:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Looks fun on a hot day, not gonna lie

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popcom

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
In today's Blueberry: Jethro gets in a bind, or Jethro gets out of a bind, or Blueberry does what he does best...

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse

Lots of people focus better with background noise, boomer. :argh:

Kennel posted:

Dustin
Hasn't updated (wasn't there some alt site for CK that sometimes had missing strips?)
That would be Arcamax.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Thanks, bookmarked.

Dustin

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

EasyEW posted:

I guess I've never really thought about how a person missing an arm would drive until this moment. Even opening the door to get out of the car would be awkward and inconvenient using your opposite arm to do it, it feels like it'd be easier to get a British car or something with the wheel on the other side. And stuff like putting on your seatbelt, not to mention doing things like backing up, I dunno, it just seems like it'd be really difficult.

None of that has anything to do with the content of the comic itself though of course, which is still absolute poo poo.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

EasyEW posted:

Ungh, every comic that has this "Plain and simple folk versus the big complicated whatever" setup and/or art style makes me want to commit a war crime. It's something about the black oval dots for eyeballs that does it. Mom's Cancer had it bad but I can't be too harsh on it because it was autobiographical and I went through the same thing- the Batiukverse gets no mercy

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Kavak posted:

Ungh, every comic that has this "Plain and simple folk versus the big complicated whatever" setup and/or art style makes me want to commit a war crime. It's something about the black oval dots for eyeballs that does it. Mom's Cancer had it bad but I can't be too harsh on it because it was autobiographical and I went through the same thing- the Batiukverse gets no mercy

If Batiuk were right wing it’d be a Chuck Asay cartoon.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Uramachi Sakaba

Chako

Konoha monkeys are folk art from southern Japan:

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Twelve by Pies posted:

I guess I've never really thought about how a person missing an arm would drive until this moment. Even opening the door to get out of the car would be awkward and inconvenient using your opposite arm to do it, it feels like it'd be easier to get a British car or something with the wheel on the other side. And stuff like putting on your seatbelt, not to mention doing things like backing up, I dunno, it just seems like it'd be really difficult.

None of that has anything to do with the content of the comic itself though of course, which is still absolute poo poo.

Started to look into it, stumbled across this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7osg1ezCIE

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

gleebster posted:

Just for the weekend,
Apartment 3-G or Luis Knows What a Dining Table Is

With a link to the Sunday strip, thanks to a commenter on Old Man Hearst's site: https://www.newspapers.com/clip/86348372/
and
Mary Worth or, Are Dogs Great Enough to Redeem Even Wilbur?

Thanks for posting these! Also: Mary Worth, don't you dare have Wilbur's "chicks dig dogs" plan work! :mad:

F Minus

Mark Trail

The Death of The Phantom

When I die, I want a sad horse nearby.

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

CK hasn't updated for Sunday so I'll get those tomorrow (I assume).

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Kavak posted:

Now I want to see someone do a graphic manga-style of some of Flannery O'Connor's "simple folk versus big city folk" because drat. I am still waiting for Lifetime or Hallmark to make a movie where some country down-to-earth salt of the earth dude or girl heads to the Big City to beg for some loan extension on her family's pinecone hotel, and realizes that holy poo poo, in the city it doesn't take days for the mail to get to you, there's more than one diner in town, holy poo poo WiFi is amazing! The reverse of all their holiday movie crap.

I still remember reading O'connor's "Good Country People" in high school, and the last page or two was a loving great thing.

But to comics topic, I love Robot Mark, and I wish the comic focused on him entirely instead.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

maltesh posted:

Started to look into it, stumbled across this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7osg1ezCIE

Oh hey, that's pretty neat. I didn't even think about hitting the turn signals. Still curious about opening the door and getting out of the car which she didn't cover but I would guess it's probably "pull the handle and push it open with my foot."

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Murdstone posted:

The Death of The Phantom

Aww naaawww cuz, why you gotta die? :smith:

quote:

Dead guy needs a fez and robe.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Murdstone posted:

The Death of The Phantom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9hagVL-__c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo. Savarna gonna be the next Phantom.