Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019
I used to think that I liked wings, but then I realized that I actually just like the sauce and the wings were just a way to deliver the sauce to my mouth. Now one of my favorite snacks is button mushrooms dipped in Buffalo sauce.

Edit: never trust a restaurant that claims to specialize in wings but only has napkins at the tables instead of paper towels.

Dip Viscous has a new favorite as of 01:27 on Oct 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Brawnfire posted:

And even if you think you thought you got all the sauce, your first swipe will smear across the screen

And now it covers more of the screen than it would have in the first place because it turns out the wet nap just kind of thinned it a bit.

I love wings but these days it’s a full trip to the sink to wash my hands before the phone comes out.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Dip Viscous posted:

I used to think that I liked wings, but then I realized that I actually just like the sauce and the wings were just a way to deliver the sauce to my mouth. Now one of my favorite snacks is button mushrooms dipped in Buffalo sauce.

Edit: never trust a restaurant that claims to specialize in wings but only has napkins at the tables instead of paper towels.

You like your dips viscous, eh?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Tryna rewatch Death of Stalin, which we already purchased like a year plus ago, and amazon wants us to buy amazon prime. We will not, amazon! Give movie!

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
When the store hours are posted in the window but the printing is too small to see from my car.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
One of our cats has a kidney infection and keeps doing her business everywhere except her litter box.

Not sure if it counts as a peeve because as annoying and gross as it is, it isn't her fault and she's a perfect beautiful baby who just needs all the love and care.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Regardless of why it's happening or whose fault it is

Cat piss SUCKS SO MUCH

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Chicken in general is mainly useful as s sauce delivery system.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

FreudianSlippers posted:

Chicken in general is mainly useful as s sauce delivery system.

I can confirm that chicken on its own is not great. I used to just bake boneless skinless chicken breasts and eat them with no seasoning when I was feeling exceptionally lazy and needed sustenance and it wasn't very good. It's like when you boil some white rice and just eat that on its own - yeah i'm not hungry anymore, but was it worth it

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

White rice and chicken breast with steamed broccoli and minimum salt is my favorite meal you monster

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

The operative words here being "boneless, skinless", like you chose the absolute most boring-rear end way to carve chicken, of course it's going to be dull and uninspiring.

Go get yourself some thighs, get some dark meat.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

And yeah I'm putting white distilled vinegar all over this poo poo, go gently caress yourself

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

White rice and chicken breast with steamed broccoli and minimum salt is my favorite meal you monster

Well of course if you combine it into a meal it can be good, but I meant just eating each individual component on its own. It's not bad, but it's not good either.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Brawnfire posted:

And yeah I'm putting white distilled vinegar all over this poo poo, go gently caress yourself

Good choice.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I can confirm that chicken on its own is not great. I used to just bake boneless skinless chicken breasts and eat them with no seasoning when I was feeling exceptionally lazy and needed sustenance and it wasn't very good. It's like when you boil some white rice and just eat that on its own - yeah i'm not hungry anymore, but was it worth it

I almost gagged at this post. Oh my god

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

I almost gagged at this post. Oh my god

wait until you taste my cooking

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

How do I tell someone that I hate the way they phrase requests, without coming off like a dick? I don't think I can

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

“Hey I’ll be a bit honest with you, the way you phrased that is a bit confusing to me, can you elaborate more?”

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

No, I mean every time they request something, they words they choose to do so make me want to reflexively refuse.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Brawnfire posted:

No, I mean every time they request something, they words they choose to do so make me want to reflexively refuse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy3rjQGc6lA

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Brawnfire posted:

How do I tell someone that I hate the way they phrase requests, without coming off like a dick? I don't think I can

"Could you rephrase that? Something about it just... bothers me." and give a look that says you know it's crazy but also that it's really not that much to ask.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

People who act like they've been wronged when they were 100% in the wrong. Some dude on the train was fanning himself with a hand fan, taking up twice the space of anyone else and when a schoolkid moved slightly closer to him to let more people on to the train he loving growled at the kid. Like sorry dude, didn't realise you were the only guy traveling on a Tokyo train at rush hour Monday morning who gets to have enough personal space to wave your arms around you entitled rear end in a top hat.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Brawnfire posted:

Are they one of those people that phrase things like they are optional even when they aren't? Or a person that takes a yes/no question and rephrases it so that it can't be answered with yes or no?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

yeah I eat rear end posted:

We know you eat rear end already, you don't have to reiterate

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Dip Viscous posted:

Are they one of those people that phrase things like they are optional even when they aren't? Or a person that takes a yes/no question and rephrases it so that it can't be answered with yes or no?

Yeah, a lot of "Do you wanna (do the thing nobody would ever want to do)?" or asking if you could do/get something "for us" despite them being the sole beneficiary. Gets old! I thankfully don't deal with this too often, but it struck the hell out of me today due to an aggressive headache.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Our sick cat is not grooming bc of her being sick and scared, and I need to brush her and take her matted fur bits out, but that will hurt and make her more upset, and then prolly go pee and/or poo poo under the bed or something bc she is mad at me. Also our largest and oldest of the three keeps yelling at her cuz she's acting all weird and scared. My partner also fosters service puppies and current puppy is a sweetheart who is genuinely concerned at sick cat, but just pisses sick cat off more by trying to be nice.

Also sick cat took a poop on top of the kitchen cabinets to shield herself from shame just as I was writing this, so that's another thing to do cuz I don't want my partner coming home to gross cat smells. These animals, can they just give me a break???

Literally pet peeves.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Brawnfire posted:

"Do you wanna (do the thing nobody would ever want to do)?"
I'd say "No. But I will if you ask me to." And then wait for them to restate the request.

Brawnfire posted:

asking if you could do/get something "for us" despite them being the sole beneficiary.
"For who?"

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva

BalloonFish posted:

Today I'm peeved by the AdSense algorithm and it's various hangers-on.

Yesterday I ordered a new computer chair. Today virtually all the adverts I see online are for computer chairs and I'd say that over half of them are for chairs from the same company that I've just purchased from. Sometimes for the exact same model of chair that I've just bought.

Dumb fucker of an algorithm - couldn't you work out that I'm unlikely to buy an identical product 24hrs after making a purchase? Couldn't you at least flog me something similar like a computer desk or a :krad: gaming PC with too many rainbow-lit fans or something?

Had this happen when I was looking for a replacement part for our vacuum cleaner, I got ads for the place I had bought it from less than a year before advertising the very same model. If something breaks so quickly I don't want to buy another one.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

IIRC, seeing an ad for a product you already own not only makes it more likely that you'll recommend it to a friend, it also makes it more likely that you'll buy another product from the same brand, so it's still worth it to advertise to recent customers.

annoying as gently caress though

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

fizzymercury posted:

I super like tempura vegetables in wing sauce cause it turns out everything I like about wings is sauce. And that's what convinced me to be a vegetarian. Well that and I can't afford meat but really the wing sauce did the heavy lifting.

Dip Viscous posted:

A bit late, but as a wing sauce fan but a wing hater I have a recipe for you: Nashville Hot Tofu Nuggets. A delicious vehicle for wing sauce. Only thing is that you need to double the sauce from the recipe, it's way too little. I'm not vegan so I make it with butter, works well.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Riatsala posted:

IIRC, seeing an ad for a product you already own not only makes it more likely that you'll recommend it to a friend, it also makes it more likely that you'll buy another product from the same brand, so it's still worth it to advertise to recent customers.

annoying as gently caress though

I only see ads two places now, twitch and watching cable at my mom's place. What amazes me is that it's the same drat ads every time. It's an active turnoff. Like, there's a Sonic within walking distance of my apartment, we used to go there, and now I never go there because I see the loving logo and immediately imagine fifteen million annoying Sonic ads from twitch.

The Sonic ones are particularly bad now. It used to always be two wacky people talking about how much they love Sonic, now it's literally faceless, as in the actors are shot from neck down, employees just loving minimum wage fast food jobs.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 17:05 on Oct 4, 2021

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Am I the only one sick of Soyjacks? Unfortunately, the rest of the internet has decided that we need to make more varieties of them, make them ever more hideously distorted, and post them loving everywhere.

It’s not an ideological thing, and I’ve not posted anything that has prompted a Soyjack to be posted in response. They’re just unpleasant to look at. Hopefully soon we’ll look back and say “Hey remember when people thought it was cool to post this hideous rictuses covered in scraggly hair? Dark times, thank god we don’t do that anymore.”

Dear Internet, stop making me look at Soyjacks. Sincerely, Dr Christmas.

*Insert picture of angry crying Wojack*

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017
There's something about linkedin as 'facebook for work' that just drives me up the wall. Like I can look at the job tab or the learning page just fine but I look at the feed and uggghhhhhhh. I think because it's full of corporate idiots, everything that they post needs to be ~*inspiring*~ and ~*life-affirming*~ and I want to claw my eyeballs out. At least on real facebook I have friends with weird senses of humor. Now that I think of it I guess I should just use Indeed for jobhunting :doh:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Dr Christmas posted:

Am I the only one sick of Soyjacks? Unfortunately, the rest of the internet has decided that we need to make more varieties of them, make them ever more hideously distorted, and post them loving everywhere.

It’s not an ideological thing, and I’ve not posted anything that has prompted a Soyjack to be posted in response. They’re just unpleasant to look at. Hopefully soon we’ll look back and say “Hey remember when people thought it was cool to post this hideous rictuses covered in scraggly hair? Dark times, thank god we don’t do that anymore.”

Dear Internet, stop making me look at Soyjacks. Sincerely, Dr Christmas.

*Insert picture of angry crying Wojack*

The problem is these people look like these jacks bc they keep screaming with their mouth open at their YouTube thumbnails

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Kevin Palpatine posted:

There's something about linkedin as 'facebook for work' that just drives me up the wall. Like I can look at the job tab or the learning page just fine but I look at the feed and uggghhhhhhh. I think because it's full of corporate idiots, everything that they post needs to be ~*inspiring*~ and ~*life-affirming*~ and I want to claw my eyeballs out. At least on real facebook I have friends with weird senses of humor. Now that I think of it I guess I should just use Indeed for jobhunting :doh:

The people who get really involved with posting or engaging with all that poo poo are either a) just faking it in order to look good and climb the ladder or b) loving losers who genuinely derive pleasure from it.

Neither is the kind of person you really wanna hang out with.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Related, my husband was doing a webinar the other day after I got home from work. He works from home and his work station is right near my desk so I had the "privilege" of listening to the webinar while browsing the forums and poo poo posting.

It was about "networking" and it was the most disgusting soulless "how to be a corporate ladder climbing toady" poo poo. Like, have an "elevator speech" ready in case you're in an elevator with your superior. Take five minutes to toady up to the big wig! Here's how to turn any social interaction into a way to get a few more rungs on the ladder! Go to a friend's house, not to hang out, but to build your "network"!

It was appalling. I felt like I should take a shower afterwards to wash the oily slick off me. :barf: Husband agreed it was gross. If this is what it takes to get ahead, I'll resign myself to being poor, thanks.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

What gets me is poo poo that tries to play off my fears of not being able to retire. 'you have to do xyz complicated investing poo poo and pay us processing fees for it for even a CHANCE at retiring!'
I'm 27, I'm not going to get to live to retirement age, gently caress off

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Killingyouguy! posted:

I'm 27, I'm not going to get to live to retirement age, gently caress off

Not with that attitude!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Imgur has so many dumbass special days and they feel a need to notify me every time

I'm just trying to look at a drat gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Brawnfire posted:

Imgur has so many dumbass special days and they feel a need to notify me every time

I'm just trying to look at a drat gif

It's pronounced gif