Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Smugworth posted:

why am I not surprised this guy

is actually a creeper

He had to tattoo a note on himself so he wouldn't forget

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Just now realising that that's not John Hinckley Jr.:stare:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Trading R. Kelly for Hinckley Jr is a pretty good trade considering Hinckley’s only crime was missing Reagan’s heart.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Just now realising that that's not John Hinckley Jr.:stare:

You’re thinking of Mark David Chapman.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.tmz.com/2021/09/28/r-kelly-second-chance-redemption-congressman-danny-davis-chicago/

Congressman wants to give him a second chance. I draw the line at offering that for kiddy rapists.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Trading R. Kelly for Hinckley Jr is a pretty good trade considering Hinckley’s only crime was missing Reagan’s heart.

I mean, that's bad enough.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Cartoon Man posted:

https://www.tmz.com/2021/09/28/r-kelly-second-chance-redemption-congressman-danny-davis-chicago/

Congressman wants to give him a second chance. I draw the line at offering that for kiddy rapists.

I have resting picard face anymore

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
This is the sort of thing that brings out the vengeful bloodlust within me and gently caress these fucks for making me have to feel that.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Cartoon Man posted:

This shitbag must be running for some kind of office, because that's the only reason one would do this.

Technically wouldn't this be his third chance?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us9hcIKwiRM&t=69s

after reading these tweets this is all i can think about

Master J Plus
Apr 20, 2010

by Hand Knit
I see piss comin', I run. She saw piss comin', she stayed.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Ok everyone hold the gently caress up, let's first hear what Bill Cosby has to say on this matter before wait how am I not making this up

https://www.bet.com/celebrities/news/2021/09/29/bill-cosby-r-kelly-verdict-comments-railroaded.html

quote:

Sometimes silence is indeed golden. In a Sept. 28 interview with the New York Post, a spokesperson for Bill Cosby said the comedian feels that the now convicted R. Kelly was “railroaded” in his recent sex trafficking trial.

According to Cosby’s representative Andrew Wyatt, the 84-year-old believes that Kelly “was screwed” and “wasn’t going to catch a break” in his federal trial that ended Sept. 27. A Brooklyn jury found the singer guilty on all nine counts of racketeering and sex trafficking.
https://twitter.com/dumbbeezie/status/1443223415087792134

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
that poor old r. kelly, fella just can't catch a break

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'm garbage can Cosby, y'see. I like spouting my opinions, Rudeeeee

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Quote-Unquote posted:

did anyone post parody lyrics to remix to ignition yet?

The SiriusXM station I listen to the most still plays R. Kelly songs and any time Ignition comes on I start singing the Piss On You Remix from Chappelle's Show over it, because I have to. I can't not sing it.

Dave Chappelle is a motherfucking hero for making those songs.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
R. Kelly to Chappelle: "Man, how you gonna make a video about pissin' on people." :mad:

Chappelle to R. Kelly: "Man, how you gonna make a video about pissin' on people?" :v:

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
more like Innocent Kelly

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

This shitbag must be running for some kind of office, because that's the only reason one would do this.

Technically wouldn't this be his third chance?

More like because R Kelly is rich and would pay out the rear end to get out.
Some campaign donations or buying poo poo for his kids, the usual corruption.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Hasn't R. Kelly been broke for awhile now? Pretty sure that's the entire reason he's going to jail.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Anne Whateley posted:

I get your point but you can't pretend to have forgotten Weinstein

Kevin Spacey also faced multiple criminal charges but weirdly his accuser was found dead

Does Kevin Spacey know where to hire assassins?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Vengarr posted:

Does Kevin Spacey know where to hire assassins?

Dude he pushed that lady reporter in front of a subway train and then he was President. Pretty sure he doesn’t need to hire anyone.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Regrettable posted:

Hasn't R. Kelly been broke for awhile now?
lmfao no

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

In 2018 he said he released a song because he couldn't make rent, was evicted from two properties in Atlanta because he couldn't pay $31k in back rent, supposedly couldn't pay $161k in child support, and had an ex-landlord sue for his music royalties because he owed $171k in back rent in Chicago. This is all just the last 3 years.

e: Oh, and according to court documents he owes the IRS $2 million in back taxes.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Oct 3, 2021

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Rich people have the option to just stop paying people money they owe, there really aren't any consequences so long as the right people still get their money

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Rich people have the option to just stop paying people money they owe, there really aren't any consequences so long as the right people still get their money

And then you no longer have money to give them so you finally face repercussions, which is what's happening now.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Regrettable posted:

And then you no longer have money to give them so you finally face repercussions, which is what's happening now.

One of those points you mentioned directly conflicts with the narrative of him being broke and it’s pretty great that you posted all that and didn’t see it.

How can he owe 2MM in back taxes without that being, at maximum, 35% of his income? That’s if every red cent he made was counted as regular income, the highest tax rate you could end up paying. To actually have it end up this way would mean that he is the dumbest motherfucker to ever earn a dime but it can give us an idea of how much he is making.

The math there tells us that he made at absolute minimum 2MM / .35 = 5.71MM in that taxation time frame, absolute bare basic minimum. The idea that he “can’t make” 130k of rent is ludicrous. He chooses not to, because he thinks he is invulnerable. Just like he chose not to stop preying on children, because he thought his money and fame made him invulnerable. This is a very rich man who makes extremely poor decisions and is now paying for it. In social costs, not monetary.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Coolguye posted:

One of those points you mentioned directly conflicts with the narrative of him being broke and it’s pretty great that you posted all that and didn’t see it.

How can he owe 2MM in back taxes without that being, at maximum, 35% of his income? That’s if every red cent he made was counted as regular income, the highest tax rate you could end up paying. To actually have it end up this way would mean that he is the dumbest motherfucker to ever earn a dime but it can give us an idea of how much he is making.

The math there tells us that he made at absolute minimum 2MM / .35 = 5.71MM in that taxation time frame, absolute bare basic minimum. The idea that he “can’t make” 130k of rent is ludicrous. He chooses not to, because he thinks he is invulnerable. Just like he chose not to stop preying on children, because he thought his money and fame made him invulnerable. This is a very rich man who makes extremely poor decisions and is now paying for it. In social costs, not monetary.

I'm not gonna say anything one way or the other about him specifically being broke but uh, by already have not been paying taxes when he still was making money, that's how.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

They're called "back taxes" because you owe them on things that happened in the past. Otherwise they're just "taxes".

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Really odd way to describe the forum's donation feature when Lowtax owned the forums IMO

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
I mean when you think about all he did was sexually exploit minors. Is that even a crime?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

runnypoops posted:

I mean when you think about all he did was sexually exploit minors. Is that even a crime?

:henget: mod alt account spotted

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
gently caress him and all, but didn't he get like severe brain damage in a car accident and changed completely?

Or something similar? Like he was * kinda* normal, car accident, then is now batshit?

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

blight rhino posted:

gently caress him and all, but didn't he get like severe brain damage in a car accident and changed completely?

Or something similar? Like he was * kinda* normal, car accident, then is now batshit?

No, that’s Kanye.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

They're called "back taxes" because you owe them on things that happened in the past. Otherwise they're just "taxes".

Right, same definition for back rent and crap. Over whatever time period that tax bill ran up, he made at least 5.71 million. Probably a lot more, rich people are the ones who care about dodging taxes and poo poo so it would not surprise me in the least if his real income was double that or more. He chose not to pay a lot of that stuff, mostly because as a rich and famous person something like eviction doesn’t matter to him. He can go pretty much anywhere else he wants and get a place to sleep and abuse children because he’s R effin Kelly.

It’s coming back to bite him now in various ways because he literally pissed a lot of that money away onto little girls. Period. Hard stop.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

The man is illiterate and, as you just said, makes extremely poor decisions that are now coming back to bite him. R. Kelly himself said he only had about $350k in the bank about a decade ago when he should've been worth about $100 million.

e: That landlord I mentioned that originally wanted $170k from him managed to secure a $3.5 million judgement against him. Sony was forced to freeze his royalties and give $1.5 million to them. He also owes one of his victims $4 million. And his label dropped him in January of 2019 which is probably not something they would do if the thought he was still valuable in any way.

So, going by your numbers we know he probably made around $6 million over a few years in order to owe that much in back taxes but he owed the IRS, his landlords, and just one of his victims nearly $10 million.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Oct 3, 2021

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

It’s the entire point that he’s gotten all this money is the point in my mind. This isn’t some swaggering techbro talking about how his app is gonna make him king of Silicon Valley, he actually made this money. We can agree that he has made more millions than the 99% will see in their entire lifetimes by the time he was halfway through and has actively chosen to make terrible and malicious decisions and even from a social capital perspective he’s easily one of the most famous (and therefore rich) people of the last 20 years.

So he’s 1%er with money, at least a 1%er with fame, and we come in here and go “oh won’t someone please think of the poor broke rappers under legal indictment”? Laughable. Kelly is going down in spite of his millions and his fame, not because they’re suddenly absent.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Keep kicking those goal posts down the line. You balked at the idea that he's broke, then did some math to try to prove it but now you're talking about his social value to cover up the fact that you were wrong and he already lost/spent it all and is in massive amounts of debt.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

blight rhino posted:

R Kelly loving married Aaliyah when she was 15 years old, no, none of the poo poo you're describing ever happened

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I'm surprised I never heard anything about Timmy Mallet when the UK was investigating the skeletons in the closet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

MrQwerty posted:

R Kelly loving married Aaliyah when she was 15 years old, no, none of the poo poo you're describing ever happened

the crazy thing to me is how that's even a thing, like child brides are totally legal in america if the parents are on board, so that basically means rich dudes + lovely parents = completely legal pedophilia.

At some point you kind of wonder why they bother going through other routes, they can just do it in the open if they feel like it.