Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

silvergoose posted:

The concert is *amazing*.

Yeah, I wanna know who picked out this playlist. Who actually went through this soundtrack and was like, "Yeah, give them the peaceful themes, the goofy themes, and the character themes that aren't Rex Incognito".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I got a glider and a lyre, both of which are pretty cool. You can play the lyre, and it's very pretty. I'm happy with the rewards.

same, also got 1600 crystals that I proceeded to crush and snort, and hallucinated that some fish/girl hybrid joined my party so hard that it actually happened.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Maxwell Adams posted:

Yeah, I wanna know who picked out this playlist. Who actually went through this soundtrack and was like, "Yeah, give them the peaceful themes, the goofy themes, and the character themes that aren't Rex Incognito".

They started with monstadt, rex is going on right now???

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Concert is dope. Putting this on the baby nursery playlist stat!

mondstat

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Caught kokomi while fishing for rosaria c2 and yeah, her damage isn't really worth scaling at this point, although I could see myself using her a lot as carry with a lower level account.

https://i.imgur.com/B75Tgsm.mp4

After seeing the comments here I expected having to invest a lot to make her off-field healing viable but with a lvl 6 ult talent it feels quite decent already. I just need to level two more garbage milleth pieces for the 4p and I'm done with her.
I kinda like her with rosaria, you can lockdown an area for 12 seconds on demand, I could see myself using this package in quite a few teams.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the most exciting part of 2.2 for me is them putting 2.3 onto the test realm. hopeful for the dungeon event though, i think MHY usually does a good job with this type of content. i also hope that the homa banner is good, but somehow im not expecting much.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Kokomi followed by Childe v3 with no new character attached and run opposite an extremely popular 5* with a lucrative weapon banner. The whole thing feels like some weird tax dodge. At least I know it'll be late December before I need to touch a banner again.

AParadox posted:

I kinda like her with rosaria, you can lockdown an area for 12 seconds on demand, I could see myself using this package in quite a few teams.

Her hydro application is no joke for permafreeze. Mona is still better due to freezing her buff, but if you want aoe hydro Kokomi has you covered. It's just the other parts of Kokomi that are pretty bad compared to everyone else.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

why couldn't they at least put Thoma with Childe... C2 HuTao is like the dumbest thing to pull if i'm rolling for him

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

dogsicle posted:

why couldn't they at least put Thoma with Childe... C2 HuTao is like the dumbest thing to pull if i'm rolling for him
As someone who use the Childe he's already got and is looking forward to getting Hu Tao and Thoma: I'm loving it.

Selane
May 19, 2006

dogsicle posted:

Probably because a lot more people would be complaining if they did. Also, I love their audacity in responding to the crybabies demanding handouts by going, "here, have a free copy of the worst character in the game!". I'm not even joking, that's just amazing.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Selane posted:

Probably because a lot more people would be complaining if they did. Also, I love their audacity in responding to the crybabies demanding handouts by going, "here, have a free copy of the worst character in the game!". I'm not even joking, that's just amazing.

Wait is it a response? I thought free Xinyan was leaked weeks/months ago

Selane
May 19, 2006

Xun posted:

Wait is it a response? I thought free Xinyan was leaked weeks/months ago
I dunno, I'm probably wrong then. It's still funny, and I'm sure it'll make anniversary cryers even more mad than they already are, which is the point.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
I don't think that's a response to anything, that's just the regularly scheduled free 4* every few patches. (Fischl, a select Liyue character, Diona, Beidou)

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Free xinyans been rumoured for a while

I'm happy Thoma is with hu tao, already have childe so I can just save through this next banner

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Selane posted:

Nothing event or character wise is a response if it's the very next patch. Xinyan's been a known welfare for like over a month via leaks and datamine,

The only surprise here is Hu Tao because you can't "leak" reruns unless they're plastered on the event itself like Childe.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Selane posted:

i kinda feel like if you put people on a scale, there's going to be enough overlap of people who like/want Childe and Thoma that it would give advantage to that banner lineup. meanwhile Hu Tao is just getting her first rerun and people are still huge into her, a banner that could succeed on its own

anyway... i suppose Thoma still is "fun/cool but probably not revolutionizing my teams" so i should wait for his 2.4 banner

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the free xinyan was decided many months ago

this patch makes me wish they would put the new weapons onto the character banner / standard banner as offrates at least. most of the new weapons they've added have been a bit "whatever" but these have pretty sick passives. the new greatsword, even at R2, should beat out WGS/spine on beidou. depending on the characters the bow and spear are probably better alternatives to the catch/stringless depending on refines of each.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I mea the obvious answer is that you husbando chasers are suffering like other people did with Rosaria/Yanfei/Sayu

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

This concert is fantastic!

Kale
May 14, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Well this is the worst time to ask but I'm doing it anyway because got bored and made a dumb meme.

So, what exactly was the Anniversary backlash even about? People just got riled up creating expectations that they were going to get a bunch of stuff out of nothing? Because that's as far as I'm aware of it because when I see the bad parts of a fandom I simply turn around and do not engage with it. Did Mihoyo even state that they were going to be doing anything special in advance? I feel like this all just came out of nowhere because I'm terminally oblivious to this stuff in general.

There's like this uncodified gentleman's agreement that there's shitposting quota to be filled online as far as I've been able to tell. Kokomi was considered underwhelming and for a change probably actually is based on actual analysis and feedback of the character from people that do that sort of thing. Somewhere in some reddit, youtube or twitch shithole grumblings about the anniversary event started and influencers started helping beat the drum weeks ahead of the anniversary until it became this dominant topic and I guess some people figured this would be a great chance to have a big old shitstorm and fill out the shitposting quota. There were some legit complaints about QoL type fixes lost in the mix of the refrain of beats you started to see about the anniversary like other games give away more free poo poo, Mihoyo isn't listening/engaging with or is censoring fans etc but it seemed to get lost in the shitstorm which again I cannot stress enough people really seemed to just want in some form or another because it's basically what they live for on reddit, twitter etc.

This as far as I can tell culminated in the "we did it bros" review bombing of the game which then spread to other completely unrelated games to maximize the shitstorm and keep those people feeling fulfilled. It's funny cause most of the 1 star reviews you still see on google play pretty much all just say something like "This is the 4th time you've deleted my review, stop censoring me Mihoyo" and have nothing to do with a proper review and will probably continue to get deleted as spam. Basically it feels like as expected nothing was accomplished other than people getting to invent their own reality where they stuck it to the big evil company, spammed a bunch of emotes and bad reviews and achieved shitstorm status which I'm told by social media warrants the preparation and eating of popcorn and is the best show on Earth.

In the long run I don't even think it's a Genshin Impact community problem that caused it all, it's a social media behavior and sense of priorities among English speaking people problem and just how fundamentally broken it's made a good chunk of the video game playing population. Overall I find it hard to complain too much about the 1st Anniversary month content and giveaways. My Primogem count has gone up by something like 3,000 in a single week just from playing the Moonlight Merriment event semi-casually and getting the various mails and codes this week. The Moonlight Merriment event was/is pretty fun and boss and still isn't quite over yet and there's more stuff to come in a week with 2.2 shortly when I'm still not even managed to finish all the 2.0 stuff even. Also I've had tons of time to catch up on past content to where I now just need to do the Eula Character Story and aside from hangouts that's everything up to 2.0 and I can just focus on Inazuma from here on out. Also needless to say the concert itself was very well produced and good vibes. If people wanted to be miserable about the anniversary like I've said before I think that's just kind of a personal choice and again speaks a lot more to me about what people prioritize doing and focusing on English language social media than it does what's happening with the game or not.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Tae posted:

I mea the obvious answer is that you husbando chasers are suffering like other people did with Rosaria/Yanfei/Sayu

undeserved since we're already in the male 5* drought

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
nm it's on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIam8zl4af8

Is Childe or Hu Tao a good character to get for my first 5*? Or should I keep waiting for Ganyu or Yae?

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Boat Stuck posted:

nm it's on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIam8zl4af8

Is Childe or Hu Tao a good character to get for my first 5*? Or should I keep waiting for Ganyu or Yae?

Both of them are great characters, Hu Tao probably a little bit more 'meta' - she's a hard pyro carry, beloved by many streamers for the stupid DPS numbers she shits out on her one hit. Childe is great too, especially if you have Xiangling - he's a fantastic hydro applier in his melee form, and puts out decent damage himself. Hu Tao *really* wants Xingqui, so if you have him, go HAM on Hu Tao. Childe fills XQ-ish niche in the the national team, so he may be better if you don't have the proper supports for Hu Tao.

Disclaimer, I don't main either of these guys so take it with a grain of salt, but they're both great characters.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i think both hutao and childe are way easier to build for than ganyu, since they're way more functional with popular 4 stars. yae probably isn't coming out for quite a long time. childe in particular works with a ton of different 4 star packages, hutao is pretty much joined at the hip with xq on the other hand.

also just imo, but i think ganyu is pretty unfun to play without the 5 stars she likes on her teams because of how the charged shots work. having either zhongli or the freeze characters makes her go from miserable to hilariously broken.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Hu Tao rerun is real?!?!

new question then, does she need C1 to be good?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Boat Stuck posted:

If I were you, I'd roll. Both are good, but not great, without properly leveled supports. Hu Tao wins out over Childe in terms of DPS, but her team comps pretty much require XQ. Childe works with a few team comps in the late game, but noen of them reach Hu Tao damage ceiling. Childe also doubles as both a melee and an archer (the only hydro archer), he's tied with the fastest walking/run speed, and, imho, he has the best passive in the entire game.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nyoro posted:

Hu Tao rerun is real?!?!

No, but her C1 makes her much better. Both in terms of DPS and in ease of play.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Boat Stuck posted:

Childe is decent. His team's power level is really high (Childe/Xiangling/Bennett/Flex), but you need to raise both him and Xiangling to make the most of it. He's a good pickup for long term investment or for more established players, but he won't clear everything on his own like some other 5 stars.
Hu Tao is really good. She only needs Xingqiu and the other 2 are really flexible slots. The only problem is that she doesn't have good F2P weapons, but if you have Dragon's Bane/Deathmatch/Blackcliff then you're all set.
If you get both you can easily clear almost all content between their 2 teams.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Greatly regret not getting C1 Hu Tao when I had the chance, she's fine at C0 but not having to worry about stamina during her skill would make her so much more fun to play.

Republicans fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 3, 2021

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
HELL YEAH CHILDE HELL YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

MoonCrab posted:

Childe is decent. His team's power level is really high (Childe/Xiangling/Bennett/Flex), but you need to raise both him and Xiangling to make the most of it. He's a good pickup for long term investment or for more established players, but he won't clear everything on his own like some other 5 stars.
Hu Tao is really good. She only needs Xingqiu and the other 2 are really flexible slots. The only problem is that she doesn't have good F2P weapons, but if you have Dragon's Bane/Deathmatch/Blackcliff then you're all set.
If you get both you can easily clear almost all content between their 2 teams.

Dramatika posted:

Both of them are great characters, Hu Tao probably a little bit more 'meta' - she's a hard pyro carry, beloved by many streamers for the stupid DPS numbers she shits out on her one hit. Childe is great too, especially if you have Xiangling - he's a fantastic hydro applier in his melee form, and puts out decent damage himself. Hu Tao *really* wants Xingqui, so if you have him, go HAM on Hu Tao. Childe fills XQ-ish niche in the the national team, so he may be better if you don't have the proper supports for Hu Tao.

Disclaimer, I don't main either of these guys so take it with a grain of salt, but they're both great characters.

Radical posted:

i think both hutao and childe are way easier to build for than ganyu, since they're way more functional with popular 4 stars. yae probably isn't coming out for quite a long time. childe in particular works with a ton of different 4 star packages, hutao is pretty much joined at the hip with xq on the other hand.

also just imo, but i think ganyu is pretty unfun to play without the 5 stars she likes on her teams because of how the charged shots work. having either zhongli or the freeze characters makes her go from miserable to hilariously broken.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

If I were you, I'd roll. Both are good, but not great, without properly leveled supports. Hu Tao wins out over Childe in terms of DPS, but her team comps pretty much require XQ. Childe works with a few team comps in the late game, but noen of them reach Hu Tao damage ceiling. Childe also doubles as both a melee and an archer (the only hydro archer), he's tied with the fastest walking/run speed, and, imho, he has the best passive in the entire game.

This is all really helpful, thank you!

I have a C5 XL but no XQ, so looks like I'll prioritize trying to get Childe. Thanks again!

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Nyoro posted:

Hu Tao rerun is real?!?!

C0 Hu Tao is right up there with Ganyu in terms of single-target damage output imo. She's stupidly powerful and also very cute, 10/10

I'm gonna hoard my primos for the rerun so I can get C1 because I don't want to build new characters right now, I just wanna kill things even harder

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
Oh man if HuTao is coming back im gonna hoard for that. Never got her on the first run (got c1 for Mona and didn’t hit pity again) and I just got XQ to C5 off of this banner.

That said is there an easy way to farm xp books that isnt leylines? I’ve got no Cryo people leveled except Qiqi and a bunch of other people I want to level up too. Just seem to be bottlenecking on the xp

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's just leylines

they're going to have the leyline doubling event again in the next patch so that should help, aside from the usual influx from events and bp/teapot/etc

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
kokomi isn't even bottom 3 5* characters, she's not even in the same zip code of questionable as qiqi or keqing. she slots perfectly into permafreeze which might be the actually most powerful team composition in the game. is mona better at it? yeah, probably. is mona ever going to be on a rate-up banner? ahahahaha

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
I do freely admit that since I don't have Mona but did draw Kokomi it turns out she fills the hydro slot for a Morgana team (Korgana team?) perfectly well and the team comp remains as viciously effective as ever

I don't use her for anything but pressing her E once and then letting the other characters do 99.999% of the actual heavy lifting in combat but that E press is a *very important* 0.001% of the strategy

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Reiterpallasch posted:

kokomi isn't even bottom 3 5* characters, she's not even in the same zip code of questionable as qiqi or keqing. she slots perfectly into permafreeze which might be the actually most powerful team composition in the game. is mona better at it? yeah, probably. is mona ever going to be on a rate-up banner? ahahahaha

Do we need tier lists again?

I'm still powering up Keqing, but I really think she has been power crept out of the game, and she never was part of the meta

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I didn't like Childe whenever I got to play him, saving up for that sweet, sweet Hu Tao C1 hell yes.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Keqing can deal decent damage by spamming her charged attack with the usual electro buffs, she just has crippling stamina issues and also knocks enemies outside her range with every hit. I think she's actually relatively better now than she used to be because most Inazuma enemies aren't affected by knockback.

Like, she's not top-tier regardless, just because electro reactions aren't great, but she would definitely be more usable.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Oct 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
assembling a coherent tier list in this game would be really weird because it's so dependent on what's already in your box and, in the case of 4* units, access to critical constellations like beidou c2 and xiangling c4. kokomi is bottom-tier unless you have ganyu/venti or ayaka/kaz but no mona, or if you have both ganyu and ayaka, in which case she's one of the strongest things you could hope to pull; how could you ever capture all the variance like that on a tier list without having it be like 82 pages long? and if you didn't capture it, publishing a tier list at all is very close to malpractice.