Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Fuzz posted:

I am unsure of who has the bigger SHF DB collection at this point on here, me or Nanigans, but I am afraid to try and bust all of mine out, I physically don't even have room for all of them in my apartment. :smith:

Haven't taken a picture in a while, I'll try to do that tomorrow, but here's my current checklist:

Pulled it from here: https://www.rockchala.com/checksheet

I'll collect just about all of the good guys, usually one version per character, but I'll buy any Bulma or Goku (besides SSJ4 lmao).
My "rules" are that I'll only collect "main" villains. So no Ginyu Force, or Nappa/Raditz, or Dodoria/Zarbon.
I'm not interested in fusions like Gogeta/Vegetto, though Kefla is an exception, just like SSJ3 Gotenks will be an exception whenever they make him.
I'll wait for an adult Chichi because :pedo:
Not too interested in Shenron or the vehicles.
I'm waiting on a 2.0 Cell, though I have the Dragon Stars version in the meantime.

I have way too many Gokus which skews the overall number. I also have some smaller/less articulated figures like King Kai, Puar, Oolong, Zen'o, Baba and Korin from various lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

1950s rockabilly is a surprisingly good look for the joker

Fuzz posted:

I had this insane idea a few months back for an alternative Batman where he and all the baddies are just greasers in the golden age of muscle cars with like a very Dieselpunk vibe.

Like Bruce has a muscle car and wears a racing helmet with a bat motif, Two-Face has a bunch of two-tone cars in his gang, Joker's gang are all greasers in clown makeup and preppunk, etc.

Would be weird, but cool.

I bought a blue and yellow Western-style embroidered button-down shirt, like the kind old-timey country and rockabilly singers wear, because it reminded me a little of Booster Gold's costume, but nobody would ever make the connection except me. I unironically dig rockabilly-style fashion, and 'I've had the idea for a line of shirts like vintage Western shirts and short-sleeved retro bowling shirts inspired by superhero costumes. Nothing blatant, just color schemes and some subtle design choices that would make for stylish clothes that don't necessarily scream "SUPERHERO NERD!", but could be a homage without wearing a T-shirt with a corporate trademarked logo on it.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Oct 3, 2021

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

That Geralt looking so bad is even weirder because the Witcher 3 one they made is really good.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I bought a blue and yellow Western-style embroidered button-down shirt, like the kind old-timey country and rockabilly singers wear, because it reminded me a little of Booster Gold's costume, but nobody would ever make the connection except me. I unironically dig rockabilly-style fashion, and 'I've had the idea for a line of shirts like vintage Western shirts and short-sleeved retro bowling shirts inspired by superhero costumes. Nothing blatant, just color schemes and some subtle design choices that would make for stylish clothes that don't necessarily scream "SUPERHERO NERD!", but could be a homage without wearing a T-shirt with a corporate trademarked logo on it.

I like your idea a lot, and Fuzz, I would read the hell out of that sort of book.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

They did the motorcycle based Gotham City Garage that had a comic and line of statues. Muscle cars wouldn’t be out of the question.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Joe Fisto posted:

I would be down for a Black Label book of this

Oh man, this is exactly what I was thinking of, this is perfect!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Nanigans posted:

Haven't taken a picture in a while, I'll try to do that tomorrow, but here's my current checklist:

Pulled it from here: https://www.rockchala.com/checksheet

I'll collect just about all of the good guys, usually one version per character, but I'll buy any Bulma or Goku (besides SSJ4 lmao).
My "rules" are that I'll only collect "main" villains. So no Ginyu Force, or Nappa/Raditz, or Dodoria/Zarbon.
I'm not interested in fusions like Gogeta/Vegetto, though Kefla is an exception, just like SSJ3 Gotenks will be an exception whenever they make him.
I'll wait for an adult Chichi because :pedo:
Not too interested in Shenron or the vehicles.
I'm waiting on a 2.0 Cell, though I have the Dragon Stars version in the meantime.

I have way too many Gokus which skews the overall number. I also have some smaller/less articulated figures like King Kai, Puar, Oolong, Zen'o, Baba and Korin from various lines.

:yikes:

I have a problem.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Gotta catch ‘em all!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Pictured: Butan's GDP in DB figs

I see a suspicious lack of OG Broly but that pic is tiny on my phone

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
OG Broly was a very rare figure of a very lovely character. New Broly is a Very Good Boy with a better design.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I call OG Broly the tumor King

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Unless I missed it, they've never done this outfit of Vegeta?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
When I was a teenager I imported a bunch of the Bandai 5-point articulated DBZ figures that were later made domestically by Irwin and had a pretty good collection going, and I only collected the yellow haired SSJ figures (some were released in the US with gold hair) but eventually sold them a few years later. I periodically think about how much they’d be worth today.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I really hope they do some kind of re-release of Z Broly. I'm so mad I didn't jump on him when I saw him for like $80 on Amazon a few years ago.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Louisgod posted:

When I was a teenager I imported a bunch of the Bandai 5-point articulated DBZ figures that were later made domestically by Irwin and had a pretty good collection going, and I only collected the yellow haired SSJ figures (some were released in the US with gold hair) but eventually sold them a few years later. I periodically think about how much they’d be worth today.

I wish my imported DBZ figures in the late nineties had five points of articulation.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Shiroc posted:

Unless I missed it, they've never done this outfit of Vegeta?

Pick your flavor.

If you want the black hair, the Vegeta with a scouter comes with two full black hair heads you could swap onto the other bodies or buy the black haired head from Demoniacal Fit:

gregday
May 23, 2003

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I'm good.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I like how much the face shows Lucas did not want to be involved with this but am disappointed they didn't give him his proper gut or wattle.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Pictured: Butan's GDP in DB figs

I see a suspicious lack of OG Broly but that pic is tiny on my phone

Nanigans posted:

OG Broly was a very rare figure of a very lovely character. New Broly is a Very Good Boy with a better design.

I am that rare breed that loves O.G. Broly because I was just at the right age to enjoy how Maximum his Power was when that movie came out. I even do have one of the event exclusive Broly Figuarts, but he doesn't even go on the shelves lmao. He just stays in the box because I have everything displayed by saga and he has nowhere to live

oh also i ordered him off ebay and he got confiscated and searched by cops and they left a warrant in it about it having a drug smell and they had a dog sniff it out. definitely my most notable toy buying experience, i guess the guy who sold it to me was made out of weed or something

JoeGlassJAw fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Oct 4, 2021

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
It'll never happen but I would pay so much money if they did figures for the villains from the first five DBZ movies, they're all such wonderful weirdos

Admittedly a figure for Dr Wheelo or Giant Slug would be a bit ridiculous in terms of size and price(they haven't done an Oozaru or Great Ape Vegeta yet right?)

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
I think this answers that question.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

I preordered it anyway because I already have the old 3.75” George in Stormtrooper Armor and I’ll display this monstrosity next to it. I’m tempted to find some thin metal wire and give him proper old man glasses. I wish they’d give us a young fresh-out-of-UCLA/filming ANH George figure. There’s that iconic photo of him in Tunisia directing Mark Hamill that would make an excellent anniversary or whatever boxed set, but they refuse to do it.

Hasbro’s done gently caress-all for this Lucasfilm 50th anniversary, despite having a special packaging logo for it and everything.

Where’s my Black Series Indiana Jones line, you fucks :argh:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

SpikeMcclane posted:

I think this answers that question.

Good to know, shame it's not to scale though

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

drrockso20 posted:

Good to know, shame it's not to scale though

To scale it would be like 1.5x the size of the Sentinel.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Nanigans posted:

Pick your flavor.

If you want the black hair, the Vegeta with a scouter comes with two full black hair heads you could swap onto the other bodies or buy the black haired head from Demoniacal Fit:

drat, I want that ssblue vegeta. I am a bit hesitant on the demonical fit stuff because I saw an arm break off in a comparative review some dude did, I think I'd rather just wait for a rerelease or a new version

Peyote Panda
Mar 10, 2019

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I preordered it anyway because I already have the old 3.75” George in Stormtrooper Armor and I’ll display this monstrosity next to it. I’m tempted to find some thin metal wire and give him proper old man glasses. I wish they’d give us a young fresh-out-of-UCLA/filming ANH George figure. There’s that iconic photo of him in Tunisia directing Mark Hamill that would make an excellent anniversary or whatever boxed set, but they refuse to do it.
You could also get a second one of these and one of the X-Wing/Snowspeeder pilots for a head-swap and boom, 6" Jorg Sacul figure!

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Fuzz posted:

To scale it would be like 1.5x the size of the Sentinel.

the scale probably varies a little in the source material, but Vegeta crushes Goku in his hands in about the same way I could hold a figuarts in my hands so a true to scale Oozaru would probably be like six feet tall lol

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Alright, gently caress it, I guess I’m buying DBZ Figuarts now. Is the current Piccolo I see on Amazon the best Piccolo out there? Or is there a better one coming that I should wait for?

Looks like my boi Krillin won’t be out until next year :sigh:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

That Piccolo you’re talking about is really good. I love him, and there’s no other piccolo coming out to my knowledge

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

robot roll call posted:

drat, I want that ssblue vegeta. I am a bit hesitant on the demonical fit stuff because I saw an arm break off in a comparative review some dude did, I think I'd rather just wait for a rerelease or a new version

The DF I posted is a legit Bandai Figuarts body. Demoniacal Fit just made a black hair head for it.

You pop off the other head (they are meant to come off) and put on the DF one. No moving parts, so you can buy with confidence.

Their full figures are also getting better. Their Zamasu is indistinguishable from the legit Japanese one.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Alright, gently caress it, I guess I’m buying DBZ Figuarts now. Is the current Piccolo I see on Amazon the best Piccolo out there? Or is there a better one coming that I should wait for?

Looks like my boi Krillin won’t be out until next year :sigh:

That’s the Piccolo you want. Doubt he’ll get anything other than a repaint to his manga/movie colors anytime in the next decade. Seriously, it was 10 years between Piccolo figures.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I won a MaxToy Ultraman lottery, so for anyone who may be looking to buy from http://one-up.shop-pro.jp/, you have to email them with the items you want and then they have you send money through Paypal.

Next step will be shipping, but given the language barrier things have been smooth so far.

Also, I sold my few DBZ figs a while back even though I'm not a huge dbz fan, I regret that. Shenron made a really cool centerpiece. The premium color Vegita was one of the ones I had, and it was a superb figure. Preorders are gone on BBTS but this one is also coming soon: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/50434

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I know its a similar thing to the Gokus I have but I really don't like the groin/hip on any of those Vegetas. Maybe its because of how Goku always has the belt and the baggier pants so it hides the joints somewhat? Probably going to be unavoidable since his costumes are more form fitting.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Shiroc posted:

I know its a similar thing to the Gokus I have but I really don't like the groin/hip on any of those Vegetas. Maybe its because of how Goku always has the belt and the baggier pants so it hides the joints somewhat? Probably going to be unavoidable since his costumes are more form fitting.

yeah those last two are indicative of how they are now. you get used to it, I thought they were kinda weird at first too since I've been collecting since the beginning, but it's worth it for the articulation it adds

this is up for pre-order, if you want something with cloth/seamless clothes in a weird scale (1/9)

https://news.toyark.com/2021/04/26/dragon-ball-z-imagination-works-vegeta-announced-by-tamashii-nations-425264#images

JoeGlassJAw fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Oct 5, 2021

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Warning if its anything like the Goku

And it is

it'll self destruct immediately and look like poo poo

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Right now I'm trying to decide if I want to get a Sailor Neptune Proplica from a seller on Mercari with no sales. Everyone has to start at zero at some point but it feels iffy.

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Hasbro’s done gently caress-all for this Lucasfilm 50th anniversary, despite having a special packaging logo for it and everything.

Where’s my Black Series Indiana Jones line, you fucks :argh:

No poo poo! Why hasn’t their been anything done with Indiana Jones? I never watched (and never will) crystal skull, but that was last time I ever saw toys. A friend of mine had Indy and a couple others back in the ‘80’s that I was super jealous of but those don’t seem to come up for sale very often. When the toys bombed I remember going through literally a couple hundred of them at Big Lots trying to find a Indy that, however mediocre the figure was, at least had the eyes painted properly to no avail. A black series would be fine but I just want a 3.75” to hang out with.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I think that when the Crystal Skull era line came out, Hasbro said it did so horribly that they would never do them again. Given the mass market toy industry shrinking in general and even more constrained by covid problems, it seems especially like something they wouldn't bother with now.

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

That sounds about right, I don’t think I’ve ever seen something with that amount of push behind it go from target to big lots/dollar stores quite that fast. That said I just rolled the dice on an Indy fig from the 2007 line (they did figures from the actual good movies too), he was 16 bucks after shipping. The pics were really bad but looked passable. If he winds up looking like Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Jones I won’t be too upset and may get lucky! Also I guess I could just soak the head in acetone or something and repaint it. Oh, and looking up the old ‘80’s figure prices was a bit of a shock. My buddy back then had Indy the sweaty nazi that gets chopped up by a propeller and the swordsman that gets shot because Harrison Ford had dysentery. The last two seem to be extra rare. He also used to visit his grandma in Midland TX (aka BFE) and would reliably bring back Star Wars and other early eighties toys well into the early nineties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I imagine an Indiana Jones line would do even worse than first Plasma Series Ghostbusters line did, and THAT line at least had a movie coming out.