Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Pol Pot was also a joint US-China project

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

thank you PMJ and Gradenko, i couldent remember if there was anything more to it.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Suplex Liberace posted:

thank you PMJ and Gradenko, i couldent remember if there was anything more to it.

PMJ posted that really wild Twitter thread about the proposal that the towers needed to collapse and US-China relations that is a trip

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

See that's what I was thinking off.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Read whole thread:

https://twitter.com/mmabeuf/status/1436934971063681026?s=20

Don't click through to other threads/links while you do it, you'll get distracted. Go back to them.

https://twitter.com/mindgomes/status/1437096212117737482?s=20

Worth thinking about

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
Very comforting, the knowledge that we'd be shambling mutants decades after the bombs were chucked about, if the US and China were not a teamed up hellempire.

In other news:

:woop:HAPPY DAY LATE ANNIVERSARY OF SOME GENUINE CRACK PINGERY!:woop:
https://twitter.com/superloafcat/status/1444049032092000256

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
that poo poo isn’t even true

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

LibCrusher posted:

says who

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

LibCrusher posted:

it's on a meme though

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Keep the material facts from being discoverable and you can make anything true or untrue as it benefits the global power elite.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Suplex Liberace posted:

See that's what I was thinking off.

mabeuf and llinecook have been on that theory for a while now, basically asserting that the Chinese capitalists (ergo, Deng wasn't a communist, and the PRC is no longer communist) and the American capitalists were and are in-cahoots in some kind of grand plan to destroy New York City as a financial capital, of which COVID is the culmination of

there's a lot of... pathology to unpack there, and while I do still continue to follow those accounts, I don't generally buy into that particular narrative because it delves too much into speculation and hypothesis. It's true that Deng collaborated with Carter against the USSR and Vietnam (and supported Pol Pot's Kampuchea). It's true that in the latter parts of the Vietnam War there were outbreaks of mass dissent among the soldiery that's since been buried by pop-history and neocon ideology. To work from those tidbits and end up where they did is... a step I'm not willing to commit to.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

LibCrusher posted:

oh yeah

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/The_Wub_/status/1416089827439751171?s=19

https://twitter.com/BoltzmannBooty/status/1379477371330428931?s=19

https://twitter.com/bridgietherease/status/1379472050511699969?s=19

He really has seen the documents, folks

nut
Jul 30, 2019

I know it won't be. It can't be. but still, i would just like to know where that 1 acre in new mexico is.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

its 100 percent beside the epsien ranch or the border you know it to be true

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Suplex Liberace posted:

its 100 percent beside the epsien ranch or the border you know it to be true

isn't there like a tiny parcel of government land right in the middle or am i making this one up

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

thats where this threads handlers work out of

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Did we ever find out what Epsteins racist theories were about how black people learn? I’m very interested in this

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I'm gonna guess he decided black people learn more effectively while being abused.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Tubgoat posted:

I'm gonna guess he decided black people learn more effectively while being abused.

He did get extremely mad at one of his victims when he pressured her into bringing him another girl and she brought him a black girl so I dont think its that.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Yeah he was apparently not fond of black people, as friends or as victims to exploit, which deepens the mystery of what Chris Tucker was doing on the Lolita Express

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Tokenism.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
On the Australian totalitarianism stuff do Americans not realise it's localised to a single city and 2 states have been open and running for like a year now because the governments of those states abrogated decision making on covid policy to panels of experts.

On Diana, lol Harry's dad is James Hewitt. The whole Camilla and divorce drama started because she was sleeping her way through the local sporting clubs.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Yeah he was apparently not fond of black people, as friends or as victims to exploit, which deepens the mystery of what Chris Tucker was doing on the Lolita Express

jeff just liked to laugh imo

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Tbh Harry looks bears a striking resemblance to young Prince Philip so who can say (not doubting that she did have an affair)

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

gradenko_2000 posted:

mabeuf and llinecook have been on that theory for a while now, basically asserting that the Chinese capitalists (ergo, Deng wasn't a communist, and the PRC is no longer communist) and the American capitalists were and are in-cahoots in some kind of grand plan to destroy New York City as a financial capital, of which COVID is the culmination of

No, in-cahoots to dissolve working class power globally, not particular to New York City or anything. COVID is only just the latest justification for social control but it's not new or anything. Previously there was financial controlled demolitions, 9/11, domestic gladio, war on drugs, war on terror, war on poverty, gun control etc etc. Ruling class is not actually able to implement their will unilaterally at any time or in any place, although that is a common fantasy here.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Shifty Nipples posted:

i can empathize with the sound of crickets makin you think you're going crazy
Ever been in an area with spring peepers? Open 10 tabs of it, click play, wait a few seconds and play the next one, and once you have all 10 playing you'll have a general idea of what early spring through late fall sounded like for most of my life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R_3XKynC6E

Pryor on Fire posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMXeN1eWkLU

Stuff like this was super controversial back in the day, all the conservatives flipped out about how dangerous Di was for awhile
Right wing military industrial complex worshipers/investors were also really angry about her campaign against land mine use and her support of the Ottawa treaty. It sticks out in my mind because a few months earlier I had written a paper for my Social Studies (mashup of history, politics, and civics) class on why land mines should be banned (I got an A, but the whole topic was way over the head of 13 year old me), and Di's activism got a lot of good sources into the news. One of the sticking points for the US and South Korea was that it was a complete ban while they wanted an exception for the Korean DMZ, and there was a similar hesitancy between India and Pakistan over the Kashmir dispute.

On top of all the reasons people might have wanted her dead, the car crash leaves everything ambiguous and doesn't support either official story or assassination theory over the other.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/gumby4christ/status/1444831724848943108

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

rush hour was really funny

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

it's probably because our politicians are honorable and on the level :colbert:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

smarxist posted:

it's probably because our politicians are honorable and on the level :colbert:

in another forum someone asked "hey why aren't there any Americans on this list?" and the response was "because it's legal to have offshore accounts for them"

as if that makes it acceptable

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Someone needs to hack all the dodgy Delaware accounts

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

We live in a dying world full of the spawn of Shaitan come to roost in the souls of the amibitious, greedy, and blue-blooded. People whose weak souls and wealth afford convenience to the agents of the Enemy and now we are seeing the rise of their machinery to pulp us into Apocalypse grade sauage cheers FUCKERS

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Trabisnikof posted:

like havana syndrome is the funniest to me, because on threads of evidence thinner than UFOs, or the grassy knoll, or Hitler made it to SA, the entire media and blob establishment has wholeheartedly endorsed *RUSSIAN MIND BEAMS* even when there's no evidence its the russians, no evidence of brain changes, no evidence of even any loving beams. at least the UFO people have videos.

I'm not saying it's not mass hysteria or bullshit, but there was a canadian study showing brain changes

quote:

METHODS We conducted a multimodal study examining 26 Canadian diplomats and their family members, the majority of whom presented with symptoms similar to their American counterparts while residing in Havana. Assessments included a medical history, self-reported symptom questionnaires, cognitive assessments, blood tests, and brain imaging assessments (magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and magnetoencephalography (MEG)). Individuals showing signs of brain injury underwent further neurological, visual, and audio-vestibular assessments. Eight participants were tested both before and after living in Havana.

RESULTS Our assessment documents multiple functional and structural impairments, including significant spatial memory impairment, abnormal brain-stem evoked potentials, degradation of fibre tracts in the fornix and posterior corpus callosum, blood-brain barrier injury to the right basal forebrain and anterior insula, and abnormal paroxysmal slowing events of cortical activity. Subsequent mass-spectrometry and blood analyses documented reduced serum cholinesterase activity and the presence of organophosphates (Temephos) and pyrethroid metabolites (3-phenoxybenzoic acid or 3-BPA).

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/19007096v1

One summary I read of this claimed that the 8 who were before and after images showed changes during the time at the embassy; I don't feel like reading the fulltext to see if that's true.

Honestly I'd written this all off as a reaction to the known-neurotoxic pesticides being sprayed for Zika (https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-49770369) until it became a story again lately for Some Reason.

Cabbages and VHS has issued a correction as of 11:43 on Oct 4, 2021

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

the day after the panama papers first came out I posted somewhere online about how funny it was that zero Americans were implicated, maybe we should call them the US State Dept papers and I immediately got banned from the subreddit or wherever

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
that's a lmaoping

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/1445015808971792396?s=19

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I'm not saying it's not mass hysteria or bullshit, but there was a canadian study showing brain changes

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/19007096v1

One summary I read of this claimed that the 8 who were before and after images showed changes during the time at the embassy; I don't feel like reading the fulltext to see if that's true.

Honestly I'd written this all off as a reaction to the known-neurotoxic pesticides being sprayed for Zika (https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-49770369) until it became a story again lately for Some Reason.

That study isn’t published yet and hasn’t been peer reviewed.

And like the JAMA study, I don’t think it showed that the brain changes couldn’t be equally caused by stress or depression, both things that can physically change the brain.

But yeah it could still be pesticides or something else causing real symptoms that are getting overlayed with the MPI.

My uneducated guess is the case in the 90s in Moscow is real, creating the top secret record and the rumors about it. So then when blob members in Cuba start recording crickets etc, there’s just enough reality to flesh out their fantasy into mind ray guns.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

lmao