Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
And this is why we can't have nice things.

Speaking of which, here's the OG "now that we arn't using two physical VCRs to make AMVs, there sure are a lot of nifty buttons in After Effects video." And the reason a lot of AMVs just look like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwgVADWeNkw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
probably now is not the best time to enact your posting brand, forums user jerkface

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Jerkface posted:

looks like im the only poster offering sincere goondolences to the OP :rolleyes:

https://i.imgur.com/WB1AkUc.mp4

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Jerkface posted:

looks like im the only poster offering sincere goondolences to the OP :rolleyes:

you are deranged

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

I. M. Gei posted:

welp

my last living grandparent just died

I'm so sorry for your loss. If you need to vent or just talk, my PMs are open.

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerkface posted:

that sucks dude. goondolences. Did you try superchatting vtubers about it? That always makes me feel better

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wtf lol. This post rocks. Free Jerkface

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
you do not actually have to live up to your forums username, it turns out

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

I. M. Gei posted:

welp

my last living grandparent just died

Not a regular poster by any means, got here from the probation in this thread

That being said I'm really sorry for you. Its an incredibly weird feeling when you know an entire generation has passed on. My grandfather died give years ago and I still think about him all the time. He was my last one. My great uncle died earlier this year as well and his generation is gone too

PMs open if you wanna chat about it

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

This isn't quite the direction I expected the thread to go after I posted that but okay.

Julias posted:

I'm so sorry for your loss. If you need to vent or just talk, my PMs are open.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Not a regular poster by any means, got here from the probation in this thread

That being said I'm really sorry for you. Its an incredibly weird feeling when you know an entire generation has passed on. My grandfather died give years ago and I still think about him all the time. He was my last one. My great uncle died earlier this year as well and his generation is gone too

PMs open if you wanna chat about it

I appreciate y'all's concern (and Jerkface's post actually got a chuckle out of me), although I wasn't particularly close with her so I'm not broken up about it. Just a little bummed that I don't have a living grandma no more, but that's what people do; they live, they get old, and they die. We just had a family reunion to celebrate her 95th birthday a few months ago so it's not like nobody saw this coming.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm kinda on the cusp of that myself. Both my grandfathers are dead and my maternal grandmother is getting pretty drat close.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
The No Grandparents Left Club is cool. We get personalized jackets

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

Captain Invictus posted:

the ultimate classic amv: Pokemon - Bitches
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D85duFrcw7o

in glorious 240p

Otaku Vengeance was (and apparrently still kinda IS) a legend of turn of the century AMVs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW7cqQbad0o

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i still have one set of grandparents left, but the grandfather i was closest with was the first human being i ever got to see the dead body of

i'll never forget the time we drove past a cityscape and he just said "looks like a bunch of penises"

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Oct 4, 2021

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

My last grandparent died last year, one month after California instituted the first covid19 mandates. Although he didn't die of covid19... it was natural causes, from what I understand. It's too bad that the funeral was limited to only 8 people.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, when my maternal grandfather died, the first to go, there was an open casket wake and I just kinda stared at him for a bit because it was the first dead body I had ever seen

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
One of the rooms in the oncology ward I was in a few times had a guy next to me die during the night once, so when my last grandparent passed away and we were all there, my uncle was trying to ease the mood a little and was like "So you guys seen a dead body before haha?" and I was just like "Sure have" and made it more awkward

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I ate a Death Spiral pepper earlier and let me say this

Don't do that

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

verbal enema posted:

Don't do that
Why did you do that

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

verbal enema posted:

Don't do that

I googled it and uh wow, that’s the wrinkliest pepper I’ve ever seen, by far. The wrinkles are the heat level, right?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
my grandparents on my father's side both died early, one from early onset alzheimers and the other from a heart attack at like 70, then my grandfather on my mother's side fell and shattered his hip and was permanently crippled, it's incredible how quickly one can deteriorate when no longer mobile. he went from a proud elderly soldier to a crippled, making GBS threads himself demented mess that I didn't even consider "alive" anymore within like 3 years. when I say that I mean his body was still functioning but he didn't even recognize his own wife, he was that far gone, his brain wasn't even functional towards the end. it was depressing as hell.

then a few years later my grandma on my mom's side's kidneys both failed and she had to be permanently hooked up to a huge brick of a dialysis machine(I think modern ones are much smaller and more efficient, but this was the size of a desk and hundreds of pounds) which was really painful for her. so she had them OD her on morphine, saying "I'd rather see myself off than be shackled to this damned machine for the rest of my life". still sharp as a tack up to that final day, but her body failed her. loving sucks, she was the most badass old grandma, I miss her so much.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Grouchio posted:

Why did you do that

well grouchio one of our regulars at the bar grows all sorts of poo poo and thats one of the bags he dropped off
and the browns won
and i was drunk

Last Celebration posted:

I googled it and uh wow, that’s the wrinkliest pepper I’ve ever seen, by far. The wrinkles are the heat level, right?

idk but the one i ate was tiny red and wrinkly as poo poo and it tasted amazing until like .25 seconds in

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

sorry im forgetting my nite crew lore, were you the one that smoked that weed they found on the floor in the grocery store that one time, verbal. just out of curiosity

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

homeless snail posted:

sorry im forgetting my nite crew lore, were you the one that smoked that weed they found on the floor in the grocery store that one time, verbal. just out of curiosity

it was the gas station and yes that was a good memorial day

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
also did some meth i found at the other gas station but that was much later

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

whats wrong with a little floor weed now and then

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Paper Lion posted:

whats wrong with a little floor weed now and then

it was still in the bag!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

one time i ate a bag of popcorn i found in a movie theater bathroom

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

verbal enema posted:

it was the gas station and yes that was a good memorial day
I was gonna say gas station but I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i can personally guarantee you a grocery store does not have cleaner floors than a gas station snail

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
It was good pot too

The meth was biker crank which kept me up for 9 hours so I gave the dog 3 baths and then chased him around outside with the hose

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The Darkspore theif...

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

verbal enema posted:

well grouchio one of our regulars at the bar grows all sorts of poo poo and thats one of the bags he dropped off
and the browns won
and i was drunk
idk but the one i ate was tiny red and wrinkly as poo poo and it tasted amazing until like .25 seconds in
Neat.
I have never drank alcohol in my life.
I doubt I am missing out.

Wait you're a methhead?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Saagonsa posted:

The Darkspore theif...
and now darkspore is shut down. a meaningless crime.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Grouchio posted:

Neat.
I have never drank alcohol in my life.
I doubt I am missing out.

Wait you're a methhead?

no but if its free hey why not

Saagonsa posted:

The Darkspore theif...

goddamnit

homeless snail posted:

and now darkspore is shut down. a meaningless crime.

gently caress! i didnt even get to play it! they took it back!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
look all im ssaying is live your life and if that means gettingdrunk and waking up at 2 am to walk to sheetz to get an app sampler then do it imo

these mozz sticks whip rear end

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

shitz

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

because it's what you get

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

take it back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU