Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Frittata

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I got the most expensive tacos I've ever eaten (one of them was 6.75!!!) from a Fancy Artsy Mexican place I've been avoiding trying.

Bland, single corn tortilla, not enough sauce, too much cabbage. I should have kept avoiding them. :mad:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I've had that exact same experience. Oh, it's expensive, must be good. Nope. Not a reliable indicator.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Real post

Peanut sauce, noodles, onions, carrots, snow peas and tofu

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Looks like bugs you should turn a light on

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm eating that marinated chicken and sesame broccoli (frozen) with sriracha.

I didn't get the crust I wanted on the chicken but it's still good.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Smugworth posted:

Looks like bugs you should turn a light on

Woah real rude pal you not have your Kratom slurry today ?

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

I stuffed some peppers with some tortellini.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Stewed a whole chicken in coconut milk, whole tomatoes, dried chilies, jalapenos, ginger and garlic. Pulled out the chicken to serve and put the coconut milk mixture through the blender. Cut up some potatoes and green beans from the garden and tossed them into the curry to cook until tender but not cooked to gently caress. Served it over some basmati rice.

God it was good.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Comfort food tonight. Breaded and fried chicken, garlic mashed potatoes ‘n’ gravy, steamed broccoli to add a little nutrition.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Ordered a pizza

Bacon and mushrooms

It was fine

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The supermarket was closed due to covid so I couldn't get the food I wanted to cook (lamb and potatoes). Instead, I ordered what turned out to be the worst kebab I've ever eaten. An absolute culinary tragedy.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Tiggum posted:

The supermarket was closed due to covid so I couldn't get the food I wanted to cook (lamb and potatoes).
Acquired lamb and potatoes.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Meatballs & marinara sauce, then I shoved it into a hoagie roll.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I got "Siam chicken" from the new Thai place since it looked like an unusual general tso knock off and it was exactly that but also super delicious. basically general tso's with thoroughly blackened broccoli, peas, and a shitload of Thai basil. the basil made it basically a totally unique dish and v. good

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
PUSsy

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I got one of those meals from Festival again. Beef tenderloin and baby potatoes. :yum:

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Polenta and shrimp

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That beef tenderloin was weird. It was super super dense. Kinda like a pork tenderloin but like, you couldn't see hardly any of the grain. It was like a block. Really weird. The potatoes were awesome though.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I made quesadillas on the stove, cooked the outside in butter and cotija to get them nice and crispy and salty.

Used basic bitch American cheese inside because I am a toddler.

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under
Made a slow cooked turkey bolognaise last night. Thought I hosed it up as I grabbed the wrong jar and threw a shake of Chinese 5 spice instead of chili flakes in there, but went in with the chili flakes anyway and tonight – it was bloody great!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I made a teriyaki chicken breast in the air fryer... that I mangled. And my first time making roasted brussels sprouts. Actually probably the first time I've ever personally made brussels sprouts. They were frozen though so they're mushy but very good. I coated them in olive oil and seasoned them with kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and lemon juice.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Tonight I made a delicious chicken Caesar salad

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Rib night

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Ribs!

I made pan seared tilapia and a bag of mixed veggies and rotini in a butter sauce.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!
I bought some ciabatta bread and put some chicken salad in it for a sandwich and there wasn't enough chicken salad in it for my liking so I put more chicken salad in the ciabatta bread and then it was better. It was the kind of chicken salad with cranberries in it too which is the best kind of chicken salad.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

I spent like three hours simmering a bolognese and it absolutely kicks rear end, can't wait to have the leftovers tomorrow

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
This week I've been having a seafood stew (flounder and shrimp) of a quasi-Brazillian type. Only I'm serving it with rice, not cassava. And I'm pretty sure the peppers aren't the same. Tasty though.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Warm salmon and spinach salad with bacon. Side of pan fried rice with an egg on top.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
My mom made chili mac (which she calls chili) and gave me some yesterday so I'll be having that tonight.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

I made a tortellini/garlic bread sandwich.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Aardvark! posted:

I got the most expensive tacos I've ever eaten (one of them was 6.75!!!) from a Fancy Artsy Mexican place I've been avoiding trying.

Bland, single corn tortilla, not enough sauce, too much cabbage. I should have kept avoiding them. :mad:

You knew it was going to be crushingly underwhelming, you knew it in every bone of your body yet you got conned by the optimist in you and attracted to the fancy interior.

I feel you, I got conned into trying out a hipster kebab place, with inexplicably attractive and hip waiters, open plan kitchen and warm yellow lighting.

They served a ~*fusion*~ Adana kebab from Welsh lamb mince and served with pickled onions and garnished with micro greens.

I had to eat a proper kebab cooked in a proper coal ocakbasi by a guy wearing a white t-shirt after dropping my ex to her house.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Pizza sandwiches

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Galewolf posted:

I feel you, I got conned into trying out a hipster kebab place, with inexplicably attractive and hip waiters, open plan kitchen and warm yellow lighting.

They served a ~*fusion*~ Adana kebab from Welsh lamb mince and served with pickled onions and garnished with micro greens.

I had to eat a proper kebab cooked in a proper coal ocakbasi by a guy wearing a white t-shirt after dropping my ex to her house.
A kebab so bad it caused the breakdown of a relationship.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Tiggum posted:

A kebab so bad it caused the breakdown of a relationship.

In her defense, her young millenial cousin raved about how amazing the place was and when I checked their website it was like two French Michelin starred chefs and the liberal use of "... with a twist" or "award winning interior" I was like goddamn but she really wanted to check it out.

I mean, the food was good, ngl but that wasn't an Adana kebab. The head chef actually came to the table and explained that he knew because Turkish lambs have a really large chunks of tail fat and they had to add tail fat separately because Welsh lambs are quite lean. Respect to the OG, knew his poo poo proper.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

You’ve got large chunks of tail fat.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

You’ve got large chunks of tail fat.

All in the right places bb :heysexy:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
For dinner I'll be having half of a bagged salad with cottage cheese and hickory smoked tuna (packet) on it. It looks terrible but it has a ton of protein!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Jagerschnitzel, spaetzle, sauerkraut, and a liter dopplebock