Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
If all else fails you can also give shoes etc. away to a local charity shop.

e: shoesnipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Facebook in 'tone deaf algorithm' shocker

Hey, you've been talking a lot about the unaccountable rape squads that seem to form spontaneously in police departments, would you like to dress as one?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

Facebook in 'tone deaf algorithm' shocker

Hey, you've been talking a lot about the unaccountable rape squads that seem to form spontaneously in police departments, would you like to dress as one?

Also, presumably, fans of Sting.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Spangly A posted:

Yeah I'm struggling to parse this as anything but the order coming down to clean house, and the relevant super sighing as they open the Big Book Of Crimes My Lads Did (Do Not Use)

It's not an order to clean house, it's an order to be seen to take some action and distract from the fact they've been sitting on it since last year.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

keep punching joe posted:

Oat milk is better than cow milk.

That's my hot take.

I've grown to love the faint but alluring taste of porridge in all my hot beverages

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I put oat milk in my Müsli. Love my yo dawg in the morning.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Beware of Asda oat milk, they put sugar or vanilla or something in it. Has a faint taste of Milkybar's (which is fine if you're using it to make a cup of cocoa or something but makes tea taste foul). Also leaves a weird orange powdery residue at the bottom of any tea/coffee.

JÖRĐ and Oatly are both pretty good for having with both cereal and coffee/tea.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/eleanormia/status/1444971362481750019?s=21

What

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/SonOfGibbo/status/1444951970100486144?s=19

I don't actually want to watch it can someone else do it and tell me if this is actually in it?

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Love 2 advance social justice by attending Zoom meetings in lounge pants

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

TACD posted:

Oh aye I hope I didn’t come off as having a go, I just didn’t realise non-dairy milks were so popular in this thread.

Having looked it up just now apparently the answer to whether oat milk is gluten-free is “maybe? idk lol 🤷🏻“, guhh

As a wife of a coeliac who is lactose intolerant, I know the pain of looking for Dairy free and Gluten free drinks.

Basically Soya, Coconut and Almond are all fine.
With Oat drinks, they need to specifically say they are gluten free. As they might be made of oats with gluten or made in a factory that handles gluten and there is a risk of cross contamination. (This is a problem if you are coeliac or have an allergy to gluten. It's not a problem if you are on a gluten free diet, but if you so such a thing you are a terrible person.)

Alpro Oat drink isn't gluten free. Alpro's Barista Oat drink isn't gluten free, but they also do another Barista Oat drink (Barista Professional) which is gluten free. Just study the box and see if it says gluten free on it.

Oat Dream makes a gluten free Oat drink.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Missionary Positron posted:

Love 2 advance social justice by attending Zoom meetings in lounge pants

It's called office politics and management bullying.

Or the relative lack thereof when working from home, it's like holy water for Tory middle managers. In the vampire sortof way.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back

Gonzo McFee posted:

I don't actually want to watch it can someone else do it and tell me if this is actually in it?

It is. So is her talking about her vag, and also Diane Abbots tits

It ends with her beating keir with a frying pan at a conference and each time she hits him he shouts like EAT THE RICH and that is a joke somehow

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Pea milk is the best fake milk, if you can't tolerate the real stuff

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Things can never change, they always must remain the same.

lol at the Tories trying to culture war WFH though. My employer is a big company that the thread loves to hate, and it's going all in on WFH as a business model because it makes recruiting/retaining staff so much easier.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Flayer posted:

Where do you store it though?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Fingerless Gloves posted:

It ends with her beating keir with a frying pan at a conference and each time she hits him he shouts like EAT THE RICH and that is a joke somehow

Jesus Christ

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

sebzilla posted:

On a shelf and then in the fridge once opened. Pretty much the standard for all them alternative milks.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Flayer posted:

JÖRĐ Peamilkson

sebzilla posted:

Spitting Image appears to have answered that :stonkhat:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

The Question IRL posted:

As they might be made of oats with gluten or made in a factory that handles gluten and there is a risk of cross contamination.

isn't the 'made in a factory that handles X Y Z' just a disclaimer? my wife has a serious allergy (epipen carrier) for specific fruits but has always been fine to eat anything with the above disclaimer so long as the food itself doesn't have them as a listed ingredient

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/katelevann/status/1444955400051245065?s=19

What the gently caress

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Flayer posted:

Smack barm pee milk

Alternative thread title: Convene my big Labour vag!

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Fingerless Gloves posted:

But remember children, it's the left who are horrible misogynists!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

kecske posted:

isn't the 'made in a factory that handles X Y Z' just a disclaimer? my wife has a serious allergy (epipen carrier) for specific fruits but has always been fine to eat anything with the above disclaimer so long as the food itself doesn't have them as a listed ingredient

It depends on the factory and equipment.

I’m allergic to palm oil and it’s increasingly on the label for everything because it’s taking over from peanut oil as a lubricant in factories.

So what it is with the fruit is that they may be using the same equipment in some part of the process, for example; they may can peaches for 2 weeks, then after routine cleaning, can Tuna. So your Tuna will have “may contain peaches” on the tin because they can’t 100% guarantee there won’t be any peach residue within the system.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/immolations/status/1309158064277393410?s=19

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

learnincurve posted:

It depends on the factory and equipment.

I’m allergic to palm oil and it’s increasingly on the label for everything because it’s taking over from peanut oil as a lubricant in factories.

So what it is with the fruit is that they may be using the same equipment in some part of the process, for example; they may can peaches for 2 weeks, then after routine cleaning, can Tuna. So your Tuna will have “may contain peaches” on the tin because they can’t 100% guarantee there won’t be any peach residue within the system.

True. It also depends on the type of equipment and type of allergen.

For instance with gluten and wheat, it needs to be ground up really fine. Which makes the possibility of some being left behind on the machinery even after a clean quite high.

Essentially when you are dealing with something you are allergic to, imagine that the warning was "This product may have fallen into a pile of dog poo poo."

Now they aren't saying that it definitely made contact with dog poo poo and they did clean it all thoroughly afterwards, but do you want to roll the dice on it?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Would you feel more comfortable if it was pig poo poo or sheep poo poo? Because I hate to tell you what livestock contains huge tubes full of.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Okay I'm going to go absolutely 100% :tinfoil: here because there's a lorry with a crane dropping what looks a *lot* like an industrial backup generator into the car park of the school on my estate - the box itself is unmarked (looks like a shortened ISO container) but it is the exact dimensions and has the same side doors as the ones my company uses for temporary backup when working on the UPS at our smaller data centres.

Now it could just be a coincidence and this is just some temporary storage for some building work or something but at this point in history I'm going to assume someone's dusting off some plans last updated around 1994.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Oh of course, I got both. I hosed myself by getting a meal deal for two while herself is away, a shameful goon

E:. 9, a sexual position much like the 69 except you're alone so you just lie there, full of Indian

loving hell did you eat two indian takeaways with all the naan and rice too

jacksbrat
Oct 15, 2012

The Question IRL posted:

True. It also depends on the type of equipment and type of allergen.

For instance with gluten and wheat, it needs to be ground up really fine. Which makes the possibility of some being left behind on the machinery even after a clean quite high.

That makes sense, I know people with serious nut allergies whose reaction to "may contain traces" is "meh", and coeliacs who have to firmly insist that their food isn't made on the same surfaces as non-coeliac food lest they spend 3 days in absolute agony.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Okay I'm going to go absolutely 100% :tinfoil: here because there's a lorry with a crane dropping what looks a *lot* like an industrial backup generator into the car park of the school on my estate - the box itself is unmarked (looks like a shortened ISO container) but it is the exact dimensions and has the same side doors as the ones my company uses for temporary backup when working on the UPS at our smaller data centres.

Now it could just be a coincidence and this is just some temporary storage for some building work or something but at this point in history I'm going to assume someone's dusting off some plans last updated around 1994.
Unmarked shipping container being dropped into a school playground?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Okay I'm going to go absolutely 100% :tinfoil: here

No poo poo,

Imagine looking at the evidence of Brexit/Covid and thinking that the government has made or will enact any disaster contingency planning, when their response to various unfolding crises has been to shrug their shoulders and blame it on.... (checks notes)... uhm being too woke??

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

loving hell did you eat two indian takeaways with all the naan and rice too

For the record, I had it for dinner, and then breakfast lunch and dinner the next day. So still disgusting, but in a slightly different way

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

A brother of mine never drank milk and had to have ALL his teeth removed at the age of 16 as they were falling apart.

Drank semi skimmed for twenty years before returning to the standard stuff, gods all those wasted years.

Skimmed milk tastes like white water.

Genetically i'm fully adapted to dairy but exclude the precious cheese as it goes directly to my waistline (that's only handy in a Famine).

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

Just Another Lurker posted:

I have to have a low fat, high protein and calcium diet for medical reasons, so I drink skimmed milk by the gallon, and it is lovely thank you, as well as being literally a lifesaver. :colbert:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Just Another Lurker posted:

A brother of mine never drank milk and had to have ALL his teeth removed at the age of 16 as they were falling apart.

Drank semi skimmed for twenty years before returning to the standard stuff, gods all those wasted years.

Genetically i'm fully adapted to dairy but exclude the precious cheese as it goes directly to my waistline (that's only handy in a Famine).

Good news friend, if the Tories carry on like this I'll probably be grateful for these fat reserves around my waist (and chest and legs and arms and arse)

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

keep punching joe posted:

No poo poo,

Imagine looking at the evidence of Brexit/Covid and thinking that the government has made or will enact any disaster contingency planning, when their response to various unfolding crises has been to shrug their shoulders and blame it on.... (checks notes)... uhm being too woke??

Hah, I came to the exact same realisation as I was talking to someone else about this - thinking this government has plans for *anything* beyond this:

is the real insane conspiracy.

e: Lol I decided to try an attachment for literally the first time ever because I happened to have the image already on my hard drive and now I can't remove it, so have the same image again, for free:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

goddamnedtwisto fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Oct 4, 2021

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Things are going great for your country when the military has to be drafted to drive trucks for civilian gas lol Britain is gonna do great against functioning countries like China

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

The UK collapsing will be a good thing and i don't care if thats actually true or the therapist tweet meme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I used to work in Estates in a Uni and these constantly had to be upgraded/replaced so I don't really think that means anything :shrug: