Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

My favorite Finnish Heavyweight Champion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

History Comes Inside! posted:

The last time I saw Buddy Murphy doing anything it was leapfrogging with the other one in NXT as their ring entrance while looking generic as gently caress, I didn’t care then and I don’t care now.

He had banger tv matches with Malakai Black on WWE TV, which is baffling. They actually let them have real matches. Sadly the fallout of their final match was Buddy became a henchman to Seth and Black started getting sympathy babyface beatdowns from heel groups for months. I just wanna see him wrestle Black again fully unrestricted.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Blaise330 posted:

He had banger tv matches with Malakai Black on WWE TV, which is baffling. They actually let them have real matches. Sadly the fallout of their final match was Buddy became a henchman to Seth and Black started getting sympathy babyface beatdowns from heel groups for months. I just wanna see him wrestle Black again fully unrestricted.

I bet PWG books it within 4 months.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I KNOW IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN BUT NOW I NEED DANHAUSEN AND SUZUKI DOING THE TEQUILA DANCE

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I knew that motherfucker was up to something!

Wha... what is SANADA doing with this face? He... he can do that!?! :aaa:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Buddy Murphy is good he would have had good matches in AEW, but I’m sure other still will...

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Bring in Gunner to reform Gunner and Murphy in TNA

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The saga continues

https://mobile.twitter.com/lulupencil_gtmv/status/1444758534390964228

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I really hope that they are successful as these misadventures are great.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/SwoleWorld/status/1444867249362378755

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
This is only missing the weird emotions of "horn fanfare makes you think it's Lord Tariq and Peter Gunz but it's just Shakira"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M85l1qW8x18

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Pinwiz11 posted:

I KNOW IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN BUT NOW I NEED DANHAUSEN AND SUZUKI DOING THE TEQUILA DANCE

Hell, I want to see Suzuki come back to AEW to do a series with Orange Cassidy.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

This photo exemplifies one of the main reasons why I love Minoru Suzuki

Because he is a legitimate badarse. A strong, tough man who is actually scary in the ring. Who terrorizes young boys and audience members alike. A respected multi decade professional who has been touted as having "the worst personality in the world." Beloved by hardcore fans, who has bled, and made others bleed more times than he can remember.

Yet is also prepared to pose for a photo with the silly man in silly make up without a second thought, and none of it diminishes any of his terrifying nasty man aura.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
glad to see joey as the voice of reason on whether or not you should throw whole panes of glass at children, which apparently some people are cool with

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1444814076404801540

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Because he is a legitimate badarse. A strong, tough man who is actually scary in the ring. Who terrorizes young boys and audience members alike. A respected multi decade professional who has been touted as having "the worst personality in the world." Beloved by hardcore fans, who has bled, and made others bleed more times than he can remember.

Yet is also prepared to pose for a photo with the silly man in silly make up without a second thought, and none of it diminishes any of his terrifying nasty man aura.

Suzuki has "Michael Caine in Muppets Christmas Carol" energy. He embraces silliness by knowing that the funniest thing he can do is to play it absolutely straight. He gives silliness the respect of treating it seriously.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

glad to see joey as the voice of reason on whether or not you should throw whole panes of glass at children, which apparently some people are cool with

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1444814076404801540

oh my god there's so much wrong here what the gently caress

who the hell takes like 5 year old tots to a god damned death match show for starters

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

BrigadierSensible posted:

Lamuella posted:

Suzuki has "Michael Caine in Muppets Christmas Carol" energy. He embraces silliness by knowing that the funniest thing he can do is to play it absolutely straight. He gives silliness the respect of treating it seriously.

Suzuki is one of the best comedy wrestlers precisely because he's the last person you'd expect to do comedy wrestling.

Objective proof will follow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utr_7M4_2Tk

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Every so often I think about the time Chris Charlton did live translations for a Minoru Suzuki Q&A at Suzuki's shop, and the look on Suzuki's face when he realized Charlton wasn't up to speed on his One Piece lore :lol:

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Edge & Christian posted:

This is only missing the weird emotions of "horn fanfare makes you think it's Lord Tariq and Peter Gunz but it's just Shakira"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M85l1qW8x18

Holy poo poo I thought I was the only person in the world who had this problem.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Don Callis... good?

https://twitter.com/TheDonCallis/status/1444850622793228289?s=19

Mistaken For Bacon
Apr 26, 2003

juno.com, oh my god

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I imagine Metlzer's mail box is probably as messy as work room and has important emails from the 90's still in the inbox

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

it's his dad's juno dot com email address, which is even better

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

lol

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/TheDonCallis/status/1444851881554202624?s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Karma Tornado posted:

it's his dad's juno dot com email address, which is even better

It absolutely kills me every time I see it. He still uses Papa Meltzer's email address from close to 30 years ago. Just wonderful.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/realchaseowens/status/1445036333353746435

Time to retire ace. There's no coming back from this.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/vintagepuro/status/1445043737650995203?s=20

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

smarxist posted:

oh my god there's so much wrong here what the gently caress

who the hell takes like 5 year old tots to a god damned death match show for starters

Kids at deathmatches will never stop perplexing me. As a parent, it’s not my job to tell people how to parent their own but I would never take my kids to a show unless it was specifically geared towards all ages. And even then it would be under a tight watch because wrestlers are dangerous perverts.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Yeah, a deathmatch show is a step too far for me on involving kids. Indie shows in general really depends on the card and promotion.

That said, one of my favourite live wrestling show moments I’ve experienced was at the Smash v Progress show in Toronto on Summerslam weekend. It was a 14+ show and a guy had brought a kid who was clearly 10-12ish.

The announcer went to the kid in the audience at the start of the show and did a bit saying “now this is a 14+ show, so you need to be 14 to be allowed here. How old are you?” and the entire crowd started chanting “HE’S 14! HE’S 14!” In unison after the kid answered.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Was this actually clean? Is chase really good now? Was the finish a shock? Was it a good match? Also Chase looks so bad

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Shard posted:

Was this actually clean? Is chase really good now? Was the finish a shock? Was it a good match? Also Chase looks so bad

Yep, a dirty pin a bit earlier but otherwise the whole match was clean. Not incredible, but he's definitely solid. Hell yeah the finish was a shock, it's Tanahashi. I thought it was a good match, but the whole show was real good so that might be coloring it. And yeah, Chase does not have a great look, but he's a lower card heel so I'll give him a pass on that.

It's absolutely shocking how good the non-EVIL Bullet Club guys have been this tournament, looking at the lineup no-one could have predicted it

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

I mean chase is a well known sexual harasser of minors and one of the reasons I don't watch njpw along with ospreay

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

That’s Chasyn Rance dude.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Chase has always been good, it's just that NJPW's roster is and was loaded with great talent when he was first put in Bullet Club

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

coconono posted:

It's also Chase. As I recall, he was called out for at least grooming 15 year-olds if nothing else.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

coconono posted:

no it's chase too https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/hc3vxj/its_hard_to_share_this_but_chase_owens_is_yet/

edit: chase has never been and i presume still isn't a good wrestler regardless of how awful a person he is lol

brian fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Oct 4, 2021

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

brian posted:

I mean chase is a well known sexual harasser of minors and one of the reasons I don't watch njpw along with ospreay

Fair enough

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Removing chase’s name from the good ones pile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Bad people can still do good matches, it's one of the symptoms of the business being so scummy. I'm able to watch people like Chase or YO-HEY without thinking about the horrible stuff they've done, but some cannot and that's fine too.