Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

JackDRipper posted:

They used that bug. However, they waited till AFTER the invasion had started. This way they were able to raise it without us being able to even attempt to counter it. It was not a large amount of people doing the quest.

so nothing to do with the thread huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

JackDRipper posted:

They used that bug. However, they waited till AFTER the invasion had started. This way they were able to raise it without us being able to even attempt to counter it. It was not a large amount of people doing the quest.

Knowing this much about AA bullshit is not a mark in your favor.

And gearing out goons in a video game doesn’t mean much when you’re protecting a pedophile to do it lmao

Let it go, unless you’re a TT kite, in which case please continue.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

JackDRipper posted:

1. This is all crap from the past being dragged up conveniently after TT has had the OP for 2+ years without so much as a single voice calling for his head.

lots of us have been insulting TT in this forum for years, up to and including in the previous thread before it blew up. if you werent paying attention cool, i dont care

Ad by Khad posted:

goon guilds are pretty fine and chill as long as you wait for Tempus Thales to flame out / get kicked out and move on to his next Game Of The Week before joining it

just make sure he takes his GDN spybot with him when he goes

I myself had a pretty lovely time in the Atlas goon group specifically by waiting for the TT/Kimsemus goof troop to gently caress the gently caress off before I joined it

Ad by Khad fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Oct 4, 2021

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Dalmuti posted:

Delta Sqad is da best

i will never reveal the Delta Sqad secret

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So I definitely saw this coming but it’s been confirmed. TT will not hand over the governor chair and will most likely kick me from UwU by the time I’m home. Everyone should leave UwU and ask for an invite to the other two goon guilds.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

game is good

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
lol yeah he's having a meltdown in his discord now and everyone is making GBS threads on him. I left the server but I should have stayed for the laughs. What an absolute shithead.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
New Discord for US East.

https://discord.gg/nN2RXUeG

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Anita Dickinme posted:

So I definitely saw this coming but it’s been confirmed. TT will not hand over the governor chair and will most likely kick me from UwU by the time I’m home. Everyone should leave UwU and ask for an invite to the other two goon guilds.

how does this affect the goons in pantaloons

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Deviant posted:

how does this affect the goons in pantaloons

Not at all. Just hop in the new discord and you’re golden.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Anita Dickinme posted:

Not at all. Just hop in the new discord and you’re golden.

i mean yeah but i wasnt sure if that in-game leadership was also having a co-meltdown or anything

Unrelated: What sort of armor for a fire staff / ice glove build?

I was thinking medium all + heavy shirt to get into the medium category for some mitigation.

Though the Light category 20% damage might help.

Anasurimbur
Nov 18, 2010

SHODAN Processing Component 43893
I want to stress that the following post isn't meant to condemn anyone having fun. I think the game has an appeal and it hooked me, too, for the first several hours of gameplay. However, it took less than a week and I'm done with the game. It might be something that I check in on every now and then but I think it has substantial issues and I find it mostly vapid and uninteresting:

- Professions give you the idea at an early level that they are deep and complex. They aren't. Crafting professions are just numerical improvements over the previous batch of tools. They "help" with the oncoming storm of forced farming that you will inevitably face, but the help is usually in the form of a small % increase. So your large iron nodes give 45-46 iron, instead of the flat 40. And they might take 1-2 less hits. Woo.

- Higher level crafting is exponential increase land. It's not complex or interesting, it just requires more and more farming. The farming isn't exactly fun or crazy, either. There are loops you can find for just about anything. All of this is also gated behind the relatively rare (it'll get worse as you force level a profession) crafting resources like flux, sand paper, etc. What do I mean by exponential?

Iron ingots take 4 iron ore.
Steel takes 3 iron ingots (12 iron ore)
Star Metal ingots take 2 steel (24 iron ore)
Orichalcum Ingots take 2 Star Metal (48 iron ore)

Your Orichalcum tools will take 2,016 iron ore for a single set not including any re-crafts because you didn't get a perk you wanted. 2016 iron ore is about 2-3 perfect runs with Star Metal tools without looting ANY OTHER THING during that time. And then again - what's the point? You are farming to farm better so that you can farm better once you farm better.

This ends up being true of every other profession. Later woods require earlier woods. Later forms of silk and fiberwire require hemp farming. All of that on top of the new ore / metal, etc. Gold ends up requiring silver. Platinum requires gold.

"Well, with new tools you will farm more." Not really. It's a hit or two extra on nodes, and the nodes produce only 1-4 more depending on the size of the node you're hitting. And since everyone is still going to need iron, you're going to constantly be competing for that as a resource.

- All of this feel especially bad for lumberjacking. It feels, at first, like it's fun and peaceful. I felt that way. Until I got to around skill level 100 and realized how much more of this I still had to do. They had the opportunity to make this part of the game system more complex - perhaps different regions had different trees, and the woods from those trees gave different stats or perks to your items. Alas, you hit a single tree-type from 1-50 until you unlock "the next tree." Then you do that for 2-3 times longer until you unlock "yet another tree." And yet it's all just the same.

And you need so. Much. Wood.

- Cooking is the only profession where the game isn't just "make a better version of this" or so it seemed. Even then, it wasn't "complex" so much as just over-tuned / built. Recipes require herbs. 3 herbs grow in each region. You have to find an herb patch and subsequently get lucky on getting the herb that you need because it's a 1/3 chance. Or you could do what I did - I spent an hour farming herbs in a noob area and got a whopping 50 of each of the three herbs in that region. Since there are 10-12 regions, you could probably do that for 50 herbs from each place spending 10-12 hours.

- The economy doesn't really matter or exist because anyone can do what you do. There's no diversity or uniqueness.

- PvE combat is boring and uninspired. Once you've been to one farm area and mine you've seen almost 50% of what the game has to offer. Most monsters are reskins of each other. You can pick between:

- Zombies.
- Pirate zombies
- Farmer zombies
- Mining zombies
- Skeletons called ancients that have the same abilities as the aforementioned zombies
- Corrupted zombies
- Corrupted priest types
- Gargoyle bat things
- Giant berserker dudes
- Grave zombies
- Ghosts

- The dungeon was an ok experience, but the first boss is tuned in such a way that makes no sense for a first dungeon in a game. You spend the whole dudgeon thinking "I need a tank to tank this, they need to build into tanking" only to get to the final boss and get immediately punished for attempting to tank him.

- Quests? Each town has 3-5 of them. One or two end up being a chain and then you're done. If you finish early, you have to spend the rest of your time running town board missions which require crafting, require farming (especially the cooking quests. They're awful in terms of their requirements for farming), or run the same PvP mission over and over and over and over and over. And that PvP mission isn't really a PvP mission - it's a PvE mission that just requires you to be flagged. They're also at set spawn locations across the map.

- Rifts? Uninspired and boring. They're not really great exp and mostly used for grinding gear. IF you do it in a huge group of 15-20 you had better hope you hit the mechanic correctly or you don't get any rewards at all for being there. From what I could tell there were about 5-6 rift styles:

- Kill the elk boss
- Kill the doors
- Kill the papule
- Kill the tentacle

I'm sure I'm missing something in there.

- Town board missions.

- Kill this thing
- Loot a chest in this place
- Craft this thing
- Fish this thing

Over and over and over....

- So folks say the game is about PvP but the PvP in the game is bizarre, imbalanced, and gated.

- I spent the first 4-5 days as spear and would get completely destroyed. Knowing what I know now about the 2H axe, I know that I was actually doing MUCH BETTER than most people using spear. The spear would do around 2-5% damage to someone's health per hit, and the knock downs would often bug out on players or just be worthy of enough damage (the whole spear feel / combination is to knock something down and do extra damage to them.)

- After getting absolutely destroyed in 1v1s, I swapped to 2 handed axe. Without anything but a single ability (the suck-in axe ability) I started to ----TROUNCE---- people in PvP. A "quick attack" axe combination would do about 50% health damage to someone on level parity with me. From there, you dodge where they dodge, use your Q "suck" and pull them back in for another combo. Rinse, repeat. When I unlocked the charge a few levels later this all got even easier. Someone who got away can no longer get away.

- The only exception to this is someone running life staff. The life staff feels nigh broken in PvP. On one outing, I was in a 2v1 against a life staff user. Myself (32 at the time) and a 42 against a level 36 life staff user. IT took us over 10-15 minutes to kill this guy. Perhaps we were just bad, but many non-life staff users fell over the past week.

- Bow seems like a great ranged if only because you can get away so fast with it. A good Bow player will probably wreck someone in 1v1, although the axe charge saw me putting many bow users down very, very quickly.

- Ice gauntlet is ok at slowing / causing confusion in hordes.

- Have we talked about how you only get three abilities per weapon? So 6 total on a build? That's exciting? My Might and Magic 6 characters had more complexity than what this game has to offer, here...

- The fact that a group of players can constantly flag against you without any limit or cool down simply by having a camp nearby is just ridiculously silly to me. Those players who have already died are worth nothing to you to kill them again, but if they manage to kill you or anyone in your group they get a tasty exp bonus. Why this is an experience in a 2021 MMO, I don't know. If you lose your battle I could see one more chance to come back and try. I don't see why they should get an infinite amount of chances to constantly spawn near you.

- Fort PvP / City PvP is going to be a mostly closed off experience that I would say most players won't ever enjoy. Many of those guilds already run secondary guilds attempting to buy land (heck, wasn't UwU doing just that?) So many players are affected by results of things that they have no say over.

- I can't speak to personal experience with guild related management, but have heard it's atrocious. When signing folks up for the war board, you have to move through an unfilterable list to find the folks you want. There's no way to track who donated cash.

- Credit where credit is due, the game has amazing sound

- And it looks pretty.

------------------------

I dunno. I don't see the appeal of this game. I tried to like it, but it's a hyper-farmy number crunch that gets worse and worse with time, and has incomplete gameplay outside of professions.

If you like it, or are having fun, that's what's important. I definitely feel as if I got my cash from the game and so from that stand point perhaps it's a recommendation.

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012
What are we SA goons but domestic abuser-adjacents, as conferred by our lord and founder lowtax :chord:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Fun fact posting this gets you banned from the other discord in seconds.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Its all about the Fishing.

Anita Dickinme posted:

4 days before the split. Who had 4 days in the pool?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

bagmonkey posted:

Holy gently caress these threads have almost made up for the bajillion hours in the queue!

I re-rolled on Trapalanda with another Goon, now I have a level 18 on there along with my level 19 on Rollyo. I need to figure out what weapon skills I wanna settle on for these two because so far I've done sword and shield, rapier, musket, bow, ice gauntlet and nothing has really said gently caress yeah to me. Probably gonna try great axe and warhammer tonight, maybe life staff idk. I'm having a ton of fun and the goon drama is just icing on the cake

my level 18 is on trapalanda too, what's your ign? maybe we can group sometime

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

my level 18 is on trapalanda too, what's your ign? maybe we can group sometime

Levi Goulet, new neighbor who lives kiddy corner from ya over there

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

JackDRipper posted:

No the fishing pacts was my big brain idea to the officers in AA. TT had nothing on that one :). I love how people are still up in arms in that one too. It's not like it didn't fund 30 merchant ships, +10 fishing ships, and got the ball rolling on the gear for goons. I also love the fact the very people who complained about it either A. Never did PVP B. Had just come to the server or C. Used it to troll and gas 2 threads after that glorious implosion. So let's get the facts straight shall we and then move on.

1. This is all crap from the past being dragged up conveniently after TT has had the OP for 2+ years without so much as a single voice calling for his head.

2. Most of the people in that convo bringing up the dreaded BFM, Fishing PACT, Albion Gold, or racial slurs, have in fact been guilty of associating with people that use racial slurs, have done shady poo poo themselves, or just hate TT over the years.

3. I also find it fascinating that one of the VERY same guilds that we continued to crush in AA also war dec'd the town right when somebody dragged up this nonsense. Just good Amazing Timing or Luck?

4. Folks should understand the discord needs to be addressed, I'm sure some folks are going to scream about the leadership dont worry we have 2 other companies on the server, more than one leader and plenty of others with experience from Beta.

5. Folks have to make the decision for themselves if they want to quit and not be associated with these companies and that's fine, in the end its a video game.

So here's to another MMO drama to start the week, here's to those that fish non-stop, and most of all here's to us still getting the popcorn out and enjoying the real New World with Old Drama.

P.S Get ready WAR.

:rubby:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

loving :laffo:

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

what the hell is a substack

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
I thought this thread would would be less funny than the old one and lmao was I wrong

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Babe Magnet posted:

should the Server Status page be in the OP maybe?

https://www.newworld.com/en-us/support/server-status

so people can keep tabs on goon-gathering server availability

e: it's none of them right now, btw lol

Done.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

Yay, new thread. :toot:

Can we get the info on the EU companies in the OP too?

Wu Tang Company is currently on Zerzura EU, which is locked for new characters. We plan to transfer together to a new server once we get the option to do that, so if you're located in EU and want to join I suggest you start leveling a character and join the Covenant. Come hang out on our Discord, https://discord.gg/pFJezJ8NMd, and we'll keep you updated on where we'll end up.
We're currently around 40 people on Discord, and except the Sonic meme channel, we're drama free.

Done!

You guys changing guilds over? Let me know what to update and when.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

2DCAT posted:

I thought this thread would would be less funny than the old one and lmao was I wrong

holy gently caress i can't stop laughing

Anita Dickinme posted:

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

lol yeah he's having a meltdown in his discord now and everyone is making GBS threads on him. I left the server but I should have stayed for the laughs. What an absolute shithead.

That Works posted:

Fun fact posting this gets you banned from the other discord in seconds.

lmaooooooooooooooooooooooo

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Deviant posted:

what the hell is a substack

WordPress and Patreon had a baby basically, and it's full of libertarians.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

I tried to link this hilarity to Feds but this forum is paywalled

They are the big covenant group on royllo so maybe have a chat with them about all this *gestures wildly at everything*

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

CLAM DOWN posted:

Yes, we're changing discords and there's a new guild. I'm currently leading the new company, Communal Unity Movement, at least for the present time. I'm also the one that made the discord, here's a permalink to it: https://discord.gg/Yk5xAH68Hj

I've already started contacting FED as well, but the thought right now is to let Brightwood fall, and recapture it afterwards.

:siren: IMPORTANT FOR CURRENT PLAYERS: If you are in GIP or Aeternum Cruiselines, don’t move, the people running those companies are cool and onboard with the change already. ONLY the UwU guild is reforming, and will be used to invite people as the other two companies fill up.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I told Tempus we needed a leadership restructure. I told him if we don’t then we’ll have a goon split and there would be five members in UwU next week. I even told him he can stay just to appease him and he lost his poo poo on us. Straight up man-child meltdown. He then left the cat herder chat and made some announcement in Discord. I followed up the announcement by telling everyone to leave UwU and join the new discord and I got banned but definitely wasn’t surprised.

e: beaten

Anita Dickinme fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Oct 4, 2021

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
Title? I dont need no stinkin' Title

CLAM DOWN posted:

Done.

Done!

We’re working on that right now and will get you updates as soon as things settle down a little bit, but basically current guilds right now are:

Goons in Pantaloons led by Wreckis
Aeternam Cruiselines led by me (Quillz in game)
And the new guild created & led by Skyblazer this morning: Communal Unity Movement.

GiP is currently full, AC has about 65 slots and CUM is fresh so should have lots of space. As things shake out over the next few days we will consolidate as needed (likely AC -> CUM, we’ll see), but many folks (like myself) are at work so east coast folks please bear with us as we transition & join the new discord for updates/additional info as it develops.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Ad by Khad posted:

I tried to link this hilarity to Feds but this forum is paywalled

They are the big covenant group on royllo so maybe have a chat with them about all this *gestures wildly at everything*
the leader of Fed was gushing about us on discord on saturday night after stopping like 3 serious pushes against brightwood and coordinating to help them in everfall in thanks for defending the brightwood fort.

she's gonna be so confused about this when she finds out lol

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
The SA path of exile community went into exile to a new discord server specifically to dodge TT lol, where does the idea that nobody knew about his antics before today come from

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
Ok beaten multiple times but I just like that CUM is one of our new goon guilds and just wanted to type it out again because I’m a child.

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002

please knock Mom! posted:

The SA path of exile community went into exile to a new discord server specifically to dodge TT lol, where does the idea that nobody knew about his antics before today come from

I’ve been on SA for a long time, but I don’t typically hang out in this sub so you can’t expect people to know who the local idiots are for every subforum community.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

CUM play, my lord!

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Ash1138 posted:

the leader of Fed was gushing about us on discord on saturday night after stopping like 3 serious pushes against brightwood and coordinating to help them in everfall in thanks for defending the brightwood fort.

she's gonna be so confused about this when she finds out lol

I warned them about TT a little over a week ago, it's not coming completely outta nowhere for them

Just kinda outta nowhere

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Ragaman posted:

We’re working on that right now and will get you updates as soon as things settle down a little bit, but basically current guilds right now are:

Goons in Pantaloons led by Wreckis
Aeternam Cruiselines led by me (Quillz in game)
And the new guild created & led by Skyblazer this morning: Communal Unity Movement.

GiP is currently full, AC has about 65 slots and CUM is fresh so should have lots of space. As things shake out over the next few days we will consolidate as needed (likely AC -> CUM, we’ll see), but many folks (like myself) are at work so east coast folks please bear with us as we transition & join the new discord for updates/additional info as it develops.

Skyl3lazer posted:

Yes, we're changing discords and there's a new guild. I'm currently leading the new company, Communal Unity Movement, at least for the present time. I'm also the one that made the discord, here's a permalink to it: https://discord.gg/Yk5xAH68Hj

I've already started contacting FED as well, but the thought right now is to let Brightwood fall, and recapture it afterwards.

:siren: IMPORTANT FOR CURRENT PLAYERS: If you are in GIP or Aeternum Cruiselines, don’t move, the people running those companies are cool and onboard with the change already. ONLY the UwU guild is reforming, and will be used to invite people as the other two companies fill up.

Okay so please confirm for me if this looks okay, I am very confused atm

East Coast Goon Conglomerate
Company Names: Communal Unity Movement & Goons in Pantaloons & Aeternam Cruiselines
Server: NA East -
Faction: Covenant
Discord/Invites: https://discord.gg/Yk5xAH68Hj

What's your server? Ryollo? Something like that?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Anita Dickinme posted:

I told Tempus we needed a leadership restructure. I told him if we don’t then we’ll have a goon split and there would be five members in UwU next week. I even told him he can stay just to appease him and he lost his poo poo on us. Straight up man-child meltdown. He then left the cat herder chat and made some announcement in Discord. I followed up the announcement by telling everyone to leave UwU and join the new discord and I got banned but definitely wasn’t surprised.

e: beaten

lmao

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Royllo is correct

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Oct 4, 2021

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Ragaman posted:

I’ve been on SA for a long time, but I don’t typically hang out in this sub so you can’t expect people to know who the local idiots are for every subforum community.

Yeah same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CLAM DOWN posted:

Okay so please confirm for me if this looks okay, I am very confused atm

East Coast Goon Conglomerate
Company Names: Communal Unity Movement & Goons in Pantaloons & Aeternam Cruiselines
Server: NA East -
Faction: Covenant
Discord/Invites: https://discord.gg/Yk5xAH68Hj

What's your server? Ryollo? Something like that?

Yep, looks good. Could you also add a disclaimer to completely avoid Underpaid Workers Union please? I’m sure he’s going to quit playing for a week but just want to be safe.