Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Perhaps more interesting than Crow is the implication that Savathun can restore memories of guardians

I think it was because she was riding along in his skull via Riven that she was able to restore those memories, rather than re-threading what used to exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Blind Rasputin posted:

It says alot that Telesto’s lore tab always held a secret message in it hinting that Crow was the bad guy.
That's from back when he was Uldren, before he died. He was also called Crow back then in meta-reference to the old E3 trailer.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I was under the impression she just showed him what happened and didn't give him his memories.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mesadoram posted:

I was under the impression she just showed him what happened and didn't give him his memories.

she forced him to replay year 1 destiny 2

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Mesadoram posted:

He said he tasted the blood in his mouth, sounds like he got a bit more than the third person deathcam

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

No he was coincidentally eating while talking to Savathun and bit his cheek really hard.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
They need to establish that Savathun can restore guardians' memories because otherwise all her Hive with Ghosts next season would be like, who the hell are you and why do I care

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

They need to establish that Savathun can restore guardians' memories because otherwise all her Hive with Ghosts next season would be like, who the hell are you and why do I care

Isn’t that pretty much what Guardians say about the Traveler at first?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

the existence of hive guardians implies the existence of hive drifter

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hive drifter is simply smooth drifter. Though based on that shattered realm secret we might get Scorn Shaxx

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Kith posted:

he must be sassy all the time or his worm consumes him

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

How much of a poo poo would the Hive really give when their whole lives have just been conquest and idiotic sword logic poo poo.

And regular guardians don't remember anything anyway do they? They can just have some Hive equivalent of the speaker tell the guardians what to do and why.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Well let me take it a step further. Newly rez'd Hive Knight is going to ask Savathun who she is, and she's gonna say, "I have no idea"

So she's got some more schemes going on, and giving Crow his memories is a little sneak preview of it, methinks

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kith posted:

You dropped a titan on the enemy team! Hope you're proud, I am

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm going to guess Hive Guardians are going to function differently then normal guardians, or it's going to be a "stolen light" or "artificial light" sort of deal where they get all the powers of the light without the whole connection to the traveler and stuff. Like, Hive ghosts aren't normal ghosts too.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

PERMACAV 50 posted:

He said he tasted the blood in his mouth, sounds like he got a bit more than the third person deathcam

It’s not blood, it’s victory wine.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

Yeah, that’s my impression as well. Although that gives the implication that she’s the camera man. :tinfoil:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

They better program Hive Guardians to crouch up and down over my dinklebot and also shoot in the air in circles

Or try to open loot chests before me

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hive guardians are just them testing guardian ai to add proper guardian enemies and bots in crucible

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hive guardians are just them testing guardian ai to add proper guardian enemies and bots in crucible

But there are plenty of bots already in crucible???? :v:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Seems like a lot of effort for that end goal. Seems like it'd be easier to build that AI and just use existing assets.

I could see it being dual purpose tech. Could be neat to get some new forms of PvE modes that take use of more sophisticated AI, like a gambit remix that has you against and AI team or something.

But also, who's to say Hive Guardians aren't just going to be typical enemies/bosses only they can pull out supers on you to ruin your day? That said, if they still have stomps I'll go ape poo poo.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I hope hive guardians resurrect after ${x} seconds and you have to nuke their ghost that's just chillin there.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hive guardians in Gambit :getin:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

DoomTrainPhD posted:

I hope hive guardians resurrect after ${x} seconds and you have to nuke their ghost that's just chillin there.

There’s been some quick gameplay snippets from Witch Queen where you do exactly this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bkKwhMgI6s

End scene in this trailer

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Theres been some quick gameplay snippets from Witch Queen where you do exactly this

yesssssssss :getin:

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

But also, who's to say Hive Guardians aren't just going to be typical enemies/bosses only they can pull out supers on you to ruin your day? That said, if they still have stomps I'll go ape poo poo.

Thundercrash into a stomp for good measure.

edit: Slide shotgunning still a thing? Got a fractethyst with accurized, corkscrew, slideshot, opening shot and a ranged MW. It's... a lot of range. Also I'm bad at pvp.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hive hunters that just shatterdive non-stop

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hive hunters that just shatterdive non-stop

Oh hi Satan, when did you enter the thread?

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Hive Guardians don't have access to stasis.

The real question, does their worm get rezzed alongside them, or is Savathun playing a very long game of getting her own army here.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Her whole plan is to be free of her Worm, so she still has to convince us to

-Kill her worm
-Kill her
-Upload her memory to the corrupted vex network or something so she can restore her memories after she gets her spiny ghost

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

I finally got the special version of the Corrupted strike done for the "Darkness in the Light" quest thanks to some of the fine folks in the Discord, but now I'm stuck in Gambit Hell for the foreseeable future. How many wins do you need for that one? Because now I'm getting the spectacular run of bad Gambit luck.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

No Hive will betray the worm gods without some real tangible evidence that they’re cutting their own worms out.

And since that evidence will be great recruiting propaganda for the lucent brood we are sure to see it.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

He was suddenly hit by a barrage of cutscenes and intro missions out of order, when he says he needs time to work it out he means he needs to go watch some BYF videos to figure out what order it goes in.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Finally got bleak watcher this week after realizing I hated the survival challenge like 6 months ago.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

muike posted:

Finally got bleak watcher this week after realizing I hated the survival challenge like 6 months ago.

It's not that bad, the only thing that happens when you reach 10 stacks is your health going down reaaaaaally slowly. If you have any abilities, mods or perks that restore health you can literally ignore it.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Bobby Deluxe posted:

He was suddenly hit by a barrage of cutscenes and intro missions out of order, when he says he needs time to work it out he means he needs to go watch some BYF videos to figure out what order it goes in.

That poor bastard...

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

It's not that bad, the only thing that happens when you reach 10 stacks is your health going down reaaaaaally slowly. If you have any abilities, mods or perks that restore health you can literally ignore it.

Also at the boss fight you really shouldn’t be getting stacks at all, you should be killing the goblins and picking up their Flamin’ Hot gambit motes.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMtXIv7JtMw

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Anybody got a xur check point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Beyond Light is hitting PC GamePass on Oct 12. This does not include any season passes, unless you bought them elsewhere and have cross-save set up.