Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Cool guy's restricted who can respond to this specific tweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

> Well, it's a good thing that I and many others don't care if something is perceived as Bush League because we're secure enough in ourselves to prioritize whether something is enjoyable vs how "credible" it is, like that even matters

Secure in yourselves what?

The whole "AEW is awesome" tribalism is based on self-reassurance and circlejerking validation of your taste in wrestling being the superior one and the only way to "save" the dying business/form of art.

But that's besides any point I was making.

> If goofy poo poo in wrestling isn't your thing then I get it, but if your reaction is this strong about something that took 15 seconds and wasn't aired, then that's just weird, bro.

My reaction is not to that 15 seconds segment. Is to the relentless circle of praise and choir-preaching every discourse about wrestling devolves into.

WWE is stale as last week's bread, we all know that. But I'm also tired of being sold that TK's real-life game of GM Mode is the way to go.

Especially if it's starting to follow on TNA's footsteps and becoming WWE 2.0, only with more flips and meta/quirky stuff that appeals the hardcore fanbase.

The point is, if AEW was supposed to be an alternative, I'd be ok with that, regardless of it being my cup of tea or not. But the moment they start on replicating the mistakes WWE have been accused of by the same fans who now shower TK's creature with praises, it gets annoying quickly.

Increasingly larger and crowded roster, with many "potential top guys" and not enough spots. Too many hours of product. The owner being involved a bit too much.
All we need now is 50/50 booking and a few Special Guys winning way too often and the metamorphosis is complete.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
"The Guy" is the stupidest thing WWE have ever sold their moron fans on.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
None of that makes any sense

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

So what I'm getting is that if AEW started booking like WWE it would be bad, therefore AEW is bad.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

All I took from that wall of words was “I don’t really like wrestling”

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
A common thread in these is “AEW fans are too positive about the product” because they’re not familiar with the sensation of not being constantly disappointed by the media you follow

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Liking WWE is like liking marvel: your faves are gonna establish an adventurous status quo long enough for the next crossover event to completely ruin it.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

There seems to be this swing voter air to these fans who don’t really like WWE. “I’m exactly who AEW has to convince so they must satisfy my very high standards before I deign to switch over to TNT”. Your loss buddy

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

You can pretty much find wrestling to your taste just about anywhere. AEW vs WWE being a zero sum game is false at best.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I just have to figure they're all Americans who don't want to get into lucha. My big advantage as an Australian is that all the Japanese promotions I care about have their shows at a good time to watch live so I don't have to give a poo poo about WWE or AEW, my schedule's full

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

You can pretty much find wrestling to your taste just about anywhere. AEW vs WWE being a zero sum game is false at best.

Yeah I keep saying that people can watch both AEW and WWE and any other promotions they have time for and while it's perfectly fine to have a favorite promotion there is no reason to get all console wars over this. It's like these people just enjoy having miserable arguments with everyone for the sake of arguing.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

A liberating but obvious conclusion I am really trying to embed in my consciousness.

There is more good wrestling out there than I could possibly watch, than I would have time to possibly watch. Between AEW, New Japan, Noah, DDT, and TJPW I can sit down at any time and watch recent great shows.

And that's not counting promotions I want to watch but haven't made time to watch like Stardom or Ice Ribbon or Dragon Gate.

And that's not counting the archives of promotions I am now into. I've never seen Suzuki-Gun's run in Noah. I haven't seen Nakajima's G1 run from 2016.

There's all this great stuff out there. So why waste my time caring about the shows that suck? Unless it's stuff that hurts people, obviously.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Pylons posted:

But the moment they start on replicating the mistakes WWE have been accused of by the same fans who now shower TK's creature with praises, it gets annoying quickly.

It baffles me that some people don't understand why doing something another person did poorly isn't inherently bad, if you're doing it way better than they did and/or learning from their mistakes.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Elephant Ambush posted:

Yeah I keep saying that people can watch both AEW and WWE and any other promotions they have time for and while it's perfectly fine to have a favorite promotion there is no reason to get all console wars over this. It's like these people just enjoy having miserable arguments with everyone for the sake of arguing.

Its a lot of people who are validated by their fandoms. Don't loving do that. Love yourself first and foremost. Enjoy wrestling secondarily. Don't be afraid, the mats of ichigaya square won't hurt you.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/LDial85/status/1445102691290652677?s=20

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Listen you dont want to waste Logan Dial’s very important time

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
what about guys on NXT is even remotely wasting his time

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Please, please, please listen to Mr. Dial here and release him.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/MightyManny_/status/1445109165609799683

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

I want to see what sort of gear they will put walter in once vince gets a looks at him

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

A giant diaper, because he is a big baby.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Can’t help but conclude that someone who celebrates trolling someone with a screen cap of Hanna-Barbera character Muttley laughing as at least 45 years old, and likely older.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Ringo Roadagain posted:

I want to see what sort of gear they will put walter in once vince gets a looks at him

They're going to make him an actual Victorian era general. He'll get a spandex bodysuit with medals and a waistcoat airbrushed on it.

He'll be an English general since he was in the UK and Vince will be mad that his accent is wrong.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Baron Von Bava Rides Again

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Zombie Lemur posted:

They're going to make him an actual Victorian era general. He'll get a spandex bodysuit with medals and a waistcoat airbrushed on it.

He'll be an English general since he was in the UK and Vince will be mad that his accent is wrong.

Honestly Prussian Catch Monster would be a fun gimmick.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Renaissance Spam posted:

Honestly Prussian Catch Monster would be a fun gimmick.

Only if he has a horse.

Or they have him do months of riding lessons and then scrap that part of the gimmick.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I never knew that this entire time Roman just wanted me to gently caress him. awwww

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol wwe's entire business plan is to waste people's time and it's working

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oh hey its the dude with the visible dent in his skull.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/AguileraSZN/status/1445115705876172805

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
People think Vince is playing 4D chess when he's actually throwing Candy Land pieces at a dartboard and getting increasingly angry that they're not sticking.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Love these "ah, but Vince tactically shat himself as an opening gambit" tweets.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Zombie Lemur posted:

If someone makes the mistake of showing Vince a Street Fighter game Walter is destined for a Dudley gimmick.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

I Before E posted:

If someone makes the mistake of showing Vince a Street Fighter game Walter is destined for a Dudley gimmick.

do you just mean a gentleman boxer type? since dudley is iirc black and british.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
has this guy been posted before

https://twitter.com/RealBShannon3/status/1437913479772508217
https://twitter.com/RealBShannon3/status/1442580324999892995
https://twitter.com/RealBShannon3/status/1445187561496977408
https://twitter.com/RealBShannon3/status/1440855898210009092
https://twitter.com/RealBShannon3/status/1432092350323494919

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yUGi2X42sQ

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Procrastinator posted:

do you just mean a gentleman boxer type? since dudley is iirc black and british.

Vince's brain is a pachinko machine of concepts, any input gets bounced around until it goes somewhere.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Procrastinator posted:

"But I'm white and Austrian.."
"Not today you're not, pal!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

God forbid WALTER never dances where Vince can see.