Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

take it back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

puttin on the ritz

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
sheetz whips rear end

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

homeless snail posted:

take it back.

verbal enema posted:

sheetz whips rear end

yeah it whips your rear end cream :xd:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Grouchio posted:

Neat.
I have never drank alcohol in my life.
I doubt I am missing out.

As someone who drinks occasionally and has never been drunk (probably) alcohol is okay, at least stuff like hard cider and mead. Also a shot of Wray and Nephew’s for a nightcap.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Aurora posted:

i can personally guarantee you a grocery store does not have cleaner floors than a gas station snail

they are cleaner in the five hours between getting machined over and store opening

source: pushing the machine

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Last Celebration posted:

As someone who drinks occasionally and has never been drunk (probably) alcohol is okay, at least stuff like hard cider and mead. Also a shot of Wray and Nephew’s for a nightcap.

cider is delicious and I don't care if it's just spicy apple juice

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

kirbysuperstar posted:

cider is delicious and I don't care if it's just spicy apple juice

Cider

Is good

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I once had an alcohol-free margarita one July 4th and it tasted great.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJotucMtNpM

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

This has been an... enlightening night awake because of insomnia and a hosed up sleep schedule due to said insomnia.

I wouldn't even know what gas station floor weed looks like, let alone know to smoke it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Margaritas are delicious, especially with extra salt on the lip of the glass

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

verbal enema posted:

also did some meth i found at the other gas station but that was much later

verbal enema posted:

Don't do that

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Some yuri artists are kickstarting an english translation of their butch4butch yuri manga anthology. or as they put it

quote:

Let's get hyped about "Boy Yuri", the genre that will make way for a new era of lesbian comics!

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
i'm glad advanced search on mangadex is back so i can efficiently look up all the shoujo & josei romance oneshots i remember liking

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Last Celebration posted:

Alcohol tastes bad. It's so bitter, I can't stand it.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Clarste posted:

:same: and I'm kinda relieved to find out I'm not the only person on Earth who thinks beer tastes nasty af

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm Mormon

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Plutonis posted:

I'm Mormon

I'm sorry

also Catholic

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Father and I are both ex-christian. Better off for it.
Far fewer christian crazies in New England to begin with (federalist legacy)

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Oct 4, 2021

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
is there a reason why most people in the west refuse to take idol anime seriously? the only one that people seem to like or know is zombieland saga, and even with that show people whine and complain when it starts to get serious and focus on the characters, ending with them calling it generic

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Willo567 posted:

is there a reason why most people in the west refuse to take idol anime seriously? the only one that people seem to like or know is zombieland saga, and even with that show people whine and complain when it starts to get serious and focus on the characters, ending with them calling it generic

? Idol anime seems taken just as seriously as all other anime to me

AX had the group from love live sunshine down in 2019 even

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

LA is almost directly east of Japan so I guess I should have said “over”

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
idol anime is huge

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

The Colonel posted:

idol anime is huge

in japan it is, i just don't see it nearly as talked about in the west compared to isekai and shonen

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
isekai and shonen cover the broadest possible demographics, they are basically made to be liked by just about anyone and are the most easily accessible so they get the broadest discussion

idols don't get as broad discussion but the fanbases are still fairly big, even series like idolm@ster that haven't done the best job making stuff available in the west compared to love live or bandori

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

there needs to be more isekai animes about idols

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

West: Why have idols when you could have
Vtubers?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's all largely mediocre anyway

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

boy, yuri, sure is good

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

homeless snail posted:

boy, yuri, sure is good

girls stay winning

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Clarste posted:

smh if you drink anything other than midori or peach schnapps

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Willo567 posted:

western fans have a weird time with female character focused shows in general and its only recently that thats really started to go away, so you wind up with older fans who are still sort of in that mold. see all the posts back in the day about how madoka was owning magical girl anime, which needed to be taken to task for, some reason

but also you're vastly overstating the influence of like, reddit or whatever. love live was *massive* on tumblr and bang dream had a big western fanbase for a while. granted that one's only kind of an idol thing but still. these shows are big and are very popular in the west.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Clarste posted:

I drank straight everclear as a teenager once and now any time I have alcohol that's all I can taste,

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Clarste posted:

Also same, there are tons of mixed drinks that sound like they'd taste great but I know that all I'd be able to taste is the burn. I can't taste much of a difference between beer and wine.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Willo567 posted:

They are still popular as far as I can tell. Their fan base just isnt as vocal or visible in the places you visit I would assume.

For me personally its not the idea of idols themselves that keeps me away from watching the shows, its that I just like a different kind of story. If you had sports idols with rocket launchers beating the hell out of robot vampires Id probably be watching them and talking about it constantly. :v:

Clarste posted:

Big :same:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

For me personally its not the idea of idols themselves that keeps me away from watching the shows, its that I just like a different kind of story. If you had sports idols with rocket launchers beating the hell out of robot vampires Id probably be watching them and talking about it constantly. :v:
you are 90% of the way to describing symphogear

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Willo567 posted:

in japan it is, i just don't see it nearly as talked about in the west compared to isekai and shonen

Spend less time with 14 year olds

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

They are still popular as far as I can tell. Their fan base just isnt as vocal or visible in the places you visit I would assume.

a fellow macross fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Furnaceface posted:

Big :same:

The key is clearly to make a sports idol show where the lead is an idol singer and a hockey player. Or a fighting idol who has a magical power up that turns them into Baki during their song battles.