Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

and worst of all, it gave a decent f2p sword

but yes its gone. it will probably be rerun at some point tho

We can hope, but I recall h3i didn't really do reruns. Not sure how GI has managed been in comparison, with h3i releasing characters that straight up couldn't use their kit properly without the right gahca pulls and generally having an even more hostile attitude than most mobage. I heard people talk about gi being stingy and people spending $2500 to max a character but I'm not sure how much of that is reality vs memes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Acerbatus posted:

We can hope, but I recall h3i didn't really do reruns. Not sure how GI has managed been in comparison, with h3i releasing characters that straight up couldn't use their kit properly without the right gahca pulls and generally having an even more hostile attitude than most mobage. I heard people talk about gi being stingy and people spending $2500 to max a character but I'm not sure how much of that is reality vs memes.

HI3 is doing an old event rerun right now actually so It could happen here too.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Most people asking for tier-lists are just looking for what characters are good in their current roster. Yeah the national team is very good, but it's not helpful advice to newer players who are looking for some carry to invest in early on. I got no 5* chars through AR45 so 2 of the characters I focused on based on everyone's recommendations were chongyun & bennett. I don't think people are considering how the characters play at lower levels with crappy artifacts.

Chongyun and Xingqiu are crappy early on. Chongyun becames a strong support when you get c2 and have a team that makes use of his cryo infuse with a faster-attacking (pyro) character. Xingqiu is straight-up terrible until you get better artifacts with a high enough energy recharge to actually use his burst. Until then XQ's hydro application is once every 20s. These are characters that get strong much later. Xiangling and Bennett are solid at any level, no argument about that.

As far as guaranteed 4* chars that are always strong, Kaeya + Barbara + Noelle + Xiangling is a pretty sweet team and a great intro to vape/freeze/melt combos.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
GI being stingy - yes and no. Fewer pulls but very little garbage, even pessimistically 30 out of the 40 four stars you can pull are actively good until you've C6'd some stuff. The 5 star pity system is almost unprecedented.

If you want to spend $2500 per banner you can definitely find a way, but you really do not get a whole lot by doing so.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sanctum posted:

Xingqiu is straight-up terrible until you get better artifacts with a high enough energy recharge to actually use his burst. Until then XQ's hydro application is once every 20s.

or if you pull sac sword early :v:

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the "honkai doesn't do reruns" thing is a bit misleading. everything under the chronicles menu was originally run as an event (kallen fantasy, chapter xaunyuan, everlasting memory, etc.) and then later added as permanent content with different rewards.

they've only done one full, actual rerun afaik (sanka saga) which is running right now. these newer events aren't just a list of missions with story cutscenes, they have unique mechanics attached to them so they don't fit with the "chronicles" menu is the only reason i can think of why they need to be fully re-run.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

No Wave posted:

Ganyu and especially hu tao broke people. One streamer who C6'd Klee and R5'd Lost Prayer and Vortex Vanquisher quit the game basically the day after hu tao released because all three of his $2000 "investments" got power crept in a single day (hu tao cons >>>> klee cons and homa >>>> lost prayer).

Imo the current power level for on-field rate ups is roughly where it should be so I'm always happy when a new unit doesnt break the game.

i don't respect anyone who isn't happy with Klee

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Sanctum posted:

Most people asking for tier-lists are just looking for what characters are good in their current roster. Yeah the national team is very good, but it's not helpful advice to newer players who are looking for some carry to invest in early on. I got no 5* chars through AR45 so 2 of the characters I focused on based on everyone's recommendations were chongyun & bennett. I don't think people are considering how the characters play at lower levels with crappy artifacts.

Chongyun and Xingqiu are crappy early on. Chongyun becames a strong support when you get c2 and have a team that makes use of his cryo infuse with a faster-attacking (pyro) character. Xingqiu is straight-up terrible until you get better artifacts with a high enough energy recharge to actually use his burst. Until then XQ's hydro application is once every 20s. These are characters that get strong much later. Xiangling and Bennett are solid at any level, no argument about that.

As far as guaranteed 4* chars that are always strong, Kaeya + Barbara + Noelle + Xiangling is a pretty sweet team and a great intro to vape/freeze/melt combos.

XQ skill also applies hydro on contact at roughly the same rate as barbara's. Also hard disagree on Chongyun being crappy early, he hard carried my rear end one year ago when I first got to liyue, back then the shatter reaction damage was almost as good as his own and I could not deal with geo shield mitachurls and lawachurls any other way.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
If I was going to make a Ningguang/Noelle team who should I put in to round it out? I could always use XQ/Benny but who else would work well?
Not pictured: Trav, Keqing, Amber, Chongjin, Lisa, Rosaria

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

If I was going to make a Ningguang/Noelle team who should I put in to round it out? I could always use XQ/Benny but who else would work well?

XQ actually isn't particularly good in Geo-based teams since if you aren't doing any reactions he loses a lot of his value. Xiangling and Fischl are both great choices for off-field dps in geo teams (and XL also gets you pyro resonance if you run her with the bennett).

Unofrtunately Ning doesn't really Synergize with Noelle unless you want to use Noelle as the DPS and Ning as the battery.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Oct 4, 2021

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Endorph posted:

frankly diluc is like 'powercrept' but hes still a very good unit in a vacuum. hes kinda chained to having a good hydro unit with him but he can still pump out numbers, and claymores have a lot of busted rear end weapons

Pretty much. I've got Serpent Spine and that's more than enough to let my Zhongli/Diluc/Bennett/Xingqiu team handle the second half of floor 12 with full stars no problem. Even if he's been a bit powercrept, Diluc is still strong and very easy to use. That's not nothing.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

Andrast posted:

XQ actually isn't particularly good in Geo-based teams since if you aren't doing any reactions he loses a lot of his value. Xiangling and Fischl are both great choices for off-field dps in geo teams (and XL also gets you pyro resonance if you run her with the bennett).

Unofrtunately Ning doesn't really Synergize with Noelle unless you want to use Noelle as the DPS and Ning as the battery.

I’m not against using Noelle as the dps. I just figured I’ve got this C6 Ning collecting dust and I should figure out where I can put her.

FireDooley
Apr 30, 2013
Newbie here, trying to follow along with the team building chat...if I'm trying to run Beidou/Fischl/XL or Sucrose, is Kokomi a good substitute for XQ? I was trying to pull XQ but ended up with my first 5* instead.

I like the scarcity aspect of gacha games because they force you make due with what you have, but I also occasionally get the urge to scratch the minmax itch and can't help but feel like I might be wasting resources somewhere.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FireDooley posted:

Newbie here, trying to follow along with the team building chat...if I'm trying to run Beidou/Fischl/XL or Sucrose, is Kokomi a good substitute for XQ? I was trying to pull XQ but ended up with my first 5* instead.

I like the scarcity aspect of gacha games because they force you make due with what you have, but I also occasionally get the urge to scratch the minmax itch and can't help but feel like I might be wasting resources somewhere.
Kokomi's a totally fine substitute for Xingqui yeah. She can't pump out as much damage but her hydro application is about equal, and she can use thrilling tales.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

I’m not against using Noelle as the dps. I just figured I’ve got this C6 Ning collecting dust and I should figure out where I can put her.

In that case Carry Noelle + Battery/Burst support Ning works pretty well. One thing to note about using Ning for battery purposes is that the gate has a 6 second internal cooldown for energy generation so if you quickly go gate-burst-gate you will only get the energy once.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Andrast posted:

i don't respect anyone who isn't happy with Klee

Klee actually has really good constellations too. Like she’s the best 3rd pyro in the mono pyro team because of them.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I just pulled a skyward harp and don't really have anyone better than fischl for it (who I'm not currently using). Considering it's my only 5* weapon is there any point in building around it? I've got a bunch of pulls saved that I could blow on Childe, who seems to be a good match?

Big part I think with how many people are looking at tier lists or whatever is how obtuse some of the pairings are. With all the characters and weapons primarily obtained through rng there's a lot of combinations that new-mid tier players just wouldn't have access to, so you gotta make do with what you have - which may not necessarily be something optimal. Plus, without a parser or actual dps checks it can be tricky to really see how well you're doing unless you are timing yourself on a domain run or whatever.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Note Block posted:

I also got compensated for a 5000 dollar gundam PC which was nice.

That sounds very cool. Was it a custom order or are there more of them? I ask because I'd like to see a picture of it if you're comfortable sharing.

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

I would put Fischl or Venti in just so you'd have an archer to shut down Ruin Guards if you happen to fight any.

Actually yeah, Venti and some other non-geo character so his ult gets you more energy would be good.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Oct 4, 2021

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

acumen posted:

I just pulled a skyward harp and don't really have anyone better than fischl for it (who I'm not currently using). Considering it's my only 5* weapon is there any point in building around it? I've got a bunch of pulls saved that I could blow on Childe, who seems to be a good match?

Big part I think with how many people are looking at tier lists or whatever is how obtuse some of the pairings are. With all the characters and weapons primarily obtained through rng there's a lot of combinations that new-mid tier players just wouldn't have access to, so you gotta make do with what you have - which may not necessarily be something optimal. Plus, without a parser or actual dps checks it can be tricky to really see how well you're doing unless you are timing yourself on a domain run or whatever.

Do you have Sara? It’s her best in slot. It is good on childe if you are interested in pulling for him. Fischl has a number of good 4* options so it might not be a big improvement for her.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

That sounds very cool. Was it a custom order or are there more of them? I ask because I'd like to see a picture of it if you're comfortable sharing.

I would put Fischl or Venti in just so you'd have an archer to shut down Ruin Guards if you happen to fight any.

Actually yeah, Venti and some other non-geo character so his ult gets you more energy would be good.

My preferred way of shutting down ruin guards is pelting them with rocks until they die

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I wouldn't pull for a character just for an excuse to use a 5* weapon. They'll come out with some 4* bow char whos good with skyward harp or something, or a 5* bow char you actually want to pull for regardless.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

akulanization posted:

Do you have Sara? It’s her best in slot. It is good on childe if you are interested in pulling for him. Fischl has a number of good 4* options so it might not be a big improvement for her.

Nope. Only have Fishl, Amber, and Diona as bow-users. I was only considering Childe (or Hu Tao too) since these primos are burning a hole in my pocket and I feel like a good on-field dps is probably what I'm missing at this point; I think I have a bunch of solid supports already with Zhongli, the national team, above-mentioned Fischl/Diona, and Sucrose.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It depends. I don't think harp is revelatory on childe for a variety of reasons (Childe is only 1/3 of his comp's damage and rust is close to as good unless you charge attack a whole lot) so I wouldnt in this case unless you wanted childe anyways. If I had Jade Spear I would totally pull for Xiao because of it though.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I hate Kokomi so much for making floor 11 the most anti-hu Tao poo poo possible. Literal waifu warfare

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

This is it! https://www.newegg.com/abs-ali540/p/N82E16883360160

And here's my corgis for scale

RareAcumen posted:

I love Fischl for practically everything and wish there was a 5th slot so I could just perma slot her into every team forever.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

she screws both of the characters who coincidentally are rerunning in 2.2 🤔

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

she screws both of the characters who coincidentally are rerunning in 2.2 🤔

a lot of people would like to screw childe

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

if albedo happens the patch after they're pretty much just going down the list of characters that the new mechanics can gently caress with

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Andrast posted:

My preferred way of shutting down ruin guards is pelting them with rocks until they die

I might just be projecting them being more difficult to fight for everyone than they actually are, because I spent 5 WLs using Razor.

Note Block posted:

This is it! https://www.newegg.com/abs-ali540/p/N82E16883360160

And here's my corgis for scale

I love Fischl for practically everything and wish there was a 5th slot so I could just perma slot her into every team forever.

Neat! For some reason I was expecting it to be covered in plates like it's actually Gundam armor in some fashion.

And yeah Fischl is so delightfully extra, I wish archers had gigantic Sly Cooper Mugshot arms to make the dichotomy of her professed status and personality even funnier.

I think we're going to get a new feedback survey soon right? I want to be able to lock those resin potions you get from the teapot like we can with artifacts.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

No Wave posted:

It depends. I don't think harp is revelatory on childe for a variety of reasons (Childe is only 1/3 of his comp's damage and rust is close to as good unless you charge attack a whole lot) so I wouldnt in this case unless you wanted childe anyways. If I had Jade Spear I would totally pull for Xiao because of it though.

It’s good if you want big number vapes on his burst.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Endorph posted:

or if you pull sac sword early :v:

Oh that reminds me I did get another one of those

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I had C4 Beidou, so I used all the anniversary freebies to pull on the banner and got an early 50/50 miss on to land Keqing and C6ed Beidou in the span of about 20 wishes.

Is Keqing a complete loss, or should I work her into my 2nd comp? Is Beidou/Raiden/Keqing with Sucrose or Kokomi potentially good?

Edit: I should add that I actually do have an Aquilla Favonia or whatever from the standard banner sitting around not in use which is probably a pretty decent weapon for Keqing

BabyRyoga fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Oct 4, 2021

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Tae posted:

I hate Kokomi so much for making floor 11 the most anti-hu Tao poo poo possible. Literal waifu warfare

I for one celebrate even a momentary lapse in Hu Tao's tyranny over the Pyro roster.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

when we were talking about abyss stuff earlier and i was looking at comps i saw one guy running a keqing/beidou/fishl/sucrose comp that actually had pretty good speedrun times for the previous abyss. he had c3 on his keqing though, which is around the point i personally would probably say "okay fine lets see what we can do here"

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Radical posted:

when we were talking about abyss stuff earlier and i was looking at comps i saw one guy running a keqing/beidou/fishl/sucrose comp that actually had pretty good speedrun times for the previous abyss. he had c3 on his keqing though, which is around the point i personally would probably say "okay fine lets see what we can do here"
I used to do abyss with this team but using Jean instead of Sucrose. Did not have great times though. The team where you swap Keqing for Xingqiu is known as the other amazing 4* team.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I've had success running Keqing and aquila in abyss rooms with fatui agents fwiw. Since they are weak to physical damage. Keqing, Fischl, XQ, Zhongli. Would have subbed in Beidou in the 4th slot if I had her built but haven't gotten around to it.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

acumen posted:

Plus, without a parser or actual dps checks it can be tricky to really see how well you're doing unless you are timing yourself on a domain run or whatever.

Literally the only part of the game where what you're playing matters is a series of timed events.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

acumen posted:

I just pulled a skyward harp

Skywayrd Harp is a great pull. It's good for DPS and support Fischl, and pretty much all the other archers who you don't have yet. It's good for Amber, but it still doesn't make amber good.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Mailer posted:

Literally the only part of the game where what you're playing matters is a series of timed events.

Sure but that's given a more in-depth knowledge of the systems than I (and probably most players) really care to look into. Trying to calculate the bazillion dmg% bonuses stacking on top of eachother is a bit much and optimizing things after reading guides and forum posts has made running domains go from a 50% success rate to smashing through in seconds. Like these incremental improvements I've made to my team don't really feel all that different just by looking at the big flashy numbers, but I'm far more successful in all the fights I've done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
I don't think there has been any leaks for the 4* on the 2.2 banners, but if the last two Childe banners are anything to go on, I suspect electro+cryo. This is pure speculation.