Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Asproigerosis posted:

It's true, I am personally killing at least 8 people a day. The nanomachines get ripped right out of you it's really loving gruesome. Like getting shot from the inside but with millions of tiny bullets.

Clean up is easy though you can just use a garden hose.

they’re called cookie cutters and you’re doing it wrong if you aren’t using a long pier http://www.technovelgy.com/ct/content.asp?Bnum=233

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Spergin Morlock posted:

so I'm supposed to put swiss cheese on my face now? not sure how that's gonna help but ok

no you need to put a whole block of swiss cheese on your face

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Stereotype posted:

no you need to put a whole block of swiss cheese on your face

Can I put it in my face instead?

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

:five:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
coworker from another state is visiting in a couple weeks, so the boss wants to do a bunch of in person meetings :rubby:

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Feste posted:

I want to nominate this Atlantic article for a Fauci Award of Excellence in Public Health Communications.

Why Are Americans —Still!— Wearing Cloth Masks

ah I see, well it’s all so simple and yet the Americans keep loving up in spite of clear and easy to understand messaging.

they forgot the highest step in the hierarchy: just don't go!

Iverron
May 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/rolandbakeriii/status/1445076379800780806?s=21

more on that median 16 months of protection

this is never going to end lmao

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/1445104926431006722

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Gio posted:

what level is everyone at

https://twitter.com/ppetoheros/status/1444781607370567687?s=21

im at level 6, PAPR only all the time

Make the seva suits from stalker real you cowards

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

on the hierarchy of things that are weird, this is weird

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Gio posted:

what level is everyone at

https://twitter.com/ppetoheros/status/1444781607370567687?s=21

im at level 6, PAPR only all the time
:hai:

Just got to mod some LEDs into the fans and I'm all set to go buy my medicinal cigarettes in style.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

:confused:

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

wtf?

is Boris suggesting that the UK will have a fish and chip based economy now?

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

The Oldest Man posted:

Quick thought exercise:

-How many months would it take to get to elimination in the US if everyone wore an N95 or better in all public contexts?
-How many months would it take to get to elimination in the US if everyone was vaccinated with one of our current crop of mRNA vaccines?

If you answered "probably a while - like maybe 6 or 8 months?" for the first question and "actually never" for the second question congrats you're a doomposting antivaxxer, please report to QCS for your perma

If everyone wore an n95/kf94 not even fit tested just 'reasonable. Even if all these. Dicknosing continuee and poo poo it would cut transmission rates to like lets say 20% of what it is now. Which is huge due to the exponential nature of spread. You'd eleminate the large majority of variant creation due to reduction in spread. Average viral loads would go way down so then do deaths and hospitalizations. It's a loving pipe dream though. Politicians hate the mask

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
started new job in an office and yet again only one in a mask

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
if everyone wore an n95 properly everything would be over in 23 days.

if everyone got vaccinated hospitals would not be overwhelmed but Covid would continue spreading until a variant evades the vaccine

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

pigz posted:

If everyone wore an n95/kf94 not even fit tested just 'reasonable. Even if all these. Dicknosing continuee and poo poo it would cut transmission rates to like lets say 20% of what it is now. Which is huge due to the exponential nature of spread. You'd eleminate the large majority of variant creation due to reduction in spread. Average viral loads would go way down so then do deaths and hospitalizations. It's a loving pipe dream though. Politicians hate the mask

this winter is going to be so much worse and wild with flu vs last year too. at least last year everyone was wearing lovely masks. now all the good vaccinated libs are mask off and all the chuds have carte blanche to mask off too. flu is going to come roaring back

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

The Oldest Man posted:

Quick thought exercise:

-How many months would it take to get to elimination in the US if everyone wore an N95 or better in all public contexts?
-How many months would it take to get to elimination in the US if everyone was vaccinated with one of our current crop of mRNA vaccines?

If you answered "probably a while - like maybe 6 or 8 months?" for the first question and "actually never" for the second question congrats you're a doomposting antivaxxer, please report to QCS for your perma

How much does the N95 protect you when you take your mask off to do indoor dining though? That is the most important question

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

:vince:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

mod sassinator posted:

this winter is going to be so much worse and wild with flu vs last year too. at least last year everyone was wearing lovely masks. now all the good vaccinated libs are mask off and all the chuds have carte blanche to mask off too. flu is going to come roaring back

dont worry, its just the flu bro

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Tzen posted:

level 5 when I'm inside, level 3+ when I'm outside
i assume kf94 is level 3+

Same.

And yeah, KF94s are equivalent to N95s in filtration. Their certification and standards are set by the South Korean government, while the N95 standards and certification are done by the US government. Same goal of 95%+ filtration, but the US standards are done by a workplace safety origination, while SK's is not workplace focused. So the kids masks that should never be used in a workplace still get certified.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

i can gently caress, but i can not suck, with my mask on. i need to suck and gently caress.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Gio posted:

i can gently caress, but i can not suck, with my mask on. i need to suck and gently caress.

you can suck if they’re masked

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

nexous posted:

if everyone wore an n95 properly everything would be over in 23 days.

if everyone got vaccinated hospitals would not be overwhelmed but Covid would continue spreading until a variant evades the vaccine

That is 23 days without brunch you are talking about. Check your privilege and consider that a lot of people would be struggling with "lack of brunch" depression. So sure a lot of people would die if a variant evades the vaccine, but...

Feste
Apr 7, 2009

sonatinas posted:

started new job in an office and yet again only one in a mask

yes but what about vaccination rate? what is the ventilation like? how far is the social distancing? these are the slices of Swiss on the cheese board of personal safety. the mask is simply the garnish

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Gio posted:

cut hole and glue dental dam onto a mask

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
This week, my boss started sending meeting invites with the meeting room no. as well as a zoom link. Joined a zoom meeting today and the boss was in the office along with two other globe trotters who flew in for the day. Not a mask in the building. They had Thai brought in from the good Thai place.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Pingui posted:

That is 23 days without brunch you are talking about. Check your privilege and consider that a lot of people would be struggling with "lack of brunch" depression. So sure a lot of people would die if a variant evades the vaccine, but...

look I never said I would give up brunch I’m just letting you know it’s possible

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

fischtick posted:

This week, my boss started sending meeting invites with the meeting room no. as well as a zoom link. Joined a zoom meeting today and the boss was in the office along with two other globe trotters who flew in for the day. Not a mask in the building. They had Thai brought in from the good Thai place.

a guy I work with is in the office maskless after having a baby last week. some people just ??????????

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Feste posted:

I want to nominate this Atlantic article for a Fauci Award of Excellence in Public Health Communications.

Why Are Americans —Still!— Wearing Cloth Masks

ah I see, well it’s all so simple and yet the Americans keep loving up in spite of clear and easy to understand messaging.

quote:

Ultimately, while masking is important, it’s not the most important thing we should be doing to protect ourselves from the coronavirus. Although Osterholm makes it clear that he’s very pro-masking, “it’s really all about the whole hierarchy of environmental control,” he said, referring to the various methods for reducing risk within a space, a key concept in occupational safety. Vaccination is by far the most protective measure a person can take. Second is ensuring proper ventilation—replacing the air in a room at least five to six times an hour, he explained. Next is social distancing. And then there’s masking: “You keep going down in that order, and finally the lowest thing in terms of overall prevention potential is individual respiratory protection,” he said.
gently caress this article, I ragequit when I got to that paragraph.

Stage 1 Eliminate the hazard: This is a zero covid policy.

Stage 2 Replace the hazard: Not applicable.

Stage 3 Isolate people from the hazard: Lockdowns, Staying home

Stage 4 Change the way people work: No contact pickups and deliveries. WFH.

Stage 5 Personal protective equipment: Masks.

Stage 6 All preventive measures failed, hope the hazard doesn't kill you: Vaccines.

Well, we've given up all those other preventive measures, might as call the one remaining measure ineffective.

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Oct 5, 2021

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

fischtick posted:

and here you are, the loser complaining on the bad covid thread all alone without thai food. Get therapy!

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

nexous posted:

a guy I work with is in the office maskless after having a baby last week. some people just ??????????
they don't much about respiratory diseases

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Teenage Riot posted:

How much does the N95 protect you when you take your mask off to do indoor dining though? That is the most important question

Still 100% unless you forget to put it back on when you get up to go to the bathroom

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
crack pinging as I sit in the Sams Club parking lot for pickup and see maybe 10-15% of people walking in or out in a mask. Which, to their credit, is better than anywhere else in town that I’ve seen.

County positivity rate has been sitting at 15% for a month and about 1 in 150 residents have tested positive every week since the end of July but COVID couldn’t be more over if it tried.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Thoguh posted:

crack pinging as I sit in the Sams Club parking lot for pickup and see maybe 10-15% of people walking in or out in a mask. Which, to their credit, is better than anywhere else in town that I’ve seen.

County positivity rate has been sitting at 15% for a month and about 1 in 150 residents have tested positive every week since the end of July but COVID couldn’t be more over if it tried.

in my area people seem to really embrace the masking stuff, thank god i don't love in the south

Feste
Apr 7, 2009

The Oldest Man posted:

Still 100% unless you forget to put it back on when you get up to go to the bathroom

yesterday someone earnestly listed “outdoor dining” as proof that a friend of their’s was keeping strict covid measures and how the friend’s recent respiratory illness could not be covid

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

jetz0r posted:

gently caress this article, I ragequit when I got to that paragraph.

Stage 1 Eliminate the hazard: This is a zero covid policy.

Stage 2 Replace the hazard: Not applicable.

Stage 3 Isolate people from the hazard: Staying home

Stage 4 Change the way people work: No contact pickups and deliveries. WFH.

Stage 5 Personal protective equipment: Masks.

Stage 6 All preventive measures failed, hope the hazard doesn't kill you: Vaccines.

Well, we've given up all those other preventive measures, might as call the one remaining measure ineffective.

it's pretty funny that there's a huge amount of effort that has gone into actually doing risk mitigation, often by the federal government itself, but we are just intentionally ignoring all of it and making up new stuff to blindly support whatever it was we wanted to do anyway.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I don’t understand the thread hate for the Swiss Cheese model it makes sense to me. The problem is we aren’t doing it not the concept.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
did i miss anything funny in the last 9000 pages

rip NZ

seems like as soon as masks, vaccines and lockdowns became a cultural issue, it was going to be impossible to contain covid. guess china was right to strictly control media

edit: lol! lmao!

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

New Aussie state record :coronatoot: (and probably national record)

https://twitter.com/VicGovDH/status/1445140582205059077?s=19

We had essentially zero cases from October 2020 until July 2021.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E75UvmY9GA