Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
These backstories are worth it if they're building up to Yasratcha trying to do the same thing to Baam Khun Rakk and getting punched in his stupid face.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jul 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Sindai posted:

These backstories are worth it if they're building up to Yasratcha trying to do the same thing to Baam Khun Rakk and getting punched in his stupid face.

He is gonna try, and get dunked on.

IF Yama doesn't RIP AND TEAR him into bits first.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

I'm hoping Bam deals with White. Can't keep him around for yet another betrayal.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Yeah this chapter gives me a better idea of what he's going for, but I still wish it weren't basically just "random guy who dies this episode stares into the camera and explains the theme to you."

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?

Sindai posted:

I mean, this is what White the Wight monologued this chapter. He's chasing Bam to try and force him to seek power because it will lead to Bam becoming comfortable with power and eventually pursuing power for powers sake. So we get all these no names who went down that path getting chumped to drive the theme home. Hopefully they can all die soon and we'll get to the new adventures of Rak and Anaak

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

The junk collector posted:

Hopefully they can all die soon and we'll get to the new adventures of Rak and Anaak

:yeah:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
"I'm a genius! Oh no!" the chapter

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

If White eats her soul, maybe that lady will be free as well. I'm not really feeling this game, with the parade of one-and-done adversaries that get a backstory sequence. Hopefully it'll get better soon!

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013
https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-79/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=497

New chapter. White has daddy issues.

Whitest Russian fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Aug 9, 2021

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

White always had Daddy issues. This has been brought up before

Bam reminding White of his dad though... thats another story.

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013
Seeing where White got his red tattoo/eyeliner from was pretty neat. Was that body supposed to be his servant?

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

https://m.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-81/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=499

Great chapter.
The art and panel angles were on a higher level this week.

Ubiquitus fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Aug 23, 2021

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013
I kind of want to buy a fastpass to see if Baam is going to do the smart thing and teleport.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

White is really a great villain, he is just a complete poo poo

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

This is going to be the trigger for Bam to go Super Saiyan Irregular, right? Find yet another untapped source of power to finally beat White?

Kinda wondering if the time perception cheat is a skill Bam has now mastered after being subjected to it.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Gonna be disappointed if it's something like Baam just asks the souls in him if they want to beat up white and they say yes

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Man, that was a terrific chapter.

I almost expect to be blue-balled in the next one with another side-character round. T_T

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Hell Train gets a lot of flack for being so tediously long but god bless it for giving us this unbelievable piece of poo poo in White.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 199 days!
I will say no more than these incredibly vauge generalities, which I will still spoiler but things are looking very interesting in terms in where Baam and White are in the fast pass chapters. Also there are interesting cuts to other situations. As a tease: Khun.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Fell behind a bit so had to play catch up,
https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-82/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=500
https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-83/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=501

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Yama and Bam really could've used some items about 20 minutes ago. I blame Rak for the team being slow to get to the game room.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Don't worry. Now that Khun has a way to use his intellect to influence the challenge, he's going to unequivocally tip the balance. I'd put money on him interrupting the possible incoming White/Baam fight when Baam's about to lose or compromise who he is to beat White.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-84/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=502
https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-85/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=503

lol at the sniper's mouse strat

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Well hopefully at least one of the interesting things foreshadowed this chapter happens in the near future.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Yeah...too much edging lately..T_T

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

It's given me a new appreciation for Monday, though. At least something to look forward to at the start of the were.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I’m guessing this part of the story will end with Bam leaving a scratch on the head of the Lo Po Bia family.

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013
Is it just me or did this last chapter feel noticeably shorter than the previous ones?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

They didn't introduce a tragic backstory for an enemy that immediately gets killed, so it flows better at least.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 199 days!
Look forward to three weeks from now, non-fastpass readers :10bux: :parrot:

What will Bam do this time? I ain't telling.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

And SIU trashed his arm again by overworking and went to the hospital. sigh

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Dante80 posted:

This story is going to stop with a cliffhanger where Bam is seemingly about to kill Anaak for an arbitrary reason, the SIU's body will completely give up and we'll never get an ending.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 199 days!

Dante80 posted:

obi-wan in siu's head desperately begging him to use the assistants

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
meanwhile the newest fan translated chapter which is I think 3 or 4 ahead of the fastpass chapters has the ToG reddit melting down about it lol

I liked it

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 199 days!

Jose posted:

meanwhile the newest fan translated chapter which is I think 3 or 4 ahead of the fastpass chapters has the ToG reddit melting down about it lol

I liked it

hah, you're ahead of me, even. if we're okay with linking that sort of thing now, i wouldn't mind one. siu should have a patreon or something, i'm only off the street due to being well established in a place with rent so low you couldn't find a cardboard box for it around here anymore. but i'm still going to shoot $20 to the guy who literally destroyed his body entertaining me if i can.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'm unsure of the legality and i want to stress these translations are pretty terrible and the quality of them even worse. but just google tower of god kami no tou and you'll get there. I still read the fast pass chapters because I'm happy to pay the tiny amount each chapter and I like the way better quality version

i make a point generally of never talking about them here for obvious reasons and mostly the fast pass too

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 199 days!
Yeah, I may or may look into it, but it's nice to have the option when you just have to know what happens next.

Likewise I read ahead a lot in Kubera, but it's awkward because the new stuff is only available as a translated script and you have to switch between it and the raw.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Pining for the days of The Company...

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

The official Kubera translation are so shockingly bad that it makes the translation errors for the fan and official Tower of God translation seem quaint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 199 days!

Danann posted:

The official Kubera translation are so shockingly bad that it makes the translation errors for the fan and official Tower of God translation seem quaint.

This week's fast pass for both have some just terrible moments, like PSX-era Square game translations without any of the charm.