Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

old bean factory posted:

What's so bad about black balls?

Depends on the color of the rest of you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Holy poo poo, gently caress this dude.

https://twitter.com/RzstProgramming/status/1431084618468450304

Although I want some gay pro-mask folks to reclaim that shirt!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CharlestheHammer posted:

That kid apparently got sacked from DARE for that

Ehh, he probably only had the job because his parents made him. What teenager that cool voluntarily works for DARE?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Read After Burning posted:

Gay people advocating prophylacticly protecting yourself against against a deadly virus?

:hmmyes:

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

deoju posted:

Gay people advocating prophylacticly protecting yourself against against a deadly virus?

:hmmyes:

:yeah:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah what how the hell is dare still a thing lol and how did they get a cool dude like that to work for them.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

OwlFancier posted:

Yeah what how the hell is dare still a thing lol and how did they get a cool dude like that to work for them.

iirc it lost federal funding in 1998 because studies showed it lead to higher rates of drug use

maybe it's getting funded by drug dealers now

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Lunatic Sledge posted:

iirc it lost federal funding in 1998 because studies showed it lead to higher rates of drug use

OwlFancier posted:

Oh, they're still cool and hip!

quote:

In 2009, D.A.R.E. adopted the "keepin' it REAL" curriculum.[39][40] Rather than solely focusing on the perils of alcohol and other drugs, keepin' it REAL developed a 10-lesson curriculum that included aspects of European American, Mexican American, and African American culture integrated with culturally based narration and performance. [41] The program was developed by Penn State researchers, who evaluated its effectiveness, though critics contend the program does not implement a long-term evaluation system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_Abuse_Resistance_Education#%22New%22_curriculum

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!

Skwirl posted:

Ehh, he probably only had the job because his parents made him. What teenager that cool voluntarily works for DARE?

Does DARE count towards community service?

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Holy poo poo, gently caress this dude.

https://twitter.com/RzstProgramming/status/1431084618468450304

lol of course this chud wears socks with sandals

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Platystemon posted:

It is strongly suspected that all of Musk’s progeny were conceived via IVF, so who’s to say that she ever was?

he is scared of terminator and is sabotaging self driving cars. why do you think he uses ivf?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I wouldn't blame them for any of my future drug use (and I never did heroin) but I do remember thinking what they said about pot was so obviously bullshit and then looking at erowid and thinking "maybe they're wrong about heroin too?"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

snergle posted:

he is scared of terminator and is sabotaging self driving cars. why do you think he uses ivf?

TBH I would assume that musk procreates via dart gun, out of necessity.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

OwlFancier posted:

TBH I would assume that musk procreates via dart gun, out of necessity.

so you're saying he's some sort of snail with gypsobelum

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Skwirl posted:

I wouldn't blame them for any of my future drug use (and I never did heroin) but I do remember thinking what they said about pot was so obviously bullshit and then looking at erowid and thinking "maybe they're wrong about heroin too?"

The only thing I remember from my DARE class was, in hindsight, possibly the cop having personal experience with using (or losing someone to) inhalants. Weed and the harder stuff, he had a very "Yeah, of course this is bad, blah blah" attitude, but he got VERY SERIOUS when inhalants were brought up, like his entire demeanor changed.

I'll never forget him describing (in detail) the multiple ways you can die from huffing-gone-wrong, namely "drowning in the air". :stonk: It definitely swayed my middle-school "curious about drugs but unwilling to do the work to obtain them, plus inhalants are legal, right?!" self into staying the gently caress away, as it sounded like the stuff of nightmares.

Oxygen is good, y'all! Don't fill your lungs with other poo poo (besides weed smoke, duh)!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The only thing I remember from my DARE class was, in hindsight, possibly the cop having personal experience with using (or losing someone to) inhalants. Weed and the harder stuff, he had a very "Yeah, of course this is bad, blah blah" attitude, but he got VERY SERIOUS when inhalants were brought up, like his entire demeanor changed.

I'll never forget him describing (in detail) the multiple ways you can die from huffing-gone-wrong, namely "drowning in the air". :stonk: It definitely swayed my middle-school "curious about drugs but unwilling to do the work to obtain them, plus inhalants are legal, right?!" self into staying the gently caress away, as it sounded like the stuff of nightmares.

Oxygen is good, y'all! Don't fill your lungs with other poo poo (besides weed smoke, duh)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNPvKsUltrA&t=99s

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Ha, I was thinking more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j3R3QZr5rs

(I loved finding the Jesco easter egg in GTA V. :3)

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

my deep seated aversion to inhalants comes from an episode of cops, I think it was Ft Worth, in which two homeless brothers huffed spray paint and completely fried their brains to the point that they couldn't even stand or walk. as I recall, the cop just kinda pointed at them and said "sucks huh" at the camera and then everyone went "welp" and moved on

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

old bean factory posted:

What's so bad about black balls?

It means they've been cut off from blood flow for a long time and are likely necrotic. Please see a doctor immediately

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Whippets were fun in my 20s

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A dog is for life, not just for your 20's :colbert:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/tinymira/status/1445113015829999618?s=20

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

A dog is for life, not just for your 20's :colbert:

I exclusively adopt dogs with terminal illnesses.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

snergle posted:

If I recall correctly his dad left his mom for their live in maid and then the maid's daughter who he'd had as part of his household since she was very young as soon as she was legal.
Tension over that is part of why he doesn't get along with his dad.

I think the only source on the IVF and selecting only male embryos was that one celebrity gossip blog that for some reason everyone thought was run by Robert Downey Jr. It was taken seriously because it broke or hinted at a ton of abusive LA and entertainment industry stuff. It also detailed a lot of the ways Elon was lovely to his ex wife. Some of the storiess were corroborated/matched other sources like Elon's bizarre "I am the alpha, you are my woman and serve me" poo poo he whispered in his wife's ear during their wedding.

So, it's some blend of dumb machismo and/or trauma from being related to a groomer and then assuming he might be as well.

Considering he's also a mama's boy and woo'd a singer around half his age who generally looks and acts like a dumb teenager and his penchant for calling people he doesn't like pedophiles, I think it's safe to say there's a whole lotta weird psychosexual stuff going on in his head.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Coolness Averted posted:

Considering he's also a mama's boy and woo'd a singer around half his age who generally looks and acts like a dumb teenager and his penchant for calling people he doesn't like pedophiles, I think it's safe to say there's a whole lotta weird psychosexual stuff going on in his head.

The fact that Grimes is FIVE YEARS OLDER THAN ME still blows my loving mind.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I've heard that The Muskrat has never gone back to South Africa since leaving; I can only imagine he'd be greeted with the same sort of welcome that Lyle Lanley received when he made an emergency stop in North Haverbrook

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.

The fact that Grimes is FIVE YEARS OLDER THAN ME still blows my loving mind.

Why the gently caress is anyone under 30 on this site?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

chglcu posted:

poor life choices mostly.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

chglcu posted:

Zil posted:

poor life choices mostly.

:yeah: Take it from me, being Way Too Online since elementary school will do that to you.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

:yeah: Take it from me, being Way Too Online since elementary school will do that to you.

wonder what its like having had the internet in elementary school

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

RFC2324 posted:

wonder what its like having had the internet in elementary school

My friends and I would look at ebaum's world and rotten.com all day, so...bad?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Is this iosm? I thought it was funny

Mak0rz has a new favorite as of 03:09 on Oct 5, 2021

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Bismuth posted:

My friends and I would look at ebaum's world and rotten.com all day, so...bad?

Same but Newgrounds. If you haven't used a proxy or similar haxx to get around AddictingGames being blocked, are you really as computer-savvy as you think you are? :colbert:

We got in trouble for playing Slap the Monkey or whatever that dumb Flash game was. I'm going to be old and deranged in a nursing home in forty years from now, hollering "Y'ALL REMEMBER CARTOON NETWORK RESORT?!" at anyone that will listen.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/himichan77/status/1445082606375215104?s=19

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Same but Newgrounds. If you haven't used a proxy or similar haxx to get around AddictingGames being blocked, are you really as computer-savvy as you think you are? :colbert:

We got in trouble for playing Slap the Monkey or whatever that dumb Flash game was. I'm going to be old and deranged in a nursing home in forty years from now, hollering "Y'ALL REMEMBER CARTOON NETWORK RESORT?!" at anyone that will listen.

Oooh yeah, we loved happy tree friends and retarded animal babies...god. Im not sure if the garbage i was exposed to as a child is better or worse than the weird games of doing root canals on pregnant elsa, but it was more creative

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

We only got internet access in my highschool junior year. This was 2001. The computers were networked mind you, so we had fun abusing that Windows messaging program to send system messages to people. The network admin also kept trying to prevent us from playing any of the built-in windows games but we would always find a way around the blocks.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

chglcu posted:

Well, I don't wanna get a Twitter, Facebook, or tiktok account and tumblr's gone now, so now I have nowhere else I should spend way too much time on.

I hope I didn't get this from earlier in the thread.

https://twitter.com/michaelshindler/status/1442474465506562049?s=21

Bismuth posted:

Oooh yeah, we loved happy tree friends and retarded animal babies...god. Im not sure if the garbage i was exposed to as a child is better or worse than the weird games of doing root canals on pregnant elsa, but it was more creative

I remember cartoon network resort and all those bumpers between shows that they used to run! I was such a baby about gore and blood though that I never got into Happy Tree Friends once I found out what the idea behind every episode was. To put it in perspective, I got Metroid Prime when l was 10 and it took me like 3 years to actually start playing it past the intro once you're actually on Tallon IV

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/ActNormalOrElse/status/1445182838941302786?s=19

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Growing up with the internet was the best, learning how to gently caress around with graphic design and HTML/CSS via MySpace, LJ and geocities is how I found out that I’m great at “learning by doing”. That coupled with a supportive grandpa is how I really found something I felt confidently decent at.

I was part of a younger generation to understand a pre internet world but can easily navigate the internet, whether on a technical or cultural level, from an earlier age. A foot in each world.

However I am also a goon, so like, still very stunted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

:hmmno: