Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dammerung posted:

I feel like Jagganoth's got that dumbass smartass thing down. He's smart enough to have his theory, smart enough to defend it, but not smart enough to understand that his detractors have valid points. No, he's SuperChakravartin Chalmers and it is clearly the kids who have nary a mote of understanding.

Ah, superchakravatin chalmers welcome! I hope you're prepared for an unforgettable cycle!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Ah, superchakravatin chalmers welcome! I hope you're prepared for an unforgettable cycle!

Dammit! I messed up, I was thinking of Skinner! Well, so much for the joke.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Nilbop posted:

It's the beard. It's been unleashed from it's kingly binding.

I actually got curious about exactly when that happened, and apparently he took the beard cage off for the "pose as a team because poo poo just got real" page, must have needed its unchained power.
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/breaker-of-infinities-2-61/

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

"Well Zoss you are an odd fellow but I admit, you turn a good wheel"

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
I'm still fuckin' mad about Grandpa Dragon. It's me, I'm the mark.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the true name of god? at this phase of the kalpa? on this existential level? localized entirely to your kitchen?

yes

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

What if I were to purchase a Key of Kings and disguise it as my own divinity?

Delightfully devilish, Mammon.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
SsssssssssssSolomonnn the universssse issssssss…

Yes Jadis it is somewhat wheel shaped.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

paranoid randroid posted:

the true name of god? at this phase of the kalpa? on this existential level? localized entirely to your kitchen?

yes

Allison Ruth from the City of Angels, Stimulator of Tired Minds with Bean Juice, Keeper of the Word "Traffic" and Master of the Art of Sig Alert Surfing

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

We need K6BD to be adapted into an animated series so it can be steamed hams'd

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh egads! My true heir is ruined!
But, what if I were to grab this girl and disguise her as my successor?

Ho ho ho, delightfully royal, zoss

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

:master:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Hm yes, and you call it the limitless power of pure creation itself, despite it obviously being an especially sharp rock?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

:vince:

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Anyone else thinking Jagganoth is actually going to end the universe (turn the wheel) and then we're going to get a reset of everything except with one-eyed, one-armed, remembers-everything Allison? I forget if this is the last book.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

This is the last book, but I think we're a long way from the end of it.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

FuturePastNow posted:

This is the last book, but I think we're a long way from the end of it.

I think this IS the end - the good guys are all murdered to death here and then there's a link to the first comic for another loop

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Oh wait; I know what'll happen.

End of Book Six: Loop One.

Followed by

Start of Book One: Loop ???...

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Dog Kisser posted:

I think this IS the end - the good guys are all murdered to death here and then there's a link to the first comic for another loop

Kill 2ix Billion Demons

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Dog Kisser posted:

Ah yes, the Mighty Max ending

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

If Jagganoth completes his Genocide Run, it will mess up Throne's save file forever :ohdear:

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

Pants Donkey posted:

Ah yes, the Mighty Max ending

New Comic+

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh wait; I know what'll happen.

End of Book Six: Loop One.

Followed by

Start of Book One: Loop ???...

Or he pulls a Homestuck and we see the words Book Five Book Two.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
There probably will be a part two. Abbandon has said that the fight with Jaganoth was originally supposed to be in the last book, and we’re only just now starting to deal with the aftermath. (I’m not begrudging the length of the fight. It needed every one of those pages to be paced properly.) If I had to guess the moment that was originally intended to end the last book, it was the reveal of Alison losing her arm and eye and starting to fall out of the sky. That’s already more than a third of the length of the last book, which was already the longest. So yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised if the final book was 230+ pages long and published in two volumes.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
KILL 6 BILLION DEMONS
- Book 6: The Ever Turning Wheel -

Some sort of visual 666 pun on the cover etc.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Granted I think we have like another 80 panels worth of budget before a hardcopy volume would be filled so maybe its not needed? Book 4 was just shy of 200 pages at print.

I'd be glad for another book.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Dr Subterfuge posted:

If I had to guess the moment that was originally intended to end the last book, it was the reveal of Alison losing her arm and eye and starting to fall out of the sky.

Nonono.

It's "Welp."

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Any theory about what happens next has to take into account that Abbadon has stated that he wants to wrap KSBD up so he can move onto the new projects he's been dreaming up while working on this comic, as this is a story whose foundations were built by a much younger version of himself. That's why the timeskip happened, because he didn't want to spend years of his life on fluff for a comic he'd rather see finished at a reasonable time.

In other words: No, the timeline isn't going to be reset. Whatever happens, it'll be in this cycle, no matter how busted it might seem to be right now. We're not getting a repeat of Homestuck.

"Everybody dies. Get over it."

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Oct 4, 2021

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
an Allison from the future will show up and save the day (and present Allison), having figured out the method and acquired the power to cut her way back in time numerous cycles from now

like I dunno maybe six billion loops into the future

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS
In print this will likely be two books, Breaker of Infinities and Wheel Smashing King

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
This is good news.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Operant posted:

In print this will likely be two books, Breaker of Infinities and Wheel Smashing King

Book Five Book Two CONFIRMED

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I love to break the wheel

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Operant posted:

how kissable will each book be

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Lunatic Sledge posted:

an Allison from the future will show up and save the day

barf

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Lunatic Sledge posted:

an Allison from the future will show up and save the day (and present Allison), having figured out the method and acquired the power to cut her way back in time numerous cycles from now

like I dunno maybe six billion loops into the future

Janeway 6 Billion Borgcubes

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Operant posted:

Book 5 Intermission 3 Book 2 Act 7

JK let it take as long as it takes, I'm here for it. Its been incredible so far.

What's the part we're all going to hate though?

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Bilirubin posted:

What's the part we're all going to hate though?

the part where it ends

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I really hope we don't do a time reversion, but instead have to live with the world as it currently exists, after Jagganoth and all the demiurges get taken down or put off to the side in various ways.

That's much more interesting - how history continues after this era of stagnation and decay, revitalized. I always love a New Sun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Operant posted:

Have you considered that...the Real Smashing King...is you