Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I had to remove the air box and battery tray on my Fit. Piece of cake as long as nothing is too rusty.

Holy poo poo you guys have concerts happening in November already? I was looking at Scorpions in March and I thought there's like a 70% chance it'll be postponed. I still have my Maiden tickets unused that I bought in 2019 lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

mobby_6kl posted:

Holy poo poo you guys have concerts happening in November already? I was looking at Scorpions in March and I thought there's like a 70% chance it'll be postponed. I still have my Maiden tickets unused that I bought in 2019 lol.

I just saw Mdou Moctar last weekend. I bought the tickets in 2019. Really surprised they honored them nearly 2 years later. I'm hoping that if Sleaford Mods end up doing another north american tour my tickets for that will still be good but not holding my breath. But yeah, some people are doing shows again.

Thread content:

I just ordered this reactive load power amp/attenuator for some cool rack preamps I have but haven't been using because they're kind of a PITA to set up and use in my apartment. I'm also hoping it will tame a vintage fender bassman I have that goes from 0 to permanent tinnitus with the smallest turn of the volume knob.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I nearly went to a Struts concert not long ago and one of the band members ended up having covid. Glad I didn’t go.

Anyway, I bought a hideous artifact from the 00s. AND it’s reversible! Black for when I feel emo, white for when I feel hipster.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Maybe a little bit of both for Easter.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Coffee And Pie posted:

I nearly went to a Struts concert not long ago and one of the band members ended up having covid. Glad I didn’t go.

That's hilarious because last year we went to a Struts concert in Pittsburg when they were doing the drive in shows, under the guise that would be something relatively safe.

Speaking of shows, we bought tickets to see the Passion of Dracula over at the Tecumseh Amphitheater!

We saw them perform Sleepy Hollow in 2019 and 2018, which were some of the best live performances we've ever been to. Actors basically lead the crowd around the base of the mountain, to the lake behind the stage, and then to a covered bridge where they had the headless horseman chase down Ichabod. Super stoked to head there tonight!

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
I guess I'm not the only one that's finally buying concert tickets again.

Saw them together at the same venue several years ago (with Ghost) and am very excited to see them again, despite Opeth not putting anything interesting out since then and Mastodon continuing to kick rear end. Probably 7th or 8th time seeing Mastodon and about the same for Opeth.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I have an infant so I can't go to shows for a myriad of reasons. I did buy a Cherry Sundrop Slushee from the gas station up the road and some meat to grill. drat good meat counter there for some reason.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Warbird posted:

I have an infant so I can't go to shows for a myriad of reasons.

Hey same, gotta keep the little ones safe. I bought a lot of junk food at the gas station up the street this week because sleep deprivation makes me eat garbage.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Solidarity. Snap into a slim Jim for me.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
I've been having horrible brain days the past little while so I keep doin things like ordering Slurpees and gummies at two am, so similar hat

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I basically never drink soft drinks at home, but they were 4€/6 so I bought some blood orange lemonade, and one can of Rio Cola just out of curiosity.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 12:59 on Oct 4, 2021

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i'd like try all of them

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

It is wonderfully loud.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

TheMadMilkman posted:

It is wonderfully loud.

Where's the blue LED?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

bowmore posted:

i'd like try all of them

Report: I'd skip the Rio Cola.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I went to an old timey diner the other day and got a classic chocolate soda. I don't like soda normally or even sweets but goddamn it was incredible.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Inzombiac posted:

I went to an old timey diner the other day and got a classic chocolate soda. I don't like soda normally or even sweets but goddamn it was incredible.

was it served by a real jerk?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Someone posted a Seiko tabletop watch a while back. I wanted a white one but they were out of stock at the time and I didn't bookmark the page. I went back about 20 pages and seem to have missed it. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

mystes
May 31, 2006

How is a "tabletop watch" different from a clock?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
it's for tracking how long it takes your friends to take their turns in board games

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Some new probes (fixed 10x) for my oscilloscope, only got one with it and it was in bad shape.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I searched for watch and clock and seiko and had nil luck with anything that could be a take top clock. Maybe a different thread?

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

obi_ant posted:

Someone posted a Seiko tabletop watch a while back. I wanted a white one but they were out of stock at the time and I didn't bookmark the page. I went back about 20 pages and seem to have missed it. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Old Binsby posted:

That marathon having sweeping seconds is nice. Nearly all quartz alarm clock annoyingly tick to some extent but this probably won't? My favorite marathon clock is a seiko. I bought this as a gift and it's as cute as you think it is irl. It only has a permanent dim backlight when you plug it in, it runs on batteries otherwise and the backlight lights up when you hit is. It doesnt do multiple alarms either.

https://www.amazon.com/Seiko-QHL062Y-Digital-Alarm-Yellow/dp/B00F1KWDRC

It was in the watch thread.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Report: I'd skip the Rio Cola.
This doesn't surprise me

Beethovens Fist Symphony
Oct 21, 2008
Oven Wrangler

His Divine Shadow posted:

Some new probes (fixed 10x) for my oscilloscope, only got one with it and it was in bad shape.

Hey if you want to call it your "oscilloscope" I ain't gonna judge, but I'm seeing a serious lack of flared bases on some of those so just please be careful okay?

For content, yesterday I received my 2nd order of Goose Creek candles ever since they were talked up earlier itt, and they are so wonderful. Been getting just random stuff that sounds like it would smell good and haven't really been disappointed yet. California Coast and Cabin the Woods are probably the standouts so far :3:

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

skooma512 posted:

How much work was it to get to the shifter cable bushings?

I have a 6MT Accord at 106k miles on the original clutch. Not looking forward to the day I have to get that done.

Here’s an update. Took me longer to open the installation instruction PDF on my phone than it did to install the bushings. If I’d had a factory intake airbox in the way it would have taken maybe 15 more minutes.

These are super nice bushings, but I’ve yet to take it for a test drive to see the difference.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
After nearly a 5 year hunt, I finally got a reasonably priced pair of Beolab 8000s yesterday, with a bonus Beosound 2300 CD player.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
Welp, I'm one of those assholes who bought a COVID puppy now. He's an Alaskan Klee Kai, turned 4.5 weeks old yesterday and had his first vet visit. The vet is pretty sure he's going to have two blue eyes when he's a bit older. We won't get to take him home for a few more weeks yet, but I'm excited :kimchi:

My green cheek conure and Western hognose both bit the dust last year within a month of each other (the bird suddenly out of nowhere, for no discernable reason; the snake had a chronic illness). The house has been way too quiet this last year without them :saddowns: I never thought my husband and I would adopt a mammal, but here we are!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Cute pup.

I got one of the new iPhone pros by way of the trade in insanity going on these days (not planning on changing carriers anytime soon so may as well take advantage). It’s quite nice; the variable refresh stuff makes things feel oh so smooth.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Bought new pillowcases, which are fine, but someone at that factory is lonely.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I asked about wallets earlier and I ended up buying the original soft shell SlimFold wallet. I have a weird amount of cards, so I needed something that can hold them all and they fit perfectly.

The cards are a little snug, but day one has been really good. I don't travel internationally as much as I used to, but it'll definitely fit the biggest bills I've seen.

I'm real pleased with how thin it is, too. A little wider than I thought it might be, but it fits fine in my pants and that's what really matters.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
There's also a thread for requesting products https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3684302

this wallet I have from many years ago is the most compact and durable one I've ever owned https://bellroy.com/products/slim-sleeve-wallet/leather_default/toffee#slide-1

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Solid Cake posted:

My green cheek conure and Western hognose both bit the dust last year within a month of each other (the bird suddenly out of nowhere, for no discernable reason; the snake had a chronic illness). The house has been way too quiet this last year without them :saddowns: I never thought my husband and I would adopt a mammal, but here we are!

You might be aware, but if not, that's just kinda how birds and a lot of other small pets tend to go. They will hide injury and illness until it's too late to do something about it. Had a cockatiel who was active, flying whistling eating, one day and dead the next. Probably just old age (he was old), but might have been ill :shrug:. I still miss him though, he was amazing. He picked up "go to cage to poop" without any real direction from us :3:. Also had a rabbit who had an impacted colon that we didn't catch until it was too late because she was also still active and eating until intervention was no longer possible.

I know what you mean about too quiet. The cockatiel was a great whistler and he always got real excited when I got home from work, flyin around and whistling. It was really hard for a while to not come home to that :smith:

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Glottis posted:

There's also a thread for requesting products https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3684302

this wallet I have from many years ago is the most compact and durable one I've ever owned https://bellroy.com/products/slim-sleeve-wallet/leather_default/toffee#slide-1

I have the Bellroy note sleeve. It’s going on 4 years now and it’s basically indestructible. Before that I had a slim sleeve and it lasted 5 years before I decided I wanted something more spacious (and a different color).

Great company.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
These wallets look cool don't me wrong, but 80 bucks is pretty steep.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

They can be slim because you won’t have any cash left to store after buying them :dadjoke:

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I've had my belroy for at least 7 years. It still looks great and functions flawlessly. I don't think I'll ever need to buy another wallet at this rate but if I do it'll be a belroy.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

skooma512 posted:

got this for $5 new after wallet chat and realizing I just wanted a new mighty wallet, it'll last me 10 years or until I get tired of seeing how ugly it is.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

Just got my oven steels from Misen. I know you gotta package stuff but it was still cute seeing them blue bagged, in their own cardboard boxes, in an over carton. No pics because they're sheets of carbon steel but I bet they'll work, they are surprisingly heavy at 13"x10"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

skooma512 posted:

I bought a hand made leather wallet off etsy for like $100 because I'm a hipster piece of poo poo and it looks cool as heck once it wore in and got a patina

Also, update on the power amp I posted last week: I got it yesterday, hooked it up and it sounds rad as gently caress. It just sings with my Mesa Studio pre. So good.