Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Kikas posted:

Yo I completely missed that holy poo poo :psyduck: Those are some atrocious stats, for any game. 2 second peek advantage and 5fps server tickrate? That's garbage, even for an MMO.

Looks like an improvement over the last time they tested it. :downs:
This is good for Star Citizen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

eyyy everyone get a load of THIS GUY

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
For reference, does anyone know what WoW's tick was/is? I remember it getting tighter as years went on.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/ay8yNE3.mp4

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i checked this thread a few days ago and this game still sin't out? smh

slagmatic
Apr 28, 2004

glowy melty swirling things!

Khanstant posted:

i checked this thread a few days ago and this game still sin't out? smh

same, but years ago

.random
May 7, 2007

slagmatic posted:

same, but years ago

Same, but years into the future

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Even in all of Marvel's multiverses and "What if"'s they still can't find a place where the game has been released.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Star Citizen more like poo poo Shitteshit

Are there still blind items being posted? Those used to be my favourite part of this ever unwinding saga

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

so one of theagent's hello posts was that Jared is out soon, wil it be announced during citcon i wonder?

maybe he will give a tearful goodbye on stage ala Sandi?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
It's Star Citizen so he'll just one day disappear without any mention and a new replacement will slot right in as if nothing ever happened. He'll make a post about getting a free Star Citizen themed PC 4 years from now and how thankful to CIG he is.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
Lando never worked for CIG.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Nothing else ever worked for CIG, either

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

This seems racist.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Popete posted:

It's Star Citizen so he'll just one day disappear without any mention and a new replacement will slot right in as if nothing ever happened. He'll make a post about getting a free Star Citizen themed PC 4 years from now and how thankful to CIG he is.

hello everyone it is me your new community manager and master of space shits or whatever... , Len Blesnick!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Chronojam posted:

Nothing else ever worked for CIG, either

:gary:

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
hey guys remember ben, feels like years ago he was getting up off that couch

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

nawledgelambo posted:

hey guys remember ben, feels like years ago he was getting up off that couch

Rumor has it he's almost finished.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
just here reminiscing about the days when wtfosaurus (is he dead?) was the twerk77 but never would say it to keep that twitch money flowin. That and when sandi would have something inane to add via twitter or some sort of video on the main channel, and chris would be 'yes'ing' to the proper amount of creases on your characters rear end hole and the amount of sesame seeds on your spaceburger every monday. Jared would be hosting the greatest show on earth with ben and his wife (a saint who seemingly was the only one actually making something of her job) and token black man.

It was the best reality tv/internet drama series that truly was unscripted in which nobody but a devout group of retards asked for

On Time Frank
Mar 24, 2016

Sandepande posted:

Lando never worked for CIG.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

LOL poor old Lando recast as the ghost of Nikolai Yezhov

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

nawledgelambo posted:

just here reminiscing about the days when wtfosaurus (is he dead?) was the twerk77 but never would say it to keep that twitch money flowin. That and when sandi would have something inane to add via twitter or some sort of video on the main channel, and chris would be 'yes'ing' to the proper amount of creases on your characters rear end hole and the amount of sesame seeds on your spaceburger every monday. Jared would be hosting the greatest show on earth with ben and his wife (a saint who seemingly was the only one actually making something of her job) and token black man.

It was the best reality tv/internet drama series that truly was unscripted in which nobody but a devout group of retards asked for

It seems that WTFO quit streaming and probably got a real job?

https://www.twitch.tv/saurus/clip/GrossTrustworthyFloofMoreCowbell

This looks like WTFO's last SC stream.

Sectopod
Aug 24, 2017

(WTFO)Saurus seems to still stream GTA5 occasionally. But I remember seeing some clip where he announced that he quit his job to go pro-streamer (lol).

e: I can't find that anymore, he seems to have deleted most of his streams? He also used to play New World on twitch, but those videos have disappeared.

Sectopod fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Oct 6, 2021

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Sectopod posted:

(WTFO)Saurus seems to still stream GTA5 occasionally. But I remember seeing some clip where he announced that he quit his job to go pro-streamer (lol).

e: I can't find that anymore, he seems to have deleted most of his streams? He also used to play New World on twitch, but those videos have disappeared.

I thought I'd go to pixelemonade.com as it is the #1 place for Star Citizen news to get this confirmed but it seems to be down for me.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

skeletors_condom posted:

So someone on the SC :reddit: made a basic analysis of SC's networking performance during the Xenofail event.

Note the 22 mbit client bandwidth requirement and 160 ms built-in delay.

here's a thing no matter how awful it is. Its still good enough if the end user accepts it.
Like sc backers aint exactly complaining about network issues, they are too busy dreaming about 1000's of players in single shard.
a issue that isnt exactly visually visible gets overshadowed easily with promises and early access excuse.
And even if they are complaining now they will forget all about it in 2 weeks as they showcase pyro in citcon this time with tangible release date, and SQ42 spoiler footage that was previously impossible to produce because of spoilers.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Peekers advantage is a meaningless term for a game mainly about taking screenshots of clouds.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sandweed posted:

Peekers advantage is a meaningless term for a game mainly about taking screenshots of clouds.

Lust in his minders advantage doesn't really roll off the tongue tho.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Hoping for a new render of Mark Hamill from Maya they can use for the next 10 years. The last 10-year lifespan render is looking a bit aged these days.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
We're 3 days away from CitizenCon. I'm 50/50 on if they even mention ToW or SQ42. It almost feels like they have to show something for SQ42 but I said the same thing in 2019 and it was completely absent.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Hoping for another special space ship to buy, like the kraken that never came out.

Hoping it will be a carrier or pocket carrier that punches above its weight.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I will thank every star in the sky if Chris "Master Blaster" Roberts plays Star Citizen again.

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Dark Off posted:

here's a thing no matter how awful it is. Its still good enough if the end user accepts it.
Like sc backers aint exactly complaining about network issues, they are too busy dreaming about 1000's of players in single shard.
a issue that isnt exactly visually visible gets overshadowed easily with promises and early access excuse.
And even if they are complaining now they will forget all about it in 2 weeks as they showcase pyro in citcon this time with tangible release date, and SQ42 spoiler footage that was previously impossible to produce because of spoilers.

:five: Store Citizen isn't a video game in the traditional sense.

You don't need networking performance for a hybrid digital asset collectible service x "My Dream Space MMO" fanfic writing community.

Groshlak
Jan 9, 2021

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I will thank every star in the sky if Chris "Master Blaster" Roberts plays Star Citizen again.

I would also like that very much, but we all know this is more in the realm of fantasy than realistic expectations. Even if the game(s) were to release (lol), I'm pretty sure they won't risk it again. I think it's a safe bet that the guy doesn't know how to play his game more than years ago. I think that when they showed the "proof of life" on twitter, it was a deliberate choice not to show him playing the game for real. I'm pretty sure they presented the demonstration as acting to their daughter.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Popete posted:

We're 3 days away from CitizenCon. I'm 50/50 on if they even mention ToW or SQ42. It almost feels like they have to show something for SQ42 but I said the same thing in 2019 and it was completely absent.

A bullshot video of an extra planet that they are showing saying that is 100% working in the video, but will say after that its still being worked on. Release date in 3 quarters time, but will be 2026.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Someone please update our citcon bingo card

.random
May 7, 2007

happyhippy posted:

A bullshot video of an extra planet that they are showing saying that is 100% working in the video, but will say after that its still being worked on. Release date in 3 quarters time, but will be 2026.

It will be ready in three quarters. They just aren’t specifying which quarters :eng101:

h3isenbug
Jun 5, 2016

Right Meow!

happyhippy posted:

Until server meshing is in you will need to select which of the two "star system" slideshows you want to be playing in the launcher and they won't be connected in any way whatsoever, of course.

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

what am I looking at here? Is it how much each streamer makes? Is it an internal leak?

Regardless, what is to stop CIG from slipping streamers a few hundred bucks a month straight through their Twitch via personal accounts not directly linked to CIG? Like they're paid shills but on paper they're getting donations from "Hugh Mann" and "Len Besnick"? Paid sponsorships have to be disclosed but there are ways around it, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Strangler 42 posted:

what am I looking at here? Is it how much each streamer makes? Is it an internal leak?

yep it's a twitch leak

honestly I thought they'd make more. that earnings number is from August 2019 to Sept 2021 so two entire years. I mean not that an extra 5 figures would go amiss but I assume they have to have real jobs as well at that income level