Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao

Chamale posted:

Whatever it was, it's gone now

was Ida from Family Guy with a disgustingly, nakedly transphobic redtext rant about how they never shut up about being trans

Edit: a truly shameful snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

i posted "mark fuckerberg" on the comments section for a beef stew brand announcement and it crashed the site sorry

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

razorscooter posted:

i posted "mark fuckerberg" on the comments section for a beef stew brand announcement and it crashed the site sorry

It was actually me I hit the like button too hard on your mark fuckerberg post

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

ok i'm at the server rack which part of the box do i apply the horse paste to to fix it

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

razorscooter posted:

how am i going to see the same five lifehack videos in a row now???? you monster

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
Serial spree killer Sam Hyde at it again. when will someone stop him ?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
"money isnt real," i assure myself as i close my eyes and ram the Facebook server farm with my lovely bronco.

https://twitter.com/business/status/1445116995209515008?s=20

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

:(

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

ok i'm at the server rack which part of the box do i apply the horse paste to to fix it

Go with 'all of them'. Better safe than sorry.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

uber_stoat posted:

"money isnt real," i assure myself as i close my eyes and ram the Facebook server farm with my lovely bronco.

Maybe as his fake computer money disappears he will start to weaken physically as well...

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

uber_stoat posted:

this is like in an rpg game where all the NPCs you met pray for you to win and destroy the final boss's shield

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Mark Zuckerberg is Andross, and Star Fox are the combined hopes and dreams of humanity.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Don't stop I'm almost there

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Facebook is back before anything particularly funny could happen about it

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
https://twitter.com/chuckgrassley/status/1445087131274256402?s=21

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

tokin opposition posted:

they forgot that i also smoke weed and am a rereg, rookie mistakes

stop stealing my gimmick

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Pretty good interview with the FB whistleblower

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lx5VmAdZSI

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

staticman posted:

:stonk: Can we at least ban+30 whoever the gently caress bought your av? Transphobes are loving cowards holy poo poo.

Sorry, being able to anonymously purchase avatars for other posters is considered a load bearing feature of the forums.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Buck Wildman posted:

this is like in an rpg game where all the NPCs you met pray for you to win and destroy the final boss's shield

If you’re thinking ff4 those were mostly playable characters not NPCs

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Palladium posted:

What was the year again where we were continuously told VR is gonna be the biggerest thing ever? 2017?
I feel like if there was going to be a deciding moment for VR gaming, it was Half Life: Alyx. Absolutely amazing game, AAA franchise, VR headsets are down to the price of a console and Steam VR sold out because of it, but I don't think anyone bought a VR set who wouldn't have in the next year or two.

PostNouveau posted:

Pretty good interview with the FB whistleblower

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lx5VmAdZSI
I know that everyone in history says new things and new technology are bad for kids, but the internal research on social media and particularly Instagram's effects on girls and young women is reminiscent of big tobacco knowing smoking causes cancer or oil companies pushing leaded gas and suppressing global warming research.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

smarxist posted:

i respect adam savage because he got to play with one of the dumb boston dynamics dogs and he taught it how to pull a rickshaw for himself

i like the guy who made one piss beer

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

GWBBQ posted:

I know that everyone in history says new things and new technology are bad for kids, but the internal research on social media and particularly Instagram's effects on girls and young women is reminiscent of big tobacco knowing smoking causes cancer or oil companies pushing leaded gas and suppressing global warming research.

you don't get to be a billionaire by pondering whether or not you're doing crimes against humanity

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/pitdesi/status/1445118812659933187

begun the drone wars have

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

GWBBQ posted:

They had all this research and were still plowing ahead with "Instagram 4 Kidz!" (right up until this whistle-blower detonated it).

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

lol good

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/sfchronicle/status/1445092841215062020

WIRE HEADS CONFIRMED FOR 2021!

hope you fuckers like the government being able to mandate medical procedures for employment etc

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Armadillo Tank posted:

hope you fuckers like the government being able to mandate medical procedures for employment etc

The procedure you linked actually seems Cool and Good and I'm not sure what's dystopian about it or how it leads to government medical mandates or whatever

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

camoseven posted:

The procedure you linked actually seems Cool and Good and I'm not sure what's dystopian about it or how it leads to government medical mandates or whatever

The cause of her depression is capitalism hth

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Armadillo Tank posted:

https://twitter.com/sfchronicle/status/1445092841215062020

WIRE HEADS CONFIRMED FOR 2021!

can it be coin operated

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

IAMKOREA posted:

The cause of her depression is capitalism hth

I mean probably, but also quite a lot of depression is purely chemical imbalances. This tech seems good in the same sense that painkillers are good - doesn't solve the problem, but helps you deal with the lovely side effects of the problem.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

CodfishCartographer posted:

I mean probably, but also quite a lot of depression is purely chemical imbalances. This tech seems good in the same sense that painkillers are good - doesn't solve the problem, but helps you deal with the lovely side effects of the problem.

I understand what youre getting at but painkillers are a funny example to pick

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

StashAugustine posted:

I understand what youre getting at but painkillers are a funny example to pick

lmao yeah you're right I didn't think that one through.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!

CodfishCartographer posted:

Yooo it's not on you at all because new developments don't reach the public evenly, but the chemical imbalance model was never definitive and is outdated. Also there was no assumption that monoamine imbalances just appeared randomly.

Gonna track down the study on the efficacy of ketamine another goon posted, as it has a nice breakdown.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

painkillers are an essential part of any health care system and it's not the concept of analgesia's fault that the sacklers specifically and capitalists in general are amoral subhumans :colbert:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
zap my brain mr science man!!

https://twitter.com/VICE/status/1445443679703879687?s=20

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!
Ah, here we go: Cortical GABAergic Dysfunction in Stress and Depression: New Insights for Therapeutic Interventions

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fncel.2019.00087/full?utm_source=ad&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=ba_sci_fncel

Anyhow, who needs to wire an electroshock therapy device into your brain when we're finally admitting that :horsedrugs: can be useful in this context.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

quote:

None of this has put a serious damper on the Evolved Apes trade on OpenSea, where the project is still verified. There have been over 574 NFT sales with a total volume of 13.9 ether ($47,230) since Friday, when the rug-pull became public.

lmao

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Radirot posted:

can it be coin operated

the facebook version serves an ad straight to your brain before taking action

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

pmchem posted:

the facebook version serves an ad straight to your brain before taking action

it counteracts your depression by canceling out those electrical signals in your brain and replaces them with a thirst for an ice cold budweiser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
I yearn for the tasp