Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

A Bad Poster posted:

I'm sure omnipotent beings are cool about it when you show up to the afterlife and go "well technically."

According to the Jewish faith, he is totally cool with it. The Torah is not in heaven. It’s on Earth, and the laws of the rabbis per the covenant with g*d are upheld as correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

When they were carrier pigeons, you could get some free food when they rained down. Drones, not so much.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Nice! posted:

According to the Jewish faith, he is totally cool with it. The Torah is not in heaven. It’s on Earth, and the laws of the rabbis per the covenant with g*d are upheld as correct.

Yeah, I mean if anyone Jewish god would probably love that poo poo. Him hating rules lawyering would be like him hating usury, that’s just not how Jewish god rolls.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

You sound like a man who never ate a cessna

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

This is our future. Everything is getting more automated, so bugs in processes are amplified and impacting actual physical things. When software engineers interact with the real world more and more, the fuckups will be hilarious- like Facebook locking out employers because servers go down.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Mr. Nice! posted:

The Torah is not in heaven. It’s on Earth, and the laws of the rabbis per the covenant with g*d are upheld as correct.

This still sounds like "well technically"

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

The Eyes Have It posted:

This still sounds like "well technically"

It’s in the right spirit of things, then :dadjoke:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/05/nyregion/fbi-raid-sergeants-benevolent-association-nypd.html

quote:

Federal investigators on Tuesday morning raided the Manhattan office of one of New York City’s main police unions in connection with an ongoing investigation, according to two people with the knowledge of the matter.

The union, the Sergeants Benevolent Association, represents about 13,000 active and retired police sergeants in New York. Its headquarters were searched as part of an investigation by the F.B.I. and the public corruption unit in the U.S. attorney’s office in Manhattan, the people said.

Investigators also executed a search warrant at the Long Island home of the union’s president, Edward D. Mullins, a person with knowledge of the operation said.

While the precise focus and scope of the investigation could not immediately be determined, the search of Mr. Mullins’s home suggests that the inquiry is at least in some measure focused on him.

An F.B.I. spokesman said only that agents “were conducting a law enforcement operation pursuant to an ongoing investigation” at the union’s offices in Lower Manhattan.

At least four federal agents were inside the union’s headquarters at around noon on Tuesday. The investigators lowered dark wooden blinds and placed pieces of cardboard inside four windows to prevent the public from gazing inside.

Mr. Mullins, who has run the union since 2002, could not immediately be reached for comment. The sergeants’ union, which says it is the fifth-largest police union in the country, did not immediately respond to questions about the raid, which was reported earlier by The New York Daily News.

Mr. Mullins, long an outspoken figure, has become known in recent years for making brash and incendiary remarks on social media, particularly against Mayor Bill de Blasio.

Mr. Mullins recently faced internal discipline charges over his behavior on Twitter, including for sharing a police report documenting the arrest of Mr. de Blasio’s daughter, Chiara, during protests in New York.

The Police Department does not typically release internal reports, and the one that Mr. Mullins shared contained personal information about Ms. de Blasio.

Mr. de Blasio declined to comment on the raid at a news conference on Tuesday, saying he did not know any details, but he said that Mr. Mullins had long been a “divisive voice” whose behavior had been “destructive.”

Mr. Mullins also faces internal discipline over tweets in which he used profane language against Dr. Oxiris Barbot, the former city health commissioner, and Representative Ritchie Torres, a Democratic congressman who represents the Bronx.

Mr. Torres, who has called for Mr. Mullins’s resignation over what he has described as racist, misogynistic and homophobic remarks, tweeted on Tuesday that Mr. Mullins had received a “first-class raid” from the F.B.I.

Mr. Mullins has also drawn scrutiny for his outspoken right-wing politics in a city where Democrats significantly outnumber Republicans. Both the sergeants’ union and its larger sister union, the Police Benevolent Association, have been run mostly by conservatives whose views are not representative of the metropolis they police.

Mr. Mullins has praised former President Donald J. Trump, a Republican who was deeply unpopular among city residents. He also came under fire from liberal lawmakers after giving an interview to Fox News surrounded by paraphernalia linked to QAnon, a fringe conspiracy theory backed largely by Trump supporters.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

They gonna find dead hookers in his backyard.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
Someone get me this for Christmas tia https://twitter.com/sirosenbaum/status/1421295667117498368

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
I'm unsure if this counts as 'no ring' or not.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

More like they spent too much time online. No way that’s not on purpose.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Feels great to know that I live in an economy that at the very highest levels functions in about the same way I would if I were to quit my job and live off credit cards.

Remember how every American is supposed to have 6 months of expenses set away for an emergency but virtually every corporation in America was begging for money two weeks into COVID because they literally live hand to mouth thanks to dividends and stock buybacks eating up every bit of cash flow

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Zamujasa posted:

I'm unsure if this counts as 'no ring' or not.

There’s a ring to the ring so yes

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
No ring on the finger. No ring.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

My Spirit Otter posted:

No ring on the finger. No ring.

This is how religious schisms start.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

The rote literalism of Tradses is trapping Goatseism in a dead end and I for one shall no longer stand for them withholding from us the bright future ahead

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Unrelated but:

The Something Awful Forums > Internet VF-Boo!

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
Internet VFW (vampires, fantasms, and witches)

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

More like they spent too much time online. No way that’s not on purpose.

In Redmond, WA they have these signs. There is no need for the hands to be in the image at all. Kinda wonder why vandals haven't gone around adding rings.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Hexyflexy posted:

This is how religious schisms start.

Ok, but the group who are fine with no ring are the iconoclasts, because they are destroying goatse

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Best Friends posted:

Unrelated but:

The Something Awful Forums > Internet VF-Boo!

US Berder Patrol posted:

Internet VFW (vampires, fantasms, and witches)

I made a change request with the admins to rename the subforum something appropriately scary for October

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hyrax Attack! posted:

In Redmond, WA they have these signs. There is no need for the hands to be in the image at all. Kinda wonder why vandals haven't gone around adding rings.

I think it’s meant to represent hands on a steering wheel.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

My Spirit Otter posted:

Ok, but the group who are fine with no ring are the iconoclasts, because they are destroying goatse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRvCwtLLV6I

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Hyrax Attack! posted:

You wouldn't be able to see the ring from that perspective. :colbert:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Hyrax Attack! posted:

This is the BC governement's standard social distancing awareness poster.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Kazinsal posted:

This is the BC governement's standard social distancing awareness poster.

quote:

Reduce the spread

The goatman was emphatically against reducing the spread.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

You can still jerk off on wellbutrin, right? The army doc said yes but lol if you trust one of them

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

My Spirit Otter posted:

You can still jerk off on wellbutrin, right? The army doc said yes but lol if you trust one of them

depends on your brain and the dosage

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

150mg and broken

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

depends on your brain and the dosage

You can do anything if you put your mind to it!

:v:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

My Spirit Otter posted:

Hello i started doing wellbutrin this year and...

My Spirit Otter posted:

150mg and broken

This was my status as well. It was really bad at the beginning, I mean you can still do it but it deflates faster than Jeb Bush chances at the republican party nomination.

Its better nowadays but i would describe it as turgid

Funkysock
Aug 8, 2011

Clapping Larry

My Spirit Otter posted:

My doc started giving me wellbutrin because I was having those symptoms on lexapro alone.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Zoloft does it too.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I got on Lexapro this year and I've had no sexual issues

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
With the kidney stone, I was on flomax/tamsulosin and I was not very welcome.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

If your heart can handle it, just take sildenafil as well.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

If your heart can handle it, just take sildenafil as well.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

ElMaligno posted:

Hello i started doing wellbutrin this year and...

This was my status as well. It was really bad at the beginning, I mean you can still do it but it deflates faster than Jeb Bush chances at the republican party nomination.

Its better nowadays but i would describe it as turgid

:saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Zoloft does it too.

For me the Zoloft gave me zero performance issues but serious finishing issues. I could jerk it but didn't really care if I finished or not. My gf (now wife) wasn't complaining too much about that effect though...

I mean, it was unpleasant but sure beat failing out of college from not going to classes due to not getting out of bed all day, and sure beat getting dumped by my gf for periodically being a total dick to her for zero reason.