Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

So if I lose a hand, I get the ability to fist ghosts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

The Muerte thread if anyone wants to compare/contrast with this biking redditor

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714480&perpage=40&noseen=1

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Tweak posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714480&perpage=40&noseen=1

this is pretty good

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

RFC2324 posted:

Muerte, who has already been mentioned with his hike for mental health awareness

Is this from GBS? I haven’t looked there for a long time, and this sounds like some GBS Superstar posting. I believe this is the first multiple-sub forum-discussion I’ve missed since not hopping on the Airdisc thread day one, and it makes me wonder if I’m getting too old for this poo poo. :confused:

Edit: thanks for the link! Bookmarked for reading later on.

DerekSmartymans fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Oct 6, 2021

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

This broke my mind for some reason, I've been cackling like a lunatic for the last half hour.

"I Have No Toes And I Must Get Sucked"

William Bear fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Oct 6, 2021

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Why does no one on writing subreddits know how the gently caress to write an engaging sentence?

Do they just have a truckload of prepositions they need to sell today or they're not making payroll?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I mean gently caress. You have two sentences. Set up, build tension, release tension, punchline.

You can't meander across 6 subjects

gently caress. Fuuuuuck.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It was a dark and stormy night. My mom had just poured me a fresh cold glass of Mountain Dew gamer fuel.

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog

MarcusSA posted:

It was a dark and stormy night. My mom had just poured me a fresh cold glass of Mountain Dew gamer fuel.

when the INTERNET BROKE

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I reloaded in vibeo jame. Just then, a bad guy rounded the corner...

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

gbs but from 2004 posted:

https://reddit.com/r/MadeMeSmile/comments/q190vp/i_have_trying_to_teach_myself_how_to_cook_because/

hey guys I was eating too much junk food and microwave meals so I’m teaching myself to cook anyway here’s some processed frozen junk meat I warmed up and then I put one potato in a jar of mayonnaise /r/mademesmile :) wholesome :)

Most of the comments seem to be "I don't get it, he obviously just microwaved some chicken tenders and mashed potatoes" - and some point out that he has a history of posting things like that - it's not the first time he has claimed its the first meal he cooked.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Tweak posted:

"I've survived until the age of 26 and I've never cooked a single thing on a stove, actually I have cooked macaroni before. Stop acting like a dipshit. I can pick up a stove at any point if I decide I want one."

Ahh, I always forget that plot twist

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Computer viking posted:

Most of the comments seem to be "I don't get it, he obviously just microwaved some chicken tenders and mashed potatoes" - and some point out that he has a history of posting things like that - it's not the first time he has claimed its the first meal he cooked.

Lmao, like your account has a loving post history. Jesus Christ Reddit is dumb as rocks.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I posted a while ago about an awful /r/quityourbullshit post that was just a weird witch hunt leading to harassing some person for being an autistic woman who had taken nude photos of herself in the past. During that, I had an exchange with that subreddit's mods where I got heated and insulted them because they obviously were not interested in stuff like being careful putting a spotlight on people's private information and targeting them for harassment (after which they made that thread a "Mod's Choice" most likely because they were butthurt about being insulted).

The weird part is, in the month since that happened it almost seems like my account has entered some kind of "low engagement" mode where a very strange number of my comments go completely unresponded to or unnoticed in most subforums. I know this sounds kinda paranoid, but I'm not exactly freaking about it or anything... I'm strongly considering just deleting my account anyway because I hate everything the site stands for. There's just a very noticeable difference in the amount of comments I make in big subreddits that are never upvoted or downvoted even once. I can't help but wonder if mods of big subreddits have access to any vindictive punishment buttons that secretly flag your account as a troll or something.

Martman fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Oct 9, 2021

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog
reddit thread strikes again

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Ur not supposed to touch the poop (Reddit)

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
The poop is inside the thread.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Martman posted:

I posted a while ago about an awful /r/quityourbullshit post that was just a weird witch hunt leading to harassing some person for being an autistic woman who had taken nude photos of herself in the past. During that, I had an exchange with that subreddit's mods where I got heated and insulted them because they obviously were not interested in stuff like being careful putting a spotlight on people's private information and targeting them for harassment (after which they made that thread a "Mod's Choice" most likely because they were butthurt about being insulted).

The weird part is, in the month since that happened it almost seems like my account has entered some kind of "low engagement" mode where a very strange number of my comments go completely unresponded to or unnoticed in most subforums. I know this sounds kinda paranoid, but I'm not exactly freaking about it or anything... I'm strongly considering just deleting my account anyway because I hate everything the site stands for. There's just a very noticeable difference in the amount of comments I make in big subreddits that are never upvoted or downvoted even once. I can't help but wonder if mods of big subreddits have access to any vindictive punishment buttons that secretly flag your account as a troll or something.

:kstare:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

wow they're really gonna gently caress with someone's karma like that

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Martman posted:

a very strange number of my comments go completely unresponded to or unnoticed

If your posting on reddit is anything like your posts here, nobody is talking to you because your posts suck

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I always thought I was just unpopular but it turns out I've been living in "Low Engagement Mode."

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
That ain't it chief

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

I always thought I was just unpopular but it turns out I've been living in "Low Engagement Mode."

Fwiw Jeff turned that on for this site when he took over.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Help, I'm being gangstalked by reddit :tinfoil:

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Yeah yeah, I know. But Reddit witch hunts are terrible, mods of big subreddits are power tripping piss babies, and I just wouldn't be surprised if there are weird mute buttons or something. I don't care about upvotes, it just seemed like the karma stopped fluctuating in any direction at all like it used to.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
:mods:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Who are you guys talking about? I can't see anything :confused:

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Martman posted:

surprised if there are weird mute buttons or something. I don't care about upvotes, it just seemed like the karma stopped fluctuating in any direction at all like it used to.

You keeping track of your reddit points enough to notice this makes me think that you actually care about them.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Gotta get that dopamine hit somehow

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

reddit shadowbanning is real, there's a whole subform dedicated to explaining it. if the reddit robot decides your posts suck all your posts have to be manually approved by the sub's mods.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Huh, weird. Thread marked as updated but there are no new posts :confused:

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Martman posted:

Basically every social media has shadowbanning, it's harder to notice compared to an outright ban so it probably slows down bots just a tad.

As for arguing with reddit mods, lol

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
have you considered that reddit did you a favor, OP

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

https://youtu.be/DOqb_UzJSUQ

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

It’s Reddit anyway you can make as many throwaway accounts as you want. It’s an amazing and robust moderation system with no flaws.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

subpar anachronism posted:

if the reddit robot decides your posts suck all your posts have to be manually approved by the sub's mods.

Holy poo poo who'd want to be a mod on reddit??

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Ratjaculation posted:

Gotta get that dopamine hit somehow

Heres your free one.

Next one is going to cost you :10bux:

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Solar Tornado posted:

Holy poo poo who'd want to be a mod on reddit??

You know how around here, the unwritten rule is “if you want to be made a mod, you should never be made a mod”?

Reddit is staffed almost exclusively by those sorts of people.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

It’s Reddit anyway you can make as many throwaway accounts as you want. It’s an amazing and robust moderation system with no flaws.

they don't even require email verification so you can make an actual unlimited bag of alts for no effort

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerstepp
Apr 8, 2019

Martman posted:

Have you tried casually dropping the N-word to see if you're down voted into oblivion or not?

I feel like that's the only way we'll know for sure.