Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Polo-Rican posted:

Ironically, if you go to yosemite, yellowstone, zion, etc during peak travel season, you'll get loving stuck in traffic jams within the parks... It's ridiculous and kinda disgusting.

Last time I was at Zion, they highly recommended taking shuttle buses into the parks instead of driving in. Each of these parks has a little town outside the gates and they all run shuttles.

they actually zoned out the inner part of the park several years back to shuttles-only iirc.

but yeah yellowstone is real bad. hugely gimmicky these days too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

All cars go into a big car sized wood chipper. Children will dance around the everest sized pile of shredded cars. It will be the most joyous day in human history.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
still lmaoing at the guy who stumbled in apoplectic about not being able to drive to nature

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

still lmaoing at the guy who stumbled in apoplectic about not being able to drive to nature

but then how will i transport my 30-50 feral dogs to the vet

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

actionjackson posted:

also lol at carrying a loving greyhound in a tote, do you have any idea what their dimensions are like

Whippet is superior. Saw a lady on a road bike with her whippet in a backpack, prone onto the owner's spine, head out front, enjoying ride to the dog park.

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

actionjackson posted:

lol at carrying a loving greyhound in a tote, do you have any idea what their dimensions are like

is this too long to be a thread title

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

cool av posted:

is this too long to be a thread title

i did my best

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

vyelkin posted:

literally just ban cars and alternatives will present themselves, it's a real thing and it is the inverse effect of induced demand

lyft and uber will just classify their vehicles as ambulances

Nitevision posted:

"We can't decarbonize, how else will I appreciate our earth's natural beauty :qq: " <-- THis is what cars do to your brain.

yeah cool btw our entire infrastructure is setup to require a car atm

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

actionjackson posted:

oh my god shut up

i rode a bike to honduras once, you can ride to the park

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

i say swears online posted:

oh my god shut up

i rode a bike to honduras once, you can ride to the park

80% of americans can barely even move

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

actionjackson posted:

80% of americans can barely even move

you should hydrate and lay down

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

you should hydrate and lay down

bitch i jsut walked to the grocery co-op

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

actionjackson posted:

you can't take dogs on public transit in my city (and I assume the US in general) unless they are service animals

also lol at carrying a loving greyhound in a tote, do you have any idea what their dimensions are like

I have a hand cart for mine

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Kei cars are cool but if you're looking for a truck with a bed length similar to what they used to be ie six to eight feet long then you're gonna be left reeeal disappointed by a kei truck.

Also some states have hate boners against them and won't let you register them. Washington and Oregon are going that route and also Rhode island and Maine are actively going after owners now. Even those who legally registered theirs in the past

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Also some states have hate boners against them and won't let you register them. Washington and Oregon are going that route and also Rhode island and Maine are actively going after owners now. Even those who legally registered theirs in the past

Is it because they lack modern safety features?

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

actionjackson posted:

this is exactly the problem that urgently needs fixing, yes

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Is it because they lack modern safety features?

Yes. But with that logic you need to ban all old and vintage cars and yet they are only going after little fuel sipping kei cars and some 4x4 vans. All Japanese, you don't see them applying the same logic to old American or European cars.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Nitevision posted:

The answer to a lot of this century's questions is that things have changed and you aren't entitled to do the things you comfortably did before

This is bullshit btw. The issue isn't one of scarcity, but of distribution and waste.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Anyway, I hate cars in cities and suburbs and I hate people who commute by car especially if they are poor or poc, or white, or rich. Get rid of those two things and the environmental impact of cars all but disappears. After that the next largest polluter would be trucking, which is just a policy failure that could be fixed over the next 20years if the political will existed to do so.

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

and after trucking...well, we all know what the next biggest polluter is iykwim

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

after we ban cars and destroy all of them you will still be allowed to drive the cars from the flintstones, thats green energy

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

horse-drawn pickup

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I'm hating cars and car culture right now

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

the bitcoin of weed posted:

after we ban cars and destroy all of them you will still be allowed to drive the cars from the flintstones, thats green energy

you can keep your green cars, I'll take my '69 Hemi Cuda in statutory grape

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
cars freaking rock

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Awful. Puking at this. Throwing up.

gently caress I hate cars. As mentioned as well, people are so inefficient while driving! Just throw on cruise control! It’s bizarre to me how people going on a highway don’t just use cruise control!

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
i would kill a car

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

actionjackson posted:

lyft and uber will just classify their vehicles as ambulances

https://twitter.com/rubydrummr/status/1310287396408299521

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

who's a good boy :3:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Xaris posted:

cars freaking rock

:barf::barf::barf::barf:

ArmZ posted:

who's a good boy :3:

:3::3::3::3:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
lol since my brothers chevy bolt's battery is hosed up they will let him trade it in for a chevy colorado

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

LonsomeSon posted:

wrong, only dogs should be allowed in cities

Okay Cliff

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/JerusalemDemsas/status/1445532089617584130?s=20

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

"militant local bike lane group"

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

it is pretty wild that we just accept that many car deaths a year

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

waging guerilla warfare by going through the proper channels to effect positive change for both people and the environment

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I used to own a bigass cargo bike trailer and would do all my shopping with it on the bike. Worst part was all the dudes laughing their rear end off at me every time I loaded it up at home depot.

Those dudes are all now dead of covid, looks like I get the last laugh

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Pryor on Fire posted:

I used to own a bigass cargo bike trailer and would do all my shopping with it on the bike. Worst part was all the dudes laughing their rear end off at me every time I loaded it up at home depot.

Those dudes are all now dead of covid, looks like I get the last laugh

haha look at biker boy! what a wuss!

*hasn't seen penis in 15 years and can no longer get an erection due to clogged arteries* *dies of covid*

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Someone posted this in the pics thread and the threads ik called them slums. :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

"hong kong density" god I loving hate canadians and their passive aggressive bullshit