Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble
Yes, Spooner, that's where all the variants come from , it's mean old Fauci. And he must have purposefully sat on a lot of the variants for months, cackling and rubbing his hands and waiting to release them. What a monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

fool of sound posted:

Yeah 1 in 280k isnt wildly bad but it's bad enough to be concerning. J&J's 1 in 10 million a lot less so.
1 in 280,000 is like 0.00036% which is several orders of magnitude lower than the 0.1 or 0.02% mortality risk for covid they like to disregard as statistically zero. But I guess I forgot the MAGIC VACCINE MULTIPLIER because the government is covering up the one million vaccine deaths or whatever.

So even using the worse number they still have nothing to stand on.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

1 in 280,000 is like 0.00036% which is several orders of magnitude lower than the 0.1 or 0.02% mortality risk for covid they like to disregard as statistically zero.

Oh yeah for sure, but it's still dramatically higher risk of serious side effects that the other vaccines, which means it does deserve some scrutiny.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Fister Roboto posted:

Love how Branco just keeps tacking poo poo on his Biden. We've got a scooter, the empty thought bubble, the teleprompter, and now blood on his hands. In a few months he's going to run out of room.
You left off the white teeth rictus grin (used by others to be fair), closed squinty eyes, and weirdly elongated bendy neck. I'm assuming the latter is going to keep growing and undulating that by the time the midterms roll around, it's going to be the size of a giraffe with extreme kyphosis.

Also, lol in this one the teleprompter is just sitting in the scooter cart. Branco is such a loving moron.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Zero_Grade posted:

You left off the white teeth rictus grin (used by others to be fair), closed squinty eyes, and weirdly elongated bendy neck. I'm assuming the latter is going to keep growing and undulating that by the time the midterms roll around, it's going to be the size of a giraffe with extreme kyphosis.

Also, lol in this one the teleprompter is just sitting in the scooter cart. Branco is such a loving moron.

Still he could have at least worked in an ice cream cone

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Oh, OK. So if the government didn't mandate that you'd get the vaccine, you'd rush to your nearest vaccine center to get one?

"No."

quote:

Judge a person by the type of people who defend their lovely behavior.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's not about persuading Sinema to join anyone's cause, it's about reminding her that she is a servant to her constituents.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Why don't you just go to her town hall and talk to her there, oh what's that she refuses to talk to anyone without a million dollar check in hand? Hm

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Y'all hear about this facebook thing?

Lalo Alcaraz

Nick Anderson

Robert Ariail

Clay Bennett

It 404'd because you forgot the top level domain. :colbert:

Lisa Benson

Steve Breen

Tim Campbell

Al Goodwyn

Bob Gorrell

Sweet Jesus, Gorrell

Walt Handelsman

Phil Hands

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Steve Kelley

Gary Markstein

Jack Ohman

Rob Rogers

Jen Sorensen

Bam! I'm a goat now.

Jeff Stahler

Dana Summers

Gary Varvel

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

So https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...e-complication/

It's time for fun with numbers!

- Washington has 4.7-ish million fully vaccinated people, 61.5% of the state is currently vaccinated.

- We have exactly 1 confirmed death from a vaccine complication, and nearly 8000 covid deaths.

- The day she died, 48 people in the state died of covid.

Ah, but what about more local?

- King County is 77% fully vaxxed. Nearly 2000 people have died of covid in King County, aka 25% of total deaths in Washington.

- The day she died, four other people died of covid in King County.

- There are no other confirmed deaths from this complication with the vaccine thus far.

Not to be an rear end in a top hat, because her family is hurting and no death is "okay", but considering just how happy anti-vax/mask/restriction folks are to wave their hands and go "well it's okay if people who aren't perfectly healthy die so long as I'm not inconvenienced", I definitely notice that this tragedy they're going to use to justify killing a lot more people involves someone that isn't on their list of acceptable casualties, namely a young, healthy, thin, pretty, happily married christian white woman with two kids who came from a family that I can only assume has a very comfortable amount of wealth given how much she apparently traveled. She's not the type of person that's supposed to die, in their worldview.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kellies Nomination: Laziest Non-Gorrell

Raised By Birds posted:

Bob Gorrell

Sweet Jesus, Gorrell

God drat, all hail the master of lazyassed cartooning.
It continues to astound me that somebody paid him legal currency to produce this.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

the_steve posted:

Kellies Nomination: Laziest Non-Gorrell

God drat, all hail the master of lazyassed cartooning.
It continues to astound me that somebody paid him legal currency to produce this.

That Gorrell deserves a lifetime Gorrell award.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

kartikeya posted:

That Gorrell deserves a lifetime Gorrell award.

I mean, there's a reason the category was named after him.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
How can you be so cruel after he put in the effort to splotch some red on Snow White's shoulders and haphazardly trace random selections of arms, hands, and faces. That must've taken at least two or three minutes.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Raised By Birds posted:

Bob Gorrell

Sweet Jesus, Gorrell
Legit belly laugh from this one :lol:

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

I like how I can do a google image search for "snow white apple" and immediately find a dozen versions of that image (including some fan art) that are far, far higher quality than whatever 90s jpeg artifact hell that one came out of.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

kartikeya posted:

So https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...e-complication/

It's time for fun with numbers!

- Washington has 4.7-ish million fully vaccinated people, 61.5% of the state is currently vaccinated.

- We have exactly 1 confirmed death from a vaccine complication, and nearly 8000 covid deaths.

- The day she died, 48 people in the state died of covid.

Ah, but what about more local?

- King County is 77% fully vaxxed. Nearly 2000 people have died of covid in King County, aka 25% of total deaths in Washington.

- The day she died, four other people died of covid in King County.

- There are no other confirmed deaths from this complication with the vaccine thus far.

Not to be an rear end in a top hat, because her family is hurting and no death is "okay", but considering just how happy anti-vax/mask/restriction folks are to wave their hands and go "well it's okay if people who aren't perfectly healthy die so long as I'm not inconvenienced", I definitely notice that this tragedy they're going to use to justify killing a lot more people involves someone that isn't on their list of acceptable casualties, namely a young, healthy, thin, pretty, happily married christian white woman with two kids who came from a family that I can only assume has a very comfortable amount of wealth given how much she apparently traveled. She's not the type of person that's supposed to die, in their worldview.
Also, read her obituary. It just descends into a rant about vaccines and personal freedoms. I didn’t we’d stoop this low as country, but I guess your loved one’s loving obituary is now a soap box.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

Also, read her obituary. It just descends into a rant about vaccines and personal freedoms. I didn’t we’d stoop this low as country, but I guess your loved one’s loving obituary is now a soap box.

Oh hell yeah gonna own my posting enemies in my obituary

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]
I mean, no joke, if I die because I can't get treatment for cancer cause of these fucks, my wife has promised me my obit will feature cause of death as "murdered by antivaxxers"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

bunnyofdoom posted:

I mean, no joke, if I die because I can't get treatment for cancer cause of these fucks, my wife has promised me my obit will feature cause of death as "murdered by antivaxxers"

You have a good wife.

Stay safe cancer goon.

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

There's been countless car-over-cliff comics, but has Henry Payne ever drawn one?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Cat Puke posted:

There's been countless car-over-cliff comics, but has Henry Payne ever drawn one?

Payne could never bring himself to depict a car being murdered.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Democratic Arithmetic

Ted Rall posted:

Democrats are fighting internally between their progressive and centrist wings over infrastructure bills, one for actual buildings, the other one for actual human beings. Interestingly, two right wing senators control what comes out of the US Senate even though they are only a tiny minority. Over in the House of Representatives, on the other hand, the small minority progressive squad is dismissed as the small minority that they are. What both assumptions have in common is that right wing politics are always considered normative.

First Dog on the Moon: If we've given up on 'Covid Zero' is it realistic to expect Corruption Zero?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Raised By Birds posted:

Bob Gorrell

Sweet Jesus, Gorrell

I'm the jpeg artifacting....no, I'm the MSPAINT lines drawn on top of the picture. Wait! I'm the godawful labels.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Pants Donkey posted:

1 in 280,000 is like 0.00036% which is several orders of magnitude lower than the 0.1 or 0.02% mortality risk for covid they like to disregard as statistically zero. But I guess I forgot the MAGIC VACCINE MULTIPLIER because the government is covering up the one million vaccine deaths or whatever.

So even using the worse number they still have nothing to stand on.

Hm, not quite. The problem was that before the cause was identified, in specific demographics that were receiving AZ (nurses), there were more deaths to an illness that looked suspiciously like heparin-induced thrombocytopenia than there were to COVID. That had doctors spooked for a bit.

I'm talking past tense here because it was an aeon ago and the solution was to adjust guidelines and inform doctors and patients. Iirc, Denmark just dropped AZ completely and used Biontech and Moderna instead – which was easy because neither AZ nor J&J delivered much.

Oh, and it doesn't apply to the USA at all.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Democratic Arithmetic

A group of Democrats, larger than six members, a large proportion of the progressive caucus, the leftist minority of the Democrat part of the house, is right now openly flexing their power to prevent a vote on a right-wing bill on order to further their own agenda, Rall. How about you show them some support

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I don't think they need his support, but they'd probably be delighted if Rall shut up.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Raised By Birds posted:

Bob Gorrell

Sweet Jesus, Gorrell

It's okay because he sighted his source above his signature in the top corner. Though in the future he will need to provide a url link for this to count. C-

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Oh gently caress off. The mask isn't a big deal and it's no effort to leave it on when I'm in the car. Much like how it's no effort when I put it on in the first place you clown.

quote:

Gary Varvel

I wish.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

They put the targets on their own backs by the poo poo they're doing, Biden didn't decide to turn them into targets.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Raised By Birds posted:

Bob Gorrell

Sweet Jesus, Gorrell

Like it's legit hard to make art this bad. So congratulations I guess?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Aren’t his past few comics about how the pandemic was a media conspiracy? So somehow I’m doubting he’s pro vaccine

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Raised By Birds posted:

Bob Gorrell

Sweet Jesus, Gorrell

Children find Facebook so dull they’re in danger of falling into a coma? AGC, A Gorrell Cartoon.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Hopefully Gorrell will get sued into oblivion by Disney for using their art, regardless of the half-rear end attribution.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

dr_rat posted:

Like it's legit hard to make art this bad. So congratulations I guess?
It's not just bad, it's literally just a blown up screengrab from the film with a few lines over it. It goes beyond tracing, which I'm pretty sure artists aren't supposed to do in general (especially professional ones), and fully into the territory of just using that art wholesale.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

HootTheOwl posted:

Oh gently caress off. The mask isn't a big deal and it's no effort to leave it on when I'm in the car. Much like how it's no effort when I put it on in the first place you clown.
It has become an accustomed peice of clothing for me after a year of having to wear it all day at work. It's no more to me then leaving my shirt on.

Also, I really do just like anonymity and wearing masks

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Isn't that Calvin's babysitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Brawnfire posted:

Isn't that Calvin's babysitter

Calvin's babysitter would have no patience for anti-vaxxers.