Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Pryor on Fire posted:

I used to own a bigass cargo bike trailer and would do all my shopping with it on the bike. Worst part was all the dudes laughing their rear end off at me every time I loaded it up at home depot.

Those dudes are all now dead of covid, looks like I get the last laugh

It's funny that in this context a powerful, sexy body is considered lame next to a fat, lazy body that can only transport itself with an outsized combustion engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Xaris posted:

cars freaking rock

They're the freeways of our times, someone said. Not me.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

why would anyone read gizmodo

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Fitzy Fitz posted:

It's funny that in this context a powerful, sexy body is considered lame next to a fat, lazy body that can only transport itself with an outsized combustion engine.

it's just literal might is right. Might in this sense being having a multiton vehicle you could maim or kill someone with at a moments notice, in addition to the justice system completely having your back should you do so

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

this is exactly the problem that urgently needs fixing, yes

I agree, until then apparently we are not allowed to visit nature at all

who the gently caress built that white mansion right next to it lmao

actionjackson has issued a correction as of 15:16 on Oct 6, 2021

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

ArmZ posted:

who's a good boy :3:

Ben-Fur

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

actionjackson posted:

I agree, until then apparently we are not allowed to visit nature at all

who the gently caress built that white mansion right next to it lmao

I imagine the highway was gradually expanded until it was right on their doorstep. I don't feel bad for that person, but I always hate to see an old farmhouse next to a busy multilane road.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

is this too long for thread title?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Someone posted this in the pics thread and the threads ik called them slums. :thumbsup:

Vyelkin or Dreylad you must do the needful as our only 2 canadian mods and destroy this settler in the pics thread

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

fits my needs posted:

lol since my brothers chevy bolt's battery is hosed up they will let him trade it in for a chevy colorado

Lmao

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
this thread title sucks and sounds pro-car. plz change it back mods thank you

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

cool av posted:

and after trucking...well, we all know what the next biggest polluter is iykwim

just ban all factories and the car problem will work itself out

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Polo-Rican posted:

it really sucks but if you have car brain maybe it makes sense

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Polo-Rican posted:

ok i changed it

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

the thread title is better now. thank you mods... blessed be the mods (unless they drive cars)

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

now that i work from home i only have to get gas every 3-4 months. would love to get that number down to never (because cars have been banned)

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lobster shirt posted:

now that i work from home i only have to get gas every 3-4 months. would love to get that number down to never (because cars have been banned)

psssst

hey, you!

over here!

ban cars

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

lol I remember I posted a thread in DnD 14 years ago that listed all the truly lovely things car culture has wrought upon us, not the least of which is the fact that they represent billions of little terraforming engines spewing CO2 into the atmosphere

at the end of the thread I asked, “Should we regulate and shun cars like we did cigarettes?”

it got five very hostile replies before the thread dropped off the front page and into oblivion

glad to see that things have changed a little bit since then

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

i don't see how you can just ban cars - you ever try to ride a fixie with a 96 pack of mega charmin ultra

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I think I want an ebike, but boy are they expensive. There's that proposed tax credit at least.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

DnD is currently linking to oil company's corporate marketing pages about their environmental impact to prove points so uh, just complete fantasy land cuckoo poo poo

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

sitchensis posted:

lol I remember I posted a thread in DnD 14 years ago

you registered in 2009 tho

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Vomik posted:

i don't see how you can just ban cars - you ever try to ride a fixie with a 96 pack of mega charmin ultra

take a bus

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lKq1fGtXFM

do we love this or do we want to throw it and it's rider off a cliff

im happy with either thread conclusion but i don't want to be on the wrong side

Dolphin has issued a correction as of 19:25 on Oct 6, 2021

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Dolphin posted:

do we love this or do we want to throw it and it's ride off a cliff

where can i get one

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Dolphin posted:

looks good to me, love it

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Dolphin posted:

this could revolutionize transportation than electric cars ever could. americans would never go for it though.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

small alternatives to full-sized cars have been around for decades, but big business isn't pushing them, cities aren't designing for them, and people aren't buying them. seems like better designed cities would solve both of the other problems.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

mila kunis posted:

take a bus

how will i give my 12 greyhounds heat stroke on a bus

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fitzy Fitz posted:

this could revolutionize transportation than electric cars ever could. americans would never go for it though.
yeah the problem in us cities with bicycles as a primary mode of transport is the winter and the rain. throw some fairings and an extra wheel or two on an e-bike and they're viable every day of the year

it would never happen though and they'd be more dangerous on roads with cars than regular bicycles

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Vomik posted:

how will i give my 12 greyhounds heat stroke on a bus

if i can't pile my 15 beautiful identical greyhounds into my car so we can go visit the woods, this whole 'ban cars' thing is a mess. and a waste.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Dolphin posted:

i love it and i want one to make biking winter-friendly

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

actionjackson posted:

you registered in 2009 tho

I had a different username back then

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1445584328075857923

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

cop budgets are so obscene

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

put the pigs in this then roll it off a cliff for an officer-involved lol

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

must have got extra budget because they had to cancel the fake accident on prom night at the local high school due to covid last year

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

i did a humvee rollover simulator before deploying, in 2006, and boy howdy i tell you what, we sure learned that we're absolutely all going to die if we're in a guntruck which is rolling over

also nobody was allowed to ride in the gunner swing for the drill, they just said something like "well we all know what's going to happen to the gunner" (i was a gunner the whole time on deployment, whee)

also also we had to wear not seatbelts, which vehicle crews don't wear into combat, but like restraint harnesses, and even still when we were sideways i almost dislocated the knee of the dude next to me with the weight of my legs hitting him

also also also it rolled over Very Slowly, like vehicles in an accident (or explosion) don't, to reduce the risk of injury to us

everyone went through it exactly once, the whole process from getting in to getting out was maybe 5 minutes. glad to see the long tradition of absolutely useless training and demo hardware has been communicated from the DoD to pigs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

this is your brain on car

https://twitter.com/shutupmikeginn/status/1445532949663731713?t=wzg6XIuDi3AUl7JHuCXnfA&s=19