Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Mister Facetious posted:

If you consider a treadmill a game, sure

Only if the treadmill shoots back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Willo567 posted:

everyone should read the kingdom hearts manga

it's insane lol

Augus fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Oct 6, 2021

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

I did that since the game has been out. Game still lags on a google fiber connection. Now what?

Not tryin' to defend Smash's online here but is your ethernet adapter USB 3?

The first one I lazily ordered wasn't.

The second one I ordered was. And it somehow performed worse than the USB 2 one -- gonna blame the funky compatibility issues on Nintendo for that one.

Can't remember if I got a third one 'cause I rarely play online and try to get physical games where possible anyway.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

I did that since the game has been out. Game still lags on a google fiber connection. Now what?

Sounds like you need the new OLED switch with the built in connection!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Motto posted:

The plot of kingdom hearts is that you beat up a bad guy, run into a badder guy, then find out about another bad guy who was pulling everyone's strings. Everything else is window dressing.

Oh it's a jrpg

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

you have to make sure you only get matched up against other people with equally good connections.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Target shipped my oled :toot:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Every single time I ever was a match away from elite smash I matched against red bar superstars until I was knocked another ten-fifteen games away.

Keep rolling that boulder, Sisyphus

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Target shipped my oled :toot:

Thank you for the heads up on this. I was just wondering about my pre-order from Target. Will start keeping a close eye on it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Johnny Joestar posted:

i think if nothing else i'm glad that smash is over with because it's tiring to hear people obsess over when new characters will be shown for years lmao

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Johnny Joestar posted:

i think if nothing else i'm glad that smash is over with because it's tiring to hear people obsess over when new characters will be shown for years lmao

I enjoy Smash Ultimate a lot, but this.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Don't worry. People will obsess over the awesome new characters coming to Nick All Star Brawl.

I hope they get Raphael.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The Bloop posted:

Oh it's a jrpg

It's a squeenix series with Final Fantasy characters.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

ImpAtom posted:

Don't worry. People will obsess over the awesome new characters coming to Nick All Star Brawl.

I hope they get Raphael.

I've never played Smash or NASB but whichever one lets me beat up Tommy Pickles is going to be the one I buy

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

flavor.flv posted:

:hmmyes:

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dark Samus
King K. Rool
Banjo & Kazooie
Steve

There are a total of six characters from Western designed games, and three of them have guns

I'm gonna need you to clarify who you think does and does not have a gun

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

I hope they get Raphael.

Where's Rocko

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Metroid looks amazing, but my backlog is too long to buy it new. Hopefully someone will have a crazy Black Friday deal for it or something

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

RBA Starblade posted:

If we must have an anime swordsman might as well have it be Johnny Knoxville
Anime Swordsman Johnny Knoxville is just Travis Touchdown, who should have been a real character instead of just a costume, yes.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

I've never played Smash or NASB but whichever one lets me beat up Tommy Pickles is going to be the one I buy

wow! you anti-semite!!!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Zeeman posted:

Metroid looks amazing, but my backlog is too long to buy it new. Hopefully someone will have a crazy Black Friday deal for it or something

Same except I'm buying Metroid and want a black friday deal on, idk, Luigi's Mansion 3.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Haven’t heard too much from the Switch camp about Diablo 2, has anyone been enjoying it?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

ImpAtom posted:

I hope they get Raphael.

i'm gonna be real with you, that game is destined to be halfbaked shovelware that nickelodeon won't bother to keep supporting after the initial budget given to it, no matter what devs are behind it

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The actual appeal of Kingdom Hearts is that it's a series of incredibly well-made Action RPGs. The first one is probably dated by now, but I don't think I've ever played a game as satisfying as Kingdom Hearts II. Everything just clicks in a way that is hard to describe, kind of like how most 3D Marios are just strictly better platformers than their contemporaries.

The secondary appeal is traveling through a series of Disney vignettes with your steadfast companions, Donald Duck and Goofy, forcing the Beauty and the Beast or the Pirates of the Caribbean or whoever to interact with a cartoon duck and an anime boy, while enjoying the absolutely wild casting choices. Sometimes you get Billy Zane or Sir Christopher Lee harping on about contrived anime bullshit and Mickey Mouse with all the ham and gravitas they can muster, other times you get Tidus from FFX doing a lazy Johnny Depp impression or Lance Bass voicing Sephiroth's three lines.

The tertiary appeal is the absolutely batshit insane plot. The original has a fairly restrained plot, but the series immediately goes off the rails after that and will not stop. There is no glib oversimplification that can do it any justice, it is the stupidest, most convoluted story ever told, and it rules.

Hopefully you clicked the "Goofy dies" video and saw Leather Mickey mutter "they'll pay for this" in the most murderous tone Mickey's voice can produce. If you can't appreciate that you may be clinically anhedonic.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

What about your opponents?

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Kingdom Heart's lore is about as comparable as Metal Gear's lore or the Legend of Zelda's timeline. Its fun for the nerds who are invested in the work to obsess over but it shouldn't affect your enjoyment of the gameplay themselves.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
They should have stopped at Banjo/Kazooie. Everyone after that was disappointing. Unless it was targetted at you, specifically. The only one that wasn't a complete dud was Sephiroth, and even that was a poor choice.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Walla posted:

It's a squeenix series with Final Fantasy characters.

i know i was just mocking the oversimplification of the plot as it also describes basically every rpg ever

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Zeeman posted:

Prepare to wait until Black Friday 2022.
I bought Pikmin 3 in June, it's first and only sale was 8 months after release. Breath of the Wild took a full year, then only once a year.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Zuzie posted:

Kingdom Heart's lore is about as comparable as Metal Gear's lore or the Legend of Zelda's timeline. Its fun for the nerds who are invested in the work to obsess over but it shouldn't affect your enjoyment of the gameplay themselves.

False.

The lore of Metal Gear absolutely should affect your enjoyment of the games, because it is insane in the best way. Kingdom Hearts doesn't quite reach Kojima's sheer mad genius, but it closes the gap somewhat by managing to be even dumber.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

They should have stopped at Banjo/Kazooie. Everyone after that was disappointing. Unless it was targetted at you, specifically. The only one that wasn't a complete dud was Sephiroth, and even that was a poor choice.
Dumb

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

Everyone after that was disappointing. Unless it was targetted at you, specifically.

other way around lol

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

We need some goon representation in smash and I am disappointed Stux wasn't the final character.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm gonna be real with you, that game is destined to be halfbaked shovelware that nickelodeon won't bother to keep supporting after the initial budget given to it, no matter what devs are behind it

big :hai:

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

None of the DLC characters in Smash were ones I have any real attachment to from playing their games before they got added to Smash.

That being said, I do appreciate what they do add to the game and I do like all of them.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Waltzing Along posted:

Sad that Smash didn't specifically cater to you.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Sad that Smash didn't specifically cater to you.

But it did. The 2nd DLC pack was perfectly catered to me. There was nothing in it I was interested in so I didn't buy it.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Also, uh, I wouldn't put much stock in pre-release reviews, personally.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Other m isn’t real, it can’t hurt you

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

False.

The lore of Metal Gear absolutely should affect your enjoyment of the games, because it is insane in the best way. Kingdom Hearts doesn't quite reach Kojima's sheer mad genius, but it closes the gap somewhat by managing to be even dumber.

FF8 dumb? Or better?, because that was such a poorly written game. I've yet to do X and everything beyond so I don't have those points of reference.

Point's moot though, the fact they are all cloud-based really limits my interest in getting them unless they are particularly cheap. I would've liked to have tried them though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

100YrsofAttitude posted:

FF8 dumb? Or better?, because that was such a poorly written game. I've yet to do X and everything beyond so I don't have those points of reference.

Point's moot though, the fact they are all cloud-based really limits my interest in getting them unless they are particularly cheap. I would've liked to have tried them though.

Lol FF8 is tame compared to MGS