Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
There are some great Kanyon stories on the new BVC show. I didn't remember the story about Kanyon trying to get Bryan signed but did remember the "Fritz Von Erich: ALIVE OR DEAD" story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bryan explaining how he learned to put together a match and THEN being told how you actually do it was fantastic.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Jerusalem posted:

Bryan explaining how he learned to put together a match and THEN being told how you actually do it was fantastic.

I mean Lance Storm has also talked about when he was trained and concepts like psychology and heat were never discussed, you were just expected to learn it eventually somehow.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

It's crazy how the most basic thing about psychology is treated as this closely guarded secret.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Renaissance Spam posted:

It's crazy how the most basic thing about psychology is treated as this closely guarded secret.

I mean we already know Fabulous Moolah would literally train her students badly to make sure none of them could ever get more over than her so that seems pretty much accurate to the mindest of the time.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

The most carry thing that happened to me in my (admittedly incredibly short) wrestling training was a guy worked really snug with me, and that's because I was an idiot who said I liked to to work snug.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Renaissance Spam posted:

Jericho and Lance mused that it is possible the guys who primarily trained them didn't really grasp psychology because they sucked.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Also, Filthy Tom being insulted by Bryan proclaiming "if only he could be a quarter as good as Syuri" he'd be the best in America was astounding. Because it turned into the insane idea of how to declare how good someone is comparatively with percentages, and filthy Tom proudly saying he was at least 66% as good as Syuri.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Wazzu posted:

and filthy Tom proudly saying he was at least 66% as good as Syuri.

highly debatable

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuNL3bbPiP8
Includes the 'homely' comment and reaction.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

I have to admit I prefer the idea of Jack Evans trying to avenge Alvarez' loss to OC rather than being Matt's stooge, if only because I started to feel really bad for him by the end of the shaving sequence and I'd rather think he truly did get into the situation of his own volition.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
drat alvarez and nL make a pretty penny on twitch

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jobber the Gambler has signed to AEW

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

ALL ELITE

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dying at Undertaker vs Big Boss review

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

Dying at Undertaker vs Big Boss review

"I don't think that's fair."
"Usually, hanging is against the rules.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
lot of stuff around twitch leaked, among them the info that bryans twitch channel has made more money than impacts lol

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Incessant Excess posted:

lot of stuff around twitch leaked, among them the info that bryans twitch channel has made more money than impacts lol
lol

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Incessant Excess posted:

Ahahaha, amazing.

Maybe Impact should start doing reviews of the Bryan & Vinny Show :allears:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
How current is that? Because Impact Wrestling left Twitch a few months ago.

edit: Ah, 2019.

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Oct 6, 2021

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Incessant Excess posted:

impact was so close to making 69,420 that i'm infuriated

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I wonder how much AAA was making from Twitch before their whole deal just imploded in on itself

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Bryan read my email about how Mike comparing WWE programming to the Muppet Show was a disservice to how the Muppet Show works, so I'm amazed at the emails that DON'T get read on air.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Drakkel posted:

I wonder how much AAA was making from Twitch before their whole deal just imploded in on itself

They made 26k.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Catching up on WOL...... apparently WWE had Sonya Deville on The Bump and asked her how SHE would deal with a home invasion :stare:

Jesus loving Christ.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Catching up on WOL...... apparently WWE had Sonya Deville on The Bump and asked her how SHE would deal with a home invasion :stare:

Jesus loving Christ.

Yeah it was posted in the WWE thread:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Goddamn that is super-hosed up.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

psycho company

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Jesus loving Christ.

you listened to that wol and this was your take away, and not WOOD HOT DOGS?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

dave had some weird ideas on the pod. i’m glad TK doesnt listen to him

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

I have no earthly idea why he’s still on about denying Hangman after hearing that pop from last night, absolute insanity.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
So I got this right since my brain short wired listening. Dave is suggesting don't do Page vs Omega now. Instead wait till February to do a stadium show in either LA or London?
:psyboom:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

bladeworksmaster posted:

I have no earthly idea why he’s still on about denying Hangman after hearing that pop from last night, absolute insanity.

He's not for denying Hangman he's just about getting money out of Omega/Dannielson first and then having Hangman challenge in a stadium for the title in a massive event.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Short term thinking would mean nobody would be a new star.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Dave is looking at it as the best way to expand their business; using their biggest match to make the jump to doing stadium shows. Which further legitimises them as competition to WWE to more casual observers.

He then says they are probably doing it at Full Gear, but he was making the case for doing it on a bigger show.

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
They gotta resolve the Danielson thing, Hangman’s been on a years-long arc to dethrone his invincible former partner and while he was out some guy popped in and almost beat him with no build up.

Of course you can do Bryan-Hangman next because the whole reason you pay 45 year old legends a lot of money is for them to put your future stars over, and lord knows doing five star rated jobs is Bryan’s dream

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I think Dave's a part of that like, pure business mindset of "They need to get every single dream match done as fast as humanly possibly" because that's basically what WWE does but AEW's shown it can succeed without hot-shotting every single big match the instant they can possibly do it.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
"Don't rush Page/Omega so we can get to Omega/Danielson first" is a weird take followed by Dave rambling on how long they've been saving Page/Omega

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Also I dunno why Dave is so insistent that AEW should be rushing to get as big as WWE as fast as possible when they're doing fine at their own pace. Maybe let them take time to build their show naturally instead of hot-shotting every former WWE guy into title shots like every other dogshit No 2 company in history has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Dave is an ancient feller that sleeps like 4 hours a day and only watches wrestling.