Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's true, the fodder adder does it almost entirely backwards. When you select "4* and under" it should prioritize feeding 4 stars, then 3, then 2, then 1. Using your valuable xp first lets you have 1 stars left for more granular feeding near +20.

It should prioritize artifacts over potions as well because potions don't take up inventory space. Currently choosong any of the 4 options causes you to just feed all your potions, then 1 star artifacts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
The biggest single tip I think new players should get is to keep at least offensive artifacts levelled up on characters that deal damage even if they're dogshit mismatched garbage pieces. Don't worry about the opportunity cost at all. Using a levelled artifact as fodder conserves 80% of the experience in the artifact anyway, and it's over 90% once you factor in the chances of a 2x/5x. I promise you that you won't notice the experience you "wasted" on a trash +16 feather once you're in the endgame and having at least feathers and elemental bonus% goblets levelled will save you so much suffering before you get there.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Lobsterpillar posted:

I think that inazuma also just has enemies much more densely packed.

On mobile chat, I run it exclusively on mobile and don't have problems with excessive heat (it's warm, but not hugely so). The only gameplay problems I get are with lag which is usually only when there is a ton of particle effects happening all at once. For example, after ventis burst, sometimes that will lead to lag and make it unable to swap characters etc.

I suspect the difference between "phone is a little toasty" vs "phone can cook an egg" comes down to how powerful your processor is. The easier you can run the game, the hotter it's going to get since phones can't pack in a lot of heat sinks.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

RareAcumen posted:

I desperately want the ability to lock those artifact potions because I keep accidentally using them on bullshit
The good news is you can feed that bullshit to your actual-care-artifacts and get most of that back, at least?

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

RareAcumen posted:

I desperately want the ability to lock those artifact potions because I keep accidentally using them on bullshit

Same here. I'm trying to stockpile artifact XP for future characters, but that's hard when I accidentally shove them all into artifacts I don't want to max out completely while trying to free up more artifact slots. Oh well, enjoy your +20 flower, Rosaria...

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

No Wave posted:

It's true, the fodder adder does it almost entirely backwards. When you select "4* and under" it should prioritize feeding 4 stars, then 3, then 2, then 1. Using your valuable xp first lets you have 1 stars left for more granular feeding near +20.

It should prioritize artifacts over potions as well because potions don't take up inventory space. Currently choosong any of the 4 options causes you to just feed all your potions, then 1 star artifacts.

Yeah, this is less of an issue for weapon XP since it'll give you smaller ones for whatever excess you use, but for artifacts I don't want the automatic thing to instantly use up all my 1*s and 2*s.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
my life is more peaceful now that i have surrendered attachment to all 1,2,3 star artifacts and weapons. into the boiler you go.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
It takes over 100 4* artifacts to get an artifact to +20, if you lose part of one because it used up all your +1 artifacts first you overflow like 1-2k xp out of 270,000 total in the artifact. You really want a toggle or a coding change that would result in 4* artifacts being chosen first for new players who can still use them? So you can offset the risk of losing a half of a percent of your artifacts xp?

There's a point to be made about artifact xp potions not being lockable but come on man, just admit you're weird about losing a trivial amount of artifact xp and don't expect mihoyo to code around you.

Araganzar fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Oct 6, 2021

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Lazy_Liberal posted:

my life is more peaceful now that i have surrendered attachment to all 1,2,3 star artifacts and weapons. into the boiler you go.

some of the 3* weapons are really good, should just keep one of each at max refine imo

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

parceling out small value ones to like, game the exp system is insane to me. i just eat that poo poo in the order it puts it in automatically

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

heck a 3* weapon is albedo's best in slot

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Manatee Cannon posted:

some of the 3* weapons are really good, should just keep one of each at max refine imo

i lived the "fully refined version of every 3 star weapon" life for too long. i am free now. 🙏

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Araganzar posted:

It takes over 100 4* artifacts to get an artifact to +20, if you lose part of one because it used up all your +1 artifacts first you overflow like 1-2k xp out of 270,000 total in the artifact. You really want a toggle or a coding change that would result in 4* artifacts being chosen first for new players who can still use them? So you can offset the risk of losing a half of a percent of your artifacts xp?

There's a point to be made about artifact xp potions not being lockable but come on man, just admit you're weird about losing a trivial amount of artifact xp and don't expect mihoyo to code around you.
New players are under no threat, the default option is feeding 1-star artifacts and below and just like now you have to opt into feeding 4 stars. I'm not asking for a new toggle, I'm asking that the four options in the current drop down don't present you with the same six one stars to feed no matter which you choose.

(It can make a bigger difference when you x2 or x5 with six purples - multiplier xp constitutes ~11% of the total xp you'll gain throughout the course of the game)

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Oct 6, 2021

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

if i was making the UI i would have probably just done icons with 1-4 stars on them and you tap to check/uncheck them and include that rarity in whichever exp mat you're pulling in. you also don't add any more strings to translate this way.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lazy_Liberal posted:

i lived the "fully refined version of every 3 star weapon" life for too long. i am free now. 🙏
you at least kept thrilling tales right

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

New players are under no threat, the default option is feeding 1-star artifacts and below and just like now you have to opt into feeding 4 stars. I'm not asking for a new toggle, I'm asking that the four options in the current drop down don't present you with the same six one stars to feed no matter which you choose.

(It can make a bigger difference when you x2 or x5 with six purples - multiplier xp constitutes ~11% of the total xp you'll gain throughout the course of the game)

Yeah I guess that also keeps you from putting all your potions or fodder into like a +20 artifact because if you get a 2x or 5x it's mostly lost....

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

What's the good ratio of Crit Rate to Crit DMG again? I'm working on artifacts for Childe and I'm not sure if I'm in a good or a bad place with it (51% Rate/140% DMG)

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
1:2 CR:CD usually

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
You know what's really pissing me off these days is that Google has started pointing my search for this thread to the old thread and refusing to acknowledge this one exists so now I have to search on "something awful genshin impact fatties" to find it.

Google fix your poo poo

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
1:2 Crit Rate:Crit DMG is the ideal ratio under most circumstances. You'd want more Crit Rate if you can swing it.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Blizzard Strayer fucks up the whole calculation and tilts it towards "lol just crit damage" I assume? Since I'm getting by pretty great with base 35% / 220% on Ayaka with 4pc BS

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

My artifacts aren't fully maxed so I've still got a chance, but good to know I'm at least headed in the right direction, thanks :thumbsup:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea strayer+cryo resonance help make up for lower crit rate from artifacts

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

Araganzar posted:

You know what's really pissing me off these days is that Google has started pointing my search for this thread to the old thread and refusing to acknowledge this one exists so now I have to search on "something awful genshin impact fatties" to find it.

Google fix your poo poo

Have you tried using the SA bookmarked thread functionality? I find that a lot more convenient than looking for threads every time. Unless it's a browser vs. mobile client thing, I've not used the latter.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The ideal ratio is still the same, you just have to count the situational crit rate bonuses. Presumably that also works backwards with like C6 Sara increasing Raiden's crit damage, thereby making crit damage less important for that build.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Once you get to about 80 crit rate you can stack an arbitrary amount of cdamage.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Clarste posted:

The ideal ratio is still the same, you just have to count the situational crit rate bonuses. Presumably that also works backwards with like C6 Sara increasing Raiden's crit damage, thereby making crit damage less important for that build.
Her own damage too! My Sara is like 60/90 or something.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
anything above 93 effective crit rate risks losing value from the 7%/15% crit rate/damage card in abyss that you normally windmill slam if offered, but that's a) extremely marginal and b) only commonly relevant for freeze dps using a crit rate weapon

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

ok you know what ill take it

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Endorph posted:

you at least kept thrilling tales right

into the boiler i said!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you're prob gonna regret that long run. just keeping 1 of each 3* weapon is easy too, it's not like you have to actively seek them out like you do artifacts

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Well a few of the 3* are overworld chest drops only I think

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lazy_Liberal posted:

into the boiler i said!
lol what
thrilling tales is one of the best weapons in the game, its bis for every catalyst support. why would you delete it just because it isnt 4 or 5 stars.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

3 star weapons give really garbage xp, so I keep all 1000+ of them.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Endorph posted:

lol what
thrilling tales is one of the best weapons in the game, its bis for every catalyst support. why would you delete it just because it isnt 4 or 5 stars.

How do you refine a book anyway does like John Irving show up and rewrite a few chapters

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

lurksion posted:

Well a few of the 3* are overworld chest drops only I think

One is still only from a dialog option with Chen the Sharp and impossible to get above R0.
Luckily it's poo, although it is the only 3* EM sword so it could be worth using on Anemo Traveler for newbie players who don't have Iron Sting yet.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I haven't foddered an actual weapon since like the first month

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Araganzar posted:

How do you refine a book anyway does like John Irving show up and rewrite a few chapters

r5 is just a kindle

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
The worst part of 3* weapons is I will never have higher than a R3 White Tassle.

Araganzar posted:

now I have to search on "something awful genshin impact fatties" to find it.

How did you find my Tinder search criteria?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Endorph posted:

lol what

Sac frags and widsith would beg to differ :colbert:

Though it's probably what's going to end up on my Kokomi.