Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

[5 more paragraphs of similar examples]

“Barret isn’t anywhere near as popular as Sephiroth or Cloud”
“A music based Splatoon character would be cool but realistically they’d use one of the Squid Sisters not Marina”
“Why would they use Shinobu from NMH but not Travis Touchdown”
The same poo poo we’ve heard throughout history.
lol, drat. epic stuff. not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

STONE COLD 64 posted:

lol, drat. epic stuff. not.
              \

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Racism, in video games.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Heath posted:

Racism, in video games.

where? let me at 'em

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Racism? I hardly know him!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

*demented, high pitched voice* DIDDY KONG RACISM!!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

*demented, high pitched voice* DIDDY KONG RACISM!!
Bicyclops holding an N64 cart over a barrel of Dip

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
the indefinitely borrowed wii u copy of super mario 3d world i have didnt want to work so i went to the store and bought the switch version. its the only mainline mario i havent beaten

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

It’s a good game I like it a lot. Love Mario, love Nintendo.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

mycophobia posted:

the indefinitely borrowed wii u copy of super mario 3d world i have didnt want to work so i went to the store and bought the switch version. its the only mainline mario i havent beaten

You're in for a treat.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

mycophobia posted:

you've made a good choice. Mario is extremely hweel

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

3D world kicks loving rear end.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it’s a very good game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

In Training posted:

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
I tried it when I first got my switch and it didn't click so I sold it but now that I've finished Odyssey I'm itching to pick it back up

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
It's definitely in the top four Mario games ever, I might go as far as saying it's the best Mario game ever. But it does have some weird issue with me that I've never seen anyone else complain about where the depth perception really messes with me for some reason and I have a huge problem with landing on platforms when they are left to right. Like I can't tell where the back or front of the platform I'm jumping onto is and it causes me to die all the time. I've never had that issue with a game before or since, and I've never seen anyone else complain about it, so I think my brain is just hosed up with 3d World for some reason.

I still beat it though :cool:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Also I just got the super monkey ball collection. Playing the old gamecube stages with the Power A wireless gc controller is just the best. They even brought Monkey Bowling back.

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

It's definitely in the top four Mario games ever, I might go as far as saying it's the best Mario game ever. But it does have some weird issue with me that I've never seen anyone else complain about where the depth perception really messes with me for some reason and I have a huge problem with landing on platforms when they are left to right. Like I can't tell where the back or front of the platform I'm jumping onto is and it causes me to die all the time. I've never had that issue with a game before or since, and I've never seen anyone else complain about it, so I think my brain is just hosed up with 3d World for some reason.

This is why I bounced off it, I couldnt land any jumps with the fixed camera

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Nah I definitely felt like this as well, something just slightly off. Still great but the controls being a bit less than 100% smooth is enough to keep it from being GOAT.

Bowsers Fury is fantastic and fixes both issues so it's a bit frustrating that they couldn't fix it on the main 3D World on Switch too, but I get its a whole different game and there's probably a lot of technical stuff going on lol

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
The camera thing being the culprit never even occurred to me because I didn't have that problem with 3D Land. Thanks for solving the mystery, I was almost convinced the game was gaslighting me, like it detected my Wiiu was modded and it was slowly making it impossible to beat lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

3d world was fun

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i didnt have that problem and i think anyone who did is a noob

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
yeah i had some weird depth perception problem with 3d world where id just run off the sides of bridges and poo poo

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i had problems jumping onto moving platforms last night. the overhead camera is slightly awkward. game owns though

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

try looking at marios shadow. if its over a platform, that means youll land on it :science:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
As a Luigi main I was flying off the edge of the map fairly often but the game still rules and I wouldn't necessarily call that a fault.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've never missed a platform in any Mario game myself.

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020
If I see a bottomless pit ahead of me I simply jump over it :colbert:

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Heath posted:

Racism, in video games.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

I bought Rayman just because of how good it looked on the Vita screen

I was also going to buy Dark Souls while at Best Buy (which I never even knew got a switch port until today) but there was only one copy there and it was ripped open and the cart was missing lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I was also going to buy Dark Souls while at Best Buy (which I never even knew got a switch port until today) but there was only one copy there and it was ripped open and the cart was missing lol

https://streamable.com/3te2bp

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lmfao

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

dark souls on the switch is bizarre and hosed up because the A and B buttons are in the traditional nintendo locations

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

lol

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

scary ghost dog posted:

dark souls on the switch is bizarre and hosed up because the A and B buttons are in the traditional nintendo locations

If you mean A is accept and B is cancel I actually really prefer that

Other than that is it a good port?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

If you mean A is accept and B is cancel I actually really prefer that

Other than that is it a good port?

its better than the ps3/360 versions but not as good as the ps4/crossbone versions

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
although the switch being a handheld means to some it might be the best version

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

dark souls switch has some pretty heavily compressed audio that might be super annyoing if you play docked but unnoticeable if you play handheld

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

ots hosed up that they ibclude an opyion yo change it in the menu but its greyed out and inaccessible. gently caress you lovely euro port devs!